Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    1. metabolisms doesnt matter much, only in extrem cases and than you should see a doctor. Again not the case for 99%
    2. physical capabilities. You body needs X amount of energy a day, even if you just reduce the energy you give it by a little less than X, you will lose weight. Stop eating like a pig
    3. free time. If you dont have 20-1h ( yes 20 minutes a day are enough to start) freetime, than you have very serious problems that are more important than your weight. But again not the case for 99%
    4. energy ?! lmao, if you lack energy have your vitamin D tested and stop making excuses
    5. willpower ..... you are kidding me. this is your serious argument?
    You sound very privileged if you don't understand why poor people with shitty working conditions don't have the energy to work out or the willpower to get in shape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Plenty of rich unhealthy people, not to mention poor financial decisions aren't just something rich people do. A lot of poor people stay poor because of their poor buying habits. Companies like Apple live off of bad purchasing decisions by poor people.
    Are poverty and obesity associated? Poverty rates and obesity were reviewed across 3,139 counties in the U.S. (2,6). In contrast to international trends, people in America who live in the most poverty-dense counties are those most prone to obesity (Fig. 1A). Counties with poverty rates of >35% have obesity rates 145% greater than wealthy counties.
    As you can see, poverty and obesity are linked.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    You sound very privileged if you don't understand why poor people with shitty working conditions don't have the energy to work out or the willpower to get in shape.

- - - Updated - - -

I worked for minimum wage in a super market. Of course I know its easier to grab some fatty stuff after work and just fall on the bed, eat , sleep, maybe have a beer. But also I know how good it feels to get up after work , go for a run and drink some water afterwards to call it an easy early night.

The hardest part is saying once no to being lazy. Afterwards it gets easier and easier. If you dont do it, its not cause you are unlucky with your lifes circumstances, its because you are lazy.

Ever thought that maybe poverty and over weight is linked because people who cant get be bothered to get into shape, probably also make excuses to not aim to make something out of themselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    god i hate people who are pushing fad diets. you are like born again. zealots.

newsflash! nothing works 100% for every single person, there is not such thing as one size fits all, and just becasue a particular diet works for a few individuals, doesn't mean its fantastic for everyone.
    I agree on fad diets, keto being my most hated one.
    But there's something that universally works for everyone... Calories in... Calories out... You can't argue with it. That's literally the only thing to consider.
    All that other talk about hormones this, metabolism that... It's just excuses... That's all there is to it. Excuses, stop overeating and you will lose weight. Period.
    Last edited by tomten; 2021-12-14 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    No need for excuses.. everyone has same 24 hours in day.
    Starting off with an objectively incorrect statement doesn't lead well into anything else you say.

MY two hints:
    1. Focus on reducing carbs, all of them, from any source.
    2. Don't stop, replace ... if you stop you will start again, substitute for something with fewer carbs.
    3. I said TWO - why are you still reading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Easy maths.
    Your calculation is flawed, it assumes the only thing we get from food is calories, which is completely incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    99% of people are fat by choice not circumstances.
    Yet another false statement backed up by nothing more than confirmation bias.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    People often freak out when I mention them "Zero Carb Carnivore" diet because of cultural brainwashing like "Breakfast is the important meal of the day", and "Carbs should be your staple food" which are both false in so many ways.

Meat and fat is the most nutrient dense food on the planet, especially if organs is included. The diet itself is very palatable and satiating. Even in calorie deficit adhering to diet is easy because it's so satiating.
    And you are equally brainwashed to be scared of carbs... Carbs is essential to living... Yes, you read that right... Your central nervous system needs about 100 grams carbs per day to function and keep you alive... Now, can your body go for gluconeogenesis and convert protein to carbs...sure, but its a very taxing process and unnatural way for your body and not healthy at all. You also need glucose for muscle energy.

