Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    and then you'll still have the bard,dark ranger and necromancer crowd who are just as rabid.
    if people didn't love to argue about it so much we wouldn't have these threads pop up every day.
    Tinkertards create the most threads, the others just post on them saying nah this will be better. Im not saying thry dont create threads but damn theres a new tinker thread like every week generally by the same people.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

No, just no. There is so many other "heroes" in the warcraft lore to go from.. Tinker has a vocal majority but thats because they will never shut up about it, ever. Same parrots parroting it over and over.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    The thought of an undead singing is somewhat frightening...

Also Bards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tinker.
    Let's be honest, Bard is like the only class that would make sense for every race. I mean who doesn't enjoy music?

Tinker - only good for tech races.
    Dark Ranger - originally just for undead elves. Now for everyone that looks good in a tight letter bodysuit.
    Shadow Hunter - Just trolls.
    Asspull dragon power class - Shouldn't this be a race?

Vulpera and Kul Tirans would make the best bards, I feel.
    And besides, bards are an iconic fantasy class archetype. It is odd it is missing from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    even the idea that vulperas should be tinkers, from what weve seen their peak of technology is wheel
    Yeah. Gnomes and goblins, mechagnomes and mag'har, it would be more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm honestly not understanding what you're trying to argue, here. You already saw my post where I say I never claimed the franchise is exclusively high fantasy, just at its core it's a high fantasy game. I never said it doesn't have other elements in it.
    Not sure what you're trying to argue, lol. The game can't have Tinkers because you want to pretend it's just a "high fantasy game", even though steampunk elements have been in the game for over 2 decades? So just because steampunk elements aren't a major part of the game, we should never get a steampunk class in Tinkers? Weird argument.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    With all this tinker talk, what would make them stand apart from other classes gameplaywise? A mech suit, ok, cool so similar to druid bear, lots of armor probably and an absorb shield? So similar gameplay like druid bear, enough armor to mitigate the small damage and use shield to mitigate bigger damage. Doesn't sound too interesting and too similar to a druid bear. Other ideas i've read about it being a ranged tank with remote controlled tanks or drones would be different but I can't imagine how that could work when you need to move a boss.
    No, it wouldn't be similar to Bear Druid. Since it is mechanical instead of a beast, that allows various mechanics and properties that a bear druid simply couldn't do.

Examples;

Self Destruct: Destroying the Mech and using it as a last-resort AoE attack
    Eject: Launching yourself out of the Mech in emergency situations
    Combine: Attaching your active devices to your mech in order to create temporary weapons
    Park: Leaving your mech form, but your mech is still active
    Hover: Boosters on the feet of the mech allowing it to hover in place
    Remote Control: Your mech basically acts like a pet while you're outside of it
    Transform: Your mech transforms into other vehicles For example, going from this;

To this;

So what about other specs? Healer with some robots and hots with smart heal? Robots sound like totems and they reduced the amount of totems shamans have to use because they didn't work properly in more and more situations. Monk had smart heals and it was too powerful and they removed most of them, so why would they bring them back? Gameplaywise it would be different from other classes because it would have some broken mechanics that were previously removed. Doesn't sound like something you would do for a new class.
    Robots wouldn't be totems because robots can move. In addition, since we're talking about technology instead of magic, you can have abilities like Bio-grenades, or shots that can heal other players while damaging enemies, much like how Ana from Overwatch works. Also like Ana the Tinker could have a cooldown that shoots a target with an adrenaline shot that boosts a target's power for a short amount of time.

From WC3, you can utilize Healing Spray which would be an AoE ability that would produce a cloud of healing around an area and linger, providing low-level heals for an area for a given time. I would also incorporate the WC3 ability Pocket Factory for both the healing and the damage spec. The healing spec could produce medical bots that are rapidly produced by the factory and run around the battlefield healing players.

Turrets could be utilized to heal or shield other players. And of course you could have a mech cooldown that offers more explosive healing abilities.

Ranged dps I've not read anything unique or interesting. Some say drones or turrets like hunter pets, warlock demons or shaman totems, some ranged attacks like hunter and some alchemy stuff for dots. Could be cool but doesn't sound unique.
    Turrets wouldn't operate like Hunter pets. If they work like they do in HotS, the turrets would be upgradable and influence the power levels of the Tinker via proximity. Also Hunters don't use Robots, Gravity Bombs, Lasers, or Missiles.

Again, let's simply look at the WC3 ability Pockety Factory: You drop a miniature factory at a small area and it produces robotic soldiers for a set amount of time. The initial ability could be standard clockwork Goblins or Gnomes that do a melee attack then explode. Nothing stops Blizzard from giving this ability a powerup cooldown that allows the factory to upgrade to more powerful robotic summons. Instead of Clockwork Goblins/Gnomes with melee attacks, howabout Clockwork Gnomes/Goblins with guns? Howabout Crawler Mines? Howabout Iron Stars?

We also shouldn't forget that a DPS spec could also have a mech.

Hunters/Warlocks/Shaman/whatever don't do this;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    No, just no. There is so many other "heroes" in the warcraft lore to go from.. Tinker has a vocal majority but thats because they will never shut up about it, ever. Same parrots parroting it over and over.
    Oh? Name some.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    Of course it's not close to the same thing because you don't want it to be close to the same thing. It's par the course with you. It only fits when you want it to fit otherwise it doesn't. Games change, directions change, there's nothing saying that any class doesn't fit because they can make it fit if they chose to do so. This is true no matter how much you say otherwise. Sorry.

