Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I’d say after this week. Georgia #1. Iowa #2. Penn State #3. Oklahoma or Ohio State #4.
    That'd be a neat trick if Penn State could move up by losing.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For someone that doesn't really watch NCAA, this actually makes me really happy.
    It should.

what a weekend of football!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No it shouldn’t. And also no there definitely are unbeatable’s. There’s plenty of teams that have gone undefeated, and no one was beating them they were that good such as 01’ Miami, and 95’ Nebraska.

Also Alabama losing still doesn’t change much. If they win out they still control their own destiny, and if Georgia’s only loss is in the SEC Championship game they’re still in. I’d say after this week. Georgia #1. Iowa #2. Penn State #3. Oklahoma or Ohio State #4.
    It's not what will happen after Alabama loses, it's that they lost at all. To a 3-2 unranked team who almost lost to Colorado. That's the point. You're saying that teams like Cincy don't stand a chance in an expanded CFP, but your reasoning an analysis (such as it is) falls apart with Cincy beating the shit out of Notre Dame and 'Bama losing to the Aggies. Those events, plus many others, only bolster the argument for an expanded CFP.

Just out of curiosity, and hoping for more than a "because I *feels* it, why do you have Penn State ranked #3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I was laughing at it at first, but, and I can't tell you how much I hate saying this, Penn State would have the best "loss" of all the one-loss teams. Hands down. Bama could/should be ranked below them, given that factor. I'm not saying I agree, just that there is room for a semi-reasonable argument. I'm still at a delightful loss as to why Oregon only fell to #8 after their Stanford loss, but I'm not complaining.

The rankings will be really interesting this week.

Georgia looks fucking unstoppable. They had one slip-up game, against Clemson, still won, just not decisively. Have we ever seen a better defense than Georgia?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    It should.
    I see what you did there.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least a few people disagreed with 'ol Muto: Week 7 AP rankings.

Have to say that I disagree with Alabama ranked above Penn State. Penn has the tougher loss, and both have beaten three top 20 teams. Lots to look at though.
    (Oregon fell a spot, not surprised, still sad )
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-10 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP at least had Alabama falling more spots than Penn State. Dropping only 4 spots for losing to an unranked seems pretty weak to me still.
    /s

Well they did play the #3 team in the country when they were ranked #4, and barely lost on the road, and Alabama lost, which means everyone should have moved up. I don’t know why Penn State dropped almost the same amount as Alabama. Not that it matters I guess, because if they both win out they’re both in the top 4 again.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-10 at 09:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Since I was the only one awake or at the game: Utah won its first game ever at the Coliseum last night in blowout fashion. The last time Utah won in LA vs the Trojans was in 1916, when Woodrow Wilson was president, World War 1 was raging in Europe, Utah had been a state for 20 years, and the Coliseum wouldn't even be built for another 7 years.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-10-10 at 10:33 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since I was the only one awake or at the game: Utah won its first game ever at the Coliseum last night in blowout fashion. The last time Utah won in LA vs the Trojans was in 1916, when Woodrow Wilson was president, World War 1 was raging in Europe, Utah had been a state for 20 years, and the Coliseum wouldn't even be built for another 7 years.
    That was a crazy good game - love seeing USC fall completely from grace. It's going to take them years to recover from their coaching fiasco.

5+ Year Old Account
    That'd be a neat trick if Penn State could move up by spinning.
    Ah, a man of culture

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be a neat trick if Penn State could move up by spinning.
    Strong in the force, this one is
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-10-10 at 11:02 PM.

AP at least had Alabama falling more spots than Penn State. Dropping only 4 spots for losing to an unranked seems pretty weak to me still.
    the Bama effect... they want them there.. there is no way they should be top 10 after losing to A&M with how others have fallen (including Clemson). Heck UK is in the "mighty" SEC and undefeated and only 11. This ranking system needs to just diaf already, copy the NFL and go to a real playoff system that is equal for everyone not just the mighty few the pickers like.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm finally home from a five day roadtrip. That said, FUCK ASU

10+ Year Old Account
    Cincy at 3, Kentucky at 11, Coastal Carolina at 15. Wake Forest at 16. As someone who almost never gets to watch any games, all those sound really crazy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Cincy at 3, Kentucky at 11, Coastal Carolina at 15. Wake Forest at 16. As someone who almost never gets to watch any games, all those sound really crazy.
    Cincinnati might be the first midmajor to bust into the playoff.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    That would be fantastic. If they make the cut, I sincerely hope they don't have to play Georgia in the semi-finals. Although that's almost a certainty, given how the rankings work and the already low probability that they will make the cut.

No they hopefully won’t.

If they did the only team they could probably beat up there (top 7) is Oklahoma, but I don’t think Oklahoma survives the season undefeated. Almost all their games have been close. I think it’s only a matter of time before they lose. And the Big 12 is the weakest Power 5.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-11 at 10:36 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No they hopefully won’t.

If they did the only team they could probably beat up there (top 7) is Oklahoma, but I don’t think Oklahoma survives the season undefeated. Almost all their games have been close. I think it’s only a matter of time before they lose. And the Big 12 is the weakest Power 5.
    If your argument is "no blowouts allowed" You better be the first person on the Utah 2008 Natty train. Otherwise you need to rethink what you are trying to argue.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-10-12 at 02:32 PM.

No they hopefully won’t.

Pac 12 is the weakest Power 5 over the last 10 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Pac 12 is the weakest Power 5 over the last 10 years.
    If it was last five, you'd have a point. Last ten is where your argument falls apart you overgrown, overaged clone of Bill Nye

If it was last five, you'd have a point. Last ten is where your argument falls apart you overgrown, overaged clone of Bill Nye
    Nope, statement is correct at last 10 years.

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/ncaafera.py?...21&sortby=winp

Big 12 has higher Win%, Higher Bowl Win%, more NY6 wins, more CFP appearances, one less BCS appearance in that time.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2021-10-12 at 05:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Nope, statement is correct at last 10 years.

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/ncaafera.py?...21&sortby=winp

Big 12 has higher Win%, Higher Bowl Win%, more NY6 wins, more CFP appearances, one less BCS appearance in that time.
    As I said: All in the last five years.