Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lool Nasser Al-Khelaifi scumbag.

Chelsea players out this year :

- Rüdiger
    - Ñíguez
    - Christensen
    - Azpilicueta
    - Musonda Jr. (who?)

guess danny drinkwater wont be renewing either.

If this carries on to next year they will lose n'golo on free lmao
    Can they even sell players?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Can they even sell players?
    nope contracts will all run out tho

10+ Year Old Account
    nope contracts will all run out tho
    Jesus I just saw the full thing. The club can't possibly operate in these circumstances.

Looks like they may lose their shirt sponsor too.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

shame conor's contract is till 2025 with chelsea but if they break it by not paying him and he moves to palace, absolute limbs. Id take ruben back as well even if he is a bit of a sicknote nowadays.

shame conor's contract is till 2025 with chelsea but if they break it by not paying him and he moves to palace, absolute limbs. Id take ruben back as well even if he is a bit of a sicknote nowadays.
    Not only the players they are losing but people like Haarland, Kane, Salah, etc probably on the shelves this summer and Chelsea cant go to the store. and their FFP balance is not going to exist anyway with no ticket sales or merchandise sales. Im surprised UEFA haven't booted them from the CL now they wont be bringing them millions

Also heard they can only spend 20k on travel per game not sure how you'd get travel and hotel to Madrid say for 20 players and 20 staff unless they are gonna be camping.

This would have blown over by the summer. Government and Chelsea want quick sale. Roman will walk.
    We'll have a new owner. Tuchel would have signed a new contract. Kounde and Tchouameni will be wearing blue, and Man Utd will be in the Europa League

Big game starting hoping Man Utd play a high line which will give us a chance, if Utd keep it tight they win imo COYS!

Big game for 4th to keep the accountants happy with champion league TV revenue for another year so they can get knocked out by lille or sevilla in champs league

chelsea vs newcastle, the war machine vs 81 executioners. Good timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Big game starting hoping Man Utd play a high line which will give us a chance, if Utd keep it tight they win imo COYS!
    I'm alright with United winning today. It'll give them a false sense of security. Allows Palace to sneak a win last game of the season.

Spurs are gonna make conte lose his hair again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    This would have blown over by the summer. Government and Chelsea want quick sale. Roman will walk.
    We'll have a new owner. Tuchel would have signed a new contract. Kounde and Tchouameni will be wearing blue, and Man Utd will be in the Europa League
    that's some premium grade rank A quality copium you're snorting there buddy, i don't think you fully understand or grasp the severity of the situation that Chelsea are currently in, and the fact that this is going to last as long as peeweedick putin remains in Ukraine means that there's no 'blows over by summer' because nobody knows how long this is gonna last for, furthermore, without sugar daddy roman chelsea have no money, they don't make enough commercially to bankroll themselves unlike man united and others in the league, it's not something they are structured or prepared to take on, and whoever comes after roman leaves, you can bet your ass they will not be investing anywhere near as much as he has done over the decades now.

everton have got one of the worst fixture lists till the end of the season. All of the heavy hitters and the mighty palace (twice with the fa cup)

please let them go down and watford stay up.

Would be good if Chelsea folded as well.

Why is this "handball" being checked for a penalty? Like if it has touched his fingertips its made it harder for the defender to clear off the line by deflecting it slightly away from him.

This is actually the dumbest VAR decision ever, its pointless, its bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    that's some premium grade rank A quality copium you're snorting there buddy, i don't think you fully understand or grasp the severity of the situation that Chelsea are currently in, and the fact that this is going to last as long as peeweedick putin remains in Ukraine means that there's no 'blows over by summer' because nobody knows how long this is gonna last for, furthermore, without sugar daddy roman chelsea have no money, they don't make enough commercially to bankroll themselves unlike man united and others in the league, it's not something they are structured or prepared to take on, and whoever comes after roman leaves, you can bet your ass they will not be investing anywhere near as much as he has done over the decades now.
    Oh dear. Lot's of misinformation here

First of all, Chelsea will likely be sold in the next couple of weeks. While the club might not technically pass over to the new owner for a bit longer, we will know the name of the new owner. Once this has been done, it's likely the license will be relaxed. The war in Ukraine has nothing to do with the length of time it's going to take to resolve this issue.

Second, Roman is an underwriter.

Thirdly, the club itself is largely sustainable due to our transfer policy. At the start of his ownership, we were indeed making a lot of losses, which was to be expected. The club was growing and the money pumped in was being invested in the long term infrastructure. From 2014 to 2018, we essential broke even. Before Covid, I believe we made a profit of about 60M? So while the club isn't as sustainable as Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, we can certainly bankroll ourselves.

Lastly, this is just copium on your part. You, and I have no idea. Roman didn't actually invest as much as you think in the later years. A lot of it was from player sales.

10+ Year Old Account

First of all, Chelsea will likely be sold in the next couple of weeks. While the club might not technically pass over to the new owner for a bit longer, we will know the name of the new owner. Once this has been done, it's likely the license will be relaxed. The war in Ukraine has nothing to do with the length of time it's going to take to resolve this issue.

