Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of the old bonus roll and badge vendor, they're really !"#¤ing players with all this boring timegate stuff in every aspect of the game - and the chest and vault makes little sense from an rpg perspective imo, just like OP writes, you do a task and the following week there's magically some loot that's appeared and somehow related to that task? what?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelldor View Post
    I think the vault system is a step in the right direct direction, and a step up from the Chests we had in BFA. It's kind of like the Wii-U. BFA chests were the Wii, SL Vault is the Wii-U, and hopefully whatever evolution we get in the next expansion is the Nintendo Switch of weekly loot.
    its a step in the right direction for people that have jobs / lives, its a step in the wrong direction for hardcore players who want to flex what they have earnt because there is nothing to flex because everyone has the same gear handed to them on a plate, hence......the masses leaving the game because its not fulfilling.

You guys cry for easier loot without realising its that exact reason why wow has died so hard in shadowlands. blizzard made it WAY too easy to obtain gear to accommadate casuals, which screwed everyone that plays more than a casual hence all the quits.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    When it is pointed out that means you simply overpowered a boss you were not actually capable of defeating without boosted gear, its always the same "nono, tf only gave us the TINY edge we needed to defeat the boss, its not even that powerful!" ok, so that means you must have had multiple 1-2% wipes - this is something that can easily be defeated by improving as players, with practice, effort, and time.
    Almost every boss kill in WoW is "overpowering it". Very few people are actually capable of killing a boss with the worst gear possible (how to even define/measure it?) - people who parse orange/pink; everybody else is "overpowering it", and that's a vast, VAST majority of players. So you can kill it with worse gear than somebody with TF? Kudos to you, but you're prolly overpowering it too.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-01-17 at 03:58 PM.

The Vault system is better than any Weekly Chest we have had. Generally loot has been better in SL compared to the loot fiestas in BfA and Legion. I wish it was like it was in 9.0 though. Now its kinda bloated. One reason why I uninstalled. Listening way to much to the people that wants no effort but lots of rewarding.

So, 9.1.5 was a mess unfortunately. There is no character progression anymore, and with the direction they are going in, 10.0 is going to be even more raid logging and no effort needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    If there was anything that would make me resub it would be Blizz dialing back on the RNG.
    They already did in SL compared to previous expansions.

So maybe your wishes gets fulfilled in 10.0. I am crossing fingers for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    At the moment it's just an alternative to bonus rolls that covers a wider spectrum of the game. I'm fine with it as-is thanks to the current droprates being acceptable.
    At least with bonus rolls you hit the button right after you killed a boss rather than waiting 6 days for the result.

I don't know, I think it makes everything feel very detached from your actual activities in a weird way. No other MMOs do this that I'm aware of.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    At least with bonus rolls you hit the button right after you killed a boss rather than waiting 6 days for the result.
    I don't know, I think it makes everything feel very detached from your actual activities in a weird way. No other MMOs do this that I'm aware of.
    If memory serves me well, most bonus rolls were a disappointment anyway.
    I'd like a system that lets me pick one (or more?) boss/bosses per week - and when I kill it, it increases my chances of getting loot from it by a certain % on every next kill (resets when I get any kind of loot from it). You could pick the same boss/bosses every week to increase the chance even more, up to 100%, or different boss/bosses to simply have a bigger chance of looting anything at all.

Current system is punishing for anyone chasing a certain item, which is exacerbated every time a class gets something special, like the Sylvanas bow atm. The amount of hunters trying to get into Sylvanas groups is just crazy; I honestly feel for them, because the bow seems to have a low drop chance (I almost never see it).
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-01-17 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Almost every boss kill in WoW is "overpowering it". Very few people are actually capable of killing a boss with the worst gear possible (how to even define/measure it?) - people who parse orange/pink; everybody else is "overpowering it", and that's a vast, VAST majority of players. So you can kill it with worse gear than somebody with TF? Kudos to you, but you're prolly overpowering it too.
    When you need/use mythic quality gear to defeat a normal mode boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    M+ needs to, at the top end, reward the best gear (or close to it) you can get for clearing M+. If it doesn't you force people who want to excel at it to do other content to get the best gear, comparable to how PVPers always rebel when the best pvp gear drops in raids.

252 gear in 9.1 is *perfectly fine* for M+, because 252 gear isn't the best gear to clear the other two types of content - raids and pvp. PVP gear gives +ilvl in PVP, while Sanctum gear have the all-important domination sockets, which you can't get in M+.

In fact, in 9.1 the unfairness goes the other way, as the premium gear for clearing M+ is sanctum gear with 5 shards. This is balanced out by 252 being easier to get in M+, which isn't ideal. But the solution is not to nerf M+ gear.
    I completely understand that M+ needs to drop random 252 ilvl to keep it alive.

And I meant that +15 difficulty(even not-timing it) isn't as hard as mythic raiding, while mythic raiding isn't giving better gear(I mean certain slots, eg. trinkets), M+ is dropping BIS gear for both of the content(M+ and Raiding).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    while mythic raiding isn't giving better gear

This is false. Mythic raiding is the only way to get ilvl 259 gear for PvE. The top M+ pushers have a third to half their gear coming from the last 2 Mythic bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesePieces View Post
    This is false. Mythic raiding is the only way to get ilvl 259 gear for PvE. The top M+ pushers have a third to half their gear coming from the last 2 Mythic bosses.
    Read the whole comment - certain slots. For example - M+ is dropping BIS trinket for rogues and that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    When you need/use mythic quality gear to defeat a normal mode boss.
    That's not the point. Doing a normal boss with mythic gear is overpowering it by a lot, but that doesn't change the fact that most people - bar the best ones - "overpower it" too. By less, but they still do. And suddenly you decide overpowering it with TF gear is not fine, but overpowering it with non-TF gear is fine? Why is that? What is the exact margin of overpowering it when it's still fine and when it's not? There's none. Overpowering bosses with ilvl is the nature of this game. If it wasn't, the game would simply scale all the gear to the chosen difficulty (a la Mage Tower). You putting a boundary of "acceptable overpower" here or there is completely arbitrary.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-01-17 at 09:12 PM.

