... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Here is the paradigm:

"I am sick of X, I want Y"
    "Here is coth(root(log2(Y))^5)"
    "Not that Y"

And there you go.
    Fixed that for you.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account

Well, like always...

1st thing - art (models, animations, special effects)
    - I don’t play games which stylistically unpleasant to me, this game lost me when lost appearance of my characters that I was approving
    2nd thing - game world organization system
    - everything is quite simple: specialized closed servers, open living seamless world, no-layers and no non-local randomly appearing group/single "social aliens", linear difficulties progression along with story/"content"&dungeons, with minimum of automation
    3rd thing - simple and logical RPG customization system
    - detailed, but with minimum-levels, simple system of characteristics, from which only one thing is required, to give system of role-playing customization and progress while obeying general hierarchy of systems' dependence/priority (i.e. not exceeding its powers) = with all its other stairs corresponding to their places and names

How about this?

ps. I know what I want, the way I want it and why
    (I think it makes no sense to mention about "how much" and "when")

Still:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    A lot of factors interfere with full implementation of such design: from itemization (organization of characteristics, approach to distribution of loot, progress organizaton, catch-up stuff, scaling everything with everything/everyone), content design (dungeon difficulty system, again scaling), class organization (secondary parasitic systems and chaos inside already existing hierarchy), banal greed (yes, these same tokens and other methods/motives) ~ if we add to this all regulation of social and server parts (inter-server mechanisms of interaction, including CRZ and search, phasing and WM), then picture of game's state will become complete for analysis and understanding (if add stuff about work of graphic designers and my complete rejection of appearance and animation of "new" models, their current style, then it can pinpointed a broad understanding of my personal attitude to game and about any desire to somehow associate myself with project, interest to it).
    but on the other hand...
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-05-17 at 11:22 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

It has become clear to me that Blizzard's design philosophy for WoW is not compatible with me playing the game.

So, I'd need them to make a clear, explicit change to their design philosophy. Inferring a change from new features wouldn't cut it -- we've been down that road before.

I very seriously doubt this would happen short of a total collapse and reboot, so I'm not holding my breath.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    "I swear to god, if they do Pathfinder one more time I will snap." - They ain't doing that, and now that is wrong too?

Yes because they are spending lots of resources in a NEW way to keep players from flying at max level. Ion loves to say that features he doesn't like personally will cost a raid tier, but what did this new not-flying feature cost? What could we have had if they just said "Fly at max level" and actually focused on making something for casuals in the world . . .like housing and related new professions, or some other thing to collect that is NEW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It has become clear to me that Blizzard's design philosophy for WoW is not compatible with me playing the game.

So, I'd need them to make a clear, explicit change to their design philosophy. Inferring a change from new features wouldn't cut it -- we've been down that road before.

I very seriously doubt this would happen short of a total collapse and reboot, so I'm not holding my breath.
    You've been on this refrain for quite some time, but I'm not sure I've seen a post where you detail what you actually want. What specific changes to their design philosophy are you looking for? I gather that you're looking for the designers to stop catering to the hardcore audience (e.g. delete mythic raiding) and to essentially grovel to the casuals and apologize profusely for not providing them more and better content all these years. But what does the game look like to you at that point, what is the endgame?

Dungeons, raids, and new highly tuned solo challenges like the mage tower.

I want to not be banned for calling for the extermination of orcs

I want my old school, dazes everyone in the raid, perfect Aspect of the Pack.

ppl simply want 2 things imo:

- content
    - quality

ppl DONT want cheap shit, max cost effective stuff, based on lowest possible investment. i.e. „systems“ that are based on some cheap UI and DB entries, keep you grinding and keep you „carotted on a stick“ without offering much real content. because content like dungeons, raids, new pvp areas, new open world areas are all expensive, cause of the needed gfx and design. also real new features, gameplay wise, are expensive because of changes to the game engine and logic code. ppls want content. real content.

and they wanna get served that content, not packed into horrible cheap shit stories, like in SL. they want qualiy in the story and lore. and they don’t want cheap rehashed cost effective content. in short: quality. quality in content, stories and features. not quickly assembled, rehashed, halfassed stupid beta shit.

