Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    snip
    Oh no! How dare they!

What an absolutely asinine thread.

Fanboys gonna fanboy. Never change, MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    lmao how is that "crazy"

The whole point is to normalize boosting, because it generates profits for Acti-Blizz. Of course Blizz employes would be encouraged to boost and speak positively about it, and to not talk shit about it either.
    Ybarra is in a cutting edge guild doing cutting edge things. Why is that surprising? At least he actually plays the game at a hardcore level.

I am shocked this thread isn't closed MMo Champion mods make sure to close ALL threads that view blizzard in a negative light and it's why I stopped coming here. Only came here to see the news on the new store items that I am sure 80% of the forum will buy. Either way, in before thread locked.

It's not about "fanboying" it's that I have issues with the crux of your complaint, especially if you actually put things in context. A super boostee (someone who religiously buys boosts), is probably 0.1% of the player base on your server when you actually look at how much it costs ($100 to $400 every week).

If your server has ~3k active raiders, roughly 3 are super boosting (boosting to the point where they'd have a lot of BiS gear).

For the average grey parser, they're getting a few items or AotC, and that's about it. If someone having AotC because they could buy it with gold bothers you, you'd need to find another community of players that is against players helping other players for in game currency.

If you can find that, please report back the game and let us know all about it because players trading other players for services is common throughout almost all gaming.

In retail, remove the WoW token or artificially deflate the price to bring it closer to a reasonable amount of gold someone could earn in-game.
    that would lead to only one thing - increase in gold sold by third parties, boosting would be virtualy unafected...

I think the point is that Blizzard is 100% pro boosting because at the end it lines their pockets. The WoW token basically took the illegal gold selling market and legalized it, for Blizzard.

So OF COURSE they are gonna be pro boosting. Water is Wet.

I wouldn’t play tbc if not for gdkp runs

lmao how is that "crazy"

The whole point is to normalize boosting, because it generates profits for Acti-Blizz. Of course Blizz employes would be encouraged to boost and speak positively about it, and to not talk shit about it either.
    There is nothing to "normalize". Boosting and/or providing other services has always been allowed by Blizzard, as long as you "expressed your gratitude"/paid with gold/other goods or in-game services.

I can understand why people don't like boosting, but it is completely incomprehensible to me that people think/pretend to think that boosting/helping is or has ever been "illegal" within Blizzard's own rules.

In classic, do better about botters, multiboxers and the like. I have already seen and reported multiple multiboxers in season of mastery.

In retail, remove the WoW token or artificially deflate the price to bring it closer to a reasonable amount of gold someone could earn in-game. £17 for over 300k? For my job, which is a pretty modest job, that's barely 2 hours work. In-game, it would take me a hell of a lot longer to earn 300k. Of course I'd get the token instead. Reverse this dynamic.

Sure, you'd still have boosting, but at least all the kids running around with curve will have done SOMETHING to earn it rather than just swipe...
    This is the part where you are either idealistic or naive. Ethically I agree with you, but come one, why would Blizz would ever WANT to make less money out of people? This is a corporation, profit is what matters the most for them. Corporations aren't your friends, and the only morals they hold are the ones that make them more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I wouldn’t play tbc if not for gdkp runs
    Exactly! If I don't get loot from a raid then I get compensated with gold. If I get loot then I compensate others for their time and effort. Mutual benefit!
    Everybody wins, except guilds with abusive GM's and their sycophantic butt-kisser friends.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    There is nothing to "normalize". Boosting and/or providing other services has always been allowed by Blizzard, as long as you "expressed your gratitude"/paid with gold/other goods or in-game services.

I can understand why people don't like boosting, but it is completely incomprehensible to me that people think/pretend to think that boosting/helping is or has ever been "illegal" within Blizzard's own rules.
    Normalize in the sense of being seen as something part of the genre. There are many people vocal about their dislike about boosting and how it affects the game, Acti-Blizz's goal is to eventually drown those opinions. It's not about the legality of boosting, but about the optics of it.

