I just considered that Lothraxion could be the subject of “Light has made a bargain with the enemy of all “. If that enemy is Death we now know that Death is the ultimate aspect of the Nathrezim, so if Light wanted to have access to Azeroth one day they could have permitted the creation of Lothraxion (who would then summon them to Azeroth or bring it about).

Remember that the Light attack on Revendreth was planned by Denathrius so the Nathrezim could be “exiled” for it. Maybe they worked together?
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2022-01-07 at 09:40 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Perhaps the prototypes all went through a similar situation?

There was something about the First Ones predicting the Maw Walker and what the Jailer was going to do, right? Perhaps it came about in the past.
    The Prophecy Rabbit Hole is not a place you want to be if you love the lore, I can tell you that. It's why people are pretty oblivious to a lot of this because they do not want to actually dwelve into it. There's so much that was not told about it and presented to the audience.

Again being the Guardian of the Pattern is not a good thing. We just helped our creators who created a hellscape of a universe where we are pawns in a Cosmic Game and we just returned it back to the standard Light vs Void scenario of other simulations. Our only chance of escape from the Simulation has ended and we are now continuing our journey as slaves to the cosmic forces in this Simulation of what is now returning back to its default state that being Light Versus Void.

Also the whole Zovaal is a beep boop robot is pretty problematic due to the Maw collectables but hey who cares, lets go into BFA Cosmic Edition!
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Im not seeing anything from the datamining that leads to a revamp or even a timeskip

1+ Year Old Account
    Also man, the potential they had with Zovaalbot looking sad if they just had built up his character and explained the problems of the universe and just built this up. Such a shame.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmaop View Post
    Im not seeing anything from the datamining that leads to a revamp or even a timeskip
    Remodeled Nelf and Human structures have been in the files for a while. Doubt they are on the Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Remodeled Nelf and Human structures have been in the files for a while. Doubt they are on the Dragon Isles.
    ? Ok i mean obviously 9.2 tho

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Also the whole Zovaal is a beep boop robot is pretty problematic due to the Maw collectables but hey who cares, lets go into BFA Cosmic Edition!
    It's also heavily contradicted. He may be a robot, but one controlled by a highly advanced AI.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's also heavily contradicted. He may be a robot, but one controlled by a highly advanced AI.
    Again, it's really weird because the reason why our Determinism of our player characters is disrupted in the Shadowlands is due to the Prophecy which basically console commands the universe to let our player characters aka The Maw Walkers win no matter what. Our determinism in Reality is non-compromised which is how the Dreadlords pushed us in the right direction to let Death claim Reality.

Obviously the problem here is that Zovaal realized the Prophecy only when we entered the Shadowlands and activated the Waystone, he got Rah-Kalo the only other Fatescribe in Shadowlands to rewrite the Prophecy but apparently that failed with the Zovaalbot being a thing and he basically got destroyed due to his own arrogance.

But yeah, WoW is in a really weird space going forward and I think it will basically be the same as the whole "Yrel is in our Universe now" thing that most people don't know about but even far more consequential going forward.

But also again why not change the code to not make the Prophecy necessary. It's just silly.

Every Force just seems to have been corrupted with Free Will and that is what brought the Universe to this silly state with territory wars. But, our Azeroth in this Cycle was inhabited by our player characters which had the upper hand due to our existence in Reality while being infinitely powerful due to our connection to Azeroth herself and all the forces wanted Azeroth for themselves due to its importance as claiming Azeroth would put their Force in a Win State instead of the fate of Reality which is everything is consumed by Void whether Light or Void won the War.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-07 at 10:53 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    No timeskip, no large-scale revamp. 10.0 is dragon isles.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-01-08 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

But also again why not change the code to not make the Prophecy necessary. It's just silly.
    No, that's mostly you making definitive statements about a prophecy you don't actually know any details about.

We don't know what the prophecy details, how specific it is, or even whether it is actually enforced or just the First Ones knowing and understanding how their systems work and what the most likely outcome of certain actions will be.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's mostly you making definitive statements about a prophecy you don't actually know any details about.

We don't know what the prophecy details, how specific it is, or even whether it is actually enforced or just the First Ones knowing and understanding how their systems work and what the most likely outcome of certain actions will be.
    Well, I mean its outcome happened and Roh-Kalo changing it did not occur. Sooo.

The fate still stands as us saving the Shadowlands which seems to be the likeliest event and the only detail that we actually have about the Prophecy from in-game dialogue.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-07 at 11:48 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    the fact that we can go into this weird technical explanation of prophecies is why this games lore is where it is, this is an unpleasant level of explanation.
    Thing is, we actually can't. That's mostly just Ztudent making stuff up, we only got a few tidbits in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Nobbel is disappointed, but he’s not doom and gloom about WoW. You guys need to seriously cool down and differentiate a game from reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you downplaying the Aspects and the Keepers? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not. Deathwing was awesome.
    I mean it took all the aspects plus a bunch of mortals and the most powerful shaman in the world plus a magical artifact to kill Deathwing. They were stronger in their prime, but. IM sure they are more durable than a naaru, but naaru have a lot of power too. I think the Illidan cinematic damaged their power scaling. A simple eye lazer should not have defeated Xera if Naaru are supposed to be powerful.

