Poll: What is coming, what would you like to see?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It won't be cursed by DI. DI, outside of the Blizzcon 2018 reaction and some PC is the only place for Diablo gatekeepers, has been received exceptionally well.
    Everyone is different. I just don't believe it would be worth the investment at all. As a Diablo fan.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Every 2 years crap out a WoW expansion.

Probably push a D4 expansion or two over the following decade.

Maybe this time actually give the new OW game new content so expansions are possible.

If they were to do anything new and on the PC stage it could be a new Starcraft game. RTS virtually has no competition and its a Blizzard staple. Plus they learned how to micro SC2 up a lot so they could lead into SC3 doing the same.

But in all likelihood it will just be mobile garbage games based off beloved IPs stuffed full of gotcha mechanics and charges. Probably link them to non-mobile games too. So if you want new mounts and stuff in WoW you will need to play the WoW mobile gotcha game. Or certain items can be unlocked in D4 when you play the Diablo gotcha mobile game. So the whole echo sphere will be a whale verse non whale environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post

Maybe this time actually give the new OW game new content so expansions are possible.
    Not making OW2 an expansion for OW was a bit weird.

If they were to do anything new and on the PC stage it could be a new Starcraft game. RTS virtually has no competition and its a Blizzard staple. Plus they learned how to micro SC2 up a lot so they could lead into SC3 doing the same.
    We'll see. Currently, unannounced projects are a mobile selection, and a PC selection with "wide immersive worlds".

But in all likelihood it will just be mobile garbage games based off beloved IPs stuffed full of gotcha mechanics and charges. Probably link them to non-mobile games too. So if you want new mounts and stuff in WoW you will need to play the WoW mobile gotcha game. Or certain items can be unlocked in D4 when you play the Diablo gotcha mobile game. So the whole echo sphere will be a whale verse non whale environment.
    Honestly, really don't want Blizzard to go on the mobile market, and if they were to, then make a new franchise for it, instead of dragging current ones into them (with the exception of Hearthstone).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not making OW2 an expansion for OW was a bit weird.
    It's just a difference of branding to be honest. The way I've understood it, OW1 will essentially be OW2's multiplayer mode and those who buy OW2 will pay for the other stuff; if you're not interested in that you don't have to do anything, provided you already own OW1. So why did they choose to brand it a sequel? I'm guessing the main reason is the engine overhaul, they're doing quite a lot with it. Well, that and being a sequel rather than an expansion will probably drive more sales.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It's just a difference of branding to be honest. The way I've understood it, OW1 will essentially be OW2's multiplayer mode and those who buy OW2 will pay for the other stuff; if you're not interested in that you don't have to do anything, provided you already own OW1. So why did they choose to brand it a sequel? I'm guessing the main reason is the engine overhaul, they're doing quite a lot with it. Well, that and being a sequel rather than an expansion will probably drive more sales.
    I've always had the feeling OW2 will push out OW1 sooner than later.

Starcraft as an IP is going to sleep for a very long time... we're talking 2030 at the minimum before a new SC game.

I'd say a Warcraft spinoff (like Hearthstone) and more Diablo is more likely than a new IP.

another starcraft rts is unlikely since all the rts devs left, which is why i see potential for other games within the starcraft universe

- - - Updated - - -

overwatch 2 is gonna basically upgrade overwatch 1 and make everything one game. So the pvp will mostlikely be free to play, whilst overwatch 2 will basicalyl be the campiang and hero missons, probably battle pass

I imagine once OW2 is out they'll pretty much replace OW1 with it regardless of whether or not you made the purchase. If that's the case, the OW2-only content will be visible to you in the menus, just inaccessible. I can't see them doing it any other way, since OW1 and OW2 will work in conjunction, e.g. OW1 players have access to New York, Rome etc.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'd like to see a new IP.

I'd honestly like to see what they could do in an exploration/puzzle style FPS with some light RPG elements, but at 18+ level. Dealers choice on the setting (scifi or medieval fantasy).

On the surface (just the surface) Bliz lore is good about world building. Its the interpersonal relationship and Character motivation stuff that they fall flat on their faces with. Take something like an Isekai storyline with lots of exploration and puzzles, with maybe 20-40% of the gameplay being First person or Third Person combat and the rest exploration and puzzles.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    I'd like to see a new IP.

I'd honestly like to see what they could do in an exploration/puzzle style FPS with some light RPG elements, but at 18+ level. Dealers choice on the setting (scifi or medieval fantasy).

