Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

The gods are 3d printed? (9.2)

On the official forums, I keep seeing people complain that the reveal of 9.2 showed that gods like Elune and An'she were simply 3d printed by the first ones using some magic machine. Someone said at least this proves An'she exists in the WoW universe. Since I'm not subscribed, I can't ask for clarification, but it has something to do with Zereth Mortis. I searched the net, but only kept getting results for '3d print you favorite WoW characters!'.

I'm sorry if this is something that was misunderstood.

it was implied, but not outright confirmed, in the developer preview that the First Ones may have made everything. at very least they made all of the Automata that make all of the afterlives (and possible the living realm as well but that's unclear)
    how much they made outside of the Shadowlands is a bit confusing, we know there's a strong link between the living and dead realms but we don't know the details. we can only hope that blizzard do

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    On the official forums, I keep seeing people complain that the reveal of 9.2 showed that gods like Elune and An'she were simply 3d printed by the first ones using some magic machine. Someone said at least this proves An'she exists in the WoW universe. Since I'm not subscribed, I can't ask for clarification, but it has something to do with Zereth Mortis. I searched the net, but only kept getting results for '3d print you favorite WoW characters!'.

Well, technically everything is...

The elemental plains, the emerald dream, old gods themselves etc.
    We are dealing with a fantasy setting where powerful beings can create other beings out of thin air using whatever magic source they have, and then those lesser beings might create even lesser beings and it goes on and on.

Watching the reveal video Zereth Mortis seems to be specifically creating Afterlives (so the Shadowlands and its realms) and it seems its denizens, so beings of Death.
    Most likely there is a Zereth X for all cosmic forces in this case. As Mortis is latin for Death just replace the word with latin words of life/order/chaos/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it was implied, but not outright confirmed, in the developer preview that the First Ones may have made everything. at very least they made all of the Automata that make all of the afterlives (and possible the living realm as well but that's unclear)
    how much they made outside of the Shadowlands is a bit confusing, we know there's a strong link between the living and dead realms but we don't know the details. we can only hope that blizzard do
    The First Ones are genuinely retarded if they made *ALL* the forces. Why would they make the Void Lords and the Demons that seek to consume everything else?

It's like building two robots, except that one robot is programmed to kill the other one and burn down your entire house and laboratory, it doesn't make sense at all.

No, it can't be. I'm sure they'll reveal in the inevitable Light and Void expansion that the Void Lords and the Naaru (or whoever are the true Light Gods) have always existed (it was speculated in Legion that the Naaru were created by Elune, based on the Tears of Elune unlocking Xe'ra's core, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if this was retconned). They don't look designed by the First Ones one bit, and indeed they often threatened the Shadowlands (First Ones' creation). Same thing for the demons of the Legion, who were at war with the armies of Maldraxxus.

While I can buy that the Titans, Life, and Death are all made by the First Ones, since they are all allied in one way or another. Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream are two sides of the same cycle of death and rebirth, with the Winter Queen and Elune being sisters; and the Titans are very clearly mechanically-inspired, so it makes sense if they were literally machines built by the First Ones.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-13 at 10:53 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The First Ones are genuinely retarded if they made *ALL* the forces. Why would they make the Void Lords and the Demons that seek to consume everything else?

It's like building two robots, except that one robot is programmed to kill the other one and burn down your entire house and laboratory, it doesn't make sense at all.

No, it can't be. I'm sure they'll reveal in the inevitable Light and Void expansion that the Void Lords and the Naaru (or whoever are the true Light Gods) have always existed. They don't look designed by the First Ones one bit, and indeed they often threatened the Shadowlands (First Ones' creation). Same thing for the demons of the Legion, who were at war with the armies of Maldraxxus.

While I can buy that the Titans, Life, and Death are all made by the First Ones, since they are all allied in one way or another. Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream are two sides of the same coin, with the Winter Queen and Elune being sisters, and the Titans are very clearly mechanically-inspired, so it makes sense if they were literally machines built by the First Ones.
    Nature and Light also aims to consume everything if left unchecked.

