Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bleh, not interested. This really never needed to be a thing.

The beauty of good anime is that it ages timelessly.

perfect example of why some ideas/concepts just work better as anime and why it wont translate well to real life action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    perfect example of why some ideas/concepts just work better as anime and why it wont translate well to real life action.
    While there has been cases for Netflix or other companies to produce decent live action stuff from cartoons, this doesn't seem like one of them indeed.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    While there has been cases for Netflix or other companies to produce decent live action stuff from cartoons, this doesn't seem like one of them indeed.
    Goblin slayer or rising of the shield hero.

Amazing new anime. Gonna need to throw hundreds of millions at it to make life action even close to the quality of the anime without looking like a high school drama project

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    have any live action remakes actually been good?

id bet good money this is going to be fucking shocking.
    Death Note the Japanese live action movies are pretty darn good the netflix one not so much. Hopefully they learned from that. Not trying to compress 20 plus episodes into a single movie is at least a start.

10+ Year Old Account

Amazing new anime. Gonna need to throw hundreds of millions at it to make life action even close to the quality of the anime without looking like a high school drama project
    I can't not think about the Hobbit when I hear "Goblin Slayer", for some reason..

I think that most animes has a certain style that western production companies tries to "Westernize" when they try this live action shit that just doesn't work. There's also the huge difference between eastern mannerisms compared to western that I think more and more people will realize after the Squid Game bonanza. Try unironically watching that dubbed..
    Hi

Have you actually watched Goblin Slayer? That would be either have to be massively censored or it would never get out of initial planning stages from being canceled. Rising isn't as bad but you would still run into huge issues with the whole evil princess who uses false rape accusations thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I can't not think about the Hobbit when I hear "Goblin Slayer", for some reason..

I think that most animes has a certain style that western production companies tries to "Westernize" when they try this live action shit that just doesn't work. There's also the huge difference between eastern mannerisms compared to western that I think more and more people will realize after the Squid Game bonanza. Try unironically watching that dubbed..
    I tried for 10 minutes then restarted in sub lol dubs really do not work well for live action

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Have you actually watched Goblin Slayer? That would be either have to be massively censored or it would never get out of initial planning stages from being canceled. Rising isn't as bad but you would still run into huge issues with the whole evil princess who uses false rape accusations thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried for 10 minutes then restarted in sub lol dubs really do not work well for live action
    You realise that was part of my point yea?

Some ideas/concepts are better left to pen on paper because quite frankly they are zany as fuck and being cartoon characters it somehow takes the realism out of it so you can explore more creative ideas without risk of being sued because some crazy karens wants to blame a piece of art for her shitty parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I always have to watch shows in their original language, because it's exceedingly rare that dubs get the tone and mannerisms correct or even close. Even if some shows have a more dramatic (or over-the-top dramatic) tone or dialogue, every culture does it differently to some degree, and that nuance matters. When watching the new teaser trailer, I felt like I was watching a bad dub of a foreign film. It's trying to hit the beats, but they come off as either someone reading a script but not understanding/conveying the nuance and subtext... or one could just say, as someone else noted, there's a severe lack of chemistry. Of the main trio, Jet's the only one that kind of comes off in a decent way, while Spike is forgettable and Faye is just annoying.

Comes off as a decent cosplay and amateur trailer, but not something that should've been made with the budget they likely have. Editing choices were pretty interesting, I'll give it that. The Spike flashback was not-so-subtle live-action Deathnote equivalent of "Do you remember apples in the manga/anime?!? Look, here's apples!"... basically just uninspired bait to try to get fans in while completely missing the tone. Fighting styles and choreographing feel a bit off, as well... not necessarily terrible, just off. However, I still stand by my original post addressing my concerns for the show.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, horse shit. Cowboy Bebop was a mashup of a bunch of 70s action movies with some grungy sci-fi thrown in as window dressing. As far as anime goes it's already pretty close to live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Oh, horse shit. Cowboy Bebop was a mashup of a bunch of 70s action movies with some grungy sci-fi thrown in as window dressing. As far as anime goes it's already pretty close to live action.
    Its pretty hard to make bounty hunter in space that listens to jazz music work without bordering on looking like a tim and eric skit.

Agree to disagree and all that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, I'm 100% on board for this.

Where's the corgi?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty hard to make bounty hunter in space that listens to jazz music work without bordering on looking like a tim and eric skit.

Agree to disagree and all that.
    Firefly was basically Westernized Bebop, already. And it's beloved. Same kind of gritty feel. Same crew of ne'er-do-wells on the edge of society. They're both small transports. While there's no jazz, there's a heavy Western (as in the film genre) feel instead And really not even "instead"; there's a reason it's Cowboy Bebop. I really doubt the musical score is what makes the massive difference to audiences, particularly as mostly everyone raves about Bebop's music.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Where's the corgi?
    Red circle added for emphasis.

Ein's in there, even if he's not featured bigly in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Firefly was basically Westernized Bebop, already. And it's beloved. Same kind of gritty feel. Same crew of ne'er-do-wells on the edge of society. They're both small transports. While there's no jazz, there's a heavy Western (as in the film genre) feel instead And really not even "instead"; there's a reason it's Cowboy Bebop. I really doubt the musical score is what makes the massive difference to audiences, particularly as mostly everyone raves about Bebop's music.

Red circle added for emphasis.

Ein's in there, even if he's not featured bigly in the trailer.
    Yeah its not hard to make music work. I mean when you combine it all together, mainly its the concepts that are expensive to do well because they are such grand ideas because you can draw whatever.

Problem with that trailer was how it appears to be shot. Quick cuts and highly stylized. Its hard to pull off and doesnt look like they have here

Where's the corgi?
    Actually visible here and there, though not featured prominently.

I'm scared to see what they will do with Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

They seem to keep putting off releasing any info about her, so they are either going to
    A) Remove her altogether or
    B) Replace her with an adult seasoned hacker with a mysterious past, pink and/or purple hair, countless tattoos, piercings and a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    They seem to keep putting off releasing any info about her, so they are either going to
    A) Remove her altogether or
    B) Replace her with an adult seasoned hacker with a mysterious past, pink and/or purple hair, countless tattoos, piercings and a bad attitude.
    A) is out, since the showrunner has already confirmed Ed is in the show. But we don't really know anything, not even casting (afaik?).

A) is out, since the showrunner has already confirmed Ed is in the show. But we don't really know anything, not even casting (afaik?).
    Still nothing that I can find, and dear god I hope I'm wrong about B) because if I'm even 80% right I would actually just end up wishing they just left her out.

5+ Year Old Account

i checked the trailer, i guess i need to do it again, they shouldn't be hiding the main character..

oh, here he is, like a waddling hot dog bun
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-10-22 at 12:15 AM.

i checked the trailer, i guess i need to do it again, they shouldn't be hiding the main character..

oh, here he is, like a waddling hot dog bun
    Yeah, I will honestly watch the series purely for Ein. Love the cute little bugger. The trailer didn't put me off like it seems to have with some others here, but Ein's a bonus.