Well in the UK we keep seeing record case numbers, we had a press conference today, deaths are continuing to remain low especially given the time of year(winter). There could of course be a lag but personally I very much doubt it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Well in the UK we keep seeing record case numbers, we had a press conference today, deaths are continuing to remain low especially given the time of year(winter). There could of course be a lag but personally I very much doubt it at this point.
    looks like volume is going to be the problem now, too many people are infected at the same time.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...-disclose.html

And is the guy running one of the states responding to covid the worst fully vaccinated including his booster?

Literally nobody knows because he's refusing to say, all because covid is a fucking game to these Death Cultists.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looks like volume is going to be the problem now, too many people are infected at the same time.
    And specifically one major problem is that health-care workers are infected (or at least quarantined) - that's why several countries are loosing those rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Actually it seems it isn't a new variant: https://www.newsweek.com/ihu-covid-v...france-1665299

It seems it is older than Omicron, which is a very promising sign as that implies that it doesn't spread as fast as Omicron. But we don't know yet.

Australia is blowing through new records daily. We are hitting daily numbers now that equal all of last year's numbers combined pretty much.

New South Wales reported a 1 in 3 positivity rate. Which means the actually numbers are much higher. Hospitalisation and deaths are climbing.

Shops are having trouble staying stocked, but not due to panic buying. There are just too many people in the supply chain down sick.

And it gets worse. The New South Wales government is having such trouble keeping hospitals staffed that they want asymptomatic staff to return to work. They claim that they won't be a danger to anyone due to being in ppe gear the whole time, but it sounds far too risky.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...Americans.aspx

@Lenonis @Vegas82

The CDC is already changing its quarantine guidelines. That's crazy right? No one could have ever predicted that.

@PhaelixWW

The recommended time to receive your booster has changed, crazy right? Fully-vaccined protection doesn't sharply decline, so why would they push people to get their booster sooner???

Sarcasm off.

These updated guidelines are much better, but they are still leaving a lot of room for people to hang themselves. They can't be asked to hand hold people through the pandemic but, guidelines shouldn't need a flow chart or hold the spirit "well I guess you should follow this step if you feel like it". The guidelines will change again.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The recommended time to receive your booster has changed, crazy right? Fully-vaccined protection doesn't sharply decline, so why would they push people to get their booster sooner???
    Man, it's like you didn't actually bother to read anything.

- - - Updated - - -

For starters, the recommended time only changed for the Pfizer vaccine, because the Moderna vaccine already had a larger dose.

Second, it only changed to 5 months from 6 months.

Third (and as I clearly stated), although there is no sharp decline, there is a gradual decline in immunity, though not in protection from serious illness. This alone makes a booster beneficial, given the rapid spread of omicron.

Fourth, while the protection from serious illness is steady even after 6 months, a booster will still up the level some. This wasn't important before delta, when the steady protection was at ~95%, but since the protection from delta was at a lower level (though still steady), it was worth it to have a booster.

So mostly, this is a balancing move between the mRNA vaccines.

And I absolutely never said that the boosters weren't worth it. So try reading next time before making a fool of yourself.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And specifically one major problem is that health-care workers are infected (or at least quarantined) - that's why several countries are loosing those rules.
    also other sectors getting wrecked. Trains from where i live have been cancelled for 2 weeks due to lack of staff, boss told me to get a bus but ive opted for the motorbike, its fucking mad. The worst case figures are 25% of staff (country wide) will be off work.

10+ Year Old Account
    USA has one million cases in a single day.

No other country has admitted having this many. Amongst honest countries, it's a global record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    USA has one million cases in a single day.

No other country has admitted having this many. Amongst honest countries, it's a global record.
    clearly is a horrific number but country to country comparisons really should be done on a per capita basis.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    clearly is a horrific number but country to country comparisons really should be done on a per capita basis.
    Seven figures is still a grim reminder how much half of us aren't taking this seriously.

That said, since you asked, the US is currently 23rd out of the world in terms of cases per capita. Spain, France, and the UK are all about 50% worse. Austrailia is just barely behind us, ouch. Most of the top ten are island nations like Iceland, Cyprus, and the Virgin Islands, plus also Andorra (metaphorical island) and Greece.

10+ Year Old Account
    France's famed Bogdanoff twins die of COVID after rejecting vaccines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we have another variant discovered. This one is called "Flurona" and there isn't much known about it yet.

https://www.dw.com/en/new-coronaviru...nce/a-60329823

B.1.640.2 was discovered in a traveler returning from Cameroon and has a high number of mutations. And a first "flurona" case has been confirmed in Israel.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Looks like we have another variant discovered. This one is called "Flurona" and there isn't much known about it yet.

B.1.640.2 was discovered in a traveler returning from Cameroon and has a high number of mutations. And a first "flurona" case has been confirmed in Israel.
    That’s close to spelling Florida.

We doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

The "new" variant was discussed on the previous page, and it is actually not new.
    Flurona is a separate issue - and even if having flu and covid-19 at the same time is bad, I don't see that they will easily mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    France's famed Bogdanoff twins die of COVID after rejecting vaccines.

Despite the evidence I believe that this is bad photo-shopping.

And in normal twin-studies you treat the twins differently to see the difference; not having both refuse the vaccine and die.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2022-01-05 at 08:22 PM.

They actually did look like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As I said in the other thread, it wasn't really 1 million in a day. They were reported in one day, but they were from over the holiday weekend.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

And in normal twin-studies you treat the twins differently to see the difference; not having both refuse the vaccine and die.
    These fuckers probably killed more kids by discouraging vaccine use, than they did by shoving them into gingerbread ovens.