This is the part where you are either idealistic or naive. Ethically I agree with you, but come one, why would Blizz would ever WANT to make less money out of people? This is a corporation, profit is what matters the most for them. Corporations aren't your friends, and the only morals they hold are the ones that make them more money.
    OP's real problem, especially with him wanting to deflate the price of the WoW token, is that 80% of the gold in WoW is owned by 20% of the player base. Since 20% have huge gold reserves, spending it on the WoW token, even if the WoW token is overpriced, doesn't matter because they already have so much gold.

The WoW token is only so gold expensive because of the wealth inequality that's inherent in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by User517849 View Post
    OP's real problem, especially with him wanting to deflate the price of the WoW token, is that 80% of the gold in WoW is owned by 20% of the player base. Since 20% have huge gold reserves, spending it on the WoW token, even if the WoW token is overpriced, doesn't matter because they already have so much gold.

The WoW token is only so gold expensive because of the wealth inequality that's inherent in WoW.
    Capitalism is society's problem even in WoW kekw

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    When compared to Blizzard's cyclical revenue from subscriptions and box sales, the token is a drop in the bucket. This isn't nearly as huge of a concern as people on internet forums repeatedly make it out to be.
    Is this a fact that you can provide proof on? According to their last earnings report, subscriptions make up less than 10% of their revenue. What information did you see that says the opposite that you're arguing? Because in the other thread I called you out for making up lies to back up your arguments, which you denied, so heres your opportunity to prove me wrong. Provide some evidence that shows you're right and Blizzard just lied on their earnings report.
    Last edited by OrangeJuice; 2021-11-22 at 08:30 PM.

I suggested in LookingForGroup only a few days before I quit WoW that the game was p2w since the introduction of tokens. I was laughed out of the chat. They don't have a clue.
    ofc you were laughed at, depending on your opinion what p2w is its either not p2w, or it was LOONG before token, token changed nothing
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-11-22 at 08:39 PM.

Normalize in the sense of being seen as something part of the genre. There are many people vocal about their dislike about boosting and how it affects the game, Acti-Blizz's goal is to eventually drown those opinions. It's not about the legality of boosting, but about the optics of it.
    But is has always been part of the genre. Not only in WoW, but in all multiplayer games.
    And the only ones "affected" by boosting are those that get jealous about mediocre people paying good players for carrying them through content that has become trivial for those good players.

I, as an average player, still do my M+ and raiding as always and don't feel anything different about the game.
    And the only thing that limits how high I can go are my in-game skills and my social skills, just as it always have been in WoW and any other multiplayer game.

People should spend less time being jealous of those players that have the skill/experience to carry bad players and being jealous about those sad people that pay other people to carry them through content.
    People should spend their time on finding like-minded people in-game and do the stuff themselves.

Kind of makes sense when you consider they pay their employees slave wages.

First Mike Ybarra gloats about raid boosting in retail, and now lead WoW Classic dev Brian Birmingham admits to doing GDKP runs with his guild and enjoying it.

We are all aware that Blizzard profits from boosting via wow tokens, but it genuinely never occurred to me that key figures in Blizzard were actually just...also boosters. I wonder if any of them engage in RMT on the sly?

(I can't post the source because I haven't posted much - but its in an interview posted on Wowhead.)
    really dumb take,you cant ban boosting and never should,helping other players for a price is a core aspect of an mmo,you couldnt even enforce it if you tried,how do you prove it reliably?its just a dumb idea

also whats wrong with buying tokens for it? the token is amazing,i was able to buy everything in the shop and many blizzard games just with gold...MY GOLD,zero $ used

my guild has been drowing in gold,we never buy gold with tokens,i think you just need to start getting gud maybe?

The amount of posts saying I have called for, suggested, implied a need for banning boosts...some serious reading comprehension is lacking from this thread.

Boosting is more prevalent BECAUSE of wow tokens and RMT - sorry, but this is a fact. I don't know anyone irl who has bought a token with gold - I know plenty that have bought one with money.

Lead devs and PRESIDENTS OF BLIZZARD vocally advocating boosting advertises it to their whole playerbase, furthering RMT and token sales. It's that simple.

Meanwhile, you always see a 10/1 ratio of WTS Sanctum vs LFM Sanctum in LFG.

But the game isn't pay to win and boosting isn't a problem...Right?
    Last edited by MKGulantik; 2021-11-22 at 08:41 PM.