10+ Year Old Account
    I've always believed that if an MMO is going to have its focus on PvP and PvE, they should just focus on one and not the other.

Let there be a strictly PvP MMOs, and let there be strictly PvE MMOs. Mixing two design philosophies almost always ends up being a disaster.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They've said they don't have automated bans and that all bans have a human review them. This is a popular narrative any time folks get banned in games.
    So much for that lol

Carrying water for Amazon has to be *tiring* as hell.

I have been loving the game the combat is a blast I love that I can be every class on one character and the crafting and gathering is great. Hell, I even like fishing and I have never fished in WOW. I just hit 38 Last night have been averaging about 1lvl per night playing on off raid nights and after raids in TBCC.

I do enjoy the combat, the graphics, the world, and the gathering and fishing. It has a great foundation for an MMORPG and plays buttery smooth which is amazing for an MMORPG at launch....

but, what will make (or in this case, i think break) new world is it's solo friendly game content. What i mean by that is it's basically just gathering for solo players. The entire game is built around big guilds, big battles, and territory claims. Try being a solo player, and being rejected from the battles multiple times for unknown reasons.. that'll damper your enjoyment big time.

EVERY successful mmorpg from ff14, to wow, to ESO... to even MUDs offer SOLO content, and lots of it. Even if its casual. NW basically says "if you're a solo player, cut down trees and play the economy game but that's pretty much it for your endgame experience. thanks for playing". The casual/solo mmorpg player represents the VAST majority of mmorpg gamers, and telling half of your audience that there's really nothing there for you is a bad recipe for success. granted, it doesn't depend on subs so it escaped that trap but it does need those very same casuals to spend cash on the shop and at this point it's like... why? What content do i have? A house? the economy? That's it?

the big group content is needed, but they lost track of that the vast majority of the game would be solo or in small groups and they've basically left the casual audience out. If you don't want to be in a big clan/guild in NW... you'll always be bottom tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there is a money dupe bug going around and its already destroyed some servers economy more then the game naturally has. People are calling for full server rollbacks and apparently you can get gold from anyone on the server if you are online. So some people are just giving away the cap (500k).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    ngl, got bored of the game quick. :/
    Same. NW is a weird one for me. I had so much fun with it the first 10 or so days, the suddenly my interest just plummeted. Im hardstuck in the 40-45 range atm and cant seem to make progress.

Maybe I should just quit the game for a while and see.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Same. NW is a weird one for me. I had so much fun with it the first 10 or so days, the suddenly my interest just plummeted. Im hardstuck in the 40-45 range atm and cant seem to make progress.

I heard a lot of people hit 30 and just find the game being a super-repetitive grind at that point and quit.

You could make the final push to 60 and grind BIS gear and call it until next patch. I had to force myself 15 years ago in WoW too. I was so close to quitting dozens of times while leveling. Horrible experience. But once you are done you are like, hell yeah it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I heard a lot of people hit 30 and just find the game being a super-repetitive grind at that point and quit.
    yeah I think thats a big issue. I've stopped getting excited for reaching new zones, cause they somewhat look the same and overall its the same stuff done in every zone, fighting the same mobs too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You could make the final push to 60 and grind BIS gear and call it until next patch. I had to force myself 15 years ago in WoW too. I was so close to quitting dozens of times while leveling. Horrible experience. But once you are done you are like, hell yeah it was worth it.
    oh yeah I recall the very same thing with me to in wow all those years ago. I'll do what I did then - keep on playing the game, albeit little. Sooner or later i'll reach max lvl.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Apparently there is a money dupe bug going around and its already destroyed some servers economy more then the game naturally has. People are calling for full server rollbacks and apparently you can get gold from anyone on the server if you are online. So some people are just giving away the cap (500k).
    Yeah because rolling people back to the servers they quit playing because they were waiting to transfer off of is going to save this game.

Honestly New World is just fucked beyond recognition at this point, they should just send it back into Beta and re-release it next year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    if there will be mounts, what would u want from them?

id like additional storage on them, like saddlebags, so i could carry more stuff around

also should they be lvl 60 only or maybe level 10-20 if u can afford? like houses
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah because rolling people back to the servers they quit playing because they were waiting to transfer off of is going to save this game.

Honestly New World is just fucked beyond recognition at this point, they should just send it back into Beta and re-release it next year.
    NW is a clear example of a game that was supposed to be centered around one thing(pvp) and then changed into pvp & pve. Theres alot of weird stuff with the game and I think alot of that comes down to AGC realised they had to make pve content to. When they did, they had to focus alot of attention towards that. As such, several aspects of the game suffered.

At this point its to late, the only thing they can do is to fix issues as they come and provide solid new content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really wish we could get a dungeon finder
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I hit 29 and couldn't do it anymore. I was just doing the same market board quests and faction quests over and over again. There was only 1 dungeon at my level (that requires an expensive tuning orb to do) and world pvp is just a zerg rush.

yeah I think thats a big issue. I've stopped getting excited for reaching new zones, cause they somewhat look the same and overall its the same stuff done in every zone, fighting the same mobs too.
    That's definitely the main problem. Other games are big grinds as well, but the difference is NW has no "break points", which are the point you know if you grind out another level or two then you'll go to a completely different zone/planet and the grind feels like it resets. And you get one of these every 5-10 levels.

Level 30 was exactly when I quit.

New world is a walking simulator.

Man, New Anthem doesn't seem to be going very well. Have they published a roadmap that they will abandon in 3 months yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I hit 29 and couldn't do it anymore. I was just doing the same market board quests and faction quests over and over again. There was only 1 dungeon at my level (that requires an expensive tuning orb to do) and world pvp is just a zerg rush.
    I really do hate dungeons that require a reagent to get inside, it is just a bad system.

Have you looked at the New World discussion forums on steam?

Talk about toxic...

Makes WoW look positively pleasant by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Have you looked at the New World discussion forums on steam?

Talk about toxic...

Makes WoW look positively pleasant by comparison.
    I've found steam communities to be toxic for no reason, just in general.