Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Warcraft has never had a basis for bards. A few NPCs with guitars is not a basis for a class and engineering does not offer the fantasy a tinker class would.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not read my entire post. Blizz have made it extremely obvious.
    You seen to be trying to convince yourself more than me tbh. I hope you dont get too disappointed when it doesnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.
    I'm...gonna assume you just either forgot Mechagnomes or lumped them in with Gnomes cuz otherwise...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No expectations about it, but I do hope Tinkers make it as the new 10.0 class.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    You seen to be trying to convince yourself more than me tbh. I hope you dont get too disappointed when it doesnt happen
    I know what I know, people just are blinded by their biases. I ain't going to get disappointed since I can clearly.rewd the writing on the wall, unlike so many in this forum.

I'm built different I guess.

I know what I know, people just are blinded by their biases. I ain't going to get disappointed since I can clearly.rewd the writing on the wall, unlike so many in this forum.

I'm built different I guess.
    Yeah right, keep telling yourself that, maybe someday you will believe it.

Yeah right, keep telling yourself that, maybe someday you will believe it.
    I already do, if you actually read that long ass post you quoted from me you would too. I mean honestly how can you not see it????

This isn't some wishful thinking, this is a solid prediction on something blizz has made clear as day.

I already do, if you actually read that long ass post you quoted from me you would too. I mean honestly how can you not see it????

This isn't some wishful thinking, this is a solid prediction on something blizz has made clear as day.
    People see what they want to see. /shrug

Am I the only one who thinks Tinkers sound dumb and would hate it to be in WoW?
    I would rather something like Dark Ranger or something. Something ranged would be nice.

People see what they want to see. /shrug
    That might apply to some, but not to me. People saying oh yeah we could still get Necro or bard over a class concept with almost two decades of back up.

Sorry my confidence scares you, but just wait a few more weeks.

I would only accept bard if they legit made it like the guitar hero april fool's joke.

Put me off to the side and make me immune to combat mechanics, and let me jam along to the music. The better my combo, the more buffs I give to my party.

The End.

Anything else would be unacceptable playstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I almost want them to reveal tinkers... just so tinker fans can get over this weird obsession/romanticization of a class in a video game.

Like "OMG LOOK THIS NEW RAID HAS A METAL IN IT AND TINKERS HAVE METAL ON THEIR MECHS... CONFIRMED NEXT XPAC" is kinda wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    None of that makes the Bard a viable potential class concept in Warcraft.
    Yes. Yes, it does. Because we do have bards in the lore of the franchise already. Several. All Blizzard needs is to bring it all together.

Like seriously, Pandaren Lorewalkers and a realm in the Afterlife have no connection with each other whatsoever.
    Yeah. "No connection with each other whatsoever" aside from the whole bardic theme of spellsong and music and lore binding them together. I suppose if you ignore everything that connects them together, it's easy to say that nothing connecting them.

As for the lore allowing a Tinker class in a dragon expansion, keep in mind that the playable Goblin race was brought into WoW during a Dragon expansion.
    Which is completely irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Warcraft 2 had helicopters and submarines in it ffs. Warcraft 3 had steam tanks and helicopters. Stop pretending Azeroth is Middle-Earth or Norrath, its not and never has been. Steampunk, while not the primary focus, has been a part of the Warcraft Universe for the majority of its existence.
    Okay, and? That's irrelevant stuff since I never said that WoW is exclusively a high fantasy game. I simply said that the game at its core is a high fantasy game, having that genre as its main theme.

"From all the leaks I can deduct we are getting mecha-tinker-dragons that play guitars." - Murloc Holmes

I really need someone to make a Tinker Hype Train because either way the fallout will be GLORIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Other classes can be a possibility, but not the class that one of the main founders of Warcraft and main creators of its lore openly despised.
    Said by the person who proclaimed demon hunter would never ever ever ever happen. And what happened? Oh right.

Tinker, bard, potato farmer, elek breeder, all have an equal amount of being a class. You know why? Because blizzard decides, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Probably because WoW is, first and foremost, a high fantasy game, not a steampunk/cyberpunk game.
    This "high fantasy game" has had the tinker concept since Warcraft 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Yes, it does. Because we do have bards in the lore of the franchise already. Several. All Blizzard needs is to bring it all together.

Yeah. "No connection with each other whatsoever" aside from the whole bardic theme of spellsong and music and lore binding them together. I suppose if you ignore everything that connects them together, it's easy to say that nothing connecting them.

Which is completely irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, and? That's irrelevant stuff since I never said that WoW is exclusively a high fantasy game. I simply said that the game at its core is a high fantasy game, having that genre as its main theme.
    "At its core" the game has always had helicopters, submarines, and tinkers. Those have always been part of the main campaigns of the original RTS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Musty View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Tinkers sound dumb and would hate it to be in WoW?
    I would rather something like Dark Ranger or something. Something ranged would be nice.
    no of course not. As long as whatever they come out with feels good to play is what I (and i suspect most people) really care about. They did a good job with havoc but veang feels like garbage to play so if it a tank class I hope to god it feels nice.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This "high fantasy game" has had the tinker concept since Warcraft 3.

- - - Updated - - -

"At its core" the game has always had helicopters, submarines, and tinkers. Those have always been part of the main campaigns of the original RTS games.
    I'm honestly not understanding what you're trying to argue, here. You already saw my post where I say I never claimed the franchise is exclusively high fantasy, just at its core it's a high fantasy game. I never said it doesn't have other elements in it.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool. Tell me about the abilities that these disparate “Bards” have in common. Since they supposedly share a theme of spell song and music, they should have some abilities that is common among their “class”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Tinker, bard, potato farmer, elek breeder, all have an equal amount of being a class.
    Actually they don’t. WoW classes require a hero character and core abilities. For example;

Death Knights: Arthas; Death Pact, Unholy Aura, etc.
    Brewmaster: Chen; Breath of Fire, SEF, etc
    Demon Hunter: Illidan, Metamorphosis, Immolation,etc.
    Tinker: Gazlowe; Pocket Factory, Robo Goblin, etc.

In short, only the Tinker has those qualifications.

With all this tinker talk, what would make them stand apart from other classes gameplaywise? A mech suit, ok, cool so similar to druid bear, lots of armor probably and an absorb shield? So similar gameplay like druid bear, enough armor to mitigate the small damage and use shield to mitigate bigger damage. Doesn't sound too interesting and too similar to a druid bear. Other ideas i've read about it being a ranged tank with remote controlled tanks or drones would be different but I can't imagine how that could work when you need to move a boss.

So what about other specs? Healer with some robots and hots with smart heal? Robots sound like totems and they reduced the amount of totems shamans have to use because they didn't work properly in more and more situations. Monk had smart heals and it was too powerful and they removed most of them, so why would they bring them back? Gameplaywise it would be different from other classes because it would have some broken mechanics that were previously removed. Doesn't sound like something you would do for a new class.

Ranged dps I've not read anything unique or interesting. Some say drones or turrets like hunter pets, warlock demons or shaman totems, some ranged attacks like hunter and some alchemy stuff for dots. Could be cool but doesn't sound unique.

With all that talk about tinkers people seem to have forgotten that blizzard did a lot to differentiate all specs so that they work and feel differently and killed for example sv hunter just to make it more different from mm and didn't give dh a third spec when there are hints that a third spec was planned (ranged dps or healer).