Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's probably more about crossing the "t's" and dotting the "i's" than anything else though. Make sure all due diligence was done to confirm it's Laundrie.
    If you've already spent who-knows-how-many millions on this case, it would be ridiculous to not verify with DNA. Even if for no other reason than to silence (most of) the conspiracy-theory-minded people.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So does this mean the white girl went missing case is finally over? I am going to be honest it is really strange to me that this case got so big and so national. People go missing pretty often. People get murdered pretty often. But for some reason here it became a story I had to hear about on every local TV network, every national TV network, every internet feed, and even here on MMO Champion. I am not undermining the tragedy but it seems to have... gotten a bit out of control.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's probably more about crossing the "t's" and dotting the "i's" than anything else though. Make sure all due diligence was done to confirm it's Laundrie.
    Agreed - the FBI is nothing if not about following process and procedures. But one of the reasons they do a DNA check after confirming dental records is that dental records are around 80-90% accurate, whereas DNA approaches 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So does this mean the white girl went missing case is finally over? I am going to be honest it is really strange to me that this case got so big and so national. People go missing pretty often. People get murdered pretty often. But for some reason here it became a story I had to hear about on every local TV network, every national TV network, every internet feed, and even here on MMO Champion. I am not undermining the tragedy but it seems to have... gotten a bit out of control.
    Why does it matter what color she was? If anything the case got so much attention:

1. because she was attractive
    2. because he got away

People like you don’t need to play the race card every chance you get.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    One of the outcomes of this case is exactly what you've brought up - white girl missing gets national attention and it's own theme music, while dozens of non-white girls go missing every day, and nothing is reported.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Why does it matter what color she was? If anything the case got so much attention:

1. because she was attractive
    2. because he got away

People like you don’t need to play the race card every chance you get.
    It does matter, because it is a race issue. Plenty of other cases just like this where the missing weren't white and nothing gets done or reported. The "white girl missing" issue is a major racial problem.

People like you don't need to question something they don't bother to look into. You don't need to deny the race card every chance you get.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One of the outcomes of this case is exactly what you've brought up - white girl missing gets national attention and it's own theme music, while dozens of non-white girls go missing every day, and nothing is reported.

- - - Updated - - -

It does matter, because it is a race issue. Plenty of other cases just like this where the missing weren't white and nothing gets done or reported. The "white girl missing" issue is a major racial problem.

People like you don't need to question something they don't bother to look into. You don't need to deny the race card every chance you get.
    Then blame the media. They are the ones sowing division, not choosing to report those cases, but it’s not like the police and FBI aren’t working any less on finding those people.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then blame the media. They are the ones sowing division, not choosing to report those cases, but it’s not like the police and FBI aren’t working any less on finding those people.
    Really? That's interesting - what information are you drawing on to form that conclusion? Could you link it for us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How many times have you seen a non-white kidnapping or something like this hit national news? These stories hit national news from time to time since I was a child, and I can't say I honestly remember any of them not being white. I mean I saw a video the other week about Native American girls that go missing on the regular in South Dakota iirc? Where's the national coverage on that? I don't remember shit all about the case(s) so don't ask. Hopefully somebody here knows what I am referring to.
    More importantly, how many times has a non-white kidnapping gotten this much attention for law enforcement.

Really? That's interesting - what information are you drawing on to form that conclusion? Could you link it for us?

- - - Updated - - -

More importantly, how many times has a non-white kidnapping gotten this much attention for law enforcement.
    Yeah. Any news national news channel. Take your pick. CNN, and ABC for example could make big deals about missing minorities, but they choose not to, so blame them.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-26 at 05:39 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Any news national news channel. Take your pick. CNN, and ABC for example could make big deals about missing minorities, but they choose not to, so blame them.
    That's not an answer at all. Please give us information regarding your initial point, and be sure and show us the specific part that says:
    ...the police and FBI aren’t working any less on finding those people.
    Same amount of time, from both local law enforcement and the FBI - for all those missing non-white girls.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-26 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How many times have you seen a non-white kidnapping or something like this hit national news? These stories hit national news from time to time since I was a child, and I can't say I honestly remember any of them not being white. I mean I saw a video the other week about Native American girls that go missing on the regular in South Dakota iirc? Where's the national coverage on that? I don't remember shit all about the case(s) so don't ask. Hopefully somebody here knows what I am referring to.
    Almost like it's national news when a black man is killed, but ignored when they are the ones doing the killing. Interesting how you and cubby and Themius whats his name care about this yet ignore that.

Fact is certain stories get attention and others won't. Media has 2 goals, pushing an agenda and ratings/clicks. Gotta fit one of those two, if it doesn't, then they don't care to report it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Almost like it's national news when a black man is killed, but ignored when they are the ones doing the killing. Interesting how you and cubby and Themius whats his name care about this yet ignore that.
    Just like most killings by any race are generally ignored. The unarmed black man man being murdered by cops is a HUGE social issue and major problem for this country, which is why it makes national news, as it should.

You are missing the entire point, and your comment above demonstrates that. You mention two entirely different categories and pretend they are the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then blame the media.
    We are, because it is literally a phenomenon describing uneven media coverage. The problem is when we do so, you bitch about it because it contradicts the worldview you've constructed where inequality stopped existing after MLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

That's not an answer at all. Please give us information regarding your initial point, and be sure and show us the specific part that says:

Same amount of time, from both local law enforcement and the FBI - for all those missing non-white girls.
    I’ve watched enough investigation shows like Dateline and the First 48 to tell you that they don’t discriminate investigations based on race. Try again. Especially when half the detectives are black.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve watched enough murder investigation shows like Dateline and the First 48
    Thank you for admitting your knowledge of the subject is entirely based on television media primarily intended for entertainment rather than, you know, statistical fact.

It's very telling.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Thank you for admitting your knowledge of the subject is entirely based on television media primarily intended for entertainment rather than, you know, statistical fact.

It's very telling.
    I've seen enough Law & Order to know how criminal trials work! I've seen enough CSI to know how crime scene investigation works! We just need to use Visual Basic to build a GUI to trace the IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

It's very telling.
    If it was for entertainment they wouldn’t have black victim cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've seen enough Law & Order to know how criminal trials work! I've seen enough CSI to know how crime scene investigation works! We just need to use Visual Basic to build a GUI to trace the IP address.
    Lol at comparing Law and Order to the First 48. It’s very telling.

They're about as accurate as Cops is for how police operate.

In that it's not accurate at all, do some basic googling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolwhat?

They aren’t going to show you every little detail. They have to fit it in a half hour to an hour program. They are real cases though.

10+ Year Old Account

It's pretty funny watching someone try to reconcile "I hate CNN and co. for being sensationalist" with "I base my worldview on equally as if not more sensationalist media that doesn't even try to be somewhat factual".

Brain worms. "Blame the media! Just not the media I watch..."

They aren’t going to show you every little detail. They have to fit it in a half hour to an hour program.
    Wow, it's almost as if there could be nuance or context in those omitted details which are cut out for dramatic effect.

Again; very telling that you base your worldview on cable entertainment programs.