Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just as Jaina never got justice for Theramore, Talanji will have to move on and get over it.

Just as Sylvanas and the Horde will never pay for what they did, Tyrande will have to move on and get over it.

In azeroth things are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    I didn't say it's not canon.

- - - Updated - - -
    You said "The books don't matter. If it's not in the game, it didn't happen." but you didn't mean you don't consider them canon. Nice distinction without a difference.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You said "The books don't matter. If it's not in the game, it didn't happen." but you didn't mean you don't consider them canon. Nice distinction without a difference.
    Yeah because nobody cares about the books.

Just like the comics. The comics exist. The comics are canon. Me'dan is canon. But nobody cares. They don't matter.

So they're canon, but they might as well not be, because nothing in them has any relevance. If it did, it would be in the game. The books exist to extract more money from idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyreym View Post
    Just as Jaina never got justice for Theramore, Talanji will have to move on and get over it.

Just as Sylvanas and the Horde will never pay for what they did, Tyrande will have to move on and get over it.

Tell that to Greymane who lost his son to Sylvanas, and despite Sylvanas getting sent to the Maw... he's still salty that she isn't dead. Shockingly enough, he's one of the few characters that didn't go apeshit crazy or resorted to extreme measures like Jaina or Tyrande did. All he did was break a lantern that Sylvanas needed to get more Val'kyr.

Jaina locked up all the Sunreavers and Blood Elves in Dalaran for conspiring with Garrosh (and any who resisted were killed on the spot) and even lead a successful assault on Dazar'alor (which was how Rastakhan died)

Meanwhile Tyrande nearly destroys her body from the Night Warrior's power trying to find Sylvanas to kill her.

The point isn't that "they'll get over it" the big point is that they'll do something incredibly stupid that'll put them on a bad spotlight in just how crazy they want retribution.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Just like the comics. The comics exist. The comics are canon. Me'dan is canon. But nobody cares. They don't matter.

So they're canon, but they might as well not be, because nothing in them has any relevance. If it did, it would be in the game. The books exist to extract more money from idiots.
    this is some ignorant shit, the comic's were incredibly relevant they explain why Varian is back, they establish Broll Valeria and Rehgar, the horde and alliance peace and trade deal in wrath, and any number of other major lore points and characters. To just say point to Me'dan and say they don't matter is some next level stupid shit and that expands even further when you look at all the major plot points in the novels which still impacts wow today.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Tell that to Greymane who lost his son to Sylvanas, and despite Sylvanas getting sent to the Maw... he's still salty that she isn't dead. Shockingly enough, he's one of the few characters that didn't go apeshit crazy or resorted to extreme measures like Jaina or Tyrande did. All he did was break a lantern that Sylvanas needed to get more Val'kyr.

Jaina locked up all the Sunreavers and Blood Elves in Dalaran for conspiring with Garrosh (and any who resisted were killed on the spot) and even lead a successful assault on Dazar'alor (which was how Rastakhan died)

Meanwhile Tyrande nearly destroys her body from the Night Warrior's power trying to find Sylvanas to kill her.

The point isn't that "they'll get over it" the big point is that they'll do something incredibly stupid that'll put them on a bad spotlight in just how crazy they want retribution.
    Exactly. That's what I mean they're going to have to move on and get over it, because after all these years there's no way I can expect Blizzard to do these characters justice. They may even complain now and then and resent it, like Greymane, but that's it. That's what I think will happen to Talanji

Sounds to me like you're just looking for an excuse to complain that the lore doesn't make sense to you because you ignored so much of it. Reminds me of a Legion-era WoW comic I watched where a guy complained to everyone who would listen about how the game sucks because he didn't get a legendary yet but when asked he admitted he didn't do dungeons, pvp, raids, keys, or anything that would actually give it to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. That's what I mean they're going to have to move on and get over it, because after all these years there's no way I can expect Blizzard to do these characters justice. They may even complain now and then and resent it, like Greymane, but that's it. That's what I think will happen to Talanji
    Greymane needs to grow up and get his thumb out of his ass. Sylvanas didn't start the Gilneas invasion, Garrosh did. Sylvanas convinced Garrosh to give her command so he wouldn't use her people as cannon fodder for his. She also didn't ask Liam to jump in the way of her arrow. Yet he's acting like she was responsible for everything and targetting Liam deliberately. His whining and moaning is getting tiresome.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I for one would love to see the return of war mongering, blood thirsty trolls - be it Zandalari or the old school ones. Especially Zandalari, that entire civilization if properly mobilized could rival the combined forces of Humans and Dwarves.

