Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hmmm yes often kids in western stories

Unforgiven, True grit, lots of movies, usually not more than two though
    Should just have been the girl, not 3 more no-name bikers..

One of the most famous from the wild west..
    http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/fact_vs_myth.htm

Myth: There were wanted posters on Billy the Kid.
    Fact: There were never any “Wanted” posters on Billy the Kid. The closest thing to a wanted poster was a reward notice the governor put in the Las Vegas Gazette in December of 1880. Which read:
    BILLY THE KID
    $500 Reward
    I will pay $500 reward to any person or persons
    who will capture William Bonny, alias The Kid, and
    deliver him to any sheriff of New Mexico.
    Satisfactory proofs of identity will be required.

(No that's not a typo error, Bonney was indeed spelled incorrectly)
    So the poster which some of you may have seen which describes Billy the Kid as being 5' 3'' 120lbs with a posted reward for $5,000 dollars to be delivered to Sheriff James Dalton, is not only inaccurate, but never existed. There is also a funeral notice poster which is also a fake. Both are nothing more than souvenirs.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Also, the Rancor(?) whatever the beast was called scene gave me some weird vibes, i was always thinking he would get up and try to devour Boba, him mounting the beast will be badass in the future.
    I expect he's gonna end up riding that thing around the streets to boost his 'crimelords don't walk' street cred.

Another bad eposiode, the mandatory Arrow flashback, and the biker gang that look like they came from a CW scifi show. Usually Dave Filoni is really good with characters but in this show I could't give a shit about any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nice summary of why I probably wont bother with this show.

They had a good thing going with season 1 Mando, and naturally they got greedy in season 2 with expanding the universe again to Jedi and now Boba fett and more spin offs to come.
    Season 2 is better than Season 1 by a country mile. The universe had already been expanded in Season 1 to Jedi anyway in the finale.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the series. Temuera Morrison's a great physical actor, even showing his age, and still has a nasty, snappy edge to his movements when he wants to sell being violent. I thought the fire haka or whatever you want to call it at the end of episode 2 was cool, and made more believable with some of the more idiosyncratic, less specifically 'fighty' moves, like that stalking walk they do. I thought the 'kid gang' in episode 3 was funny, and kind of made sense with their awkward overfixation on their style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clearer: my problem is in no way with the fact they're cyborgs - that is (as you say) totally in line with SW canon.

It's more that the way they look, colors and costumes and all, kind of clashes with the rest of the aesthetic in this series for me.
    I thought it made sense in the context. I don't know about you guys, but growing up in the grimy rustbelt, there's always some kid showing up in the parking lot of some depressed mini-mall with like, a neon green honda civic with a giant spoiler, lights underneath, and wearing some hilariously trying to hard outfit. The cyborg kids are those guys.

Also hoping that the Tusken warrior lady survived the massacre and shows up again. She's cool.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2022-01-13 at 06:04 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Also hoping that the Tusken warrior lady survived the massacre and shows up again. She's cool.
    Maybe she'll meet tribal leaders n get them angry for revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I know he is annoying, but he notices a lot of stuff, n stuff

I've watched emergecy awsome since like the first flash season aired.

But honestly, When i found Screen crush and New rockstars (Around the time The boys S2/Mando S2 came out) , I thought both of them handled the episode breakdowns a lot better.
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2022-01-13 at 07:14 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Seems highly likely to me. They made it a point to show - directly or indirectly - all of the distinguishable Tusken from that tribe; EXCEPT that one.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the series. Temuera Morrison's a great physical actor, even showing his age, and still has a nasty, snappy edge to his movements when he wants to sell being violent. I thought the fire haka or whatever you want to call it at the end of episode 2 was cool, and made more believable with some of the more idiosyncratic, less specifically 'fighty' moves, like that stalking walk they do. I thought the 'kid gang' in episode 3 was funny, and kind of made sense with their awkward overfixation on their style.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it made sense in the context. I don't know about you guys, but growing up in the grimy rustbelt, there's always some kid showing up in the parking lot of some depressed mini-mall with like, a neon green honda civic with a giant spoiler, lights underneath, and wearing some hilariously trying to hard outfit. The cyborg kids are those guys.

Agree with all of this. Morrison has done great. And yes, the point of the bikers I think is to contrast the rest of the dust belt aesthetic. These are the 'cool cats'. Also, for people crying about the show trying to shoehorn in wokeness. Boba actually did the most bootstrap think you can do.

He told them to work since what they were complaining about what was not having work. He gave them jobs jobs jobs.

I really don't get how people think him recruiting a bunch of troublemakers with idle hands is somehow "woke". That's EXACTLY what a smart, newly minted crime lord would do. Heck that's what gangs do IRL - get all the kids who hang out at corners. You build your network from the ground up. There's nothing "woke" about that, it's completely standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The speeders remind me of choppers. Also Tatooine isn't some post apoc wasteland where everything is brown. It's modeled after western North American towns. You ever seen a Western film when they go into the cities, especially the bars and brothels? Very colorful. You ever seen a Mexican street market? The colors are not out place at all.

Desert towns are not just hues of brown, muted greens, and sand. Actually the Fast and Furious clip takes place in S Cali, which is a lot of desert. Many parts of the American southwest really isn't too far from Mos Eisley and and Mos Espa. Take away the surburban architecture and asphalt roads and you have something.
    What is the water for that they stole? Not drinking? Wash down their Vespas from the dust? They seem to wash their clothes a lot, shower a lot too prob

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get how people think him recruiting a bunch of troublemakers with idle hands is somehow "woke". That's EXACTLY what a smart, newly minted crime lord would do. Heck that's what gangs do IRL - get all the kids who hang out at corners. You build your network from the ground up. There's nothing "woke" about that, it's completely standard.
    That's not it. That's perfectly fine for a crime lord to recruit kids to do the crime.

