Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Leonid never was one of the Forsaken, he has been given the option, but never accepted.

All a Forsaken had to do, in order to leave was ask her and subsequently never oppose the Forsaken. "We'll slaughter anyone, who stands in our way." is really not ambiguous what so ever. And tbh given her track record of getting betrayed like all the time trust issues are well justified, even before considering how completely autistically consequentialist undead are.
    Only autist here is Sylvanas. Her constant mix of vicious cruelty and complete lack of good judgement of character makes her trust the untrustworthy, slaughter the innocent and yet always fall for the most basic tricks.

Basically she is a dumb bitch, who had too much power once.

Now she also will be a dumb bitch, crying in Thrall’s jacket in Oribos, begging us to stop Big Bad Bald Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Except for the Horde it really isn't. Unless you are role playing a mindless killing machine that the Horde has unfortunately become.
    There are no two aggrieved parties here. There is only one and I will give you a clue, it isn't the Horde.

The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Ok I will not enter Horde Vs Alliance.
    So for the horde the question is. Why do I have to do an extermination against the people that a while ago we were fighting side by side and I'm going to have to do it right away?

PS: Anyway Blizzard as a horde tells you that you have to hate the Kaldorei and Jaina a lot. He doesn't give you a decent reason but he still tells you.
    Last edited by geco; 2021-11-01 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Only autist here is Sylvanas. Her constant mix of vicious cruelty and complete lack of good judgement of character makes her trust the untrustworthy, slaughter the innocent and yet always fall for the most basic tricks.

Basically she is a dumb bitch, who had too much power once.

Now she also will be a dumb bitch, crying in Thrall’s jacket in Oribos, begging us to stop Big Bad Bald Man.
    You're missing the point entirely. Meta knowledge is worthless, in terms of determining whether a character was right or wrong to do something. As i mentioned undead are generally speaking extreme consequentionalists to a point where they don't even register deontologistic principles. With that in mind her given reasoning was sound enough, for a Christie Golden book, in that she couldn't separate those who pussed out last minute, from those who were truly loyal and even one slipping through could have disasterous consequences down the line.

Even her action all the way up to now are driven by an extremely consequentialist agenda. We just don't know what it is, which is Blizzard's fault, but meh that horse is so beaten it turned to dust.

Besides it's a bit rich, from a Tyrande fan to call any character a dumb bitch given her antics over the years. But hey at least Blizz isn't trying to tell you how intelligent she is, at the same time so it's probably intended xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Ok I will not enter Horde Vs Alliance.
    So for the horde the question is. Why do I have to do an extermination against the people that a while ago we were fighting side by side and I'm going to have to do it right away?

PS: Anyway Blizzard as a horde tells you that you have to hate the Kaldorei and Jaina a lot. He doesn't give you a decent reason but he still tells you.
    Yeah I know for example that they had Rexxar say "Jaina went too far! So i joined the Horde to put a stop to her!" but they never explained what it is she did.
    Welcome to WoW story telling where nothing make sense anywhere or any time.

In the same expansion they had Saurfang lecture Alliance players in the baine rescue about the dazaralor raid but the dude is literally involved in a genocide.
    And by the end of the whole scenario they are all holding hands and watching the sunset.

there is no logic to this story telling. None.
    None whatsoever.

You're missing the point entirely. Meta knowledge is worthless, in terms of determining whether a character was right or wrong to do something. As i mentioned undead are generally speaking extreme consequentionalists to a point where they don't even register deontologistic principles. With that in mind her given reasoning was sound enough, for a Christie Golden book, in that she couldn't separate those who pussed out last minute, from those who were truly loyal and even one slipping through could have disasterous consequences down the line.

Even her action all the way up to now are driven by an extremely consequentialist agenda. We just don't know what it is, which is Blizzard's fault, but meh that horse is so beaten it turned to dust.

Besides it's a bit rich, from a Tyrande fan to call any character a dumb bitch given her antics over the years. But hey at least Blizz isn't trying to tell you how intelligent she is, at the same time so it's probably intended xD
    Tyrande is being worfed hard like the rest of the night elves.

Sylvanas is pretty much carbon copy of some bananaland dictator failing to see past their ego… and paranoia.

Ego when you ally with dudes like Varimathras, Godfrey and Jailer.

Paranoia when you shoot, blight, torture and kill everything on your radar that dosent bow to you.

Again, its not some weird fluke, its literally what happens to irl dictators. Stalin was poisoned by Beria, who he trusted. Meanwhile he had whole country crushed in his iron fist. But he trusted the sleaziest dude in the Party and then died suddenly and the rest of the Partyhad to gang up on Beria and merk before he “accidentally” took power.

