View Poll Results: Based off quality, how much SHOULD a WoW sub cost now?

Voters
425. This poll is closed
  • $15 a month

77 18.12%
  • $99.99 a month

33 7.76%
  • $12.99 a month

26 6.12%
  • $10.99 a month

38 8.94%
  • $5.99 a month

108 25.41%
  • $Pay 2 Win

5 1.18%
  • $Its Already Pay 2 Win

35 8.24%
  • Absolutely Free

103 24.24%
Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How much should a WoW sub cost now?

Lets be honest, WoW xpacs lately haven't really been a huge success.

When the product of a company loses its quality, why should it cost the same?

If you think that the product of a company has lost its quality, then why are you still paying for it, is the better question, I think.

Lowering the sub cost is not necessarily going to unfuck the game, if you think it's fucked. I feel like this question is asked in this way from a place of "WoW sucks, what's a good punishment for Blizzard?" rather than actually giving a shit about the game's quality. And if that's the place that these kind of questions are being asked from, then just quit. Instead of ruminating over wagging your finger at Blizz and cutting their allowance, don't give them any of your money. That's a punishment.

With their current update rate? Three fiddy.
    All of the value is practically in the expansion sale itself.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could argue lower for its quality, but higher for inflation. So $15 as usual.

B2P, at this rate they barely do anything to warrant a sub fee.

This is going places....

I don't like mayo so if it comes with that, I'm deducting a dollar at least.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm of the opinion that Danuser fanfic should come at a premium, so we'll make it 24.99$

7+ Year Old Account
    With how the game has been going i wouldn't even play it if it was free.

I'd prefer it if the sub had kept up with the rising costs of producing the game instead of the implementation of tokens and the cash shop. So somewhere around 20-25 USD. Given the ludicrous poll 'options' I picked $15.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    $9.99 a month with no charge for expansions. In fact, scrap expansions altogether and just do patches that introduce new stories.

EDIT: If they're going to continue soap opera plotting then learn from that. The story just goes on and morphs over time.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-03-18 at 04:36 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post

You're confusing sub cost with expansion cost.

I think the sub price is fine. Raising the expansion price like they did a few years ago was insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'd prefer it if the sub had kept up with the rising costs of producing the game instead of the implementation of tokens and the cash shop. So somewhere around 20-25 USD. Given the ludicrous poll 'options' I picked $15.
    This. OP clearly doesn't understand economics, and is tying a sub price with content. I would have picked $22-ish based on inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-15 dollars is fine, knowing what the subscription money mostly are going to, it seems like the most reasonable without wishing it more expensive due to economical development.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post

Blizzard devs will never admit their product is ”Worse” nowdays.

So don’t expect any change while their head is in the sand

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I would still be willing to check WoW out occasionally if it were f2p, or at least b2p. I have no problems supporting a game with purchases, whether they be cosmetic, functional (like inventory) or even power-related. What I won't do is rent a game, particularly one that I've already paid for. So load up the game shop and ditch the sub and I'll log into WoW again.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I actually think WoW would see a huge bounce back if they went free to play at this stage, there are a ton of people out there that just won't play FF and WoW because they are the last MMOs with a forced subscription.

While I think FF14 would've thrived as a F2P game due to the shop, it might be tougher for WoW because they only offer mounts and toys, they don't really have a huge catalog of transmog (or skins as most ppl call them these days) to sell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally think it should remain as it is. For a month's worth of access to WoW I feel €12,99 is quite decent, especially seeing as it's not gone up since 2004, with inflation and all.

it should be free, especially since it does not release content any faster than buy to play or free to play products (it is actually slower at this point), and it also has the marketplace for profits, final fantasy (xi & xiv) and world of warcraft are the only mmorpgs (and possibly only videogames) left that are still using the pure subscription-only model, it seems out of place in general, currently in both ffxiv and wow you can do almost all of the expansions for free except for the most recent one, but the level cap for trial kind of ruins it,
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2022-03-18 at 08:26 AM.

Sub should be optional that includes some goodies

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure. Subs are ok for me. Maybe lower the price. There is also a shop.