Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Kind of an echo of other peoples thoughts, but I wouldn’t mind:
    1) Going to a new location where we are the unknowns. Reboot us down from heroes and champions to relative unknowns. Even if Jaina, Thrall, and company come along and are like “these are the heroes who saved us all,” the new people they meet are like “I don’t care. Here, go pick up poop.” Make us explorers, not saviors (at least not at first, anyways).
    2) Merge the factions. Horde and Alliance can play together.
    3) Potentially introduce new factions in the new land area to keep some PvP style going. Horde/Alli are friendly, however we as players get to choose which faction to side with. Choosing ONLY affects PvP and story focal points, NOT the overall progression of the story. For instance, big bad gets defeated by X group; however, we can see different viewpoints of how it went down.
    4) Some kind of player housing using phasing technology. For instance, everyone can purchase same plot of land, but is phased/instanced unless you invite someone to your group. Multiple random things to purchase with in game currency or earn via achievements to decorate with. Housing can be done in any faction style, such as brick and mortar like Alli towns, tree shaping like NEs, tents like Tauren, etc. Player housing can be done in new zone area or old world.
    5) Let a character learn all professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Entire expansion being in a huge city (that doesn't have bullshit height differences that makes it pain to navigate like Revendreth) could be pretty awesome.
    Yeah, I would add Booty Bay to the mix as well. Revamp Gadgetzhan and Booty Bay, and have Undermine as an underground continent. Main villains would be the Goblin trade princes (and princesses) led by Gallywix.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hollow Azeroth is the next one.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I’d like to also have a better first raiding tier if possible and not have valor vendors tied to rep.
    Please and thank you.
    Stone guards were perfection just for the fact that it led to GC telling players to get better

as mentioned that 10.0 is something completely new that had never been made that you think of an expansion that takes place in the Subsoil of Raganorte.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I would add Booty Bay to the mix as well. Revamp Gadgetzhan and Booty Bay, and have Undermine as an underground continent. Main villains would be the Goblin trade princes (and princesses) led by Gallywix.
    You know what?

As long as they tie-in some Deathwing lore and explain the somewhat inexplicable nature of his relationship to the goblins, I'd be fine with this. It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but at least it would be inarguably WarCraft.

We've never explored Murloc lore. A murloc-themed expansion would be interesting, if it was something like the Panda expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

I really just want some good ol' naval battles on my own ship, and absolutely nothing to do with the damn garrison. That garrison sucked.

I kinda had this idea for new group content where your raid team sails on the guild ship on the high seas. As you go around, you have to fight sea creatures, rival NPC ships, trying to find bosses out in the ocean somewhere. Maybe hide a map and compass out in the waters somewhere to help you out if you can't find them. Unfortunately, the Jaima fight kinda took a lot of steam out of that idea and burned it for just one raid encounter when it should have been a whole raid.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    We've never explored Murloc lore. A murloc-themed expansion would be interesting, if it was something like the Panda expansion.
    A murloc expansion would feel like a watered (hah) down version of the Naga portions of BfA.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    You know what?

As long as they tie-in some Deathwing lore and explain the somewhat inexplicable nature of his relationship to the goblins, I'd be fine with this. It wouldn't be my cup of tea, but at least it would be inarguably WarCraft.
    That could be what occurs in the supposed Dragon Isles expansion. Blizzard has dropped a couple of items that merge the concepts of dragons and technology together. They also hinted at both Tinkers and the Dragon Isles in BFA, so who knows.

I want to see K'aresh in a time-twisting expansion that lets us see parts of the world as it is, and as it once was. Use phasing tech to let us explore K'aresh through pocket-dimension timelines or by using some device that restores the land to what it used to be. Have the entire world be filled with middle eastern mythological themes; Egyptian, Arabian, Persian and Indian cultures are quite underutilized.

Have everything be tied towards inching towards an eventual encounter with the Void Lords. Maybe we get our first glimpse at fighting their major agents here.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I want to see K'aresh in a time-twisting expansion that lets us see parts of the world as it is, and as it once was. Use phasing tech to let us explore K'aresh through pocket-dimension timelines or by using some device that restores the land to what it used to be. Have the entire world be filled with middle eastern mythological themes; Egyptian, Arabian, Persian and Indian cultures are quite underutilized.

Have everything be tied towards inching towards an eventual encounter with the Void Lords. Maybe we get our first glimpse at fighting their major agents here.
    Brokers should have been Ethereals, who figured out how to portal into the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I am expecting the Dragon Isles and resurrected Galakrond as many have already pointed out. We still haven’t seen the realistic cgi cinematic that shows Northrend from above. It is now pretty obvious the cinematic is tied to the end of Shadowlands.

I also think a partial world revamp is on the way and that the Dragon Isles will be part of the first or second bigger patch.
    Completely forgot about that image of Northrend. Did we ever learn anything more about it?

There's also the upgraded Goldshire assets that haven't been used. My guess is we will see a revamped Stormwind / Orgrimmar next expansion if absolutely nothing else. Possibly with Elwynn and Durotar redone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Completely forgot about that image of Northrend. Did we ever learn anything more about it?

There's also the upgraded Goldshire assets that haven't been used. My guess is we will see a revamped Stormwind / Orgrimmar next expansion if absolutely nothing else. Possibly with Elwynn and Durotar redone as well.
    No, not yet.

he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

According to the store mounts in SL my bets are something blend with

Elune

Quel'thalas

Dragons

Plus in Exploring Azeroth : Zappibois is Antisemitic for reasons Zappiboi talks about a legend circulating in Kalimdor about a distant land where Dragons lived but not mortal ever saw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    10.0 Pre-Patch Khadgar and Magni wake us up from N'zoth's Coma and Shadowlands never happened.

10.0 Content: We take back Azeroth from N'zoth
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    10.0 Pre-Patch Khadgar and Magni wake us up from N'zoth's Coma and Shadowlands never happened.

10.0 Content: We take back Azeroth from N'zoth
    I’m not opposed to this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    No, not yet.

Wasn't that debunked to be some elaborate hoax?

Along with awakening

If it was, I sure did missed out on that, yikes. Could you point me to where was this debunked?

Oh, I found this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post

This image is riddled with chromatic aberrations, a common shortcut to make mediocre renders seem more realistic. Blizzard doesn't rely on this effect at all in their cinematics. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.

In the rare cases that it is used in big productions, it is visible only towards the very edges of the image, since that is how this visual artifact behaves in real life photography as well.

This single, simple detail quickly reveals the leak's lack of authenticity. The chromatic aberration effect has been applied excessively across the entire image (presumably because the creator feared it wouldn't otherwise be noticed in the low-quality version that was 'leaked'). This suggests that the effect was applied through a filter in After Effects or Photoshop, rather than the actual rendering process.
    But the image is clearly taken with a camera, it's a photo of the display on a monitor or a projected footage, it's not an actual screenshot. Aberrations like these are very likely to appear if you take a photo of a display or a projector.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    It does matter because of how a display (emits RGB colors separately) or projector (may create chromatic aberration on its own) creates the image. You get bunch of different artifacts when making a picture of a display
    So I'm 100% with @procne ...
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2021-12-22 at 09:42 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.