See the similarity? Trusted nobody… But one man that couldnt be trusted.

Yeah I know for example that they had Rexxar say "Jaina went too far! So i joined the Horde to put a stop to her!" but they never explained what it is she did.
    Welcome to WoW story telling where nothing make sense anywhere or any time.

In the same expansion they had Saurfang lecture Alliance players in the baine rescue about the dazaralor raid but the dude is literally involved in a genocide.
    And by the end of the whole scenario they are all holding hands and watching the sunset.

there is no logic to this story telling. None.
    None whatsoever.
    I mean, I'm not asking for it to be a good narrative. I only ask that it be logical.

For instance. If we are going to work with Jaina, have Talanji say something about it being a temporary alliance or something like that.
    Don't put Rexar with Jaina in the "peace" cinematic. When Rexar told you that Jaina stepped over the line.

and that is the "easy to solve" problem.

PS: Varock is such a pathetic and unwelcome character that he was wiped off the map. He is one of the few good things about SL.

There is some room for speculation there, as it's not clearly stated, but from what i recall the sequence of events was gathering drifts toward Stromgarde > Sylvanas blows the Horn> the rider comes to tell Sylvanas about Calia > book cuts right away to her having sent the Dark Rangers and the gathering spotting them.
    That is the sequence of events. And before Sylvanas learned about Calia being there she blew the horn to merely test the Forsaken still in the field, after she already realized they were defecting. Which would have been kinda pointless if she wanted to kill them all along.

And the bit about Calia's hood being blown down is completely irrelevant. By that point Sylvanas was already aware of her since one of her Priests recognized her even with the hood up. Her hood being blown down changed absolutely squat.

Thats a bullshit reason that should strip her of any excuses. She has none and she is a tinpot tyrant. Those who came back should have being detained, not killed.
    Except they were defecting. Calia made that clear that all non-Elsie Forsaken still around were defectors. Sylvanas' instinct was right there. Which is why the book has shown any Forsaken returning only after Sylvanas already deployed the Dark Rangers and none immediately after she sounded the horn like they were supposed to, making it clear they were returning simply out of fear, just like she said. And even Elsie, despite being explicitly informed that they were to return immediately upon hearing the horn under pain of severe consequences (twice, the second time upon her own inquiry) still didn't return and instead was merrily arguing with Calia.

And those who left... well she could have killed them, but its still kinda fucked considering how she whinged about "freedom of undead" and supposedly was not running an oppressive regime.
    Except as shown in the starting Forsaken quest, the undead can do whatever they want, not joining the Forsaken included, as long as they don't cross the Forsaken. High ranking officials defecting to a hostile factions engaged in high treason, making that a rather blatant case of crossing the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    That is the sequence of events. And before Sylvanas learned about Calia being there she blew the horn to merely test the Forsaken still in the field, after she already realized they were defecting. Which would have been kinda pointless if she wanted to kill them all along.

And the bit about Calia's hood being blown down is completely irrelevant. By that point Sylvanas was already aware of her since one of her Priests recognized her even with the hood up. Her hood being blown down changed absolutely squat.

Except they were defecting. Calia made that clear that all non-Elsie Forsaken still around were defectors. Sylvanas' instinct was right there. Which is why the book has shown any Forsaken returning only after Sylvanas already deployed the Dark Rangers and none immediately after she sounded the horn like they were supposed to, making it clear they were returning simply out of fear, just like she said. And even Elsie, despite being explicitly informed that they were to return immediately upon hearing the horn under pain of severe consequences (twice, the second time upon her own inquiry) still didn't return and instead was merrily arguing with Calia.

Except as shown in the starting Forsaken quest, the undead can do whatever they want, not joining the Forsaken included, as long as they don't cross the Forsaken. High ranking officials defecting to a hostile factions engaged in high treason, making that a rather blatant case of crossing the Forsaken.
    Mehrunes, in your eyes anything is crossing the forsaken or the Horde. I dont even want to engage in arguing with you because you rather carve a pound of your own flesh and eat it then agree that Horde character was wrong or stupid or too vile/cruel/evil.

Those who were coming back were at least eligible to be arrested and put under investigation. Also they were told to come back with second horn, fair as fair. Those who ran off were breaking the rule so yeah, she could have killed those.

Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    That's kinda the forsaken in a nut shell just like with the "rot brains" in the starting area. they are free to leave but start convincing others to do so to start your own faction? big no no.
    Except that's not what they Rotbrain were doing, nor why they were attacked. They were preparing an attack on Deathknell. Which, you know, is the actual no no for the newly risen regardless of whether they join the Forsaken or not. The Rotbrain were already an organized party before that, yet until then they were outright tagged neutral.

Treason only applies to those actually defecting there were Undead doing every thing sylvanas told them to who were killed as well.
    Except literally none of those who died did what Sylvanas told them to. Again, Calia outright told Elsie that all of the non-Elsie Forsaken still around were defecting in order to convince her to defect as well. And even that aside, none were shown to return immediately after hearing the horn like they were supposed to. We've seen any trying to return after Sylvanas already deployed the Dark Rangers and shit hit the fan.

And Elsie violated that order herself as well. She was arguing with Calia when she heard that horn and the book shows that outright. Yet between the sounding of the horn and Elsie's death Sylvanas chit chatted with Nathanos for a bit, learned about Calia being on the field from one of her returning Priests, pondered on what to do, gave the orders to the Dark Rangers (off-screen) and then the Dark Rangers had to fly from Thoradin's Wall to the Gathering's spot. And yet right before she died she was still arguing with Calia and she died right in front of her.

Unless you want to tell me that Sylvanas talked with Nathanos, the Forsaken Priest and the Dark Rangers telepathically at the speed of light and the Dark Rangers then teleported to the Gathering's place that wasn't immediate by any stretch of the word. And you can't tell me that, because the deployment of the Dark Rangers is shown from the Alliance's perspective and, surprising absolutely no one, they just flew normally.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Except for the Horde it really isn't. Unless you are role playing a mindless killing machine that the Horde has unfortunately become.
    There are no two aggrieved parties here. There is only one and I will give you a clue, it isn't the Horde.

The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Welcome to my signature, unless you object.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin couldn't run fast enough to be a pallbearer and eulogize the Butcher of Ashenvale, and Hordies still claim the writing doesn't favor them.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont even want to engage in arguing with you because you rather carve a pound of your own flesh and eat it then agree that Horde character was wrong or stupid or too vile/cruel/evil.
    A forum feature can help with that. Any more detail and I get a vacation, which says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Except literally none of those who died did what Sylvanas told them to. Again, Calia outright told Elsie that all of the non-Elsie Forsaken still around were defecting in order to convince her to defect as well. And even that aside, none were shown to return immediately after hearing the horn like they were supposed to. We've seen any trying to return after Sylvanas already deployed the Dark Rangers and shit hit the fan.
    Both nathanos's and Anduin's view make it pretty clear they there were forsaken returning Immediately. Anduin's says they were laid out like pins on the map some towards the horde side some towards alliance and Calia and Elsia in the middle before the firing starts. Nanthano's flatly says some where on there way back and was surprised they were shot.

The only Known traitors are the named one's in the group that approached Calia, I think one named guy in the following book, and Elsie for not going back right away. any claim that every one on the field was defecting or that Calia even knew who was and wasn't defecting is flatly not supported by the book and is pure head cannon.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Welcome to my signature, unless you object.

- - - Updated - - -

Anduin couldn't run fast enough to be a pallbearer and eulogize the Butcher of Ashenvale, and Hordies still claim the writing doesn't favor them.

- - - Updated - - -

A forum feature can help with that. Any more detail and I get a vacation, which says a lot.
    Oh the ignore list. Good idea, i actually forgot that it even existed… I mean, i am VERY stubborn and tribalistic, but that dude is a whole another breed. He is the type that will die before admitting his own mistake or mistake of his faction.

Also yes, Saurfang in Baine rescue should have kept his fat mouth shut tight. Worthless green bastard was waddling chest deep in gore and lecturing Alliance on killing a bellicose troll king Llama.

And yeah, kinda the problem with the Horde - they on one hand claim that they didnt wanted to be “evil” but then whine that they were not allowed to be evil enough.

“I didnt wanted to shoot the guy drinking his coffee! I wanted to shoot his pregnant wife and his preschool son! Oh and his dog too. Oh and theeeen the guy should have come after me and THEN i shoot him. Oh and i wanted it to count as self defence since he came for me!”

Mehrunes, in your eyes anything is crossing the forsaken or the Horde. I dont even want to engage in arguing with you because you rather carve a pound of your own flesh and eat it then agree that Horde character was wrong or stupid or too vile/cruel/evil.
    This is just empty blabbering in order to throw shade at me, because you don't have an actual counterargument. High treason is literally crossing the Forsaken, because that's what high treason is for god's sake.

