Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Expected, and shows how you don't design systems and why the game has become a glorified time sink.
    What do you think attunements and resist gear was in the past? You literally could not progress past Mother in Black Temple unless your entire raid had the proper shadow resist gear. That took time to get the Hearts required to craft sets for your guild.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol none of the people complaining here about their removal are mythic raiders, the mythic raiders are fucking overwhelmly excited these are being removed.
    no having to farm SOD for weeks to months ahead of time to farm shards for all their alts they will need for the coming raid.
    Are you joking?

Casual players that dont even cleared NORMAL, because nobody cares and RAID participation is at all time low, would be the ones that farm old/low-ilvl content for shards that they cant even use for anything but raiding the old content?

Sorry but most current active players I see right now, doing the weekly stuff, farming stuff, enjoying M+ or just capping the VAULT and most of them either dont even have even looked at the raid or quit after 1 clear or not even 1 clear of HC.

The only player who actually benefit from having ilvl AND +~10% additional DPS in M+ are those with mythic gear and shards. Thats what will be gone with the next patch.

Dont sell it as a casual player issue, those dont care, the only players that will lose the ~10% DPS advantage are those who are crying.
    Last edited by Ange; 2022-01-09 at 09:36 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What do you think attunements and resist gear was in the past? You literally could not progress past Mother in Black Temple unless your entire raid had the proper shadow resist gear. That took time to get the Hearts required to craft sets for your guild.
    Agree, and they got removed over time. Only lately similarstuff has been implemented as a retention mechanism.

We slowly got away from farms for the same of farming. The game was different back ago and things like this weren't unusual, but now the playerbase is much less inclined to partake in this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I still have no idea what people "grinded" for dom shards.

You got everything passively just by...doing the raid.
    Well, for some people everything above "login, get all rewards without effort, log out" is grind

Ok, we are used to Blizzard invalidating content from one xpac to the next.

Now they tune it up a notch by invalidating gear/content from one patch to another. That is creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Not at all. Shards were a stupid idea (almost stupider than corruption in BFA) with even worse implementation and the sooner they die the better.
    I still don't understand why they would implement something like this in a middle tier, knowing they will have to disable it for next tier of the same expansion lest they have issues with ilvl vs has socket.

That being said, what do we do now with them? Throw them out? Fill the bank with them in case they would be useful later on to cheese something in some timewalking thing?

These should have never functioned whatsoever out of the current raid to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    To people wondering why they remove them, y'all want to have 5 pieces of Dom gear + 4 tier sets + 2 leggos on you in 9.2? These ain't 8.2 Essences that you just slot in your neck. And that's good, because you wont have to do any previous patch farming in 9.2. Dom gear might sucked, but removing them in next patch is best decision.

Hell, I was glad when they finally let me trash the damn things. Before, they just filled up my bank doing squat.

Glad and logic that they remove it,
    The problem with domination shard is/was not the sistem itself, but how u Acquire and upgrade the shard ONLY in raid!
    A good system (like 9.2 tier sets) must be aviable by all end game content, Raid/M+/PVP with the same time/skill required.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is wrong with you people that this is something to complain about? I know shitting on Blizzard is the thing cool kids do, but you have plenty to shit on them for without manufacturing outrage over this crap.

No one liked Shards. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could guess they wouldn't work going forward because it would force you to farm previous tier gear. Historically speaking, most of the time they went back and nerfed previous tier sets and trinkets when a new raid came out to avoid the exact same scenario.

People complaining that their grind went to waste? What grind? You got your Shards by just clearing the raid like you normally would. No effort involved. You didn't even have to grind for the Chisel to remove Shards from your gear, it was a one time purchase for 2.5k Stygia that you never had to worry about ever again. It was literally the most passive system you could have - get everything from your regular raiding activitities. At worst you'd have to accumulate Stygian Embers to upgrade the Shards on the vendor, but even that is gained passively from just doing normal in-game activities you would be doing anyway.

Or what, did you just want the currency mailed to you on login so you can raid log like in Classic?