It should be pretty clear that the cosmic forces were ordered by the First Ones to be in cycles.
    There is no life without death. No order without chaos. No light without shadow (void).

Everything is a cycle. I think even the latest broker book said this. It's only that life and death is like the most important one (to that broker anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    Ah, I see. I was picturing the first ones feeding info into a machine and getting Elune. Maybe not quite what the developers envisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

In specific, one of the wings of the new Sepulcher raid is a place that is "constantly making things" and one of the fights there is fighting against a prototype version of the Eternal Ones, indicating that the Eternal Ones were, at least as prototypes, fabricated.

Really this isn't all that mind blowing, since the Titans were able to forge Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Nature and Light also aims to consume everything if left unchecked.

It should be pretty clear that the cosmic forces were ordered by the First Ones to be in cycles.
    There is no life without death. No order without chaos. No light without shadow (void).

Everything is a cycle. I think even the latest broker book said this. It's only that life and death is like the most important one (to that broker anyways).
    The Broker is a creation of the First Ones and thus its opinion is instantly dismissed as biased and partial. Of course an automaton of the First Ones would think that these creatures made everything.

The fact is that there are at least 3 Cosmic forces that do not seek to uphold any cycle; instead, they seek to destroy and consume everything in their own way.

The Light seeks to "purify" everything (based on the visions the Prime Naaru showed Yrel), the Demons have always been a force of destruction, and the Void Lords obviously want to consume all of Reality.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Presumably at least one of them was a bad dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Presumably at least one of them was a bad dude.
    Ah, I see, they are recycling the Xel'naga from Starcraft

The Broker is a creation of the First Ones and thus its opinion is instantly dismissed as biased and partial. Of course an automaton of the First Ones would think that these creatures made everything.

The fact is that there are at least 3 Cosmic forces that do not seek to uphold any cycle; instead, they seek to destroy and consume everything in their own way.

The Light seeks to "purify" everything (based on the visions the Prime Naaru showed Yrel), the Demons have always been a force of destruction, and the Void Lords obviously want to consume all of Reality.
    This isn't accurate. The Light and Void are also in a balanced cycle, it just isn't a friendly "let's work together" cycle, but a constant ebb and flow pushing between them. By design they are balanced against each other. Chaos likewise exists to balance out order.

Ah, I see, they are recycling the Xel'naga from Starcraft
    Actually they are recycling the Titans. At least that's how I'm viewing it, a godly force responsible for creation and order.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This isn't accurate. The Light and Void are also in a balanced cycle, it just isn't a friendly "let's work together" cycle, but a constant ebb and flow pushing between them. By design they are balanced against each other. Chaos likewise exists to balance out order.
    False, what you say defies the Canonical Chronicles.

It is explicitly stated in the Chronicles Volume 1 that the Void Lords seek to consume everything in the physical universe; thus they do not care about upholding any cycle.
    The Void Lords are monstrous entities composed of pure shadow energy. These beings are cruel and merciless beyond mortal comprehension. Driven by insatiable hunger, the Void Lords seek to devour all matter and energy in the physical universe.
    Thus, there is clearly at least one Cosmic force, the Void Lords, that seeks to devour everything. A cycle cannot be upheld if everything is devoured.

And since the Void Lords are driven by insatiable hunger, they would not uphold any kind of cycle; as that would mean that their hunger would not be sated, due to the restrictions imposed by said cycle.

Titans > One random Broker in terms of reliability. The Titans have defended and observed the Cosmos for millennia and are clearly Divine in nature, while this Broker creature is just a glorified automaton.

It is also clear that the Naaru don't care about upholding any cycle either, as it can be read from the "Sermon of the High Exarch" that the Naaru showed Yrel a vision of the Army of the Light "marching across countless worlds":

The Light Mother has blessed me with visions. I know that one day the Army of the Light will march across the Great Dark Beyond and bring order to countless worlds.
    Which means that the Naaru in reality also seek to become the dominant force in the Cosmos, like the Janitor is trying to do; and thus they defy any kind of cycle that the First Ones might have set up.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-13 at 11:17 PM.

