Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    yes, I think trump will win again. and if not, then whatever, because we're definitely going to get a republican president. there are wilder people than trump in that regard. give me a tucker carlson-like figure over trump in office any day.

biden was just an all-around disaster in every respect. if i want a leftist politician in office again, i'd look after obama, he was charismatic as hell
    Going to be pretty fucking hard to run from a fucking prison cell.

- - - Updated - - -

dude, that's how it is with biden everywhere.

Guarantee they are either dumbass Republicans parroting Fox News, or fucking Russian bots. They are almost as ignorant of reality, as you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The one real complaint there was about "empty shelves".

Surprising to see Republicans reject capitalism. Because that's what emptied those shelves. Capitalism. Not Biden. Failing to understand that makes you a sucker.
    And the shelves aren't empty, but I guarantee they didn't complain when they were actually empty when Covid first started.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The right-of-center pundits, politicians, and institutions gave a pretty united laugh at this Psaki vid. Mad that Dem leadership couldn't cajole enough people to drop the filibuster for this? Have a margarita and do some kickboxing.

More like the kind of advice you give someone when they just got dumped.

Left unsaid: What the continuation of fighting looks like after the booze and exercise. Is there anything short of picking up more Senate seats and holding the House that would change a damn thing? It doesn't look like Sinema or Manchin is open to being persuaded on the filibuster. Democrats have been using every bit of bluster they had to try to change their perspective, up to and including accusing them of being like George Wallace, Jefferson Davis, and Bull Connor.

It all sounds like fan service. In pushing two failed bills, they signaled to progressives that they tried their best with what they had, and got the problematic Democrats on record opposing it. McConnell should be pleased that moderate Dems that ran on bucking their party and charting a middle road were forced to vote on the filibuster, and must defend that vote in an election.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    but i've seen posters here even admit biden has 0/10 charisma as a fault
    You don't have the slightest idea what charisma even is. Besides, 0 charisma? Please, even an ochre jelly has a charisma of 1.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And the shelves aren't empty, but I guarantee they didn't complain when they were actually empty when Covid first started.
    Umm, this is total misinformation. A lot of shelves ARE empty but it's almost all domestic product such as meat and dairy. It's almost like Covid and Covid denial is fucking up the domestic supply chain in america.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Umm, this is total misinformation. A lot of shelves ARE empty but it's almost all domestic product such as meat and dairy. It's almost like Covid and Covid denial is fucking up the domestic supply chain in america.
    I have seen a lot of people claim this, but no one has demonstrated it. At least not since the start of the pandemic, when they literally limited cleaning products, toilet paper, and canned goods.

i posted a lot of screencaps lately, any more would probably be considered spam.

also, i thought charisma was the only thing trump had going for him in the eyes of even his biggest detractors? The ability to rally the masses.
    Trump doesn't have charisma per say just the ability to keep your attention basically he did the reality show thing as candidate and president. He kept trying to one up himself to get and keep attention, his fans loved the fact that he triggered the libs not much else.

Food shelves haven't been empty where I live other than right before storms when people buy all the bread at once. There hasn't been a day when I couldn't go to a local store and get whatever regular goods I want or go online and get odd things that stores don't carry. Always plenty of meat, dairy, and everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Food shelves haven't been empty where I live other than right before storms when people buy all the bread at once. There hasn't been a day when I couldn't go to a local store and get whatever regular goods I want or go online and get odd things that stores don't carry. Always plenty of meat, dairy, and everything else.
    I wonder if anyone's done any analysis of shortages regarding state/regional discrepancies. Be interesting to see if there's any correlation to be drawn between shortages and which party's in power. Wouldn't shock me terribly if awful Republican policies at the state/municipal level were leading to local shortages which they were desperately trying to blame on federal action.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I have seen a lot of people claim this, but no one has demonstrated it. At least not since the start of the pandemic, when they literally limited cleaning products, toilet paper, and canned goods.
    My local groceries are still running out of paper products and Gatorade for some examples.