Greymane needs to grow up and get his thumb out of his ass. Sylvanas didn't start the Gilneas invasion, Garrosh did. Sylvanas convinced Garrosh to give her command so he wouldn't use her people as cannon fodder for his. She also didn't ask Liam to jump in the way of her arrow. Yet he's acting like she was responsible for everything and targetting Liam deliberately. His whining and moaning is getting tiresome.
    Garrosh gave the order but Sylvanas was the one that prosecuted the bulk of the invasion and actually breached the wall. From then on, she's waging a total war to skimp on losses on her own side. Even outside of shooting his son, the way the war was prosecuted for the sake of expediency and preventing Forsaken losses are the reasons for the use of the plague that made his land uninhabitable and the use of his people as either slave labour or abomination materials. Genn has every reason in the world to hate her guts and the Forsaken at large.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yes, Garrosh ordered Gilneas be secured for the Horde, and Sylvanas was put in charge of that offensive. She wasn't particularly merciful, even defying Garrosh's orders in deploying the plague. Her choices directly caused numerous Gilnean casualties and the fall of their kingdom. Also, your victim blaming of Liam just seems very bizarre; Sylvanas shot the arrow to kill, and the fact it was intercepted didn't change her lethal intent. Do you really expect Genn to be fine with the whole affair just because she was trying to kill him instead of Liam? She shouldn't have been there to fire the arrow in the first place, given Gilneas gave zero provocation. He acts like she's responsible for everything because she literally was the one responsible for managing how the offensive was handled. Personally, I find the fact that Genn continues to hold onto the grudge refreshing given how much everyone else seems to simply forget all the offenses in WoW's history. It's be nice if Baine demanded reparations from the Council of Three Hammers for the Explorer's League actions in Mulgore and the extermination of the Stonespire, for instance.

She should but let's also not forget it was a war. They joined the horde, which was already fighting the alliance. She was a prisoner, but that didn't mean war and it didn't mean her father was going to/had to die from the hand of the alliance.

There were other forces that were going to kill him anyway, even without the ally. So if anything, she has to be like a softcore Greymane, if she tries to push it even more than 50%, it would be strange to me. She kind of brought the war to her own civilization if I remember right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Shadows rising shows that she does still have the grudge but she's also in a weak position in zandalar and needs horde support which they say they will give only if she doesn't persuader revenge.

- - - Updated - - -

shadows rising covers both her feelings toward her father and the alliance neither were forgotten.
    What's in the books is not relevant to the game, it usually gets completely ignored afterwards.

Theramore was one of the most justified military targets in all of wows history. The fact Blizzard treated it like some unimaginable line had been crossed was nonsensical.

It was a military port being used to supply a warzone in horde lands. It had tanks and a road straight into the heart of Horde lands. The Horde and Allaince were at war when it was destroyed.

If Jaina wanted to sit out the war she probably shouldn't of allowed her city to become the Humans main entry point into kalmidor or allowed it's marines invaded durotar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    "Wouldn't Talanji have a vendetta against the Alliance?"
    You mean like the one she had in Shadows Rising?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    "Wouldn't Talanji have a vendetta against the Alliance?"
    You mean like the one she had in Shadows Rising?
    Her portrayal in this book was dumb... ( SPOILERS FOR NON READERS !!!!!!!!!!!)