Breakfast is literally the most important meal of the day... Break. Fast. Means, break the fasting you had while sleeping 8 hours.
    Only thing I can sorta agree with you is that macros dont matter and carbs doesn't need to be a staple in every single meal. And most people overeat carbs and eat to little fat. But everything else is just brainwashing on the opposite spectrum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    MY two hints:
    1. Focus on reducing carbs, all of them, from any source.
    2. Don't stop, replace ... if you stop you will start again, substitute for something with fewer carbs.
    You dont get fat from carbs, you get fat from excess calories and in that sense, you want to reduce fat. Because fat equals 9 calories per gram, while protein/carbs is only 4.
    You also can't just say "reduce carbs", you want to reduce sugar carbs while still eating complex carbs, which is just fine and should be encouraged to eat, in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You dont get fat from carbs, you get fat from excess calories and in that sense, you want to reduce fat. Because fat equals 9 calories per gram, while protein/carbs is only 4.
    Correct, you don't get fat FROM carbs, you get fat BECAUSE of carbs.

Carbs are burned first, so remove the carbs and your body is forced to burn fat.

Spent my whole adult life eating sfa fats, that's 40 years - and I ended up the size of a whale.

The last two years - changed to reducing carbs, and I'm FINALLY able to lose weight.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Carbs are burned first, so remove the carbs and your body is forced to burn fat.
    Spent my whole adult life eating sfa fats, that's 40 years - and I ended up the size of a whale.
    The last two years - changed to reducing carbs, and I'm FINALLY able to lose weight.
    Nope, you get fat because you eat too much calories.
    Great, you managed to reduce calories in and as a result you're finally able to lose weight. I'm happy it works for you and I recommend you sticking to what works for you
    That said, you could have kept the exact same diet and eating habits but just eating less and produce the exact same result because only calories matters end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account

That's because when you were eating carbs you were eating more calories, not because of the carbs themselves. Maybe some reduction in retained water weight as well, but that's secondary.

It's super easy to overeat on carbs, and they're digested so fast that you're ready for round 2 far sooner than with proteins/fats.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

counting calories is the quickest way. bonus points for creating a workout regime to give you more dietary freedom + speed up the process

I agree on fad diets, keto being my most hated one.
    But there's something that universally works for everyone... Calories in... Calories out... You can't argue with it. That's literally the only thing to consider.
    All that other talk about hormones this, metabolism that... It's just excuses... That's all there is to it. Excuses, stop overeating and you will lose weight. Period.
    you are oversimplifying. because what calories in vs calories out is going to differ for people PRECICELY due to differences in metabolism, hormones etc. not to mention a lot of people have issues with leptin, aka hormone that tells your body that you are full. which means you cannot eat to satiety you have to stop while still hungry.... but.... how do you tell when you had just enough food and not too much or too little without long term tracking experimentation and most likely intervention of medical professionals?

its not excuses. its reasons. and those reasons need to be addressed in order to help people. for someone who stress eats, yelling at them that they should stop overeating - is not going to help. you know what does? helping them find better coping mechanisms. addressing the psychological issue so that they can stop treating food as comfort.

calories in vs calories out is a summary at best. yes, its true. but simple =/= easy.

People aren't fat because they're misinformed, they're fat because they're poor.

Getting your calories from potatoes and noodles is way cheaper, not to mention poor people are exhausted from work and will skip cooking a healthy meal for a burger or some other junk food.

Then you must be some genetic jackpot because those are common issues on Keto. They're not even side effects, they're features.
    lmao people are fat because they are poor??? america is like one of the wealthiest countries and eating fast food is way more expensive anyway. fat because poor has been dunked so many times

- - - Updated - - -

Correlation doesn't imply causation. They aren't obese because they are poor, they are obese because they are uneducated and ill-informed, they are also poor partly because of those same reasons.

Nope, you get fat because you eat too much calories.
    It isn't that simple dude ... you do know that food offers more to the body than just calories.

Once you grow up and hit the real struggle, then you will realise how wrong you are.

Until then - enjoy ezymode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's because when you were eating carbs you were eating more calories
    Incorrect - my fat intake has increased dramatically.

0 carbs is torture. Apart from giving up your favorite foods and the constant sweet cravings, because of ketosis you will also smell
    You can easily be in ketosis and eat plenty of carbs. Also after 3 weeks of being even on a dirty or loose keto diet your cravings for sweets goes away.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It isn't that simple dude ... you do know that food offers more to the body than just calories.

