Poll: What would it take for you to come back?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Unhappy If 9.1.5 isn't making you come back, what would?

I know these are some bad times and people are angry, sometimes even rightfully so. But I think we can all agree that we love the game and we don't want it to just die.

9.1.5 is being done with quite a few steps in the right direction, I feel safe in saying that. But I also have to say that 9.1.5 is not enough for me, I won't resub for it, even though I really liked most of what they've done.

So I got curious. A lot of people are into the game "for better or for worse" and haven't even unsubbed. And I'm sure tons of people are coming back for 9.1.5. But what about the last group? What about people who still care about the game, but won't come back for 9.1.5? What would make you come back?

As for me, I really enjoyed the ripcord being pulled so that we can flush the systems' most egregious faults down the drain, and the new customisation options alone were enough to entice me to come back, I really really wanted to resub just to play with them. I'd love for class design to go back to what it was before Legion and their "Your class is your Spec, not your Class" design philosophy, and the end of the mandatory grinds, but ultimately, I figured out that there's just one thing that will actually make me resub:

Cross-faction. Because it doesn't matter that the new customisation options are cool if I can't use them, it doesn't matter if the systems are not so bad anymore, since it makes no difference in a dead faction, it doesn't even matter if the classes become good again, for what's the point when the most difficult part of the game is finding a good group to play with.

I'm not creating this thread for us to yell at Blizzard, but rather for us to talk about what would it take for us to come back to the game. Maybe in the hopes that Blizzard will hear about what people want in some way, and then maybe they can direct their efforts into that direction. I've added the poll so that it can also be quantified in some easy-to-see way, since it's already pretty unlikely Blizzard would hear from this thread in particular, let alone read every post, but numbers are easy to pass through, and all it'd take is a single dev looking at them.

Like, we all know Cross Faction would be good for the game, but for that to be implemented it has to be quantified in some way, and right now we have a lot of folk who just keep trucking through the dead faction, even more folk that simply rerolled horde, and tons that just...left. How many of those who left would come back for cross faction? Would it be enough to warrant the development costs? How many people left over the class changes? How many people would come back from whatever game they switched to if the classes went back to the old design philosophy?

What does Blizzard have to do to get you back? Just you being here says you still care about the game, possibly even hinting that you want to come back. So what's the one big issue keeping you away? The one thing that you won't budge on, your "This is why I'm not resubbing".

As has been mentioned in many others posts, 9.1.5 isn't a content patch, so therefore there's nothing new to do for a lot of people, if you're a heroic/mythic raider who's cleared the content you want to do.

If you want to level alts, or try out a few new builds on your class or farm all the different transmogs, it will give you something to do, but until there's actually new end-game content, it's not worth coming back to (for me anyway). Running the same 8 dungeons and SoD for another 3-4 months just isn't appetising.

The raids are still the same, the dungeons and affixes are still the same, so it's the same as 9.1 with a few improvements to playability. I'll probably come back for 9.2, as I do for most of the content patches. Most of the people I know who are still interested in the game are of the same views.

If they spend time polishing what we have instead of shitting out expansions, they’ll start gaining more of my attention. 9.1.5 is a step in the right direction, but it’s hard to care when they’re going to purposefully (or worse, accidentally) release half finished concepts into the game with the next xpac just to fix them in another .5 patch.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-10-27 at 02:44 PM.

For one thing, how about stop censoring the game, and address the actual problems in their company instead of saying "this is why you can't have nice things" to people who did nothing wrong.

At this point, nothing could realistically make me come back. The setting is ruined, the game is ruined, the company is cringe.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

There is nothing in 9.1.5 that gives me a reason to come back.
    You are able to ignore nearly everything in retail you do not like. Run 4 Throgast get your leggo. And honestly thorgast is not that bad and laughable fast to do, (ok you need your recipe but that is trivial). I ignore dailies... becaus why would i do them? I ignore Pvp. I ignore mythic+ for the most part i only logged in for my mythic raid. Whcih i liked. Ther was much to do much you could ignore nearly all of it.

But blizz managed to make even that not that fun anymore. No intersting theme. Loot is shitty. Mythic has no unique set (you could get the next expansion if you don't raid mythic unlike PvP, god forbid mythic raiders get anything special for doing difficult content), classes have no sets anymore, raid lore doesn't make much sense or is just irrelevant, bosses are... mostly just annoying. To be optimal you had to grind mythic+ because many of the BiS items are from there. Some people even had to do fucking PvP. I lived with it for a while... but i don't think i will come back until they change that to be honest.