Talanji : " Blood trolls are attempting to kill me... Bwonsamdi helps me "
    Bwon : " Listen Talanji, call the horde for help they will help you, blood trolls are undermining my power I'm weakened "
    Talanji : ' No I won't be doing that, Zandalar is strong ! "

*murder attempt on her*

Talanji : " Bwonsamdi help me ! "
    Bwon : " I told you to call the horde.. "
    Talanji : "No, we are strong "

* another attack *

Bwon : " Listen Zekhan, told the princess she needs to call the horde, because she's dumb and don't listen to me "

Zekhan: " ok ! "

Talanji: * calls the horde*

Horde : *destroy the blood trolls*

Talanji : " Bwonsamdi you didn't help me you are useless "

Bwon : " ... "
    Last edited by Engal; 2022-04-18 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This is an argument that has zero bearing for Talanji. The Zandalari weren't involved in Teldrassil and the Horde is the only reason their country isn't run by a giant maggot and a senile hunchback. She's had 0 positive relations with the Alliance and participated in no behaviour that isn't entirely standard in a war that, for Zandalar, popped up with her abduction into a Stormwind dungeon. She doesn't need to operate out of some kind of villainous motive nor do her opponents, she can simply be mad because all those things I listed were done to her by the Alliance and are things people tend to be unhappy about.

If your dad gets shot in a war and your city gets hit you tend to be a bit miffed about it no matter the moral standing of your allies, especially allies who's most dubious action you didn't participate in and without whom you'd be dead. Talanji has zero reason to give a shit about the grievances of anyone in the Alliance or to flagellate herself about acts she didn't participate in. That said the writers still won't ever do it because the idea of standard state conflict based on standard human motives is like the sign of the cross to a demon.
    Give it an expansion. Talanji is predestinated to be the next Sylvanas. She is gonna poison the council, blame the Alliance for it (noone is gonna question that ofc until Patch 11.3.) and we go back to faction war. It just is a matter of which Alliance city goes up in smoke this time (probably gonna throw a dice) before Talanji goes into couples counceling with Jaina and the Horde goes unpunished yet again.

I really need to stop this. Danuser will just take my ideas and make money of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Give it an expansion. Talanji is predestinated to be the next Sylvanas. She is gonna poison the council, blame the Alliance for it (noone is gonna question that ofc until Patch 11.3.) and we go back to faction war. It just is a matter of which Alliance city goes up in smoke this time (probably gonna throw a dice) before Talanji goes into couples counceling with Jaina and the Horde goes unpunished yet again.

I really need to stop this. Danuser will just take my ideas and make money of them.
    Good guess, but it'll be Bob and he'll glass Ironforge because of the fantasy elf-dwarf rivalry. He's the longest running Horde leader who's yet to be deposed and replaced with some vacant-eyed non-entity and someone at Blizzard is getting the jitters realizing that there's been a racial head who hasn't been swapped yet on the red side.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Good guess, but it'll be Bob and he'll glass Ironforge because of the fantasy elf-dwarf rivalry. He's the longest running Horde leader who's yet to be deposed and replaced with some vacant-eyed non-entity and someone at Blizzard is getting the jitters realizing that there's been a racial head who hasn't been swapped yet on the red side.
    Naw he has become the armcandy of Thalyssra, so he is semi safe. They might warm up the Rommath coup idea though, forcing bob to flee at one point , can't have a human hater around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What's in the books is not relevant to the game, it usually gets completely ignored afterwards.
    Depends on the book, really. Some of the novels are interstitial stories that directly relate to upcoming expansions, and as such as very relevant to associated stories. Examples include The Shattering, where Garrosh becomes Warchief and Cairne is murdered, and War Crimes where Garrosh escapes his trial and sets up the plot of WoD. Without those novels, there would be zero context for major plot points that happen in Cata and WoD.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    I'm sure Bwonsamdi would have a few words to say if she DID want to start another war. Look how he let Rastakhan die.
    Yeah he would be ecstatic, since he could nab all these souls for himself. The reason he let Rastakhan die, was not because of waging war, but because he believed talanji would do a better job.