Once you grow up and hit the real struggle, then you will realise how wrong you are.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean a lot of it comes down to sheer will to. I went from roughly 300 pounds to 180 in 11 months just from cutting down my calories to roughly 800 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by beratish View Post
    I mean a lot of it comes down to sheer will to.
    Well - as with everything will is a core component of the result, but also as with everything - will is never sufficient to succeed.

Anyone who thinks will power alone can change the universe is deluded.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Eating fats doesn't make you fat.

Are you really trying to tell us that you eat the exact same amount of calories as you used to - accurately a diligently tracking every single thing you eat including weighing all ingredients (including cooking oils etc.) and never eating out if you can't accurately track the nutritional info - just in a different configuration of macros and you have lost a significant amount of weight? Because that is, frankly, impossible.

What has probably happened that you have actually improved your eating habits to a greater degree than you expected, and changing those has also led to you eating less calories on average which has therefore led to you losing weight. Eating more proteins/fats makes your satiety go way up relative to eating carbs, which is a huge factor if you tend to always eat when you're hungry.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2021-12-14 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Eating fats doesn't make you fat.
    Exactly what I've been saying... glad to see see you agree

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you are oversimplifying. because what calories in vs calories out is going to differ for people PRECICELY due to differences in metabolism, hormones etc. not to mention a lot of people have issues with leptin, aka hormone that tells your body that you are full. which means you cannot eat to satiety you have to stop while still hungry.... but.... how do you tell when you had just enough food and not too much or too little without long term tracking experimentation and most likely intervention of medical professionals?

its not excuses. its reasons. and those reasons need to be addressed in order to help people. for someone who stress eats, yelling at them that they should stop overeating - is not going to help. you know what does? helping them find better coping mechanisms. addressing the psychological issue so that they can stop treating food as comfort.

calories in vs calories out is a summary at best. yes, its true. but simple =/= easy.
    No, you're making excuses and pretty dumb ones at that.
    Like i said, you can talk hormones this and metabolism that but truth is? It doesn't matter, at all.
    Ask yourself, why do we speak in calories and not in terms of food when talking about intake? Just think about it before you read my answer, i'm sure you can figure it out on your own...

How do i tell a person they had enough? I don't need too, i tell them to track calories for each meal and sum it up over the day. Weigh the food and clean the plate. Very basic first step.

Your second part is something completely different and I totally agree with those points.
    But losing weight is as easy as calories in, calories out.
    Actually executing that? Not easy or simple at all, often takes life changes.

- - - Updated - - -

It really is that simple, it doesn't matter what you eat. I've literally lost weight eating nothing but fast food, did I have to go hungry for stupid long periods? Of course, but its very doable. Nothing else matters except calories in, calories out.
    Now if you wanna talk about executing a diet that is sustainable for you and in the long term? Well, thats a different discussion and also why I told you stick to what works for you, i'm not ignorant to the struggle of losing weight.
    But you lost weight because you're eating less calories, how you got there is sorta irrelevant.
    I'm almost 40, you wanna try again?

10+ Year Old Account
    How do i tell a person they had enough? I don't need too, i tell them to track calories for each meal and sum it up over the day. Weigh the food and clean the plate. Very basic first step.
    Exactly. There's a reason that this is the first step in any training program - with either gaining or losing as a goal. How can you adjust to achieve that goal when you don't even know where you're starting from?

All it takes from there is adjusting and tracking from week to week until you start to see results. Hormones, health issues, all of that gets rolled into this step. Yes, it's harder for some than for others, but the process remains the same. Track, record, adjust, reach a new maintenance level, adjust, track, record, continue until you get where you want to go.

People's biggest problem is going from a 5000 cal diet to a 2000 cal diet and then feeling so bad that they can't continue and complaining that for whatever reason their personal situation makes it impossible to lose weight. Of course you're struggling with a deficit like that - you'd be struggling if you suddenly decided to go the other way from 2000 to 5000 cals a day too! People don't get overweight overnight, and the solution isn't overnight either - it's a series of small adjustments diligently followed over a long period of time. It's not necessarily easy to do, but it absolutely is simple to implement.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2021-12-14 at 04:14 AM.