I mean everyone knows Biden is doing a shit job. Now, why he's doing a shit job is a nuanced conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I mean everyone knows Biden is doing a shit job. Now, why he's doing a shit job is a nuanced conversation.
    It isn't because of Biden or Democrats. There is a reason that Democratic Presidents create more jobs and lower unemployment better than Republicans. Republicans always destroy the Economy, Democrats fix it.

Is it though? Seems like two actual DINOs and Republicans is the answer to why, once again Rs are obstructing everything while making everything worse. It's their usual plan of "Look! Dems can't fix things, you should let us make it worse for no reason!" while they sprinkle in fear and racism.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I had said way early in Biden's reign that he was doing a terrible job and people disagreed. Now we're on the verge of war and people are starting to think.. maybe the people who disagree with Biden were right!! Don't feed echo chambers on any sides of the spectrum.

Inflation
    Inner administration problems
    broken promises
    no student debt waved
    marijuana still illegal across many states
    people are quitting their jobs
    pandemic is rising everyday
    democrat party is burning to the ground
    losing blue seats

kamala also turned out to be a terrible VP to my surprise. I liked her but she's an absolute bitch.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2022-01-24 at 02:07 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I had said way early in Biden's reign that he was doing a terrible job and people disagreed.
    As compared to who?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Inflation
    And that's his fault how?

Inner administration problems
    What does this mean? Compared to Trump's entire administration in some way performing illegal deeds or trying to perform a coup.....what's the problem?

broken promises
    That's the low hanging fruit of why a president is bad and can be used for every single one.

no student debt waved
    Thanks to Republicans

marijuana still illegal across many states
    What the hell?

people are quitting their jobs
    That has nothing to do with Biden

pandemic is rising everyday
    That has nothing to do with Biden

democrat party is burning to the ground
    losing blue seats
    Fuckin' what?

kamala also turned out to be a terrible VP to my surprise. I liked her but she's an absolute bitch.
    Name one "good" VP. What do they do again most of the time?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he, though?

Or is it just that the USA is a deeply broken and flawed system, whose government lacks basic checks and balances and standards of conduct?

I really dislike Biden; he's a neoliberal through and through, and his "good ole boy" smarm is precisely as insulting and deliberately distracting as Boris Johnson's "I'm such a doof" schtick. But drawing a direct line between Biden's Executive office and any of the real issues facing the nation right now is pretty near impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me a year all this gets through a (48+2)/50 Senate and I might not quite believe it.
    Something for everybody really. Except for political incels that dont like work or Margarita Fridays.

•1.9T American Rescue Plan
    •$1400 stimulus checks for adults, children, and adult dependents
    •1 year child tax credit expansion - $3600 0-5, $3000 6-17, removed income reqs and made fully refundable
    •One year EITC expansion

•$350 billion state and local aid
    •$130 billion for schools for safe reopening
    •$40 billion for higher ed, half of which must go to student aid
    •Extended $300 supplemental UI through September 2021
    •Expanded eligibility for extended UI to cover new categories

•Made $10,200 in UI from 2020 tax free
    •$1B for Head Start
    •$24B Childcare stabilization fund
    •$15B in low-income childcare grants
    •One Year Child and Dependent Care credit expansion
    •$46.5B in housing assistance, inc:
    •$21.5B rental assistance
    •$10B homeowner relief

•$5B for Sec 8 vouchers
    •$5B to fight homelessness
    •$5B for utilities assistance
    •Extended Eviction moratorium through Aug 2021 (SC struck down)
    •2 year ACA tax credit expansion and ending of subsidy cliff – expanded coverage to millions and cut costs for millions more

•100% COBRA subsidy through Sept 30th, 2021
    •6 month special enrollment period from Feb-Aug 2021
    •Required insurers to cover PrEP, an HIV prevention drug, including all clinical visits relating to it
    • Extended open enrollment from 45 to 76 days

