Poll: Do you want Player Housing in WoW?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    I feel like they would just make it something like Garrisons and a lot of people seemed to hate that but I can't imagine them having just Player housing... they would have to make some system or dailies or something within it.
    Which really just defeats the purpose imo. Sometimes things can be there to just do. Sadly current blizzard seems to think everything has to in some way tie back to power or raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    -SNIP-
    How exactly would it take people out of the world when going in to the world would be the requirement for unlocking the cosmetics in the first place? Most players raid, M+, PvP or sit in a city. How exactly would there be less people in the world after this? If anything there would be more people in the world; The house itself would take up a very small amount of time and would simply be a monument to your account progress and achievements. Of course, this is me speculating on how it would work, but that's a common way for it to be done.

"People that want to build houses can play SIMs" - Uh, people that want to PvP can play another PvP game? People that want to socialize can join an online group chat? What kind of an argument is that? I can understand not caring for it, but housing isn't exactly a new concept to MMO's.

'It's a waste of resources' - It would be one of the driving factors on me enjoying the next expansion. I literally can not think of content past what I've discussed that I'd rather see, so I'm obviously going to disagree that it's a waste. To each their own though.

I do agree that if it's done wrong, It could be a massive waste of resources (like Garrisons). I'm assuming that it wouldn't be terrible. But the best thing about housing is that it can be iterated on over time; It doesn't have to be done right now. They can gradually add more and more rewards, it doesn't have to take up a lot of their time right now. Outside of those that push end-game content, the majority of players seem driven by cosmetic collections. I myself am driven by achievements (so, everything), but most achievements lack a reward. Housing, for me, adds an extra layer of incentive and reward to those achievements. If they combine housing with following FF's 1 character for every class model, I'll be in heaven. The game will literally be saved for me.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-04-07 at 10:30 AM.

I'm interested in player landmarks across the world. Like every zone having 5 spots for which ONE player each can set up a structure that provides them with some perk and will influence what happens in that zone. The landmarks will be contestable each week and with only a few hundred (5 x number of zones) spots, they'll be highly exclusive assets.

Seems way more interesting than some instanced player ghetto in a capital city that will be deserted before the first patch hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    If done right... YES!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it is safe to assume that this is happening, if not in 10.0, maybe in 10.2.. or somewhere along the road not too far.

I do not care about it, I find it pointless. But sure, add it. A LOT of people have wanted it for years now and I don´t see how it would affect me in a negative way. If something, it will bring in more players who moved over to FF just for things like this...

Player housing is dumb af. They want you to see other players, not hiding in your garrison 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    God no. Please don't waste resources on player housing.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Every time a new expansion announcement looms on the horizon, the subject of Player Housing is brought up. Every single time, without fail.

I've personally never seen the appeal of Player Housing, but I may be a bit of an outlier as I detest building even in games that have a large focus on building. I remember when I played Sims 4, I always picked a pre-made house to get into the gameplay quicker. Valheim I actually quit when I realized I had to build a house, and in Minecraft I've always built something really fast (usually in the side of a mountain or underground so I don't have to place as many blocks).

But I'm curious, how many here actually want Player Housing in WoW? And I'd also like to know why, because to me it seems like a strangely anti-social feature to have in an MMO.
    imo the poll is anaccurate. and therefore useless.

because it sounds like you can get player housing for free. and ofc, for free everyone takes everything. but since Blizz invests already that less in all the other features, the poll question should be:

Do you want player housing, when loosing even more typical content?

or maybe something like

Do you want player housing, instead of a new class?

Acting like „yeah, we get a full featured xpac, way better than SL and player housing on top of it“ is hillarious naive. a feature like player housing is a tradeoff. and i would be more interessted in ppls opinion, when they not get something (regardless if player housing or a simple mount) for free, but have to accept tradeoffs.

its hillarious to ask this. it’s the same as if i ask 100 ppls, if they wanna get 50cents for free. noone will say no. but if i ask them, if they walk 2 miles down the street for it, you get a way different result.

imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-07 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player housing should have been done 10 years ago.

But better late than never.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    No I can't see what need there is for player housing... would not use it, and IF it came, it would properly be THE FEATURE in the expansion... and I would leave wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    I'd say that's implied in the question, but I have had to explain that to some who don't seem to understand that Player Housing would come at the cost of other areas of the game suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    I can understand not caring for it, but why would anyone be against it? It would only be cosmetic and it taking people out of the world is a) not an issue with the current game and b) not even relevant.

It's a perfect side system that compliments achievements, giving much more meaning to otherwise pointless and tedious grinds as they offer new cosmetics to decorate with.

For me it's in the top 3 things I want in the game; But that's from a completionists PoV (where my number 1 is having every class available on 1 character similarly to FFXIV; Importantly giving us true account bound gameplay).
    are you kidding me? what’s wrong with you ppls?

I can understand not caring for it, but why would anyone be against it?

do you think you get it for free?

ppls act like they live in lala wonderland and missed the last few years. Blizz already invests less and less in wow. if you get player housing, you have a huge tradeoff. lets say you get a new xpac. no new zones, just some reworked old world, 3 dungeons, 1 raid per year. no new class. no new features. no good story or no story at all. but player housing. do you still want player housing?

acting like it’s just for free, on top of a great xpac, is hillarious and naive AF.

Honestly, I'd like to see it but only dependant on how it's implemented. If the tech was able to, I would love to see it implemented in a way similar to the Sims: grid based layout, where you can add walls of different heights, different floor textures and styles, add furniture, decorations, build multiple floors, etc.

Hell, even have unlockable items tied to reputations, achievements, in-game activities, etc. It would be future proof as well, with new styles and items added with subsequent patches, expansions, and content updates. That would be perfect for me. But then again, I love building houses in the Sims, so I have some bias there.