It's the kids, their philosophy, and the fact that Boba didn't recruit them to do crime - he gave them jobs, the lack of which has caused them to steal water, cybernetics, fine clothes (regular laundry), and their bikes.
    And they just ROLLED with it. Yay, jobs!

It was cheesy and cringy. But that's Rodriguez.

As for the whole cybernetics angle. In Star Wars cybernetics were always installed as a replacement of a damaged body part or as per the job requirement. Only creeps intentionally went cybernetics on themselves. Because being more of a machine than sentient was frowned upon. So if you saw someone with cybernetics you knew there's a funny story involved like "My father chopped it off with his lightsaber"

These younglings did it intentionally and it was presented as cool. That's woke transhumanism.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's not it. That's perfectly fine for a crime lord to recruit kids to do the crime.

It's the kids, their philosophy, and the fact that Boba didn't recruit them to do crime - he gave them jobs, the lack of which has caused them to steal water, cybernetics, fine clothes (regular laundry), and their bikes.
    And they just ROLLED with it. Yay, jobs!

It was cheesy and cringy. But that's Rodriguez.

As for the whole cybernetics angle. In Star Wars cybernetics were always installed as a replacement of a damaged body part or as per the job requirement. Only creeps intentionally went cybernetics on themselves. Because being more of a machine than sentient was frowned upon. So if you saw someone with cybernetics you knew there's a funny story involved like "My father chopped it off with his lightsaber"

These younglings did it intentionally and it was presented as cool. That's woke transhumanism.

I've read and watched a lot of star wars. Never seen or heard of this.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Really?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It's the kids, their philosophy, and the fact that Boba didn't recruit them to do crime - he gave them jobs
    I mean, "jobs". They're working for a crime lord, and almost immediately got into both a violent assault and a reckless chase, and are now working as spies. That's not exactly a crime-free existence, just because he called it "job" doesn't mean it's a 9-to-5 at the local office.

It was cheesy and cringy.
    Absolutely. But it's not "woke".

That's just egregious use of "woke". SW has a long history of people getting cybernetic enhancements and not just prosthetics. There's stuff going back years of underworld characters wanting to be more badass by getting enhancements. Heck there's even force users who did it. This isn't something that this show invented.

Because it's not true.

Really?
    Didn't realise Darth Vader was the ONLY person with cybernetic implants in the entire canon.

He's twisted and evil because he's a Sith Lord, not because he's got fucking cybernetic implants.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2022-01-13 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He's twisted and evil because he's a Sith Lord, not because he's got fucking cybernetic implants.
    And even IF that was so, "he is twisted and evil because he has implants" does in no way lead to "therefore implants are seen as evil and twisted in SW in general".

10+ Year Old Account
    Really?
    He is talking about Darth Vader. A person we all know turned evil and twisted before becoming more machine than man. that isn't saying what you think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, "jobs". They're working for a crime lord, and almost immediately got into both a violent assault and a reckless chase, and are now working as spies. That's not exactly a crime-free existence, just because he called it "job" doesn't mean it's a 9-to-5 at the local office.
    But they only stole the water because they had no jobs and the evil capitalist raised the prices. Boba accused them of CRIMINAL activity and then regulated the water price.
    And even IF that was so, "he is twisted and evil because he has implants" does in no way lead to "therefore implants are seen as evil and twisted in SW in general".
    I didn't say that. Turning oneself into a machine is seen as a negative. Doesn't necessarily mean evil. unless the English language changed the meaning of "frown" to "see evil"

- - - Updated - - -

He is talking about Darth Vader. A person we all know turned evil and twisted before becoming more machine than man. that isn't saying what you think it is.
    You really should go rewatch all the star wars then because the first 6 episodes are about that

But they only stole the water because they had no jobs and the evil capitalist raised the prices. Boba accused them of CRIMINAL activity and then regulated the water price.

I didn't say that. Turning oneself into a machine is seen as a negative. Doesn't necessarily mean evil. unless the English language changed the meaning of "frown" to "see evil"
    1. The water was at a dumb ass price. Boba is the daimyo. He regulated the price rightly so, for the benefit of all.
    2. The kids resorted to crime because they wanted to fuck around with the dickhead price gouging water.
    3. They then were offered work, they took it. If Boba Fett offered me a job, I would take it too.
    4. Luke and Anakin both had cybernetic augmentation done for chopped off hands. They weren't seen as negative.
    5. The only information you're going on to say it's negative is on the say so of the dickhead price gouging water.
    6. The whole point of that sequence is that he's a prejudiced cuckwad. He's not a reliable source of information.
    7. Obi-Wan is calling Darth Vader twisted and evil, because he's fucking twisted and evil. He refers to him as 'more machine than man' almost in a way of convincing Luke that Anakin is now incapable of reason because he has no humanity left in him. But it's a turn of phrase more than 'let me hang my hat on this one sentence as a denouncement of all cyborgs'. Because we all know that Anakin became incapable of reason when he turned to the dark side, not because he became a 'machine'.
    8. Going back to the water price gouging. If you have an issue with the demonisation of price gouging, that's a you issue. No one likes price gouging.