•New year round special enrollment period for low income enrollees
    •Restored Navigator program to assist with ACA sign up
    •Removed separate billing requirement for ACA abortion coverage
    •Eliminated regulation that allows states to privatize their exchanges

•Eliminated all Medicaid work requirements
    •Permanently removed restriction on access to abortion pills by mail
    •Signed the Accelerating Access to Critical Therapies for ALS Act to fund increased ALS research and expedite access to experimental treatments

•Rescinded Mexico City Policy (global gag rule) which barred international non-profits from receiving US funding if they provided abortion counseling or referrals
    •Allowed states to extend coverage through Medicaid and CHIP to post-partum women for 1 year (up from 60 days)

•42 Lifetime Federal judges confirmed – most in 40 years
    •13 Circuit Court judges
    •29 District Court judges
    •Named first openly LBGTQ woman to sit on an appeals court, first Muslim American federal judge, and record number of black women and public defenders

•$1.2T infrastructure law, including $550B in new funding
    •$110B for roads and bridges
    •$66B for passenger and freight rail
    •$39B for public transit, plus $30.5B in public transit funds from ARP
    •$65B for grid expansion to build out grid for clean energy transmission

•$50B for climate resiliency
    •$21 for environmental remediation, incl. superfund cleanup and capping orphan wells
    •$7.5B for electric buses
    •$7.5B for electric charging stations
    •$55B for water and wastewater, including lead pipe removal
    •$65B for Affordable Broadband

•$25B for airports, plus $8B from ARP
    •$17B for ports and waterways
    •$1B in reconnecting communities
    •Rejoined the Paris Climate Accords
    50% emission reduction goal (2005 levels) by 2030

•EO instructing all federal agencies to implement climate change prevention measures
    •Ordered 100% carbon free electricity federal procurement by 2030
    •100% zero emission light vehicle procurement by 2027, all vehicles by 2035

•Net Zero federal building portfolio by 2045, 50% reduction by 2032
    •Net Zero federal procurement no later than 2050
    •Net zero emissions from federal operations by 2050, 65% reduction by 2030

•Finalized rule slashing the use of hydrofluorocarbons by 85% by 2036 – will slow temp rise by 0.5°C on it’s own.
    •Set new fuel efficiency standards for cars and light trucks, raising the requirement for 2026 from 43mpg to 55mpg.

•Protected Tongass National Forest, one of the world’s largest carbon sinks, from development, mining, and logging
    •Revoked Keystone XL permit
    •Used the CRA to reverse the Trump administration Methane rule, restoring stronger Obama era standards.

•EPA proposed new methane rule stricter than Obama rule, would reduce 41 million tons of methane emissions by 2035
    •Partnered with the EU to create the Global Methane Pledge, which over 100 countries have signed, to reduce methane emissions by 30% by 2030 from 2020 levels

•US-EU trade deal to reward clean steel and aluminum and penalize dirty production
    •Ended US funding for new coal and fossil fuel projects overseas, and prioritized funding towards clean energy projects
    •G7 partnership for “Build Back Better World” – to fund $100s of billions in climate friendly infrastructure in developing countries
    •Restoring California’s ability to set stricter climate requirements

•Signed EO on Climate Related Financial Risk that instructs rule making agencies to take climate change related risk into consideration when writing rules and regulations.
    •$100M for environmental justice initiatives
    •$1.1B for Everglades restoration
    •$100M for environmental justice initiatives
    •$1.1B for Everglades restoration
    •30 GW Offshore Wind Plan, incl:
    •Largest ever offshore wind lease sale in NY and NJ
    •Offshore wind lease sale in California
    •Expedited reviews of Offshore Wind Projects
    •$3B in DOE loans for offshore wind projects
    •$230M in port infrastructure for Offshore wind
    •Solar plan to reduce cost of solar by more than 50% by 2030 including $128M in funding to lower costs and improve performance of solar technology

