Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Talking about pre-patch events already, when this game won’t see the light of day before late 2023.
    That is an absurd timeline.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-04-23 at 06:33 PM.

Not loving the "sword is a splinter' line.... Not sure when that happened. At the end of Legion it's courrption was stemmed but it still cuased Azeroth to bleed so it was still damaging post "cleansing".

But the decentralised story is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird827 View Post
    Did you even read the whole article? Literally says that in the first interview.

Uldaman is getting a modern revamp that has the right amount of nostalgia while setting some new light on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like people were crying that Dracthyr had no customization, because all the information wasn't out. If there wasn't a progression system, there wouldn't really be a point in playing. Literally every game ever has a progression system. That's the entire point of RPGs.

Just beating dungeons for increasingly better gear is a progression system. Try waiting for all the information to actually be released before you cry like a child.
    That guy cries in every post he makes without appparent reason, best just ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    You say that, but its apparently very very popular in GW2
    Is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Did i miss anything, was there anything said about Uldaman in the presentation about Dragonflight?
    https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-gb/

Scroll down to additional features.

New Dungeons

Fight to reclaim Neltharus, stronghold of the black dragonflight, explore previously unknown chambers of Uldaman, defend the Life Pools of the red dragonflight, and more!

I know it is not "Heritage Armor", but Rogues really need the Blackened Defias armor set reworked for the 21st century...!

Nothing so far they talked about bothers me a tiny bet. I can't wait for alpha so I can get rid of this cautious optimism and "copium" people talk about. The only thing I was slightly bothered by was the Drakthyr models being too slim. Though that is it out the window since they are adding body type options. (Though, remember we were gonna get Kul Tiran body type options?)

Also, the fact that stonebro ( a cool character so far that every seems to like just based off the cinematic) is gonna be our story companion for a bit and Khadgar. I couldn't be more relieved.... I was totally expecting a very cringy indepenent woman virtue signalling random NPC as our companion throughout, after the shenanigans at Blizzard... not to say we won't get that... but so far I am so relieved. Way more than I was expecting. Like I said, can't wait for alpha.
    Last edited by GratsDing45; 2022-04-23 at 07:45 PM.

I hope they do more than discuss race/class combos. It's basically the determining factor of whether I bother with retail wow anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that we can find out via a throwaway mention in an interview two years after the expansion that focused heavily on the damn thing that the sword stuck in Silithus that caused the whole fucking planet to bleed an extremely volatile substance even after being depowered is now considered "just a big splinter" instead of being even referenced once as such in game. Really shows their writing chops and concern for world development at their studio. /sarcasm

I've already mentioned elsewhere how dumb Danuser is for his justification for the 'new unknown evil dragon factions' origins as it shows yet again he doesn't know prior events of the story he is writing for. The simple fact he isn't aware not all proto-drakes were empowered anyway, only the Aspects and their brood were because they were explicitly involved in working with the Titans' forces to get empowered as reward shows how clueless he is... once again.

On another note, are they really doing another 'Blue Dragonflight is waning/scattered' storyline again? Especially after we 'surprise' found a whole brood living on the Broken Isles two expansions ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbird827 View Post
    Did you even read the whole article? Literally says that in the first interview.

Uldaman is getting a modern revamp that has the right amount of nostalgia while setting some new light on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like people were crying that Dracthyr had no customization, because all the information wasn't out. If there wasn't a progression system, there wouldn't really be a point in playing. Literally every game ever has a progression system. That's the entire point of RPGs.

Just beating dungeons for increasingly better gear is a progression system. Try waiting for all the information to actually be released before you cry like a child.
    Nah dude I've played this game for 8 expansions. I know what progression means. Don't pull an Ion and try to define what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Not loving the "sword is a splinter' line.... Not sure when that happened. At the end of Legion it's courrption was stemmed but it still cuased Azeroth to bleed so it was still damaging post "cleansing".

But the decentralised story is promising.
    It was a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Uldaman is getting a modern revamp that has the right amount of nostalgia while setting some new light on it.

I've tried looking around, but couldn't find any official source with regards to whether the revamp would remove any legacy content. Anyone else have better luck? I want to know if I need to farm for anything.

• Normal mounts will be usable on the ground, but not for flying at the start.

*sigh* Well, there goes that dream.

• The old UI texture options will not be available to toggle with the new UI.

Will this affect addons such as ClassicUI? Will patch 10.0 render it impossible to restore the original portraits and whatnot with an addon?

• Players can expect the ability to make the torso more slender or slightly bulkier as well.

Only "slightly"?

• No confirmation on duck mount as of now.

I want one that has David Kaye's signature on it.

• There are no Azerite or Artifact power systems in Dragonflight, but a progressions system will obviously be a part of it.

There also goes that hope.

• Blizzard will continue to control the time-frame of certain unlocks. They like to have some things unlocked to all players at the same time.

...why?

• There will still be cosmic adventures in the future with great threats.

Not to kick a dead horse but, unless it's done in the style of Outland, you already burned any and all cosmic threats with Zovaal "Most Unpopular Villain Ever" the Jailer. Just stop while you're still six feet under.

• Dragonflight's story will not require you to have played Shadowlands to understand it.

I, too, would prefer to scrub Shadowlands from my brain.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Shadowlands didn't even feature Heritage Armors? I'm realizing now how little I missed.

Good to know they're discussing new race/class combos. Not surprising they have no confidence in lifting the Drac'thyr/Evoker exclusivity.

Lore-wise, makes sense Anduin is "stepping down as king for now." They're shelving that until Void/Light expansion when Turalyon can go batshit.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    "The ideal length for the Race to World First is around 10-11 days, but balancing for the top guilds is a real challenge."

