Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Does anyone think Dragon Isles ISN'T next?

Genuinely curious if anyone on this forum thinks Dragon Isles isn't next.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got this nagging fear it's Emerald Dream and/or "Lifelands" instead.

But if it's not that.... I mean it's something dragon-related and there aren't many new places like that. Heck not many old places either except Dragonblight.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Makes no sense at all story wise, but I would have said the same thing if you told me we were going to go to the realm of the dead too. That's not going to stop them.
    I don't really care where the expansion takes place honestly.
    All I care about is the actual content, and the "dragon isles" does sound like it might have some really good content potentials.

I would much rather just see a recommitment to azeroth though, so no matter what the max level content is, I hope that we can see this.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Makes no sense at all story wise
    Someone posted/"leaked" the idea that we need something from there to heal Azeroth after being drained during the final Shadowlands raid fight, and that seems like a plausible/not overly terrible reason to go there.

As far as I am aware, I have never, not once, seen an accurately predicted expansion. I don't think anyone saw Wrath coming, or Cata, definitely not MoP, also definitely not Wod, Legion kinda cause of WoD ending, not BfA (at least the direction it took), and definitely not Shadowlands.

I'll be more surprised if it is Dragon Isles than if it's not.

Edit: Alright! I get it. Every expansion ever has been leaked. No one believed them. The next one's probably already leaked too. Ya'll can stop telling me how wrong I am, lol.
    Last edited by Nynax; 2022-01-18 at 09:36 PM.

I know there's a certain someone who thinks we're going to Undermine. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think its as likely as any of the other expansion ideas with a basis in existing lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I do not think that is the next expansion. It is too perfect...too great an idea...Blizzard could never come through with such a fantastic concept. It is beyond their ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    As far as I am aware, I have never, not once, seen an accurately predicted expansion. I don't think anyone saw Wrath coming, or Cata, definitely not MoP, also definitely not Wod, Legion kinda cause of WoD ending, not BfA (at least the direction it took), and definitely not Shadowlands.

Actually, mop absolutely was predicted, and every time it was, it was laughed off the forum as a ridiculous idea - furries in wow? i dont bloody think so!. There were somewhat accurate leaks / predictions for every expansion since Cata, including cata itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I mean its been predicted since tbc? I kinda doubt it since dragons really dont have a lot of lore left... that said I would take it over some emerald dream thing.

I don't think it was intended but I think they are hoping dragons will bring people back...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I'm hoping that dragons and light vs void aren't next. The first half of the WoW storyline was heavily dragon centric and I didn't find them very interesting. The void lords are bleh, and the "akshually Light is not good!" thing that has been going on since 2016 is awful.

Obviously the wow StarCraft crossover Ive predicted for years

huh?is this suposed to be sarcasm?literaly every expansion has been leaked to some degree with wrath being leaked with 99% accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I don't think it was intended but I think they are hoping dragons will bring people back...
    Its the ONLY thing that could......

You haven't looked very closely then.

One I know for a fact was leaked was WoD when they found the file named IronHorde. That was way before it came out too iirc.

The WoD expansion was leaked, and not a single person believed it lol

"Garrosh escapes and we follow him back in time to fight Grommash and his Iron Horde" I wouldn't have believed that shit either lol

An infinite drsgonflight cwntric expansion would be fun. An expansion with a bunch of friendly dragons who basically left us to deal with azeroths mortal threats would make no sense... where were they during Legion... why should we care about reinvigorsting the dragonflights numbers after proving we're okay without them, but yeah it seems blizz style to write motive in the same expansion it is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    The WoD expansion was leaked, and not a single person believed it lol

"Garrosh escapes and we follow him back in time to fight Grommash and his Iron Horde" I wouldn't have believed that shit either lol
    Initialy it was going to be zombies actualy,but it was changed,and wile that sounds worse at first....it would have actualy been much better than the bullshit ''one kiljaeden but infinite velens'' crap we got

They're going to bring it back to Azeroth after all the cosmic stuff. To me, that means new continent, or perhaps some sort of World Reforged expansion, where the updated zones are also the max level zones. So, Dragon Isles is a pretty safe bet.