Okay, if you believe I'm being unfair here, describe an expansion where Bards could be introduced. In addition, please point out a WoW character we should model a Bard from. Blizzard stated rather clearly that new classes have to match the expansions they're released in.

Whenever tinker pops up in thread title or content, theres always people who behave like flat-earthers, simply because they want their fan service.

Not because it would actually add anything interesting to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well yes, which is why it should only have one class dedicated to it.
    Gnome/Mechagnome hunter +Gun + mechanical pet = Your Tech Class, you're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    What hero character did rogue come from again?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Garona_Halforcen

From WC2. She was going to be a hero in WC3 but she was cut. In addition, the Warden was originally going to be the Assassin hero. During TBC, they created Valeera Sanguinar. That's the origins of Rogues in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Gnome/Mechagnome hunter +Gun + mechanical pet = Your Tech Class, you're welcome.
    That's a Hunter, not a Tinker. The Tinker has unique abilities that are nonexistent in the Hunter class. Also they don't use animal pets.

I also find this line of argumentation weird coming from you, since the Hunter class actually uses Dark Ranger abilities and items, yet you don't accept it as a Dark Ranger.

Wow, this is such an original and never seen before idea OP!
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Whenever tinker pops up in thread title or content, theres always people who behave like flat-earthers, simply because they want their fan service.

Not because it would actually add anything interesting to the game.
    It's not like the last three classes were groundbreaking. They couldn't even come up with enough stuff for a third spec for one of them.

But yeah, some people take this topic way too seriously, one way or the other. Hopefully one day we can leave it behind like we did with Pandaren and Classic.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Garona_Halforcen

From WC2. She was going to be a hero in WC3 but she was cut. In addition, the Warden was originally going to be the Assassin hero. During TBC, they created Valeera Sanguinar. That's the origins of Rogues in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a Hunter, not a Tinker. The Tinker has unique abilities that are nonexistent in the Hunter class. Also they don't use animal pets.

I also find this line of argumentation weird coming from you, since the Hunter class actually uses Dark Ranger abilities and items, yet you don't accept it as a Dark Ranger.
    Play survival and you have wildfire bombs and traps, honestly you blow it off like you blow other peoples class concepts off because you know its true, what I mentioned above is the definition of a class that uses tech, a gun is technology, a mechanical pet is technology and bombs and traps are... you guessed it technology, you literally have your Tinker fantasy RIGHT there!

BTW this is the last time I'll respond to you anyway because you'll just circlejerk it so don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Naming a Tinker spec after an already-existing profession is the lowest effort I've seen yet.
    Well said. A truly embarrassing attempt. The OP needs to be ashamed, I hope they put more effort into whatever else they spend their life doing.

Play survival and you have wildfire bombs and traps, honestly you blow it off like you blow other peoples class concepts off because you know its true, what I mentioned above is the definition of a class that uses tech, a gun is technology, a mechanical pet is technology and bombs and traps are... you guessed it technology, you literally have your Tinker fantasy RIGHT there!

but it doesnt fit with his interpretation of what the class should be so you are wrong.

the mental gymnastics this guy displays in every thread is nauseating

but it doesnt fit with his interpretation of what the class should be so you are wrong.

Hence why I'm leaving my last post at that, you need to stop interacting with him to stop him quoting you with his mental gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    SNIP.
    I like the idea - but i really cringe hard when fake leakers like this convince themselves its a good idea to type stuff like: "It looks REALLY good" or "you guys are going to LOVE it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Play survival and you have wildfire bombs and traps,
    But no guns. Sorry, but a trapper that uses a spear isn't a Tinker.

honestly you blow it off like you blow other peoples class concepts off because you know its true, what I mentioned above is the definition of a class that uses tech, a gun is technology, a mechanical pet is technology and bombs and traps are... you guessed it technology, you literally have your Tinker fantasy RIGHT there!
    Yet you name the Hunter spec that doesn't use a gun.....

Again, WoW classes utilize original abilities from their heroes. There are no Tinker abilities in the Hunter class, thus it isn't a Tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, a hunter with a spear and an animal companion that lays animal traps isn't a high-tech Goblin or Gnome piloting a mech simply because they can toss an explosive.

That’s blizzard’s interpretation, not mine.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-28 at 11:27 AM.

This is probably fake like any other thread, but i will certainly love to play a tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, a hunter with a spear and an animal companion that lays animal traps isn't a high-tech Goblin or Gnome piloting a mech simply because they can toss an explosive.
    That’s blizzard’s interpretation, not mine.
    Depends, how you're going on blizards interpretation, you're using one interpretation, if you were to go by RPG interpretation instead, said hunter could be referred to as a tinker

"A tinker learns an esoteric technique developed by mad goblin tinkers and passed along to their brethren — the art of bomb throwing."

Going by that interpretation, said hunter could be referred to as a tinker.

You can't just pick and choose which source media you want to use and then adapt that to be "blizzards interpretation", especially without insider knowledge of their current decision making and design processes. have they ever come out and said "hey we only use W3 heroes as a basis for classes"

Blood Elves but no Nightborne? No Mechagnomes?
    This ain't it fam.

We don't have a technology-based class in WoW. A Tinker class would be a fresh idea.
    they have lost to many players in SL to come up with BS like Tinkers they need to get the players back expect someting edgy like Dark Ranger or Dragonborne Chad meele mage class, they will smash the big red button like they did with Demonhunters after the shitshow that was WoD
    I.O BFA Season 3