Thirdly, the club itself is largely sustainable due to our transfer policy. At the start of his ownership, we were indeed making a lot of losses, which was to be expected. The club was growing and the money pumped in was being invested in the long term infrastructure. From 2014 to 2018, we essential broke even. Before Covid, I believe we made a profit of about 60M? So while the club isn't as sustainable as Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, we can certainly bankroll ourselves.

Lastly, this is just copium on your part. You, and I have no idea. Roman didn't actually invest as much as you think in the later years. A lot of it was from player sales.
    that's why every single person reporting on the story has had someone with knowledge of the clubs finances and business dealings have come out and said that the club doesn't make any money, it runs at a deficit and if it weren't for roman pumping money into the club every year the club would have been declared bankrupt a decade or more ago?

Chelsea FC currently owes £1.5B to roman, if he demanded that money back, the club would quite literally cease to exist, it cannot afford even if it sold off every single asset, to pay back that kind of money, not only that but roman has invested into chelsea over the course of his ownership as much if not more than he is trying to sell the club for right now, no other owner outside of those in place at man city have spent more on a football club.

as i said, i don't think you understand the gravity of the situation, and as a final note, the government are providing special dispensation to allow a sale to be conducted due to the cultural and historical significance of the club to britain, if that didn't exist there wouldn't be any 'special treatment' being applied, and while it would indeed be a cultural loss there is a VERY REAL possibility that chelsea football club as it exists now will cease to be next season and years following, it may well end up like wimbledon fc, only time will tell, i suggest you take a step back and stop being so blinded by your clear love for chelsea fc.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    that's why every single person reporting on the story has had someone with knowledge of the clubs finances and business dealings have come out and said that the club doesn't make any money, it runs at a deficit and if it weren't for roman pumping money into the club every year the club would have been declared bankrupt a decade or more ago?

Chelsea FC currently owes £1.5B to roman, if he demanded that money back, the club would quite literally cease to exist, it cannot afford even if it sold off every single asset, to pay back that kind of money, not only that but roman has invested into chelsea over the course of his ownership as much if not more than he is trying to sell the club for right now, no other owner outside of those in place at man city have spent more on a football club.

as i said, i don't think you understand the gravity of the situation, and as a final note, the government are providing special dispensation to allow a sale to be conducted due to the cultural and historical significance of the club to britain, if that didn't exist there wouldn't be any 'special treatment' being applied, and while it would indeed be a cultural loss there is a VERY REAL possibility that chelsea football club as it exists now will cease to be next season and years following, it may well end up like wimbledon fc, only time will tell, i suggest you take a step back and stop being so blinded by your clear love for chelsea fc.
    Not many clubs make any money right now mate. We're on the tail end of a global pandemic. We made £40M profit a few seasons ago. Although, one thing that is severely hampering us is our stadium. It's not big enough to attract the revenue other clubs bring in. There are other ways to bring in money though and the club have been brilliant in doing that the last 10 years.

I'm not sure you up to date with the latest developments? He won't demand the money back. He literally can't now. He already said he would wipe it when he put the club up for sale anyway.

I understand the situation perfectly thanks, but I believe it's in the best interest of the Government and Chelsea to come up with a quick resolution. We have over 100 interested parties according to the company who are dealing with the sale and according to journos on Twitter, Roman has already given the green light for the sale to go ahead despite sanctions. He knows he can't take a penny.

What are you even on about? Chelsea is fucked up in debt, the only reason they are "a sustainable club because of transfer policy" is quite literally because Roman has been in the background injecting money or taking on debt himself.

Chelsea is 1.5B euros in debt and they could happily ignore it aslong as Roman was there. The whole basis of Chelsea is Roman wanting to take on that debt. The whole club have relied on 1 man, nothing else.

That said, it has worked very good. Up until now.

But then again, we are talking about english football, FA and the british gov. If theres one thing they care about its money, money, money. Whoever its from. This weekend alone a owner of a PL club literally executed 81 people like it was nothing. Thats english football for you. No desire to take control of your own football or club aslong as they money is poured in.

In the end though, Chelsea will be sold cause at this point they are to big for FA or the gov to make them suffer. They are bigger than Derby, Bury, Portsmouth. So they will be sold and everyone will just forget about the whole thing. The whole foundation of PL is based on whoever has the most money wins. Right now the oligarks is lagging behind for obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Not many clubs make any money right now mate. We're on the tail end of a global pandemic. We made £40M profit a few seasons ago. Although, one thing that is severely hampering us is our stadium. It's not big enough to attract the revenue other clubs bring in. There are other ways to bring in money though and the club have been brilliant in doing that the last 10 years.

I'm not sure you up to date with the latest developments? He won't demand the money back. He literally can't now. He already said he would wipe it when he put the club up for sale anyway.

