Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    In the end, there's not gonna be a winner. If the next expansion becomes great, who do we cheer for? The pre-orders, or the not pre-orders?
    Yeah, this is pretty close to how I feel about it. The whole preorder debacle is founded on just a simple difference in perspective and culminates into effectively nothing. At least, nothing substantial or tangible to us as the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh, if it would not affect my gaming experience too, when next halfassed xpac is released, thx to idiots like you, giving them all the money, before they even did the work and investment, i would give this comparison:

- Table1: Moves hands towards running lawn mower…
    - Table1s Dad: Be careful.
    - Table1: Don't tell me what to do Dad.

Lol. Don’t cut yourself on that edge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    These people think I meant I want to waterboard and slap them around for preordering I imagine
    Well, not to that level-- but I think they believe you mean to hold them accountable in a serious manner for their decision rather than just asking them why, and how they think, if the game has any problems right now, pre-ordering would resolve them.

I like to believe that you mean the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, I want Blizzard to listen to the players less.

Their games were a lot better when they didn't have social media whining influencing them.

Warcraft II and Warcraft III were among some of the best games of all time, and they made them with almost ZERO input from players.

World of Warcraft, prior to any expansions, became one of the biggest MMORPGs of all time, practically overnight, with almost ZERO input from players.

Now, instead of trying to make the game they want to make, the games that people loved, they compromise their vision to please the biggest (or loudest) whiners.

This is why they aren't making games as good as they used to; because of all of you people.

*prepurchase

You dont actually pay any money when you preorder

I will explain it just for you as you seem to need it

By interrogate I mean challenge, ask questions, ask for justification - obviously people don't have to do that, but why be on a forum at all if you only seek to state your belief and not justify it
    No I understood what you meant completely -- I just think you are getting too invested to the point that you sound deranged beyond the question of "Why did you pre-order X?"

Going 'we need to question everything' like its a murder trial sounds hokey as fuck like you are LARPing as some crusader of the game industry. Like to the point of unironically responding to baitposts and treating them as 100% fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    *prepurchase

Depends on where you preorder from. If you preorder digital from Blizzard you pay the whole price up front. If you preorder physical from a story yo usually have to put a few bucks down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You will pre-order because you believe you, the players, need to be listened to?
    I pre-order for I enjoy it, and believe, though vague at times, that we need to be listened to, and they have been more actively doing so as of late. Me not pre-ordering just means I have to wait till a little before release and buy it, maybe in a financial situation where I can't compare to now, and I'm not going to wait till after release, for why should I?

I don't believe we can have a final result of pre-order vs. not pre-order, for both show the possibility of being bad for investment and development. And if the expansion turns out good, who do we cheer for? if it turns out bad, who do we blame?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I could go into the nuance of that with you if you like but going by your previous posts it would be a waste of both our times I think
    All you have been doing is wasting your own time -- you responded to matheney2k when hes baitposting. Which would tell me that you are personally getting more involved as anyone responds to you with disagreement or trolling.

Calm down.

I pre-order for I enjoy it, and believe, though vague at times, that we need to be listened to, and they have been more actively doing so as of late. Me not pre-ordering just means I have to wait till a little before release and buy it, maybe in a financial situation where I can't compare to now, and I'm not going to wait till after release, for why should I?

I don't believe we can have a final result of pre-order vs. not pre-order, for both show the possibility of being bad for investment and development. And if the expansion turns out good, who do we cheer for? if it turns out bad, who do we blame?
    I was just trying to verify. I don't really believe like pre-ordering a product will assure that they will listen to you-- rather, I've felt the opposite. And the "they have been listening more actively lately," I don't really agree with. They start listening actively at the end of every expansion that was negatively received in order to salvage it. It's more about listening from the get-go and sticking to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh get over yourself and stop grandstanding

If we didn't challenge things we would still be in caves - no one has any true authority over anyone else, therefore you can and should interrogate everything
    There is no grandstanding. If you are the one who declared that it was toxic to pre-order, then it is as well toxic to "interrogate" people for their own actions of freedom, even though said is your freedom to do. Just because it is your freedom, doesn't mean it can't be toxic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Bet you I still enjoy it. foiled again!
    If you unironically enjoyed Sneedolands, then yes, chances are you'll enjoy the next expansion too.

Meh, I see no reason not to pre-order it. I've enjoyed Shadowlands (Oh god, the horror, I enjoyed a video game, CURSE MY EXISTENCE), and have enjoyed playing WoW for the past...many years since classic that I'd rather not speak of because then I feel old.

So, following the trend of WoD being the only expansion I honestly didn't really enjoy, I think it's fairly safe to say that pre-ordering Dragonflight, when I know I'm going to play it, and likely enjoy it, is a safe bet for me.

But hey, you guys do you with your money, just don't sit here and try to demean and bemoan others that, you know, actually enjoy the video game they're playing, and see no reason not to pre-order the expansion to said video game they're enjoying, with the safe assumption that they will, in fact, likely enjoy it. I know, it's a terribly difficult concept to comprehend, actually ENJOYING a video game, rather than spending an unhealthy amount of time shitting on it instead of just moving on with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not to that level-- but I think they believe you mean to hold them accountable in a serious manner for their decision rather than just asking them why, and how they think, if the game has any problems right now, pre-ordering would resolve them.

I like to believe that you mean the latter.
    I had a belief that he meant to question people in the first post, but the person kept using the term, and thus, my belief changed.

It's obvious you're both baiting, you really think that's not clear?
    Going "HA! I knew it was bait all along" doesnt make you sound less mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Meh, I see no reason not to pre-order it. I've enjoyed Shadowlands (Oh god, the horror, I enjoyed a video game, CURSE MY EXISTENCE)
    It's fine, you'll live. There are people that unironically enjoy Michael Bay Transformers movies, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Depends on where you preorder from. If you preorder digital from Blizzard you pay the whole price up front. If you preorder physical from a story yo usually have to put a few bucks down.
    Prepurchase =/= Preorder.

Blizzard encourages you to prepurchase (pay up front) for immediate in-game rewards and early access to the beta and/or new features before the expansion launches.

Preordering just reserves a copy and automatically conducts the transaction when the product releases.

I had a belief that he meant to question people in the first post, but the person kept using the term, and thus, my belief changed.
    Yes, hence why I felt it was miscommunication. I believe The Vindicator might be ESL.

It's fine, you'll live. There are people that unironically enjoy Michael Bay Transformers movies, too.
    I know, aren't opinions and different tastes great? It's like we can enjoy other things that some people don't!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    *prepurchase

That is the part people forget too, even though it was mentioned earlier that it won't even be on paper until the release.