The problem I think with player housing in WoW is that they had opportunities to do it for ages and people wanted it back in vanillia to wrath ever since the stormwind sewer raid grate was supposed to lead to a housing area.

However, now its gone, and now many things are gone, I think WoW had its chance to have housing with WoD garrisons and the majority hated the isolated feeling of lonliness in the open world.

So I dont really want player housing, no.

Not because it cant work (See FFXIV with the limited housing system being a good way to incentivise social community) but because WoW's version would be closer to Garrisons and we saw how anti-social that made players.

I'm curious, what feature would people rather have?

Island Expeditions?
    Warfronts?
    Torghast?
    Visions of N'zoth?

Are these the bits of content that people would rather have? Housing is permanent, it will take some resources to implement, but after that you can build on it in EVERY expansion by just adding bits here and there. It's has so much more longevity than any of the systems listed above, and it would not just last one expansion.

You can not care, but how many of you really cared about any of the systems they've introduced lately anyway? The game boils down to raiding, PvP and M+ (which I highly doubt would change due to the inclusion of housing...); How much do you really care about the new systems that they add? Exactly what content would you want in its place? 'Anything' isn't an answer, give me an actual idea.

I would take a system that I wasn't huge on but would add to the game over expansions any day, over a system that I probably won't care about that only lasts for one expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

ppls act like they live in lala wonderland and missed the last few years. Blizz already invests less and less in wow. if you get player housing, you have a huge tradeoff. lets say you get a new xpac. no new zones, just some reworked old world, 3 dungeons, 1 raid per year. no new class. no new features. no good story or no story at all. but player housing. do you still want player housing?

acting like it’s just for free, on top of a great xpac, is hillarious and naive AF.
    Read my post a few up (Posted 11:15).

What exactly do you think we'd lose for Housing? Housing would last forever, not just for one expansion. We would be losing something akin to Torghast or Island Expeditions for it.

Fair enough if you don't care, but I honestly think it's asinine to not see the benefits of housing. Frankly, I stand by what I said; It being a 'waste of resources' isn't relevant. We pay a lot for the game, it's Blizzard's job to make the game good. Just because they want to churn out an expansion every 2 years doesn't mean I should consider that when asking for new content, that's on them. I would rather wait 10 years for the dream expansion than have them rushing them out, but I agree that that's naïve to expect.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-04-07 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    with the way things are going in e.g. crafting, if they introduced housing again, it would be so ridiculously expensive in terms of gold that you would need a daily token subscription
    Again? WoW already had housing?

Or are you thinking that garrison is housing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i don't remember players on the PTR in WOD saying the garrisons needed trade chat and AH option? from what i remember what was told at blizzcon about garrisons tested on alpha was dumped

the version of the garrison released was socially damaging, blizzard had to come up with a system of dailies, traders, and invasions just to get players to visit other players garrisons even into the expansion

btw, i still like the garrison, have one on every player at level 20+.not just for the other hearth stone and use them to this day. i still have to call a duck...a duck
    The demand comment was more towards the notion of whining by players because they were forced to interact with the Garrison during WoD.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I'm interested in player landmarks across the world. Like every zone having 5 spots for which ONE player each can set up a structure that provides them with some perk and will influence what happens in that zone. The landmarks will be contestable each week and with only a few hundred (5 x number of zones) spots, they'll be highly exclusive assets.

Seems way more interesting than some instanced player ghetto in a capital city that will be deserted before the first patch hits.
    What a horrible idea. It's like taking all the bad of the AQ40 opening and puting it into ... housing.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Player housing is dumb af. They want you to see other players, not hiding in your garrison 2.0.
    You know, player housing can be used for socializing, right? And people want to make it their own, not template generic faction base v1.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    God no. Please don't waste resources on player housing.
    They already drop so many resources on three other minority groups, why not the rest of the player base?

- - - Updated - - -

because it sounds like you can get player housing for free. and ofc, for free everyone takes everything. but since Blizz invests already that less in all the other features, the poll question should be:

or maybe something like

Acting like „yeah, we get a full featured xpac, way better than SL and player housing on top of it“ is hillarious naive. a feature like player housing is a tradeoff. and i would be more interessted in ppls opinion, when they not get something (regardless if player housing or a simple mount) for free, but have to accept tradeoffs.

its hillarious to ask this. it’s the same as if i ask 100 ppls, if they wanna get 50cents for free. noone will say no. but if i ask them, if they walk 2 miles down the street for it, you get a way different result.

imo.
    By your statement, the poll would have to have A LOT of selection options then, for the OP can't know it, so, you want the poll to be something like

I have a sub, and I want housing at the cost of a raid tier.
    I don't have a sub, and I want housing at the cost of a raid tier.
    I have a sub, and I want housing at the cost of a class.
    I don't have a sub, and I want housing at the cost of a class.

etc etc etc etc etc....

- - - Updated - - -

What? World players already sacrifice for Raid/M+/PvP players, you make it sound like adding housing is a new loss.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

or maybe something like

imo.
    Okay, but then we had expansions like MoP which gave you a new class, new race, pet battles, brawler's arena, a huge new continent, the farm, two islands with quests and things to do, a bunch of solid well loved loved raids and then suddenly you claim Blizzard to not being able to provide new content that would be on par with the above? Why do people claim getting one thing robs us of another? Blizz has proven they can provide more than one feature in an expansion without the rest being bad. Especially since Blizz claim to have the biggest team ever.

The claim "it will cost us a raid tier" is just so fucking old and tired at this point because it's all up to Blizz what they want to add and they can if they want as MoP and Legion has proved.