And a few bandaids in 9.1.5 won't change anything really that is ACTUALLY bothering me about the game. Sure a few nice changes. But it would not change much while you actually play.

If they respected my time and filled it up with actually fun things, instead of chores.
    I have enough chores to do in my life and I don't need to play an MMO in the free time to get my fix of them

By chore I mean a piece of content that is not very fun to do, but it's mandatory for character progression. Such as running Torghast so many times or being thrown into the Mythic+ mosh pit with everyone else and forced to grind the same dungeons for up to 2 years.

If content is fun to do, players will do it even if it doesn't have any real reward. Troves scenario, Chromie scenario, Mage Towers, Warlock green fire quest etc. Torghast had the potential to be super fun thing, yet they ruined it by making it a requirement to do multiple times every week.

Basically 2/3/4. 9.1.5 is packed full of the convenience features Blizzard typically hold out on giving us until the final patch of an expansion, but it needs to be the norm going forward - no more stupid grinds, no more having to repeat tedious single-player content in order to be the best you can be for the group content in an MMO, and no more arbitrarily hamstringing character progression.

Just give me 36 good playing specs which don't need any of these nonsense systems to make them feel complete & we'll be back playing WoW in no time.

Actual content
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

• Fire the current writers, hire good ones.
    • Get good composers and make the music good again.
    • Compete with FFXIV and release a content patch at least once every 3.5 months and 90% of the content isn't just a raid.
    • Expansions should have at least MoP levels of questing content.
    • Reputations should have actual questlines again, not world quest grinds.
    • Stop removing content. Add all removed content back to the game: Vanilla questlines, MoP and WoD legendary questlines, the Mage Tower (and not as a FOMO timed event), etc.
    • Remove Allied Race grind requirements.
    • More customization options and class skins.
    • Implement player housing.
    • Stop mocking and gaslighting your customers.

I want zones that don't feel cramped and/or annoying with deliberately obstructive geography and mob placement. I want gated flying unlock bullshit deleted from the game. I want to be able to level to max in Chromie time. I want scaling in old content fixed so everything is easily soloable even with trash gear. Above all I just want the game to stop punishing me for trying to play the damn thing.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-10-27 at 03:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's a X.X.5 release. At best, it has about the same lack of things as most X.X.5 releases.

I can understand excitement for the 9.2 release (not for me, but I understand how many would be excited by it), but not an X.X.5 release.

if I walked away from buying a car, simply offering a few more colors and a couple of buttons on the car isn't going to make me reconsider it. I didn't buy the car for far bigger reasons than a few buttons and color options...

Make it an rpg again and not a shallow, transparent retention trap to keep habit forming personalities looking at a screen with a cash shop button feeling they need to upkeep constantly.

The next expansion. Shadowlands is dead for me, there's nothing exciting, even if 9.2 is the best patch ever.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Another Blizzard-deployed thread?

In addition to 9.1.5 changes this changes are minimal mandatory to return me:
    1) Flying in Maw/Korthia.
    2) Buffing Anima income from guaranteed sources, like WQs and dailies. Anima grind shouldn't be just rep grind 2.0. Don't want to do rare/treasure camping/circling.
    3) Overall decrease or even complete removal of forced socialization/competition. Overall decrease of overcrowding. F**k CRZ for example.

This this 3 are MINIMAL changes. Overall direction of development is needed. Players should want to play content, because it's fun - not be forced to do it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

This is like one "all of the above" options.

I am still subbed, but it doesn't mean i am happy with the game. Actually, i want to quit, but i don't want to let people down. I have found it very difficult to find the right time to quit the game. Maybe in the final tier.

I say all of the above cause the next expansion will have to show a change of direction towards rpg and not e-sports. I personally want to see the Tinker class and housing.
    If the next xpac is just more of the same, i will be able to bow down from this awful game.

Btw 9.1.5 has nothing special. I am glad that the aoe cap is getting removed. That is my highlight.
    Sure, you will get a new t6 revamp tint at some point. It's certainly not anything i'm excited about.
    Oh i guess i am getting some new hair colors for my velf hunter. Whoopdy woop!
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-10-27 at 04:55 PM.

Playable nagas would do it for me.

I never unsubbed, what would make me unsub would be if raiding lost the quality that it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    At this point, nothing could realistically make me come back. The setting is ruined, the game is ruined, the company is cringe.
    Yet you continue to comment / follow the game. I don't understand people like you. If its dead to you, then leave it entirely. Seems to me like you still have something for this game regardless of what you say.

why would anyone come back for a 0.5 patch in general?

this sounds like something you should ask about major patches.