Or here is a even better suggestion! Fucking don't!. Balance the game for the regular players. Not the top 2%
    Yeah, this is a huge problem in general as doing so affects every raider, not just the RWF contenders. It causes frustration for many regardless of where you may fall, either sitting around waiting for nerfs for weeks, feeling like your time is being wasted, or being upset that Blizz nerfed the harder version that you wanted to beat (and everything in between). This isn't even going into the long-term psychology effects balancing raid tiers this way has on the players themselves as we go through the same song and dance. It's an extremely terrible idea to balance a raid this way, and way more work for Blizz in the end ironically enough.

Add it to the list of lessons that Blizz hasn't shown that they're learning from everything we've heard thus far. My biggest concern coming out of Shadowlands was based upon the knee-jerk reactions and changes that came about in 9.1.5 and beyond: on the surface a lot of things look nice, but there's no indication that this was the start of a trend towards different design philosophies. Simply put, the situation so far feels like Blizz is adding a fresh coat of paint onto a shoddy house that's very unstable... the house may look nicer and more appealing, but it's still a shoddy house that could break at any moment.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

"Dracthyr forms will show your shoulders, tabards, and belts."

This actually really bothers me, Why design a class where you will not beable to see your armor 90% of the time. that is just odd.

"Anduin has been changed forever by his experience with Domination."
    Giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    This actually really bothers me, Why design a class where you will not beable to see your armor 90% of the time. that is just odd.
    It worked for the Druids, didn't it? I mean, for a long time they'd a separate form for each specialization: Bear for tanking, Cat for melee, moonkin for ranged, and Tree for healing. There used to be no way to see your equipment unless you didn't want to use your forms, which gave you all the buffs you needed for your role. Now with the moonkin glipht, the removal of the tree form, and specialization passives, that's pretty well solved. But that wasn't the case until after three or two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Great interview except for buffed.

Buffed should go die in a carfire for the clickbait ad-infested trash site that it is.
    Sadly there are still enough german WoW boomers to support that garbage site...
    Ironically, so far they had the best interview with the most interesting reveals so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Small things like this can make a big difference. Having the world feel more alive by having it actually connected by immersive means is way better than just throwing a portal somewhere and calling it a day.
    There is also a ship that goes to Boralus and a ship from the Echo Isles which goes to Zuldazar. However nobody uses these as we also have just the portals and weirdly enough they have never really shown us that these ships exist. I only discovered these by accident back in BfA.

I suspect they will also just add another portal to the new isles and you'll get to use the ship only once, which kinda kills the immersion, but at the same time it would also be a bit annoying to not have a portal when they've made us get used to them for such a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I would love a night elf heritage armor that is reminiscent to the armor they wore in WC3 and the Darkshore Assault (I think) where it's a more savage-looking outfit.
    If they add that I am race changing all my characters to Night Elf females.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    They should just do something similar to the Blood Elf armor.
    Give a close-to-nude option for the traditionalists and a more wooden/bark chestpiece or robe for others.
    Wait, the blood elfs have a "close-to-nude" option??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aernath View Post
    Small typo there dear admins:
    Stony Tony's real name is Watcher Koranos (not Korinos)

https://twitter.com/SteveDanuser/sta...84162475094022
    It's not a typo. They changed it to Korinos after all.

I suspect that Koranos just sounds too much alike like the muslim holy book, the Koran, but that's just speculation on my side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Nothing so far they talked about bothers me a tiny bet. I can't wait for alpha so I can get rid of this cautious optimism and "copium" people talk about. The only thing I was slightly bothered by was the Drakthyr models being too slim. Though that is it out the window since they are adding body type options. (Though, remember we were gonna get Kul Tiran body type options?)

Also, the fact that stonebro ( a cool character so far that every seems to like just based off the cinematic) is gonna be our story companion for a bit and Khadgar. I couldn't be more relieved.... I was totally expecting a very cringy indepenent woman virtue signalling random NPC as our companion throughout, after the shenanigans at Blizzard... not to say we won't get that... but so far I am so relieved. Way more than I was expecting. Like I said, can't wait for alpha.
    And yet you continue playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Not being able to toggle to the old UI is a big let down. Also "time works different in the shadowlands" ended up meaning nothing
    there will 100% be an addon that reverts it

15+ Year Old Account
    My hope for the Dracthyr is that we are not locked to the BE-esque male and human-esque female.

What I would like to see is at character creation you only do your dragon form customization. That's the form you do the starting questline in. When you finally choose a faction, that's when you pick the visage you want to use. At that point, you can choose from some of the races on the faction that you are choosing to go to. Pick Horde? You can do Blood Elf, Orc (maybe?), Troll, Tauren, Highmountain, etc. Alliance? Then you get do Human, Night Elf, Gnome, Dwarf, etc. Races that would make sense (probably only natives to Azeroth). And then from there you get the Dracthyr visage customizations like scales, horns, etc. Or choose none of the custom appearance options and look as normal as everyone else in your visage form if you desire.

• The team is playing with ways to make the Dracthyr's visage form usable in combat as well outside of using dragon abilities.
    I'm hoping we can choose to stay in visage form during combat, and then seamlessly have it switch to dragon form and then back for animations/abilities where we do things like the flying fire strafe and such that require using dragon related appendages (like hovering, flying, slashing, etc). On top of that if you aren't in dragon form you don't get the demon hunter-like glide, so you have a tradeoff being in the visage of a mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    This actually really bothers me, Why design a class where you will not beable to see your armor 90% of the time. that is just odd
    Druid has joined the chat.
    Last edited by k0nker; 2022-04-24 at 06:52 AM.