Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why would Blizzard not announce a new Allied Race as part of their big reveal? Sounds unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    That was exactly what I thought as well. Makes sense since both Demon Hunter and Allied Races were preorder early access bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Where was that said or shown?
    It's literally the second link if you google Dragonflight covenant, wowhead article.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    I am gonna guess Tuskarr is the allied race. They have an otter mount, they wear player model glasses and they added females and kids and upressed them.

Who are the Darkfallen??
    Tuskarr as an allied race seems like a super weird choice. They have Pandaren-like bodies and - while players like them as an NPC race - are not very popular when it comes to playable races. So I really wouldn't get the idea behind them when you have way more interesting allied races.

Murozond or Galakrond or even Wrathion / Alexstrasza as the main villain at the end isn't very unlikely, so it's just a good guess. While the latter two might be a surprise, Murozond is very much expected if we're honest. It's as much a secret as N'zoth as the final boss of BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    10.0 is very different, in fact. As far as we see.
    It's not very different. It's very standard and has the least new things introduced we've ever seen. The biggest change is the new talent system, which is really just the old talent trees, just a bit more complex, but certainly nothing revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Why would Blizzard not announce a new Allied Race as part of their big reveal? Sounds unlikely.
    If it is part of the preorder it would be not good to announce them without doing preorder at the same time

Ooooh I hope it's more elves, I do love me some elven units

Also do we have a date for Pre orders yet because I REALLY want to Pre order!

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Given the cheeky "You'll love the preorder" followed by the stock dragon emoji, part of me wonders if they're not going to stall until Dracthyr and Evoker are in a serviceable place and make them playable for pre-orders in 9.2.5.

Feels kind of unlikely though, so we'll see.

Edit: Missed where RSG said it's something other than Dracthyr. Whatever it is will probably be neutral for fairness' sake, so I feel like that precludes Darkfallen since there's no way the Alliance would vibe with that.
    Pretty sure they confirmed Evoker will playable with the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Oh this is exciting! I'm awaiting pre order

No more elves. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Not that I don't believe you but it's the internet and information is confusing, could you source that for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    No more elves. Please.
    MOAR Elves please!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Undead race. The Tirisfal updates, encrypted Calia, and cinematic camera used for in-game cutscenes and especially race introductions all but guarantees them, sadly, since Tuskarr are...well, fuckin' Tuskarr, I want them.
    We do have a few unused skeletons and both dark fallen and tuskarr would fit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    even toweliee said early 2023 is way too early and he has lunch with those guys.
    He also said we wouldn’t get SL in 2020…I mean pretty much all the content creators at blizzcon were saying that but still

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    MOAR Elves please!

You can literally already play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Not that I don't believe you but it's the internet and information is confusing, could you source that for me?
    It's in the JudgeHype interview, you can find it on wowhead. Here's the quote:

"10.0 Pre-Patch Event
    The Pre-Patch event is planned to last for 2 weeks, and will introduce players to Dragonflight. A level 60 revamp of the classic dungeon Uldaman is planned for the event.
    Dracthyr Evokers will be available to players during the pre-patch event.
    Editor's note: There was no discussion of how Evokers would be initially available to players, but for reference - in Legion, Demon Hunters were first available on the 7.0 pre-patch event for players who had pre-ordered the expansion."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They said seasons should last 6-8 months when they already had knowledge about season 4. I doubt s4 would be longer one like Nyalotha or HFC since it doesn't release with patch, it's recycled content.

So 10.0 launch 14 months from 9.2 (April '23) is reasonable estimate. Pre-patch probably in March to increase subs before Q1 ends. Alpha June/July few weeks after 9.2.5 PTR is done.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Towellie also said 10.0 was going to be 'very, very different' and it turned out to be completely wrong, so no, he doesn't eat lunch with them.
    I mean, it is very very different. Rather than new systems, it focuses on reimaging old systems. And this talent system is very different to any we've had before. As a DH, I've never had my interrupt or dispel locked as talents, but they will be in this new system.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    It's not very different. It's very standard and has the least new things introduced we've ever seen. The biggest change is the new talent system, which is really just the old talent trees, just a bit more complex, but certainly nothing revolutionary.
    Talent system complete revamp, class changes, no new borrowed power, revamped flying from the start.

Its actually a pretty big design shift.

Just because it doesnt tick your exact boxes doesnt mean its not a big shift

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Towellie also said 10.0 was going to be 'very, very different' and it turned out to be completely wrong, so no, he doesn't eat lunch with them.
    What where you hoping for? Because what we have heard so far is pretty big in terms of design pholosophy.

Granted you may have wanted 5 new battle pets or instant lfr queue, free gear from world quests or whatever but that doesnt mean they didnt make a large design shift.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im expecting many, many allied races, all extremely diverse:

Red Elves
    Blue Elves
    Short Elves
    Fat Elves
    Poor Elves
    Rich Elves
    Left handed Elves
    Elves named Bruce
    Elves with regular ears but still totally Elves
    Elves that love bananas
    Elves that are not fond of Bananas
    Elves that are indifferent to Bananas
    Can't wait for left handed elves.

Both the leading guesses - Tuskarr and Darkfallen - sound awesome to me.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

can we not credit him as finding it when the twitter specifically says somebody showed him a 4chan leak.

he didnt find he was given it, not that it being in 2023 would be a any kind of suprise given their comments on season length, the fact were 2 months into s3 and we have s4 coming with 6-8months per season that leaves us with 10-14 months left of shadowlands as they have it planned.

wouldn't suprise me if morgan day's statement on season length was pre-planned to give them leeway to aim for a feb 2023 release, that can be pushed back to june 2023. that way if they dont get it out for feb the delay is prefaced with their expectations on season length.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2022-04-21 at 09:46 AM.