Last I checked, the farthest the "prophecy" storyline went on PTR is "the First Ones knew you would come, that's why their artifacts work for you, they coded Azeroth people to have permission".

Does it actually go farther than that? AFAIK the implication is that they pitted you against Zovaal and knew it would happen, not what the outcome would be.

1+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, the farthest the "prophecy" storyline went on PTR is "the First Ones knew you would come, that's why their artifacts work for you, they coded Azeroth people to have permission".

Does it actually go farther than that?
    Other than the addition of dialogue stating that we will save the Shadowlands and the whole Roh-Kalo kidnapping due to Zovaals' surprise at us activating the Waystone and he forces Roh-Kalo to rewrite the Fate there's nothing else.

Obviously since Zovaal is sad scrap metal, his arrogance thought that Roh-Kalo finished his task and went to kill himself in Zereth Mortis unknowingly or he did rewrite the prophecy but Azeroth intervened and smited him or something, idk lol.

Nihil.

Other than the addition of dialogue stating that we will save the Shadowlands and the whole Roh-Kalo kidnapping due to Zovaals' surprise at us activating the Waystone and he forces Roh-Kalo to rewrite the Fate there's nothing else.

Obviously since Zovaal is sad scrap metal, his arrogance thought that Roh-Kalo finished his task and went to kill himself in Zereth Mortis unknowingly or he did rewrite the prophecy but Azeroth intervened and smited him or something, idk lol.
    I haven't heard this yet. Is it a character being optimistic or a straight up prophecy?

1+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard this yet. Is it a character being optimistic or a straight up prophecy?
    Elder Ara: The waystones would respond only to certain living mortals. The ones destined to save the realms of death. The Maw Walkers.

Elder Ara says this when you're on your way towards the Waystone in Zereth Mortis. It is what hooked me into this whole crazy rabbit hole in the first place. I don't know if there was stuff in Korthia because I didn't pay attention but I probably will look over it again once this expansion is over. Especially the whole Roh-Kalo nonsense.

Source: https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/zereth-...e-story-325177
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-08 at 12:17 AM.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The plot is convoluted and requires Jailer to be pulling strings behind every event that has ever happened in Warcraft, but Jailer itself is written like moustache twirling cartoon villain with half a sentence worth of personality.
    I dont think thats the case. I think he sent thousands of threads out into the universe, and just recently with Sylvanas becoming Warchiief and us going to Argus his current plan started. He knew we were on Argus, because the dread lords told him. Argus was being pumped up with Death Magic in the event that he could be useful at some point. I think the Jailer just capitalized on us being there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    All a villain needs is to be a fucking person. Jailer is a fucking non-entity, he might as well be an automaton because he displayed practically zero traits that thinking beings should display. He has no personality, he had no conversations with anyone (monologuing to someone is not a conversation), he hadn't expressed his opinion about anything or anyone.

Anyway, those raid titles are funny: "Guardian of the Pattern". Might as well be "Guardian of the status quo" with how pathetic that sounds. I still hate that Shadowlands will continue to exist and won't be destroyed.
    Yeah, I think Shadowlands could have worked well with another expansion of lore setup, and some better character writing for Mr Nips, but it is what it is. I look forward to brushing it under the rug and starting over in 10.0. Its definitely going to be a more grounded expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Endtimes DW is not the same as the one we shot down and which was casting Cataclysm Mk. II at the Maeltstrom. Also what made DW so pathetic was that before cataclysm he was described as mad schemer, not a mindless raging beast.
    Yeah blizz doesn't do individual characters very well do they? I think you could write off that he was a genius before corruption, but that hardly matters when he didn't do anything until Cata when he was already a mind slave.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf is the pattern? It sounds like you are the gaurdian for some tailors crafting pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

The world is never, EVER going to be destroyed in WoW. And that doesn't mean we aren't getting a revamp.

- - - Updated - - -

It just means we don't kill Zovaal, something else does. Remember his death animation is him falling to his knees. It could very easily be Azeroth or the ghosts of Arthas and everyone Zovaal is responsible for.

- - - Updated - - -

They should just change it to "Guardian of the Galaxy" to shut people up.
    I know it would make no sense, but I would love for all the night elves killed at Teldrasil to rush out of the Maw and blow him up Archimonde style. For the memes.

He kidnapped Roh-Kalo because of some knowledge he had. The rewriting fate thing was just a side business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Perhaps the prototypes all went through a similar situation?

There was something about the First Ones predicting the Maw Walker and what the Jailer was going to do, right? Perhaps it came about in the past.
    Oh, maybe the First ones are the true end bosses of WoW. Manipulating everything as a child plays with action figures. Everything that's happening is just for their entertainment. That would be really dumb, but at this point, it wouldn't shock me.