On the surface (just the surface) Bliz lore is good about world building. Its the interpersonal relationship and Character motivation stuff that they fall flat on their faces with. Take something like an Isekai storyline with lots of exploration and puzzles, with maybe 20-40% of the gameplay being First person or Third Person combat and the rest exploration and puzzles.
    how would a medival fantasy fps work hah , but what do u mean exploration/puzzle, like destiny?

it's really hard to tell what direction they can even go in at this point in time. I mean I can't say I'd care to see a new IP when really it's only one of the OG games that's getting a full blown new entry with Diablo 4. I don't want to call OW2 a new game since, really, they're just adding in the other half of the game that should have been there in the first place... I'd love to see either Warcraft IV or WoW 2 but that's probably never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    They can slap "Starcraft" tag on just about any reasonable genre PC/Console game and it will sell millions. It's mass market enough, just like Diablo 4 is. They are probably not sure what exactly they want to do with it yet, they have this creative paralysis gripping them for half a decade now.
    Honestly i would much rather see Vicarious Visions be given the freedom to do anything with the Starcraft IP rather than turn them into blizzards remake life support.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i would much rather see Vicarious Visions be given the freedom to do anything with the Starcraft IP rather than turn them into blizzards remake life support.
    who knows if vv is allwoed to really expand main ips from blizzard, but yea could be cool

starcraft seems the only choice left for blizzard, if not a new ip is announced

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    who knows if vv is allwoed to really expand main ips from blizzard, but yea could be cool

starcraft seems the only choice left for blizzard, if not a new ip is announced
    Take your username, swap MMO for RTS, & multiply the severity of the situation several hundred times I love RTS games, & wanted nothing more than for WC3R to succeed, but the genre just doesn't seem to have much hope at all right now, & I'm not sure ActivisionBlizzard will take a chance on a big budget SC title.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Take your username, swap MMO for RTS, & multiply the severity of the situation several hundred times I love RTS games, & wanted nothing more than for WC3R to succeed, but the genre just doesn't seem to have much hope at all right now, & I'm not sure ActivisionBlizzard will take a chance on a big budget SC title.
    its not even about taking a chance alll the rts devs are gone, they dont have anyone who can and is competent in making rts games

I wanna see a multi unit control mmo set in the Starcraft universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I wanna see a multi unit control mmo set in the Starcraft universe.
    We're thinking like Commandos/XCom with select roles/'Heroes' to make the objective or Ground Control where you have a set amount of units to complete your task without much building objective but more management?

We're thinking like Commandos/XCom with select roles/'Heroes' to make the objective or Ground Control where you have a set amount of units to complete your task without much building objective but more management?
    I'm thinking like a much better version of Sto officers or Granado Espada so more active combat but turnbased wouldn't be bad either. If it was an active system every unit would only have like 2 skills you can use so you could have 5 squad members (using the number keys for their skills)

You would go around "collecting" heroes/units some which wouldn't join you if you have any zerg allies, are a good guy, or what ever. Recruiting would unlock cosmetics and maybe skills that you could then add on to a base version of that unit if you didn't like that unit for some reason. Like if you recruit Dave the Firebat King you get his unique helmet look and a skill. You think the skill is shit but love the helm so instead of using and lvling up Dave you then create a basic Firebat recruit and customize it with Dave's helmet and use the basic Firebat skill 1 and Skill 2 from Jenny the Firebat Queen you recruited earlier because you like that skill over the other Firebat skills you got.

I think the options for your playable "main" character would be like Terran Soldier, Ghost , infested Terran, BroodMother, and Primal Zerg, I'm not sure if the Protoss character would be different units based on Tal'darim, Purifier, Nerazim, etc. or if it would be like Zealot, High templar, etc and you get to pick your "race".

It would also be cool if there was a tower defense or base building/defense mode where you actually build buildings and units like regular Starcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I'm thinking like a much better version of Sto officers or Granado Espada so more active combat but turnbased wouldn't be bad either. If it was an active system every unit would only have like 2 skills you can use so you could have 5 squad members (using the number keys for their skills)

You would go around "collecting" heroes/units some which wouldn't join you if you have any zerg allies, are a good guy, or what ever. Recruiting would unlock cosmetics and maybe skills that you could then add on to a base version of that unit if you didn't like that unit for some reason. Like if you recruit Dave the Firebat King you get his unique helmet look and a skill. You think the skill is shit but love the helm so instead of using and lvling up Dave you then create a basic Firebat recruit and customize it with Dave's helmet and use the basic Firebat skill 1 and Skill 2 from Jenny the Firebat Queen you recruited earlier because you like that skill over the other Firebat skills you got.

I think the options for your playable "main" character would be like Terran Soldier, Ghost , infested Terran, BroodMother, and Primal Zerg, I'm not sure if the Protoss character would be different units based on Tal'darim, Purifier, Nerazim, etc. or if it would be like Zealot, High templar, etc and you get to pick your "race".

It would also be cool if there was a tower defense or base building/defense mode where you actually build buildings and units like regular Starcraft.
    If it were to be something like that, it of course should have several storylines built up around the various factions and groups within each race.

As for units, I would love it if it were like Commandos, I believe XCom is the more futuristic version of it? Never played it. Commandos = Each member having a special utility for the mission kind of gameplay. So that we can get a few more names and identities brought into the franchise and its world, as well as revisiting some of the oldies that we have seen.

Yeah. Don't you guys have phones and credit cards to buy RNG boxes is the future for sure. The sad thing is I am sure millions will just got to get them all!