10+ Year Old Account
    what are the best gem choices for great axe and hatchet pve (leveling)?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Gold coins. They are yellow. There is nothing wrong shortening it to gold like is standard in pretty much any game that has yellow coins as currency.
    Except that you would be wrong. If you actually 0layed the game and hovered over your currency you would see that it doesn't mention gold anywhere. The currency is not called gold. It is called coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Except that you would be wrong. If you actually 0layed the game and hovered over your currency you would see that it doesn't mention gold anywhere. The currency is not called gold. It is called coin.
    Ahh right it is just that other yellow metal. It is clear it is meant to be a gold coin. The currency in WoW is also coins but referred to as copper, silver, and gold because of the metal/material is the denomination indicator.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-10-18 at 10:28 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what are the best gem choices for great axe and hatchet pve (leveling)?
    Anything. It doesn't matter. You change equipment so fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow. I just saw that New World authenticates stuff client side rather then server side. I knew bots could tell the fish they will catch as soon as the cast lands. But just saw an exploit that makes you invulnerable when you have the game in window mode and drag it around. They have a lot of work to do to combat hacks, exploits, and what not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Ahh right it is just that other yellow metal. It is clear it is meant to be a gold coin. The currency in WoW is also coins but referred to as copper, silver, and gold because of the metal/material is the denomination indicator.
    "This currency specifically not named gold is clearly intended to be gold."

And WoW explicitly denotes its various sums of currency as "copper/silver/gold", New World does not.

Is there anything tiny enough that won't be complained over?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow. I just saw that New World authenticates stuff client side rather then server side. I knew bots could tell the fish they will catch as soon as the cast lands. But just saw an exploit that makes you invulnerable when you have the game in window mode and drag it around. They have a lot of work to do to combat hacks, exploits, and what not.
    Seems like it's not actually the case, but that it waits for both to resolve. I saw the video, guys health is still basically 0 when he "unpauses" which means all the damage dealt while he was "invulnerable" was actually dealt to him, contradicting what they were pointing out in the earlier video (which seemed more related to lag, which they say it's not).

His example with jumping off the small cliff jives with this as well, he was stopped when he "paused", but still took the appropriate fall damage when his client caught up.

So maybe some wonkiness, but absolutely not proof of client authentication taking precedence over the server, simply waiting for the client to respond to specific trigger events at times (i.e. dying).

Edit: Seems Amazon is aware and is saying they'll ban folks that abused this. Still not a great bug and opens avenues for abuse, but not necessarily as sensational as the dude in the video (and Reddit) seem to make it out to be.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-10-18 at 11:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "This currency specifically not named gold is clearly intended to be gold." And WoW explicitly denotes its various sums of currency as copper/silver/gold", New World does not. Is there anything tiny enough that won't be complained over?
    So a what yellow material are the coins made out of then? The currency of WoW is still coins. It isn't gold copper, silver copper. New World doesn't say they are gold coins but they still picked "yellow" for the icon color and the link is clear. Is it referred to as coin by the game? Yes. Do many players call it gold? Sure and there is nothing wrong with that based on the presentation of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are we seriously arguing over if the currency is called coin or gold? I mean really, who the fuck cares. Call it whatever you want lol.

Back to proper things, 40 mins ago they posted an update on server transfers:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/megath...ad/354334/2172
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2021-10-19 at 01:09 AM.

Video of what you're talking about.

Edit: I guess this also happened. A bunch of people screwed over.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2021-10-19 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Anything. It doesn't matter. You change equipment so fast.
    why even bother replying to me if u have nothing to say -_-
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Barrier? For what? Just give us fatiuge if we swim off to far. One would imagine swimming at the very least would be in a MMORPG made by a big company in 2021. Its just bad, plain bad. Nothing else.
    You do know what a barrier is right? Something to prevent you from traveling in that direction or going that way. There's plenty of water that's JUST deep enough to make you start drowning and JUST wide enough to kill you if you went that direction. So obviously they don't want you just crossing that and want you to go around.

Yes, I get that the design of that barrier and how it plays out is pretty stupid, but it's an effective barrier nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You do know what a barrier is right? Something to prevent you from traveling in that direction or going that way. There's plenty of water that's JUST deep enough to make you start drowning and JUST wide enough to kill you if you went that direction. So obviously they don't want you just crossing that and want you to go around.

Yes, I get that the design of that barrier and how it plays out is pretty stupid, but it's an effective barrier nonetheless.
    As i've said previously it would be much better if they just made us swim very slow at the very least. I understand that its a barrier, but its poor implementation.

But as I also said in a previous post, I dont really care that much about it. Its just stupid and badly solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    why even bother replying to me if u have nothing to say -_-
    I just gave you advice. What?