•Multi-agency partnership to expedite clean energy projects on federal land
    •Instructed Dept of Energy to strengthen appliance efficiency rules
    •Finalized rule to prevent cheating on efficiency standards
    •Finalized rule to expedite appliance efficiency standards
    •Repealed Federal Architecture EO that made sustainable federal buildings harder to build
    •Reversed size cuts and restored protections to Bears Ears, Grand Staircase-Escalante, and Northeast Canyons and Seamounts Marine National Monuments
    •Restoring NEPA regulations to take into account climate change and environmental impacts in federal permitting
    •Extended public health emergency through at least April 15, 2022
    •$50B in funding for FEMA for COVID Disaster Relief including vaccine funding

•Set 100% FEMA reimbursement to states for COVID costs, retroactively to start of pandemic
    •$47.8B for testing
    •$1.75B for COVID genome sequencing
    •$8.5B to CDC for vaccines
    •$7.6B to state and local health depts
    •$7.6B to community health centers
    •$6B to Indian Health Services
    •$17B to the VA, including $1B to forgive veteran medical debt
    •$3B to address mental health and substance abuse
    •Over 500 million vaccine shots administered in a year
    •Established 90,000 free vaccination sites
    •Raised federal reimbursement from $23 to $40 per shot for vaccine sites
    •6000 troops deployed for initial vaccination
    •Cash incentives, free rides, and free childcare for initial vaccination drive
    •400 million vaccines donated internationally, 1.2 billion committed

•$2B contribution to COVAX for global vaccinations
    •Funded expansion of vaccine manufacturing in India and South Africa
    •Implemented vaccine mandate for federal employees, contractors, and employees at healthcare providers that receive Medicare/Medicaid funding.
    •Implemented vaccine/test mandate for large businesses (SC struck down)
    •Invoked DPA for testing, vaccine, PPE manufacturing
    •Federal mask mandate for federal buildings, federal employees, and public transportation
    •Implemented test requirement for international travel
    •Implemented joint FDA-NIH expedited process to approve at home tests more quickly
    •Over 20,000 free federal testing sites
    •8 at home tests per month required to be reimbursed by insurance
    •1B at home tests available for free by mail

•50M at home tests available free at community health centers
    •25M high quality reusable masks for low-income residents in early 2021
    •400M free N95 masks at pharmacies and health centers
    •Military medical teams deployed to help overburdened hospitals
    •Rejoined the WHO
    •Ended the ban on trans soldiers in the military
    •Reversed Trump admin limits on Bostock ruling and fully enforced it
    •Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ patients in •healthcare
    •Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ families in housing under the Fair Housing Act

•Prohibited discrimination against LGBTQ people in the financial system to access loans or credit
    •Justice Department declared that Title IX prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in education.
    •Revoked ban on Federal Diversity Training

•Instructed the VA to review its policies to remove barriers to care for trans veterans
    •First Senate confirmed LGBTQ Cabinet Secretary
    •First trans person confirmed by the Senate
    •Extended birthright citizenship to children of same sex couples born abroad

•State Department allows X gender marker on passport for non-binary Americans
    •Banned new contracts with private prisons for criminal prisons
    •Justice Department reestablished the use of consent degrees with police departments

•Pattern and Practice investigation into Phoenix, Louisville, and Minneapolis
    •Banned chokeholds and limited no-knock raids among federal law enforcement
    •Initiative to ban modern day redlining
    •Doubled DOJ Civil Rights Division staff

•Increase percentage of federal contract for small disadvantaged businesses from 5% to 15% ($100B in additional contracts over 5 years)
    •Sued TX and GA over voting laws. Sued TX over abortion law. Sued GA over prison abuse.
    •Signed law making Juneteenth a federal holiday