Just have TF & WF gear drop from m+ dungeons from lvl 15 keys and above dungeons.

By unfairness I meant the situation where people are getting mythic raid ilvl items by doing something which is much easier.
    I don't think that people should be getting higher ilvl items than the content they're doing. For example - 252 ilvl gear from +15(vault), while it drops 236ilvl gear.
    Why? Why does it matter to you? You're also getting that same gear?
    Its a natural way of nerfing content without really letting the player know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I wish it was like it was in 9.0 though. Now its kinda bloated. One reason why I uninstalled. Listening way to much to the people that wants no effort but lots of !
    I'm 100% certain you never raided castle or only lfr...
    Because the loot at launch was just whack... Going two full clears without loot drops(20 bosses) for multiple raid members was anything but fun...

Read the whole comment - certain slots. For example - M+ is dropping BIS trinket for rogues and that's a fact.
    You were glossing over the fact that ilvl 259 is not attainable through M+ for ANY slots and pointing out that a few M+ trinkets happen to be BiS for certain specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You putting a boundary of "acceptable overpower" here or there is completely arbitrary.
    Exactly.

FFXIV devs understands that casual players don't want to ALWAYS be behind the power curve. Every .5 patch they update the Tomestone system where you can upgrade gear to the maximum item level equivalent to what the Savage Raiders got in the .0 patch.

Basically the first half of the patch they let the raiders gear themselves out and then last half the casual players can catch up. But it's not a half-assed catch up. They can get the exact same ilvl as Savage Raid ilvl.

WoW has never taken this approach, and it's one of the many factors that has pushed people to FFXIV.

No I hate it as well as every iteration before it. The gearing system has become so convoluted and controlled in WoW that it just instantly puts me off. Being forced to do content you may not even want to do just to get the best "potential chance" at a reward on a timed interval reeks of sleaze.

Most other games don't do anything like this at all, and for good reason. Its a controlled lottery.

Much preferred when loot came directly from content and crafting. Most good games do it this way, and trust their product is good enough to keep people playing. I don't need to constantly be getting better gear in pvp as an example to enjoy it. I want to spend 6 months with the best gear competing in skill with other players.

I have gone months without any rewards in older WoW and other mmos and been fine with it. I don't need an endless gear treadmill. Unfortunately that seems to be ALL current WoW is about. Well that and endless system grinds that all resets to zero the second you get close to mastering it.

Current WoW is a scam.

It's terrible because at the start of a patch you get to choose "Do you want to PvP or PvE", if you pick a 252 M+ item for example you miss out on a pvp piece, that's fine now though when there is no conquest cap but honestly blizzard are really out of touch when it comes to the weekly chest aswell as gearing overall (:

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I'm 100% certain you never raided castle or only lfr...
    Because the loot at launch was just whack... Going two full clears without loot drops(20 bosses) for multiple raid members was anything but fun...
    I am 100% certain that you dont know anything about me. I do know a thing about you though reading this.

I raid heroic. Well raided. I did CN the whole of 9.0 because that raid was great. Loot was like it was back in TBC. It wasnt whack. It was just less than it was in BfA. Which is a good thing. It just felt more rewarding. And I call bs on that multiple got no loot in several clears. I had guildies say the same thing. I checked the log, and they got loot. It just wasnt an upgrade for them. Because, even if the raid loot was scarce just like raids in TBC, we have the GV, m+ and PvP that all give competive loot. Still too much imo.

I didn't mind blizz increasing the amount with 1 piece per 20 that they did in 9.0.5. But it was so much better feeling that gear actually matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I am 100% certain that you dont know anything about me. I do know a thing about you though reading this.

I raid heroic. Well raided. I did CN the whole of 9.0 because that raid was great. Loot was like it was back in TBC. It wasnt whack. It was just less than it was in BfA. Which is a good thing. It just felt more rewarding. And I call bs on that multiple got no loot in several clears. I had guildies say the same thing. I checked the log, and they got loot. It just wasnt an upgrade for them. Because, even if the raid loot was scarce just like raids in TBC, we have the GV, m+ and PvP that all give competive loot. Still too much imo.

I didn't mind blizz increasing the amount with 1 piece per 20 that they did in 9.0.5. But it was so much better feeling that gear actually matter again.
    did you quit? cus i hope you don't play and don't intend to come back cus CN loot was absolute dogshit.

please just play classic

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think the vault is fine for raids, but not mythic+.

A raid takes like 2-3 hours to clear. 10 mythic+ are gonna take you north of 6 hours to get. Also, pugging is a nightmare in mythic+ cause one person leaving means a wasted run. A bad run can take upwards of 40m, etc.
    This clown probably compared Heroic raid with pug M+15.

Quote Originally Posted by ReesePieces View Post
    Basically the first half of the patch they let the raiders gear themselves out and then last half the casual players can catch up. But it's not a half-assed catch up. They can get the exact same ilvl as Savage Raid ilvl.

The hell are you smoking? Casual can easily get Mythic raid quality gear by just slowly do +15, you don't even have to wait for the next patch for it.

WOW is like 5 times more casual friendly than FFXIV.
    Last edited by Arcreid; 2022-01-18 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    did you quit? cus i hope you don't play and don't intend to come back cus CN loot was absolute dogshit.

please just play classic
    Never really played classic, cause its dogshit. TBC I just did back when it was current, I dont really go back in time.