Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I'm not pushing any conspiracy theories, but asking the same question any reasonable person might ask.

'The patient could have been hit by a bus'
    That is just a conspiracy theory fueled by BoJo and british tabloids; patients run over by buses are easy to separate from the rest and any competent government will not include them in the 'death with covid'. They are also vanishingly few - because being run over by the bus is rare in general, and especially rare among the sick and the elderly in care homes.

There are legitimate cases of unclear causes of deaths; but not bus-related and compensated for by the deaths due to covid that are missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    My lingering worry is that omicron may not actually be less deadly, it may just be turning all the asymptomatic (or so lightly symptomatic as to avoid detection) cases into symptomatic cases, which would be artificially making it look like it's less deadly.
    That does not seem consistent with the reporting - most cases are mild or even asymptomatic.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-e...ata-8-december
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-12-14 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

That does not seem consistent with the reporting - most cases are mild or even asymptomatic.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-e...ata-8-december
    I mean that's how COVID was reported early on 2020. I'm still playing it all by ear but this variant keeps making people and policy makers jumpy behind closed doors. Sports venues are being shutdown again...

I'm just for the day in 2035 we're there's no more waves. You either take a shot or not. Where the virus might not be eradicated but at least it would be under control. Then we can go back to guessing about the what kind of flu season we're going to have.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    What will end it is effective treatment for it.

When there will be actual medicine that treats it effectively and is readily available, like we have for cold, then it will become non-issue.

Until then we will be taking shots every half a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

When there will be actual medicine that treats it effectively and is readily available, like we have for cold, then it will become non-issue.
    I believe its the second time i tell you that there are no effective treatment for cold, or flu. The treatment for these is about managing symptmons with stuff like paracetamol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I believe its the second time i tell you that there are no effective treatment for cold, or flu. The treatment for these is about managing symptmons with stuff like paracetamol.
    It is a treatment and it's effective. It prevents it from becoming any more severe and/or actually threatening.

The rest is just semantics, you know full well what I mean, unless you want to be stubborn about it and I'm not about to waste my time arguing about it. I'm done with trying to fix the world.

Same goes for anti-vaxxers, they can jump off a cliff for all I care. I'll take my shots and they can do whatever the fuck they want. Done arguing, waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a treatment and it's effective.
    No, it isn't, it only gives you the sensation of it being effective because both cold an flu are normally mild compared with other respiratory hilness. The real treatment is wait and let it get out of the systhem.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a treatment and it's effective. It prevents it from becoming any more severe and/or actually threatening.

The rest is just semantics, you know full well what I mean, unless you want to be stubborn about it and I'm not about to waste my time arguing about it. I'm done with trying to fix the world.

Same goes for anti-vaxxers, they can jump off a cliff for all I care. I'll take my shots and they can do whatever the fuck they want. Done arguing, waste of time.
    Based on your criteria for the cold we have treatments for COVID in the vaccines and various therapeutics used when someone has symptoms. Much of the same stuff given to you for a cold is given to for COVID - mostly Anti-inflammatories (of different strengths/areas), pain medication, and fever reducers. Shoot, we have better treatments for COVID actually because there's vaccines and it's spread is easier to manage/trace/contain (even though people don't apply the measures).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I wish people would go and get vaccinated so we can end this, but I also don't agree with forcing people to put things in their body. It's this kind of behavior by our leaders that is keeping some people from getting vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    I wish people would go and get vaccinated so we can end this, but I also don't agree with forcing people to put things in their body. It's this kind of behavior by our leaders that is keeping some people from getting vaccinated.
    No it's not.

People are not getting vaccinated, because they are gullible fools, who buy into lies and conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No it's not.

People are not getting vaccinated, because they are gullible fools, who buy into lies and conspiracy theories.
    You don't think some people are not getting vaccinated because the government is trying to force them to do it?

You don't think some people are not getting vaccinated because the government is trying to force them to do it?
    I think this is an attempt to blame someone else for one's selfish and ignorant behavior.

"I'm going to drink and drive, because the government told me not to!!!"

I think this is an attempt to blame someone else for one's selfish and ignorant behavior.

"I'm going to drink and drive, because the government told me not to!!!"
    Whatever the reason the simple truth is when you try to force people to put things in their body some will object regardless if it's good for them or not.