•Signed EO to use the federal government to improve voting access through federal programs and departments.
    •Signed COVID-19 Hate Crime Act, which made more resources available to support the reporting of hate crimes
    •Signed EO for diversity in the federal workplace

•Increased federal employment opportunities for previously incarcerated persons
    •Banned ghost guns
    •New regulations on pistol-stabilizing braces
    •First annual gun trafficking report in 20 years
    •New zero tolerance policy for gun dealers who willfully violate the law

•Signed COPS act, ensuring confidentiality for peer counseling for police officers
    •Signed Protecting America’s First Responders Act, expediting benefits for officers disabled in the line of duty
    •Signed bill making it a crime to harm US law enforcement overseas

•Student loan freeze through April 30th, 2022
    •Changed criteria so an additional 1.14M borrowers qualified for the loan pause (retroactively forgave interest and penalties)
    •Forgiven $11.5B in student loans for disabled students, students who were defrauded, and PSLF

•Fixed PSLF so that it is much easier for previous payments to apply. Determined that the paused months will apply to PSLF
    •Student loan debt forgiveness is tax free through 2025
    •Ended Border Wall emergency and cancelled all new border wall construction and contracts

•Repealed Trump’s Muslim Ban
    •Set FY 2022 refugee cap to 125,000, the highest in almost 30 years
    •Prohibiting ICE from conducting workplace raids
    •Family reunification taskforce to reunite separated families. Reunited over 100+ families and gave them status to stay in US

•Granted or extended TPS for Haitians, Venezuelans, Syrians, and Liberians
    •Lifted moratorium on green cards and immigrant visas
    •Ended use of public charge rule to deny green cards
    •Loosened the criteria to qualify for asylum
    •Changed ICE enforcement priorities

•Reinitiated the CAM Refugee program for Northern Triangle minors to apply for asylum from their home countries
    •$1B+ in public aid and private investment for addressing the root causes of migration
    •Ended family detention of immigrants and moved towards other monitoring

•HHS prohibited working with ICE on enforcement for sponsors of unaccompanied minors
    •Got rid of harder citizenship test
    •Allowed certain visas to be obtained without an in person consulate interview
    •Rescinded "metering" policy that limited migrants at ports of entry

•Ended the War in Afghanistan
    •First time in 20 years US not involved in a war
    •Ended support for Saudi offensive operations in Yemen
    •Airstrikes down 54% in 2021 from 2020.
    •Issued policy restricting drone strikes outside of warzones

•Restored $235M in aid to Palestinians
    •AUKUS defense pact with Australia and UK
    •New rules to counter extremism within the military
    •Signed law funding capitol police and Afghan Refugees
    •EO on competitiveness to write consumer friendly rules, such as right to repair

•EO on improving government experience, incl
    •Social Security benefits will be able to be claimed online
    •Passports can be renewed online
    •Makes it easier for low-income families to apply for benefits
    •Increase telehealth options
    •WIC recipients can use benefits online

•$7.25B in additional PPP funds
    •Signed PPP extension law to extend the program for 2 months
    •Changed criteria to make it easier for small and minority businesses to qualify for PPP loans
    •$29 Restaurant Recovery Fund to recover lost revenue
    •$1.25B Shuttered Venue fund

•$10.4B for agriculture
    •30 year bailout of multiemployer pension funds that protects millions of pensions through 2051.
    •Pro-labor majority appointed to NLRB
    •Established task force to promote unionization
    •Restored collective bargaining right for federal employees

•Negotiated deal for West Coast Ports to run 24/7 to ease supply chain
    •Signed EO to secure and strengthen supply chains
    •Investing $1B in small food processors to combat meat prices
    •Extended 15% SNAP benefit increase through Sept 30, 2021

•Made 12 million previously ineligible beneficiaries eligible for the increase
    •Public health emergency helps keep benefits in place
    •Largest permanent increase in SNAP benefit history, raising permanent benefits by 27% ($20B per year)

•Made school lunches free through for all through the 2021-2022 school year
    •Extended the Pandemic EBT program
    •Largest ever summer food program in 2021 provided 34 million students with $375 for meals over the summer.

