Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Season of Mastery Question Regarding Characters

Has Blizzard already announced any plans as to what happens once the season is through? I'm hesitant to play on those servers because I don't want to start over all the time. Are they just gonna wipe the characters at the end of it?

Someone told me that Blizzard plans for us to copy our characters over to the normal servers once the season is over.

Have they already announced anything concrete on the matter?

That's the whole point of "Seasons". Starting over.

That said, they probably will let you have access to the previous season characters, for whatever reason, but they'll be dumped\or remain, on dead realms, since no one will be playing on them, and instead on the next 'season' event.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That's the whole point of "Seasons". Starting over.
    I know, but I don't want to start over, especially every year, that is exactly the opposite of what I want, I just want to play on a server where I'm not the only one playing so season of mastery will really be the only viable option, so if we can somehow at least copy over our characters to normal realms at the end of it, at least my progress won't be wiped constantly

Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    I know, but I don't want to start over, especially every year, that is exactly the opposite of what I want, I just want to play on a server where I'm not the only one playing so season of mastery will really be the only viable option, so if we can somehow at least copy over our characters to normal realms at the end of it, at least my progress won't be wiped constantly
    so you can play alone after it ends? You already have regular servers for that

You probably will be able to, but that won't stop those classic servers from being dead still

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    so you can play alone after it ends? You already have regular servers for that
    I just explained that.

I want to play on a server with enough activity, but I also don't want my progress wiped once a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You probably will be able to, but that won't stop those classic servers from being dead still
    Then I can at least play on the season of mastery server, where there's activity, and keep the characters once the season is over. I don't like to put effort into building up characters just to lose them.

I just explained that.

I want to play on a server with enough activity, but I also don't want my progress wiped once a year.
    Then there's nothing for you

Then there's nothing for you
    What do you mean?

I can play on the season of mastery server, enjoy the community that comes out of that, and then keep the character on the normal server once the season is over.

What do you mean?

I can play on the season of mastery server, enjoy the community that comes out of that, and then keep the character on the normal server once the season is over.
    And play on a dead server because nobody sticks around. If you don't continue playing it.. Why do u even insist on "keeping it"?

This happened before TBC too, all classic servers are dead. People didn't stick around. They seek FRESH

That already exists... Just go play on WoW Classic?

And play on a dead server because nobody sticks around and if you don't continue playing it.. Why do u even insist on "keeping it"?

This happened before TBC too, all classic servers are dead. People didn't stick around. They seek FRESH
    I didn't say I wouldn't play it.

That already exists... Just go play on WoW Classic?
    There is no activity on some of these servers.

I explained myself enough. You two seem to be looking for a fight.

I didn't say I wouldn't play it.

I explained myself enough. You two seem to be looking for a fight.
    But if you don't mind playing on a dead server, there's already dead servers you can go play at....

Besides your last post is just you contradicting yourself

Then play on the ones that are active?

You don't seem to know exactly what you're looking for.

But if you don't mind playing on a dead server, there's already dead servers you can go play at...................
    I would rather play on a dead server, than not at all, because there's still solo stuff I can enjoy. I'm not that much into raiding anyway and dungeons I mainly just do once for the quests.

But I would obviously prefer servers with activity over dead servers, if they are available. Because having other people around is still important in an MMO. Quite honestly, one of the most important things for me is an auction house with activity. If I can get that and some players to do some 5-mans every now and then, I'm mostly fine.

But I don't want to start over all the time. It actually baffles me, that there are people, that like the idea of their progress being wiped in an MMO.

If you want to start over, you can always start a new character.

That should be enough, if you don't get it, I don't see a point in continuing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Then play on the ones that are active?
    All 3 german PvE realms have 0 activity on the Horde side, and even the best english PvP servers I found are still dead. Season of Mastery servers will simply have way more activity. And even my Alliance server, that seems tp be doing pretty well considering classic as a whole is dead right now, is just not really good.

You don't seem to know exactly what you're looking for.
    I know exactly what I want, you are playing dumb on purpose.

I would rather play on a dead server, than not at all, because there's still solo stuff I can enjoy. I'm not that much into raiding anyway and dungeons I mainly just do once for the quests.