Those who were coming back were at least eligible to be arrested and put under investigation. Also they were told to come back with second horn, fair as fair. Those who ran off were breaking the rule so yeah, she could have killed those.
    Yeah, no. The book mentions the rules of the Gathering multiple times and covers the topic of when the Forsaken were supposed to return on two different occasions. Both of those times it clearly says they were to return immediately after hearing the horn. The only mentions of a second horn signal referred to: 1. the signal initiating the whole thing, which is irrelevant here and 2. the Alliance horn for a sudden end of the Gathering (in which case the Forsaken were to return immediately as well). There were no two separate signals for retreat. There was one and they were to return at once upon hearing it. None were shown to do so, meaning that they all broke that rule. And how the Forsaken punish people suspected for treason is, you know, kinda up to the ruler of the Forsaken.

Make the next warmonger a Pandaren in a red shirt who likes honey and censorship. Have him park Pandaren-style tanks on the Serpent's Spine.

Both nathanos's and Anduin's view make it pretty clear they there were forsaken returning Immediately. Anduin's says they were laid out like pins on the map some towards the horde side some towards alliance and Calia and Elsia in the middle before the firing starts. Nanthano's flatly says some where on there way back and was surprised they were shot.

The only Known traitors are the named one's in the group that approached Calia, I think one named guy in the following book, and Elsie for not going back right away. any claim that every one on the field was defecting or that Calia even knew who was and wasn't defecting is flatly not supported by the book and is pure head cannon.
    The book shifted to Nathanos' view only after the Dark Rangers already started the slaughter, it didn't even happen in the same chapter as the sounding of the horn and all he said was “Some were running back here, to safety”, with no remark about when they started to do so whatsoever. So you have some rather arcane understanding of the phrase "pretty clear". Ditto for the Alliance perspective, where the remark about some Forsaken returning to Thoradin's Wall happened only after the Dark Rangers already departed from there. You know, precisely like I said.

And right after giving the names of the Desolate Council members that were actually named in the book to begin with Calia followed it with "all the others". And even though "all" is obviously an extremely complicated word, after decades of studying English I'm fairly certain that "all" means something along the lines of "everyone" when referring to people.

Speaking of headcanon, that is a direct quote from the book. In which, surprise, surprise, Calia expressed the very knowledge you just denied her having. As with literally every single instance of you trying to accuse me of headcanon while supporting the accusation with absolutely no substance in order to get out of a lost argument, you only shot yourself in the foot. Now do tell me more about dem Rotbrains being attacked for "convincing others to start their own faction"

Finally, while Nathanos was initially surprised, he immediately acknowledged Sylvanas' reasoning with a nod and then discussed the topic matter-of-factly. Yet another mysterious omission that always pops up whenever this topic is discussed.

Tyrande is being worfed hard like the rest of the night elves.
    She has always been somewhere between unhinged, Malfurion's housewife and respected matron. I've never claimed that it's a good thing, but when it comes to a character doing dumb shit Tyrande reigns consistently supreme. Kind of interesting how you can racionalise the faults of everyone else, but it's just the Night Elves, who are getting worked over by Blizzard, in your mind.

Ego when you ally with dudes like Varimathras, Godfrey and Jailer.
    She was also betrayed by Dar'khan, Vereesa and Saurfang, who don't fit your narrative really. At the time of the gathering Vereesa's was still fresh in her mind and was the one that impacted her the hardest by far.

See the similarity? Trusted nobody… But one man that couldnt be trusted.
    These things tend to be a lot more complex irl than simply boiling it down to one of their inner circle betraying them. Matter of principle is that nobody else could even get close generally speaking. A few questionable extras amidst an open defection isn't something, which would even raise an eyebrow historically, if anything it'd be merciful given that their word couldn't be trusted and they would be tortured until they were willing to confess to literally anything.

In the story it's literally stated that there was no way to prove their innocence. So you can pick your poison between guilt by association and caught in crossfire, but result is the same.

She has always been somewhere between unhinged, Malfurion's housewife and respected matron. I've never claimed that it's a good thing, but when it comes to a character doing dumb shit Tyrande reigns consistently supreme. Kind of interesting how you can racionalise the faults of everyone else, but it's just the Night Elves, who are getting worked over by Blizzard, in your mind.

She was also betrayed by Dar'khan, Vereesa and Saurfang, who don't fit your narrative really. At the time of the gathering Vereesa's was still fresh in her mind and was the one that impacted her the hardest by far.

