Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Am I dumb, or can you not select your playlist...?

Like, where's the option for Slayer only, and not have 3 Oddball games in a row
    Nope, you currently can't choose specific game modes. Big problem when challenges call for a specific mode that won't come up due to bad luck. Which is silly cause the whole point of those kinds of challenges is to encourage people to play those game modes.

Figured out one issue that tanks performance.

For whatever reason I can be in a match and get a solid 50-60fps 1080p/high settings. If I tab out for any reason and tab back in good luck getting above 20FPS. I had to completely relaunch the game to fix this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Gotta say, I love it when we have a game launching with multiplayer, but campaign coming at later date.
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Nope, you currently can't choose specific game modes. Big problem when challenges call for a specific mode that won't come up due to bad luck. Which is silly cause the whole point of those kinds of challenges is to encourage people to play those game modes.
    I think they need to fix the XP system being only tied to Challenges.

However, I don't want them to implement a way to select a specific game type. While this isn't at the face of it customer focused--if you've played any other Halo games in the past you will know with the amount of game types available--if they split them all up then that also splits up all the players which makes matchmaking not only slower but worse as well.

I think a good compromise would be to create gametype playlists that bundle like 3 gametypes together so that way it narrows your choice while not narrowing it too much that it affects playlist population and match making.

They need to get rid of game mode specific challenges and allow you to earn xp through match completion because it sucks when you win a match but make zero progress towards your BP level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I guess I'll just wait for them to patch that then.

Good release, literally removing the most basic matchmaking option.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    To be honest the performamce seems a bit weak on, PC. This seems to not run as good as it should in my 3070. No option to go beyond 60 fps too.
    On my 3070, in 1440p setting everything at High consistently keeps me above 60 FPS- but sometimes just barely, which doesn't feel quite right. Sure it's a pretty game but it's not that pretty nor visually busy. Then again I don't think the latest Nvidia drivers are ready for it.

Aside from meh performance, it's been decently fun. The game feels far, far less floaty than previous Halos, the weapons feel good across the board (hammer is a standout), and the default grappling hook is a good idea as well. The leveling system purely sucks but I won't play this often enough to overly care about cosmetics.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the multiplayer like? especially on pc. havent played any halo games in MP. is it close to destiny or smth else? might try it out since its f2p
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Multiplayer launched today and so far it's pretty fun. The biggest issue is the battle pass, it takes way too long to level the darn thing and you have almost no customization options without it. The good news is it doesn't expire but I hope they adjust it a bit.
    Well it is free to play so it makes sense, my guess is you will get free stuff for having gamepass and or purchase the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what is the multiplayer like? especially on pc. havent played any halo games in MP. is it close to destiny or smth else? might try it out since its f2p
    It is very similar to Destiny honestly, that same gameplay vibe but feels like Halo 3 Multiplayer with more stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Destiny for its movement, you probably won't enjoy Infinite MP. If you like Destiny for its gun play then they are pretty close. The nade spam in arena is pretty brutal, but thats how Halo has always been.

Battle pass changes incoming: https://kotaku.com/halo-infinite-imp...-bo-1848081712

• A new Daily Challenge automatically awarding 100 XP for completing the first match of the day.
    • Some of the more annoying Weekly Challenges will be removed.
    • Others will have their difficulty dialed back so players can complete them faster.
    • Double XP boosters will now last for an hour instead of just 30 minutes.
    • This week’s current Ultimate Reward, the Sigil Mark VII Visor, will be given away to everyone for free between Nov 23 - Nov 30.

Good first step but they could still stand to add incentives for actually winning the match. Right now people tend to just focus on the challenges since actually winning doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to give exp for medals and winning. I have a feeling people are just gonna afk in matches now for exp. At least they have shown they are listening. Getting fixes 3 days after it dropping is great. Also read this reddit post by a dev explaining why objective wielding isn't a one hit kill.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/commen..._flag/hkwyz7h/
    Last edited by Vetali; 2021-11-19 at 02:54 AM.

The game just needs more incentives to keep players interested. Say what you will about Call of Duty but that game knows how to keep you playing.

I watched some friends play the multiplayer, with most of them having everything set to highest settings, and i'm wondering, why does the game look so bad? It looks like a remaster of Reach, not a new game with new assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    On my 3070, in 1440p setting everything at High consistently keeps me above 60 FPS- but sometimes just barely, which doesn't feel quite right. Sure it's a pretty game but it's not that pretty nor visually busy. Then again I don't think the latest Nvidia drivers are ready for it.

Aside from meh performance, it's been decently fun. The game feels far, far less floaty than previous Halos, the weapons feel good across the board (hammer is a standout), and the default grappling hook is a good idea as well. The leveling system purely sucks but I won't play this often enough to overly care about cosmetics.
    Well what CPU do you use? The way I see it that to ensure a stable framerate you are much more CPU depended then GPU really. Most of the work in gaming is done by the GPU but the cherry on top is the CPU performance like with the Xbox Series S vs the Xbox One X.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well what CPU do you use? The way I see it that to ensure a stable framerate you are much more CPU depended then GPU really. Most of the work in gaming is done by the GPU but the cherry on top is the CPU performance like with the Xbox Series S vs the Xbox One X.
    r7 5800x my CPU barelly gets used by the game. Still seems like the performance is ass compared to how busy this game even is.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    No option to go beyond 60 fps too.
    Umm, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Umm, there is.

It doesent let me. Kinda want to play 144hz, must be something wrong with my setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the energy sword in multiplayer?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

is the energy sword in multiplayer?
    I've seen it once at the end of a match but never actually found it myself.