Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The issues you've pointed out aren't really something easily verifiable as "serious technical mistakes". It's difficult to even say how many of them are actual issues and not just the product of a pixelated, low res mess of a screenshot.
    How would a pixelated and low-resolution screenshot result in anything resembling part of the wing mesh clipping through the body? There's also the design issues being completely inconsistent with Blizzard's style and the numerous other things that can't be easily blamed on resolution or subjectivity.

[QUOTE=Ferlion;53712117]

My guess is that we won't really have to level, but by making dr Dragonflight content we will earn these class/spec points

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    You were making design observations. As well as technical ones.

But again. This is blizzard. And again, we do not know when these screenshots were taken.

- - - Updated - - -

As if armor doesn't clip through so much stuff already?
    It's a major feature of the body.

You were making design observations. As well as technical ones.
    All of those design observations were based on internal consistency, not denying the possibility of a redesign happening for a major character in a major expansion. This is incompatible with Blizzard's art style, riddled with very objective and obvious errors, and extremely sloppy work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    It's a major feature of the body.
    And? Tails clip through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    How would a pixelated and low-resolution screenshot result in anything resembling part of the wing mesh clipping through the body? There's also the design issues being completely inconsistent with Blizzard's style and the numerous other things that can't be easily blamed on resolution or subjectivity.
    Lol there are insane clipping issues in the live game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit man. The higher quality screenshot of the talent tree makes it seem real IMO.

Although I'm still suspicious of this because of its association with the race leak which we already pretty much debunked, I am still fascinated by the idea. The idea of splitting between baseline and specialized talents is interesting, for sure.
    Think we're being a little too hasty with this...

Ultimately your post was "Why does it look weird? I don't think it looks right artistically" which is purely subjective and based on a static unmoving model we haven't actually seen yet on a low res image. Hardly enough to say something's debunked. This same position happened with the Bolvar screen (to some people, and NOT just the eyes, either.) and here we are.

I know this off the discussion now, but was just checking N'zoth whispers, he says: Only I can save from ''What is to come", the jailer last line : a cosmos divided will not stand "what is to come''. could it be that n'zoth wasn't referring to Death but they were both referring to the old badie, (maybe this 7th force)??

Also N'zoth says Beware of the Eyes of Green: Primus ??

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's a difference between "a mesh clips through armor" and "a consistent, perpetually-present mesh literally clips through a body that it probably would be modeled as part of to begin with instead of as a separate mesh". I am also unsure as to why the wings would even be a separate mesh to begin with given that they probably won't need to be covered by armor, seem to be static and not customizable to an extent the entire model is interchangeable etc. like other attached meshes in models in WoW.

All of those design observations were based on internal consistency, not denying the possibility of a redesign happening for a major character in a major expansion. This is incompatible with Blizzard's art style, riddled with very objective and obvious errors, and extremely sloppy work.
    It's not incompatible with their work if you compare it with the revamped dragon models we had in BFA.

Also, again, the same was said about the Bastion art leaks.

WoW does not have a cohesive artstyle. They change it somehow every expac.

I lol'd at this interaction earlier.

Yeah, the need to scream about how things are fake (even though we just literally don't know until Blizzard says something) reminds me of the need on certain other sites to virtue signal about how much they hate games and movies and if anyone says anything positive or even neutral they need to get mad over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post

While I'm sure it's not real still, someone on discord posted this, said they got it from a guild member
    Please be real, please be real, please be real!

Blasphemy! Blizzard has never had clipping issues even in alpha! Allied race armor totally didn't clip on the races they were designed for. Nope.

yo im off for today too now, after catching up
    tomorrow well know for sure
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    Please be real, please be real, please be real!
    Same. Talent trees are something I really wanted, though people on /r/WoW all acted like I was Hitler for wanting them back. But like any idea, so long as Blizzard or a streamer says something it'll be okay to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Safio View Post
    Also N'zoth says Beware of the Eyes of Green: Primus ??
    Or Malfurion... or Salandria.... or Ysera's daughter...

It's not incompatible with their work if you compare it with the revamped dragon models we had in BFA.

Also, again, the same was said about the Bastion art leaks.

WoW does not have a cohesive artstyle. They change it somehow every expac.
    This is different. It's not just a matter of setting incompatibility, but it outright defies the most basic elements of the art style that have been eternally present. The small head alone is incompatible with the style they're using. Plus, we already know their new style for Dragon heads and the new one doesn't look like that at all.

I'm REALLY liking the look of these talent trees. There's a lot of potential in them.

The wing clipping issue could simply be the character creation/selection screen bugging. This happens very, very, very often in testing phases--eyes not showing glow, textures getting swapped out, weird things happening with geometry. The fact that the wings are misplaced here isn't a great indication of something being composite, because the person making a composite would have clearly seen the wings were stuck through the chest and probably fixed that.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...acter-template

The pixelated and low-resolution results in issues like your "weird" texture blending and fading points, or the ripples you've marked out, and marring on the model (which is impossible to tell if it's actually there). There is nothing about that picture inconsistent with Blizzard's style (this claim is itself pretty silly when your argument here seems to be that the model was scrapped together out of Blizzard assets.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-04-19 at 03:30 AM.