These things tend to be a lot more complex irl than simply boiling it down to one of their inner circle betraying them. Matter of principle is that nobody else could even get close generally speaking. A few questionable extras amidst an open defection isn't something, which would even raise an eyebrow historically, if anything it'd be merciful given that their word couldn't be trusted and they would be tortured until they were willing to confess to literally anything.

In the story it's literally stated that there was no way to prove their innocence. So you can pick your poison between guilt by association and caught in crossfire, but result is the same.
    As others already said, it was more then clear who was and who wasnt defecting. It was not anywhere near some “blasting the crowd” and hitting innocent and guilty alike. It was just killing everybody by pure paranoia, even those would would kiss her boots in loyalty.

Dar’khan was more like Godfrey then like Vereesa. Also Vereesa just wasnt about to become undead, her “betrayal” is just absolutely normal desire to live, she wasnt some treacherous snake betraying Sylvanas, no natter how psycho banshee spins it.

Also she is insane, y’know? Split soul and all. And now she got her soul back! Now she is a good girl.

Good girl Sylvie will be quite upset about her actions. Amazing, isnt it?

So you basically defending actions of someone who even the Almighty Plot deems shizo. Your soul is split too? Shame, shame. But it can be helped.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The book shifted to Nathanos' view only after the Dark Rangers already started the slaughter, it didn't even happen in the same chapter as the sounding of the horn and all he said was “Some were running back here, to safety”, with no remark about when they started to do so whatsoever. So you have some rather arcane understanding of the phrase "pretty clear". Ditto for the Alliance perspective, where the remark about some Forsaken returning to Thoradin's Wall happened only after the Dark Rangers already departed from there. You know, precisely like I said.
    While Nathanos's view does only come in after the dark rangers begin to fire unless you think space and time and bendable the forsaken are already on there way back as anduin points. and yes the dark rangers depart before anduin point's that out exactly one sentence before infact so again unless time is bendable the forsaken were already on the way back.

but lets just skip to using actual quotes from the book because that's faster then going though a back an forth of you being wrong.

Anduin heard the sound of the horn. Baffled, he looked down, trying to
    ascertain what had caused it. As far as he could see, nothing had
    changed from a moment—
    He pressed his lips closed to prevent a groan from escaping. There
    was sudden deep, dull pain inside him.
    “What’s wrong, son?” Genn asked sharply.
    “It is the bell,” Velen said somberly, sadly. Turalyon looked
    confused, but Greymane’s face went hard. He knew about the bell.
    About the warning it meant to his young king.
    “The retreat,” Anduin managed, grimacing as the pain increased.
    “It’s dangerous.” A second pain struck Anduin, different but even more
    devastating to him. For this was not the bone-hurting ache of the
    Divine Bell’s handiwork but the knife-sharp pain of a dream shattering
    before his eyes. With a sick jolt, Anduin saw that the tiny figures who
    had stood at attention on Thoradin’s Wall were now mounted on bats
    and flying toward the field.
    Dark rangers.
    “It’s over,” he whispered, and leaned on the parapet. “Get them to
    safety before it’s too late!”
    On the field below, spread out like markers in the map room, were
    other tiny figures. Some of them were heading back toward Thoradin’s
    Wall. Some were returning to the keep.
    And some still stood in the field as if paralyzed.

The pain wasn’t abating, and Anduin clenched his jaw against it as
    he looked back at the wall. He forced his fisted hands to open and
    lifted the spyglass.
    His mind saw things with a strange, swift clarity, and he
    immediately picked out Archbishop Faol and Calia. The former was
    close to the wall, urging his charges to rush through the gates to safety.
    But Calia stayed in the field, arguing with Elsie Benton. The priestess’s
    hood was down.
    Calia…what are you doing?
    Calia turned away from the Prime Governor, ran forward a few
    paces, cupped her hands around her mouth, and shouted, “Forsaken! I
    am Calia Menethil! Head for the keep!”
    “What is that girl doing?” shouted Genn.
    But Anduin was not listening. His gaze was riveted on the pair of
    women in the field, one human, one Forsaken, and at that moment
    Elsie Benton dropped like a stone with a black-fletched arrow
    protruding from her chest.
    Speaking of headcanon, that is a direct quote from the book. In which, surprise, surprise, Calia expressed the very knowledge you just denied her having.
    as to me denying Calia knowledge lets just go ahead and quote what knowledge she actually had instead so we can skip your head canon.