The absolute state of the MMORPG "community".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Again, dps shards give % increase. You would have to wear at least one probably two until the end of Shadowlands for max damage. Do you really want that? Do you want to go back and farm SoD with every new char you happen to level?
    You're telling me you want to stay on the same raid for a whole year or more then ? It's a great way to be bored fast.

But no, I wasn't saying I want to go back and farm SoD with all my toons. I was saying that shards should be a good option until you get a tier set since people spent time farming them. Having the tierset disabling them or something like that could have been a good option, instead of simply erasing your progression in the next tier of content.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    What do you think tier sets were/are?
    Sets continued to work throughout the entire expansion and some were indeed used in furure raids. The fact blizz has to disable systems like this mid expansion imho shows lack of vision in the game. Something we will probably see more of in the near future given who is in charge of the game now.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2022-01-09 at 12:46 PM.

People are actually trying to defend keeping them active? That's trying a bit too hard to hate on blizzard, trying to justify a system that has been the worst implementation of any borrowed power in the game. Oh boy would i love to play an alt in 9.2 and go farm shards in sanctum yumyumyum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Instead they used to simply nerf overperforming set bonuses or trinkets into the ground if they were still BiS during the new patch. This has always happened, they don't want people to keep farming SoD when Sepulcher is current.
    Do you honestly not see the difference between nerfing something a bit and just flat out disabling them? Not to mention that there were quite a few occasions where you'd be using the previous tier 2p bonuses well into the next tier.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-01-09 at 12:55 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people complaining so hard yo.

are you really going to be wearing your 246 domination socked gear over whatever 270~ ilvl heroic tier set gear you will be wearging next patch? It would have become irrelevant either way, disabled or not.

People are missing the point. Its not about the fact that you're losing the shards. Its that borrowed power has gotten so out of control that it now has to be invalidated from patch to patch instead of even lasting a whole expansion. Borrowed power over actual class balance/changes is a big reason people soured on wow in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    People are missing the point. Its not about the fact that you're losing the shards. Its that borrowed power has gotten so out of control that it now has to be invalidated from patch to patch instead of even lasting a whole expansion. Borrowed power over actual class balance/changes is a big reason people soured on wow in the first place.
    They technically didn't nerf them but they either had to invalidate tier sets through ilvl creep or nerf the bonus outright to keep people from using the more op tier. If you want to complain about borrowed power, set bonuses are the original form of it. The thing about shards is that the bonuses were so big that they had to have the larger shard set bonuses inactive in certain areas. It's one of the problems without having the shards themselves carry stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people that this is something to complain about? I know shitting on Blizzard is the thing cool kids do, but you have plenty to shit on them for without manufacturing outrage over this crap.

No one liked Shards. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could guess they wouldn't work going forward because it would force you to farm previous tier gear. Historically speaking, most of the time they went back and nerfed previous tier sets and trinkets when a new raid came out to avoid the exact same scenario.

People complaining that their grind went to waste? What grind? You got your Shards by just clearing the raid like you normally would. No effort involved. You didn't even have to grind for the Chisel to remove Shards from your gear, it was a one time purchase for 2.5k Stygia that you never had to worry about ever again. It was literally the most passive system you could have - get everything from your regular raiding activitities. At worst you'd have to accumulate Stygian Embers to upgrade the Shards on the vendor, but even that is gained passively from just doing normal in-game activities you would be doing anyway.

Or what, did you just want the currency mailed to you on login so you can raid log like in Classic?

The absolute state of the MMORPG "community".
    This is the same effect as telling people “when you walk into the new raid, we are going to downgrade your gear because that makes balance easier for us.”

Some of you will defend ANYTHING Blizzard does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    Why are people complaining so hard yo.

are you really going to be wearing your 246 domination socked gear over whatever 270~ ilvl heroic tier set gear you will be wearging next patch? It would have become irrelevant either way, disabled or not.
    It would become irrelevant as you got new, better gear. You wouldn’t become less powerful just for instancing into the raid, which is what is going to happen here.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Some of you will defend ANYTHING Blizzard does.
    No, some of us do realize that the alternative of shards being active is a lot worse than the temporary power loss by deactivating them.