I understand the situation perfectly thanks, but I believe it's in the best interest of the Government and Chelsea to come up with a quick resolution. We have over 100 interested parties according to the company who are dealing with the sale and according to journos on Twitter, Roman has already given the green light for the sale to go ahead despite sanctions. He knows he can't take a penny.
    I would disagree. Chelsea(among many other clubs), FA & british gov has let this go on for far to long. They have no control over english football. They let smaller clubs suffer greatly and are VERY firm against them. Why not with Chelsea too?

Oh and btw - This is a bigger issue than with Chelsea alone. The problem for CHelsea right now is that they rely on 1 man and one man alone to be competetive. Without him, theres nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What are you even on about? Chelsea is fucked up in debt, the only reason they are "a sustainable club because of transfer policy" is quite literally because Roman has been in the background injecting money or taking on debt himself.

Chelsea is 1.5B euros in debt and they could happily ignore it aslong as Roman was there. The whole basis of Chelsea is Roman wanting to take on that debt. The whole club have relied on 1 man, nothing else.

That said, it has worked very good. Up until now.

But then again, we are talking about english football, FA and the british gov. If theres one thing they care about its money, money, money. Whoever its from. This weekend alone a owner of a PL club literally executed 81 people like it was nothing. Thats english football for you. No desire to take control of your own football or club aslong as they money is poured in.

In the end though, Chelsea will be sold cause at this point they are to big for FA or the gov to make them suffer. They are bigger than Derby, Bury, Portsmouth. So they will be sold and everyone will just forget about the whole thing. The whole foundation of PL is based on whoever has the most money wins. Right now the oligarks is lagging behind for obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I would disagree. Chelsea(among many other clubs), FA & british gov has let this go on for far to long. They have no control over english football. They let smaller clubs suffer greatly and are VERY firm against them. Why not with Chelsea too?

Oh and btw - This is a bigger issue than with Chelsea alone. The problem for CHelsea right now is that they rely on 1 man and one man alone to be competetive. Without him, theres nothing.
    His statement on selling the club, said he would write off the £1.5b. He's made a massive investment and in turn made us a global brand and one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The key question for me is now if he stalls and leave the club in limbo, or walks away and doesn't claim a penny. I would put my money on him cooperating with the Government and leaving without taking a penny. He loves the club. He doesn't want to leave it in ruin. You can call this naïve or tell me I'm taking 'copium', but that's how I feel. In fact, I believe he's actually greenlit the sale. He's not stupid. He knows he can't take a penny.

They have been firm against us. They've literally stopped us from selling tickets to fans mate.

A lot of the biggest clubs in Europe are in debt. Stamford Bridge is a major stumbling block. No owner is going to come in and try and run us like a 'sustainable' business while we're limited to 42k seats.

In fairness to you, Roman's reign has been an incredible success, and it would be wishful thinking to think any new owner could out do him.

Let's see what happens in the next week or so. I have a feeling we'll know a lot more by Friday after the bids finish coming in.

His statement on selling the club, said he would write off the £1.5b. He's made a massive investment and in turn made us a global brand and one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The key question for me is now if he stalls and leave the club in limbo, or walks away and doesn't claim a penny. I would put my money on him cooperating with the Government and leaving without taking a penny. He loves the club. He doesn't want to leave it in ruin. You can call this naïve or tell me I'm taking 'copium', but that's how I feel. In fact, I believe he's actually greenlit the sale. He's not stupid. He knows he can't take a penny.

They have been firm against us. They've literally stopped us from selling tickets to fans mate.

A lot of the biggest clubs in Europe are in debt. Stamford Bridge is a major stumbling block. No owner is going to come in and try and run us like a 'sustainable' business while we're limited to 42k seats.

In fairness to you, Roman's reign has been an incredible success, and it would be wishful thinking to think any new owner could out do him.

Let's see what happens in the next week or so. I have a feeling we'll know a lot more by Friday after the bids finish coming in.
    Its not his choice to take on that debt anymore. He has no say in that whatsoever. While we know hes taken on the debt, technically its the clubs debt. Not Romans debt, but Chelsea. He was the guy that made it so Chelsea could ignore that debt, he was the safenet. He is not anymore. I would understand if Chelsea alone had to stand up to this debt now, cause thats how it should be. If not, this was never Chelsea Football Club. It was Roman Abramovich FC.

Wether he likes the club or not got nothing to do with it and was never the reason he bought the club in the first place. It cant even be used as a sane argument in this discussion, it got nothing to do with it. His intensions of buying Chelsea was something quite different and we should never forget it and it has worked wonders for him and others.

Its also quite funny when you think restricting ticket sales is considered being firm. Its nothing compared to how the FA treats smaller clubs in english football.

One would imagine this would be a brilliant opportunity for the english game to get theyre shit together and get control over theyre own league, but alas they probably wont. Latest rumors has it a Saudi consortium is looking into buying Chelsea.

This is what a club should get when they rely so heavily on one man. This is how it is when everything they do is essentially about what one man decides. It got nothing to do with how well run the club is. It got nothing to do with income. Its just about one mans desire to waste money. The very foundation of Chelsea is him.

Should scare any Chelsea fan.