Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Playable Black Dragons would be cool, but lore wise it would be worse than playable Blood Elves. At least Belves (99% of whom were wiped out by the Scourge), there were presumably millions of them so theoretically there would be thousands of survivors at least, and a few dozen of them became adventurers. But with the Black Dragonflight, the fact that they are an extinct dragonflight with only two surviving males (and a third retconned in Legion) has been foundational WoW lore for over a decade. The again, we have Shadowlands, so... I can believe the current WoW writing team actually doing this.
    You are probably forgetting about Sabellian in Outland, he most likely has large family by now, the other major black dragons are Wrathion, Ebyssian and not sure who the third one you are referring to is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    God I hope this leak isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    it is amazing. I cannot comprehend these leak posters. WHat do you gain? What is in this for you? You keep writing a whole page essay full of shit and it keeps going on and on. More and more leakers appear. It is like they are competing. Is that fun? If so why not use a real account? Just make it, my expectations instead of a leak and you could discuss with people. But no it has to be a leak and people ridicule you. What is the point? What purpose does this serve?

Truly I cannot grasp what these people are thinking. I feel pity for them. See it as something pathetic, something vain. Why? Why would you do it?
    It's just fun. Even if it's fake doesn't matter. The only ones that suck are the low effort ones.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since this leak references the black dragonflight, I thought it deserves another look now that we know the expansion name. Wasn't this the first dragon related leak too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    Since this leak references the black dragonflight, I thought it deserves another look now that we know the expansion name. Wasn't this the first dragon related leak too?
    Don't know if this was the first or not, but I think Dragon Isles have been a popular guess for a while regardless.

As for how plausible this is...
    On the one hand, the name is wrong and the part about Shadowlands' ending wasn't particularly accurate. Plenty of "stay a while and listen" scenes that talk about the future of particular characters and factions, and the Jailer did try to take Azeroth's soul, but there's nothing about it rupturing her and Magni never even came up. On the other hand, there's the pre-event:

9.2.5 pre-expansion event being put together is huge. Lots of reused events like earthquakes and invasions but also a massive Timewalking event that's being designed as a "mini-season-of-mastery" across lots of Azeroth centric dungeons and raids. Devs want players familiar with the history of Azeroth before 10.0, a “big tour” of old events and lore.
    This is surprisingly plausible after the Season 4 announcement. The Timewalking event it describes could easily fit into that format- after Season 4, one more short season that swaps out the Mythic+ dungeons and Shadowlands raids with a bunch of stuff on Azeroth for a month or two leading up to release. And those kinds of shakeups would have been unbelievable just a few weeks ago.

I'd still call this incredibly unlikely, but there might be some slim chance.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Don't know if this was the first or not, but I think Dragon Isles have been a popular guess for a while regardless.

As for how plausible this is...
    On the one hand, the name is wrong and the part about Shadowlands' ending wasn't particularly accurate. Plenty of "stay a while and listen" scenes that talk about the future of particular characters and factions, and the Jailer did try to take Azeroth's soul, but there's nothing about it rupturing her and Magni never even came up. On the other hand, there's the pre-event:

This is surprisingly plausible after the Season 4 announcement. The Timewalking event it describes could easily fit into that format- after Season 4, one more short season that swaps out the Mythic+ dungeons and Shadowlands raids with a bunch of stuff on Azeroth for a month or two leading up to release. And those kinds of shakeups would have been unbelievable just a few weeks ago.

I'd still call this incredibly unlikely, but there might be some slim chance.
    I think it will be interesting to see which of these leaks hit the mark in the coming weeks, and what they hit the mark on.