But I would obviously prefer servers with activity over dead servers, if they are available. Because having other people around is still important in an MMO. Quite honestly, one of the most important things for me is an auction house with activity. If I can get that and some players to do some 5-mans every now and then, I'm mostly fine.

But I don't want to start over all the time. It actually baffles me, that there are people, that like the idea of their progress being wiped in an MMO.

That should be enough, if you don't get it, I don't see a point in continuing this.

- - - Updated - - -

All 3 german PvE realms have 0 activity on the Horde side, and even the best english PvP servers I found are still dead. Season of Mastery servers will simply have way more activity. And even my Alliance server, that seems tp be doing pretty well considering classic as a whole is dead right now, is just not really good.

There's the original classic for what you want. Even if they make copying the season chars to whatevet server they will still end up on dead servers as no one will continue to play when the next season or tbc season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    There's the original classic for what you want. Even if they make copying the season chars to whatevet server they will still end up on dead servers as no one will continue to play when the next season or tbc season starts.
    This, exactly. But OP seems to be tiptapping around just for the sake of entertaining himself on a saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I don;t think you're grasping what a "Season" actually is.
    I know exactly what a season is. I dislike the concept of a season. I don't want to start over. An MMO is about building something up that lasts, that you can come back to at a later time and continue working on. Starting over every year is exactly what I don't want. That's why I would normally never participate in such game modes. That's why I initially didn't have any interest in those season servers.

But normal servers are dead and I would prefer spending my time on those season servers, because I still want to play with other people.

Yes, if I copy over the character to the normal classic servers at the end of the season, I would still end up on those dead servers, but that's at least better than nothing. That's at least better than spending all of my time on dead servers, or having those characters on the season servers deleted once a year.

I am still unlikely to do this more than once, I won't level up my main every year, but I'll at least take a look at it in the first year, see what the community is like, and then know that all of the effort I have put into my characters will at least not be wiped away at the end of the season.

I mean this really isn't hard to understand. My initial feeling was that you guys were trying to mess with me, but maybe MMO-C has a hard time understanding some things.
    Last edited by orderchaos; 2021-10-30 at 05:08 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem here is that for some crazy reason you want to keep the character. What I fail to understand is why that's relevant when anywhere the character you "keep" will end up on a dead place.

What you fail to understand is that keeping your character is completely irrelevant. If you just want to log in from time to time on a dead server and role play alone then there's already places you can do that.

The whole intent of these season of mastery servers goes against your "keeping your character for whatever reason" purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

I know exactly what a season is. I dislike the concept of a season. I don't want to start over. An MMO is about building something up that lasts, that you can come back to at a later time and continue working on. Starting over every year is exactly what I don't want. That's why I would normally never participate in such game modes. That's why I initially didn't have any interest in those season servers.

But normal servers are dead and I would prefer spending my time on those season servers, because I still want to play with other people.

Yes, if I copy over the character to the normal classic servers at the end of the season, I would still end up on those dead servers, but that's at least better than nothing. That's at least better than spending all of my time on dead servers, or having those characters on the season servers deleted once a year.

I am still unlikely to do this more than once, I won't level up my main every year, but I'll at least take a look at it in the first year, see what the community is like.

I mean this really isn't hard to understand. My initial feeling was that you guys were trying to mess with me, but maybe MMO-C has a hard time understanding some things.
    How about you play on season of mastery and enjoy the experience while it lasts and forget all this insane talk about keeping your character that you will never play again anyway because it will end up on a dead server that you dislike so much?

The problem here is that for some crazy reason you want to keep the character.
    For "some crazy reason" I don't want my character to be deleted, yes.

I think we can just end this here.

- - - Updated - - -

that you will never play again anyway because it will end up on a dead server that you dislike so much?
    Your premise is wrong. Now bye.

For "some crazy reason" I don't want my character to be deleted, yes.

I think we can just end this here.

- - - Updated - - -

Your premise is wrong. Now bye.
    What you want doesn't exist and has never existed.

The permanent classic servers were dead once TBC released. Do you really think that now after all this has already happened it will be any different with SEASONAL SERVERS ? 99% of people that play there don't care that they lose their characters. That's the nature of the whole thing.

You're on the 1% of confused individuals that will inevitably come to this conclusion even if Blizzard allows you to keep the character and migrate it anywhere else. Because it will be just as dead as the current Classic Servers