Thread: Post Your UI

[QUOTE=CaithUI;53417563]
    I'm weak for that black/grey background. Did you make it?

[message edited by a moderator]
    Last edited by Tercio; 2021-11-19 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaithUI View Post
    It is indeed a great joy playing with all the new possibilitys (hello weak auras^^)
    Still remembering creating all those buttons manually with powerauras...

Well, I worked a lot on my UI today. Can't seemed to reach max level anytime soon. Its just so damn enjoyable. Here is a current screenshot:

www . webhotpix.com/images/f1nb3.jpg
    My fellow UI-creater Aur0r4 did the border (Yulu UI: www . wowinterface.com/downloads/info24789-YuluUI2560x1440.html).
    And then you create a trillion panels and layers with kgpanels ...

It is indeed a great joy playing with all the new possibilitys (hello weak auras^^)
    Still remembering creating all those buttons manually with powerauras...

Well, I worked a lot on my UI today. Can't seemed to reach max level anytime soon. Its just so damn enjoyable. Here is a current screenshot:

www . webhotpix.com/images/f1nb3.jpg
    Hi! Great UI! What font is it?)

I am using two different fonts.

My interface did change a lot last week. here is an update
    Video: www . youtube.com/watch?v=bRiCTeX6Ejo

[message edited by a moderator, reason: clean up]
    Last edited by Tercio; 2021-11-19 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using two different fonts.

For my generel UI: www . file-upload.net/download-14720882/ExpresswayFree.ttf.html
    For the Unitframes: www . file-upload.net/download-14720884/Sansation.ttf.html

My interface did change a lot last week. here is an update

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRiCTeX6Ejo
    Oh, this is really nice Caith.

Last edited by Tercio; 2021-11-19 at 08:14 PM.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Thank you, Timmy. I am getting closer to finalizing it.
    I really dig the square panels. feels like those edges have broken off, but kinda belong together.
    And a much more clear vision without those nice borders ;-)

www . youtube.com/watch?v=LpPg8G5Q4ck

I really dig the square panels. feels like those edges have broken off, but kinda belong together.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpPg8G5Q4ck
    Fixed link!!!

Really well done. It's almost as if those little squares are about to start pulsating.
    This is me for now, Caiths nameplates has me inspired though. https://imgur.com/a/RA3JNyo

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Really well done. It's almost as if those little squares are about to start pulsating.
    Well.. they kinda pulsating now for real ^^

youtu.be/9a1bgIgMiek

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    So im working on this ui, it's inspired by BDO ui and kinda a copy but with a few tweaks.
    Plz ignore the buffs etc for now as thats not done yet, but the ui itself is taking for and needs alittle tweaking.

No combat with party

Combat with party + elite target
    What addon is this on your bottom right corner? Looks like XIV Databar but when I check on Curse there's no more updates since BFA.

Well.. they kinda pulsating now for real ^^

youtu.be/9a1bgIgMiek
    haha, yes! Like that. Nice

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Loving each and every update Caith! Hopefully you have the time to enjoy TBCC aswell!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I am still experimenting with a couple of UI structure layouts. I do like the connectivity from chat, map and actionbar to the edges. i kinda working on that a litte bit more.

as always, here is a screen and a vid for showcase

Vid: ** youtube.com/watch?v=RuLKYby85vQ

Last edited by Tercio; 2021-11-19 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    <snip>
    Love the bar texture, which one is it? Looks like tap3 but brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    So im working on this ui, it's inspired by BDO ui and kinda a copy but with a few tweaks.
    Plz ignore the buffs etc for now as thats not done yet, but the ui itself is taking for and needs alittle tweaking.

No combat with party

Combat with party + elite target
    Wow! really nice job. Looks very clean and crisp. Is that UI something you plan to share? Would defo love to give that one a try! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopTest View Post
    Love the bar texture, which one is it? Looks like tap3 but brighter.
    KMT47 from Kringle's Media Tags

Hi guys could you rate my UI and help me improve it?

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Hi guys could you rate my UI and help me improve it?

I'd say commit to either a modern look, or not.

If you go modern you can get a unit frame addon that replaces the default. Skin the icons so they have clean edges.

Other than that, just try to reduce the clutter and visual noise. That can mean hiding buttons in combat that you can't use in combat., and hiding your main DPS rotation stuff when you aren't in combat.

Also stuff like hiding icons for auras that are permanent. And minimize/hide any information that isn't affecting how you play.. so if an aura/buff/whatever doesn't make you do anything different when it's up or not, then you barely need to know if it's up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    minimize/hide any information that isn't affecting how you play
    This is really good advice, and probably the biggest mistake people make when designing UIs.

The whole point of a good UI is to provide you with the RELEVANT information - if something doesn't actually change anything about your decision-making process, there's no need for it to be prominent; or, in many cases, for it to even be visible at all.

Especially at lower levels of ambition, people tend to vastly overestimate the importance of tiny details. The reality is that in many cases even small things that COULD influence your actions require so much thinking that doing it wrong is a bigger problem than not doing it all; and so unless you're very confident you can do it right, you're actually better off ignoring it than trying to do it right and failing. Don't look to world-first level raiders or professional PvPers - those are people that operate on a different level, and the information they want/can deal with is very different from most other people.

Maximize what's important FOR YOU - make the things that change your decisions prominent and easy to see at a glance. The key is to have information quickly, clearly, when and only when you need it. Anything else is a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is really good advice, and probably the biggest mistake people make when designing UIs.

The whole point of a good UI is to provide you with the RELEVANT information - if something doesn't actually change anything about your decision-making process, there's no need for it to be prominent; or, in many cases, for it to even be visible at all.

Especially at lower levels of ambition, people tend to vastly overestimate the importance of tiny details. The reality is that in many cases even small things that COULD influence your actions require so much thinking that doing it wrong is a bigger problem than not doing it all; and so unless you're very confident you can do it right, you're actually better off ignoring it than trying to do it right and failing. Don't look to world-first level raiders or professional PvPers - those are people that operate on a different level, and the information they want/can deal with is very different from most other people.

Maximize what's important FOR YOU - make the things that change your decisions prominent and easy to see at a glance. The key is to have information quickly, clearly, when and only when you need it. Anything else is a distraction.
    Very well put