Calia continued to keep her eyes on the field as she spoke with Elsie. It
    looked as though all those who remained were having positive
    conversations with their loved ones. She heard laughter and saw
    smiles. This is how it should be. The people of Lordaeron haven’t been
    free to be who or what they wish to be. For this moment, they are.
    There was Osric, talking to his friend Tomas. Over there, two sisters
    were reunited. There was Ol’ Emma, whom Calia had healed, looking
    ten years younger as she smiled at her children. And Parqual and
    Philia were coming to join them. They spoke for a few moments; Calia
    was too far away to hear what they said.
    Parqual said something to his daughter, then headed alone toward
    Calia. She felt a flicker of concern; he shouldn’t be approaching her
    like this. No one was supposed to know that she and Parqual knew
    each other. Loudly, he said, “Priestess…may this Forsaken have your
    blessing?”
    “Of course,” she replied.
    He bent his head, whispering to her, “We need you now. It’s time.”
    “Wh-what?”
    “You’ll see. Be ready.”
    Calia steadied herself and called for the Light’s blessing. It came,
    bathing him in its warm, gold-white glow. Parqual grimaced; the Holy
    Light healed Forsaken, but it was not pleasant for them. With a nod of
    appreciation, he turned and rejoined the group. She watched them,
    alert now. For a while, they simply chatted. And then, too casually,
    Philia and Parqual walked away from the Felstones. After a moment,
    the Felstone family, too, began to walk. Slowly and indirectly, so as not
    to attract too much attention, they were moving from the center of the
    field toward Stromgarde Keep.

Saa’ra’s words rushed back to Calia so swiftly that she staggered.
    There are things you must do before that peace will be granted to
    you. Things that you must understand, that you must integrate into
    yourself. People who need your help. What one needs in order to heal
    will always come one’s way, but sometimes it is hard to recognize it.
    Sometimes, the most beautiful and important gifts come wrapped in
    pain and blood.
    Was this the moment she had been thinking of ever since she had
    found her way to the Netherlight Temple and Archbishop Faol? So
    much had fallen into place so perfectly: the Desolate Council, Anduin’s
    noble call for this gathering. And now, spontaneously, human and
    Forsaken had taken a step so courageous that Calia felt both inspired
    and ashamed.
    Yes. Parqual was right.
    It was time.
    She whirled toward Elsie, her hood falling off with her movement.
    “Elsie, there’s something you must know. And I pray to the Light that
    has sent me here this day that you will understand—and support it.”
    She swallowed hard. “Support…me.”
    and that's it. no mention of the rest of the forsaken not even a hint pointing towards her having knowledge of what the none named forsaken were doing.

ah but I her you say "all" means something along the lines of "everyone" so obviously something most point to every one but Elsie moving towards Stromgaurd it's probably just mentioned in a different passage!

oh wait no the book doesn't support that at all and the only other mention is this which doesn't even slightly imply all of them infact it flat says several.

“Something is wrong,” Sylvanas murmured. “But I cannot put my
    finger on precisely what.”
    The priestess had said something to Vellcinda that had the Prime
    Governor agitated. No one else on the field seemed to notice. They
    were too busy taking strolls with their loved ones.
    And that was it.
    “They’re defecting,” Sylvanas snapped.
    Nathanos was instantly alert, scanning the field with his spyglass.
    “Several of them are moving in the direction of Stromgarde Keep,” he
    confirmed, “but that may not be intentional.”
    “Let’s find out,” Sylvanas said. She lifted the horn to her lips and
    blew three long, clear notes.
    now of course you can say Calia is all knowing and when she said all she had knowledge that was denied or us mere outside viewers and the other characters in the setting, or you know just admit the book doesn't support your head cannon.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-11-02 at 01:51 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

now of course you can say Calia is all knowing and when she said all she had knowledge that was denied or us mere outside viewers and the other characters in the setting, or you know just admit the book doesn't support your head cannon.
    The Fact remains the rational assumption the Dark Rangers would have had, based on her earlier comments & combined with her her rather shameless power grab within forsaken society, is that Calia had planned this defection.

Sylvanas has a cold & strategic mind: Serving her is voluntary, but threatening her power? That's something that cannot be allowed. And she's no different from the other leaders in this way.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Make the next warmonger a Pandaren in a red shirt who likes honey and censorship. Have him park Pandaren-style tanks on the Serpent's Spine.
    China censored Winnie The Pooh jokes, so we can't even dream about evil bear dude, so maybe just make Baine go apeshit cannibal.

11.0 Revenge of Hornless
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.