•Restarted the FHA-HFA risk sharing program to finance affordable housing development
    •Raised Fannie/Freddie’s Low-Income Housing Tax Credit from $1B to $1.7B a year to invest in affordable housing
    •$383M CMF grant program for affordable housing production

•Prioritizing owner-occupants and non-profits as purchasers of FHA-insured and Distressed HUD properties, rather than large investors
    •Paid a 10% retention incentive to permanent federal firefighters and a $1000 bonus to seasonal firefighters

•Transitioned hundreds of federal firefighters from part time to full time and hired hundreds more
    •$28.6B in supplemental disaster relief approved for natural disasters
    •$8.7B in funding to increase lending to minority communities

•Released $1.3B in Puerto Rico disaster aid previously held up by Trump admin and removed restrictions on $8.2B housing disaster aid
    •Forgave $371M in community disaster loans in PR
    •Released $912M in previously withheld education aid to PR

•Permanently made all families in PR eligible for the CTC (previously only families with 3 or more children were)
    •Provided permanent funding to quadruple the size of PRs local earned income tax credit
    •Permanent $3B per year boost to funding for PR’s Medicaid program

•Raised the minimum wage to $15 an hour for federal contractor, eliminated the minimum wage exception for certain contractor positions, and ended the tipped contractor wage.
    •Ordered the minimum wage for federal employees to be raised to $15 an hour

•Medicaid drug rebate change to discourage excessive price increases and save Gov $23.5B
    Incentives for states to expand Medicaid
    •Finalized the rule that bans surprise medical bills for out of network medical services
    •Instituted a moratorium on the federal death penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Is he, though?

Or is it just that the USA is a deeply broken and flawed system, whose government lacks basic checks and balances and standards of conduct?

I really dislike Biden; he's a neoliberal through and through, and his "good ole boy" smarm is precisely as insulting and deliberately distracting as Boris Johnson's "I'm such a doof" schtick. But drawing a direct line between Biden's Executive office and any of the real issues facing the nation right now is pretty near impossible.
    Like I said, it's a nuanced issue. Yes, Manchin/Sinema and the GOP are coming in the way of his agenda.

However, it's well documented that Biden can do a LOT by executive order, none of which he has done.

Furthermore, he can quite easily put pressure on people like Manchin if he so desired. The man has a daughter who can be investigated by the AG tomorrow, and somehow he's behaving like someone who has no pressure on him at all? Biden's just too weak to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    My local groceries are still running out of paper products and Gatorade for some examples.
    Did a pickup last night. Ground Chicken and all the Yogurt I ordered was completely out of stock.

Point I was trying to make in my earlier post is that all of these empty shelves are from things that are produced locally.

Ground Chicken is going to come from within the US as will Yogurt (due to shelf-life concerns of shipping something like that)

Gatorade is made in Virginia and Arizona.

Pennsylvania and California are big producers of toilet paper.

I saw a GOP Senate Candidate recently arguing that he will work to get more manufacturing within the US so we don't suffer from shortages. Yet, everything that is being short is already produced locally because we have so many fucking idiots who can't wear a mask or get a vaccine and are missing significant amounts of work and infecting their co-workers.

Furthermore, he can quite easily put pressure on people like Manchin if he so desired. The man has a daughter who can be investigated by the AG tomorrow, and somehow he's behaving like someone who has no pressure on him at all? Biden's just too weak to do anything.
    You seriously think "do what I say or I'll have your family criminally investigated" is a standard by which the president should operate? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'll also remind you that "the president should pressure congress to execute his will" is precisely backwards from what the founders built and how they structured the system as a result, which is that congress has all the power to tell the president no.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2022-01-24 at 05:33 PM.