Great Axe changes not so great.

Crafting changes are kinda nice though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decided to stop playing as well, these changes they're implementing make absolutely no sense. Had fun for my €40 but time to find something else. I hope for those that stick it out that the devs realise the systems and changes they're implementing or implemented are bonkers dumb, and fix it.

https://forums.newworld.com/t/new-se...of-gold/626562

Y'all, New World is top quality performance art.

OP creates a threat to complain about a RMT gold seller that apparently is operating on 13 servers and has discovered a new dupe. Why does OP care? Because OP is themselves, a RMT gold seller, but an "honest" RMT gold seller that doesn't dupe gold, and they're upset that the RMT market has gone to shit over this latest dupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://forums.newworld.com/t/new-se...of-gold/626562

Y'all, New World is top quality performance art.

OP creates a threat to complain about a RMT gold seller that apparently is operating on 13 servers and has discovered a new dupe. Why does OP care? Because OP is themselves, a RMT gold seller, but an "honest" RMT gold seller that doesn't dupe gold, and they're upset that the RMT market has gone to shit over this latest dupe.
    The economy is so wrecked I don't think it is recoverable for a good long time. I was still having fun in the game but at the point where I am farming for rent and whatnot- I was like, nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too good to be true.

Hm. Looks as they are taking in the feedback about the new Expertise and HWM systems.

https://forums.newworld.com/t/dev-bl...pdate/619609/5

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. Looks as they are taking in the feedback about the new Expertise and HWM systems.

https://forums.newworld.com/t/dev-bl...pdate/619609/5
    That they thought the initial changes were "good" to begin with is still worrying to me, because they were pretty transparently awful, but at least they listened.

They actually said they were wrong lol.

When these changes are implemented, Gear Score scaling will only apply to items sold or traded after that patch. So any items obtained prior to this patch will not be impacted or reduced in any way. When we thought about it more, reducing power for existing players is just unacceptable and something we will not do. We initially thought it being only temporary and giving a new path with to gain back that power with Gypsum would be acceptable, but it is now clear we were wrong.
    HWM/Gypsum system is still one of the worst progression systems I have ever seen. I don't understand the design logic whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    still cant skin/log wood wolves in brightwood? wasnt this shit supposed to be fixed by now with the latest patch?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    HWM/Gypsum system is still one of the worst progression systems I have ever seen. I don't understand the design logic whatsoever.
    What's to understand? They want you to grind your fucking life away and get there slowly because they think it will make people stick around and ignore the lack of content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    What's to understand? They want you to grind your fucking life away and get there slowly because they think it will make people stick around and ignore the lack of content.
    Which explodes my mind, because Anthem, Marvels Avengers and more games that I remeber did the same shit, and they failed. How these devs can still think it's the right approach while they are bleeding subs hard?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Which explodes my mind, because Anthem, Marvels Avengers and more games that I remeber did the same shit, and they failed. How these devs can still think it's the right approach while they are bleeding subs hard?
    Not sure if you were using the term loosely or not, but for posterity, New World does not have a sub.

This is brutal.

Staggering incompetence from both devs and management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    still cant skin/log wood wolves in brightwood? wasnt this shit supposed to be fixed by now with the latest patch?
    they fixed the main issue, then another one popped up and they had to keep them disabled until they get round to fixing the new shit they broke.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    they fixed the main issue, then another one popped up and they had to keep them disabled until they get round to fixing the new shit they broke.
    ^ that pretty much describes New World in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    This is brutal.

I ve basically quit the game as well due to all the things mentioned by Josh.
    It is insane to me how much they managed to fuck up a game with so much potential and such a great base to work with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    This is brutal.

game is being made by interns who are too young to have played 'old' games, so have no idea that these systems they are adding and think are good, are actually really old and no longer used because of how bad they are, and management are just there to pick up a juicy pay check with absolutely no clue what's going on, and are unable to steer the ship as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    ^ that pretty much describes New World in it's entirety.
    the new world spirit animal is the mythical hydra, cut off 1 head and 3 more appear to take its place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think AGS just need to realize where their strength is and become a full-time publisher and just stop embarrassing themselves with games development.

Glad I quit somewhere around lvl 35. What a total and utter shitshow. Sad though, cause the game has(had?) something going for it.

What I find most shocking about NW is how they set up the gearing process at max level. I mean WTF? Run around and loot chests for watermark shite? DAFUQ is that kind of shit? Whats even worse, why the F would anyone do that?