Why invest time in such a bad fanfiction as Shadowlands? None of the lore makes sense or is meaningfull. Ignore it, even time / dimensional traveling Orcs make more sense than this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Why invest time in such a bad fanfiction as Shadowlands? None of the lore makes sense or is meaningfull. Ignore it, even time / dimensional traveling Orcs make more sense than this shit.
    Except it does make sense, if you chose to not understand thats on you and well the OP wanted an answer to a question.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they just made stuff and things worked their way to the various forces? Like how a Titan, of Order, was the leader/founder of the Burning Legion? Or how Blood Elves became void elves? Maybe things got corrupted like the "curse of flesh" for titan creations?

Obviously things can exist prior to the eternal ones since the eternal ones exist in the first place. Something created them. So it is likely that the cosmic forces existed in some fashion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Maybe they just made stuff and things worked their way to the various forces? Like how a Titan, of Order, was the leader/founder of the Burning Legion? Or how Blood Elves became void elves? Maybe things got corrupted like the "curse of flesh" for titan creations?

Obviously things can exist prior to the eternal ones since the eternal ones exist in the first place. Something created them. So it is likely that the cosmic forces existed in some fashion.
    So what you're saying is that the First Ones were actually created by the Before Ones?

It's possible

False, what you say defies the Canonical Chronicles.

It is explicitly stated in the Chronicles Volume 1 that the Void Lords seek to consume everything in the physical universe; thus they do not care about upholding any cycle.

Thus, there is clearly at least one Cosmic force, the Void Lords, that seeks to devour everything. A cycle cannot be upheld if everything is devoured.

And since the Void Lords are driven by insatiable hunger, they would not uphold any kind of cycle; as that would mean that their hunger would not be sated, due to the restrictions imposed by said cycle.

Titans > One random Broker in terms of reliability. The Titans have defended and observed the Cosmos for millennia and are clearly Divine in nature, while this Broker creature is just a glorified automaton.
    It isn't false because that isn't what I said. I didn't say that the Void Lords are trying to uphold a cycle. What I said is that the Light and Void are in a balanced cycle by design. What the Void Lords want is completely irrelevant. The Titans want to completely order the Universe, Life wants to completely overrun it. Their individual desires are unimportant because the entire system is designed as a balance.

The Void wants to consume and the Light wants to create and the two have been in eternal, endless tug of war since the very beginning of the universe when they are made. They are a perfectly balanced cycle, just one held there by conflict instead of working together.

A suspension bridge is held up by the mid cables being pulled in opposite directions on either end. They are constantly trying to go in either direction, the support on one side want the cable to go one way and the one on the other side wants it to go the other way. That doesn't make the engineers who made the bridge "genuinely retarded" for designing a bridge where the support wants to pull sideways--it wants to pull sideways on purpose because the other support is pulling the other direction to balance it out.

The Void and Light were designed to hold each other in balance. ""insatiable hunger"" is exactly what you use to counteract boundless energy flooding across existence. Just like shifting opportunities and half-truths confusing the way (the Void's values) is how you counteract a single, unwavering truth (the Light's).

15+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that the First Ones were actually created by the Before Ones? It's possible
    Sure. Or maybe they spawned from the cosmic forces and didn't create everything. Or maybe they were Titans that got so powerful they ascended to something else. That is the point of new lore. We just don't know where it will go.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Good and bad are two sides of the same coin. You can not have one without the other. When you create something, you automatically create its opposite. (Light/ no light (dark), hot/ no heat (cold), good/ no good (bad).

Also, we know those creatures as "bad" from our viewpoint of denizens of Azeroth, who knows if elsewhere in the cosmos they might serve some important purpose that we are unaware of?