That is the case; you change equipment very fast while leveling so that a gem makes almost no difference. You could use any gem just as well as another. If you socket a damage conversion gem in an ax at level 25, you will two-shot the mobs just as if you had NO gem in the same ax. The type of damage is more important; slash, thrust, strike, etc. over any gem can make up for. Again, you swap equipment so frequently when below level 55 it really doesn't matter whatsoever.

Sorry if you don't like that advice. I won't answer your questions anymore. No sweat off my brow. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That is the case; you change equipment very fast while leveling so that a gem makes almost no difference. You could use any gem just as well as another.l
    You don't change equipment that fast. For example if you get the faction weapons they will last you for most of your time leveling. Or if you get good stats/effects you won't be switching at all. Any gem also doesn't do just as well as others. If you are a lifestaff build for example your off weapon should always have an amber in it so you can benefit from the scaling off of focus which means you can have competitive DPS with out putting stats outside of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    As i've said previously it would be much better if they just made us swim very slow at the very least. I understand that its a barrier, but its poor implementation.

But as I also said in a previous post, I dont really care that much about it. Its just stupid and badly solved.
    Agreed on all counts.

You don't change equipment that fast. For example if you get the faction weapons they will last you for most of your time leveling. Or if you get good stats/effects you won't be switching at all. Any gem also doesn't do just as well as others. If you are a lifestaff build for example your off weapon should always have an amber in it so you can benefit from the scaling off of focus which means you can have competitive DPS with out putting stats outside of focus.
    I totally disagree. Most of what you are saying is irrelevant as well. This guy asked for gems during leveling PVE with an ax and hatchet specifically- my current build from level 2-60 and a build I ran since beta. Whatever you are doing with a life staff or competitive DPS- that is totally irrelevant to my post and his question about leveling gems and ax/hatchet.

I am certain what I told him is correct regarding ax/hatchet during leveling. You are free to disagree. That is fine. Offer your own advice to his question if you'd like instead of replying to me. It doesn't matter.

Simple review from me.

Cons:
    Falling from mount everest and survive
    Empty content. Fans tell us its sandbox, but this is NOT sandbox. This is empty MMO...
    3 abilities on action bar... cmon. This is ok for a MOBA not a MMO.
    Stale combat
    NO swimming
    NO difference between player skins
    NO mounts
    NO WPVP as they promised. MMO that is about WPVP and 90% players opt out... cmon
    Graphic design looks like two teams were working on it and one of them didn't get the memo...

pros:
    it looks nice most of the time
    At the start gameplay is fun and has potential
    its b2p
    store is kinda fine at the moment

And for the end. ESO, GW2, SWTOR, Wildstar, Rift... all this games were WAAAAY more polished at release and had WAAAAY more content. So no, this game is not even close to the hype it received from some streamers and youtubers. In a year if amazon doesn't scrap it, this game will maybe be solid.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-10-19 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Simple review from me.

Cons:
    Falling from mount everest and survive
    Empty content. Fans tell us its sandbox, but this is NOT sandbox. This is empty MMO...
    3 abilities on action bar... cmon. This is ok for a MOBA not a MMO.
    Stale combat
    NO swimming
    NO difference between player skins
    NO mounts
    NO WPVP as they promised. MMO that is about WPVP and 90% players opt out... cmon
    Graphic design looks like two teams were working on it and one of them didn't get the memo...

pros:
    it looks nice most of the time
    At the start gameplay is fun and has potential
    its b2p
    store is kinda fine at the moment

And for the end. ESO, GW2, SWTOR, Wildstar, Rift... all this games were WAAAAY more polished at release and had WAAAAY more content. So no, this game is not even close to the hype it received from some streamers and youtubers. In a year if amazon doesn't scrap it, this game will maybe be solid.
    I dont know many games that have given me 200 hours of gameplay before even getting to max level so there is a fair amount of content to get through in New World, in GW2 and such you were max level and completed the story in less than half that time and those games you mentioned were not way more polished, all had plenty of their own issues.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I dont know many games that have given me 200 hours of gameplay before even getting to max level so there is a fair amount of content to get through in New World, in GW2 and such you were max level and completed the story in less than half that time and those games you mentioned were not way more polished, all had plenty of their own issues.
    It is 200 hours of repetitive game play. It is great you are enjoying it but lets not pretend that New World offers actual hours of game play here. It is all kill or loot chests. The story that exists isn't that compelling and the zone quests are low in number or don't even line up very well with all the other stories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I really wish people would stop using time as the metric by which they measure a game. Sure, I could watch the same movie 100 times too, but I probably shouldn't say "The Matrix is 200 hours of content."

Granted, a lot of it is just a question of what each person enjoys and that's fine. I'm just saying that a game "taking a long time" isn't inherently a positive thing.
    How else would you like them to compare it though? Time vs price is something people generally use to compare games and see if they are worth that price.

If some single player game gave you 60 hours of gameplay, most people would be praising it.

- - - Updated - - -

And as for it being "repetitive gameplay", if you're enjoying all the hours you're playing, what does it matter?