Whatever the reason the simple truth is when you try to force people to put things in their body some will object regardless if it's good for them or not.
    This is your narrative, the burden of evidence for your claims falls entirely on you.

The vaccine and relevant data was available long before the "mandates" for vaccines. Stop trying to shift someone's willful ignorance onto others. That's simply a bullshit victim mentality.

"I beat my wife, because the government tells me not to."
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-12-14 at 02:56 PM.

This is your narrative, the burden of evidence for your claims falls entirely on you.

The vaccine and relevant data was available long before the "mandates" for vaccines. Stop trying to shift someone's willful ignorance onto others. That's simply a bullshit victim mentality.
    All I did is simply provide an explanation why some people may not be getting vaccinated, how is that me shifting the blame? Let's not forget Biden said he would never force anyone to get vaccinated, why should the American people trust Biden?

All I did is simply provide an explanation why some people may not be getting vaccinated, how is that me shifting the blame? Let's not forget Biden said he would never force anyone to get vaccinated, why should the American people trust Biden?
    And it's utterly baseless and foolish.

People don't kill others, because it's illegal. They kill others, because they are murderous assholes. Drunk drivers don't do it, because the government doesn't want them to. They do it, because they are ignorant and selfish.

Anti-vaxxers are drunk drivers.

So, I'll wait for your evidence for your narrative.

And it's utterly baseless and foolish.

People don't kill others, because it's illegal. They kill others, because they are murderous assholes. Drunk drivers don't do it, because the government doesn't want them to. They do it, because they are ignorant and selfish.

Anti-vaxxers are drunk drivers.

So, I'll wait for your evidence for your narrative.
    Not getting vaccinated is not the same as drunk driving or murdering someone.

Not getting vaccinated is not the same as drunk driving or murdering someone.
    Anti-vaxxers choose to endanger others due to their own selfishness and ignorance. Drunk drivers do the same thing.

The murder analogy was to refute your ridiculous and absurd argument. If you don't like it, I don't much care. This is your argument, so feel free to condemn it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Based on your criteria for the cold we have treatments for COVID in the vaccines and various therapeutics used when someone has symptoms. Much of the same stuff given to you for a cold is given to for COVID - mostly Anti-inflammatories (of different strengths/areas), pain medication, and fever reducers. Shoot, we have better treatments for COVID actually because there's vaccines and it's spread is easier to manage/trace/contain (even though people don't apply the measures).
    True (except the last part) , and one reason we currently havehad good vaccines against covid is that it is just one disease.

Whereas the common cold is caused by numerous various viruses - from different virus families; so one vaccine wouldn't cut it.
    The flu is in the middle - fewer related variants, but they are mutating more.

It also seems that part of the immunity wanes fairly quickly for both flu and the common cold (one reason why people should get vaccinated against the flu during the fall - if they are vaccinated earlier they lose immunity before the season ends) - but some suggest that you keep good protection against severe disease and covid-19 might join those ranks soon-ish.

The anti-viral medicines against covid might also work against the flu and the common cold.

However, I would say that covid isn't easy to contain since it is often a mild disease - and the new variants also seem more contagious that other respiratory diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Vaccines are good but they don't solve the problem. The real solution is to stop all events, all travels, all flights, everyone who wants to move from a city to another city, close down roads for few months. That's the only real solution, otherwise this thing spreads. So its honestly the travelers and sport or any other type of event organizers, those who cross the city boundaries are responsible for spreading this disease and this mess. But the problem is its not really practical to stop everything for few months.
    Even stopping all of that for a few months wouldn't suffice - as the virus would still linger on, both in some countries, and in animals.
    As soon as you open up you would then have the same situation again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Vaccines are good but they don't solve the problem. The real solution is to stop all events, all travels, all flights, everyone who wants to move from a city to another city, close down roads for few months. That's the only real solution, otherwise this thing spreads. So honestly the travelers, and sport or any other type of event organizers, those who cross the city boundaries are responsible for spreading this disease and this mess. But the problem is its not really practical to stop everything for few months.
    Not really, vaccines have had a major impact on the scale and spread. That's why vaccines are the answer, because all those others things are not practical. Getting vaccinated is, and it's fairly effective.