in short: ppl want real content. based on quality. simple as that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-25 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Bingo. That why we don't have scenarios.
    A Bingo would be dungeons being gone because of Scenarios. Here's a bingo for you though - no one is asking for Garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    He's... not wrong? I'm not sure what you expected, here. O_o
    It's was sort of a joke but the fact that two of you didn't read it is kind of amusing now I gotta admit. :P

Whatever people want out of the game they are clearly not getting, as Blizzard revenues and MAU's tanked yet again last quarter. Funny that MMOC is not reporting on that. I guess if your head is in the sand then nothing bad can be happening.

Im sick this game cost isnt their valor anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You are in the very very tiny minority. And your last sentence is literally part of why most people don't enjoy world pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Are you fucking kidding me with this? A new class/race is one of the biggest parts of a new extension's content. Its typically one of the first things announced. So saying that people who judge an expansion on it shouldn't be listened to is beyond fucking asinine.

I bet you're the kind of person who defends WoW no matter how much Blizzard shits on the community
    ye because they judge an expansion solely on one aspect and when anyone mentions anything else they SHIT on what they say, so bias
    and no i despise blizzard in recent years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    A new class/race is one of the biggest parts of a new extension's content. Its typically one of the first things announced. So saying that people who judge an expansion on it shouldn't be listened to is beyond fucking asinine.
    Respectfully I see this as rather hit and miss. Death Knights were certainly an important part of Wrath and arguably contributed a great deal to the expansion and game thereafter.

I'm less certain about after that: Mists is better remembered these days but hardly anyone loves it for pandaren/monks. I don't see a lot of people talking about demon hunters from Legion either. Many of those who remember Legion well remember it for other things from what I see.

The game is in a place these days with a lot of players who have been in the game for a long time. It seems they are perfectly happy to try out new races and classes but rarely make them their main. That's OK and can certainly help an expansion but ultimately expansions are judged on other things. People judging DF before hardly anything is really known about it are jumping the gun.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have been chewing on this question for a bit, reading the back and forth about player housing and the raider vs casual dilemma.

I'm a casual player, but I have been a raider. I have been playing since vanilla and I love the game for the world that has been built and the community, even with all it's faults.

If I were one of the cool kids who had any say in what happens , I would advocate for solo instance/dungeons opportunities. Much like how you can choose difficulty level going into a raid or dungeon, have the ability to choose solo. Sure it would be and should be easier, drops should reflect ilevels needed as a solo player. We should get weekly vaults with cool stuff too. There is so much content I have yet to see because I can't commit to a raid schedule. It would be cool to do some of before it's 3 expansions later.

In my head it would work like everything else, you can run it solo or as a group but only one or the other and you are stuck with that choice through the weekly reset. Sure people will complain, but we are all gonna have difference of opinion. That's being human

As for player housing, well whatever. I don't see myself taking advantage of it if we had it but I am not mad that people want to. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Staara View Post
    I would advocate for solo instance/dungeons opportunities. Much like how you can choose difficulty level going into a raid or dungeon, have the ability to choose solo. Sure it would be and should be easier, drops should reflect ilevels needed as a solo player. We should get weekly vaults with cool stuff too. There is so much content I have yet to see because I can't commit to a raid schedule. It would be cool to do some of before it's 3 expansions later.
    I agree completely, the exploration and main questline are my favorite parts of the game, I can't often find the time to commit to even a PUG raid, so I end up missing out on playing all of the Raid content when it's relevant. I usually just watch it online and then solo it 2-3 xpacs later.

Quote Originally Posted by Staara View Post
    I have been chewing on this question for a bit, reading the back and forth about player housing and the raider vs casual dilemma.

I'm a casual player, but I have been a raider. I have been playing since vanilla and I love the game for the world that has been built and the community, even with all it's faults.

If I were one of the cool kids who had any say in what happens , I would advocate for solo instance/dungeons opportunities. Much like how you can choose difficulty level going into a raid or dungeon, have the ability to choose solo. Sure it would be and should be easier, drops should reflect ilevels needed as a solo player. We should get weekly vaults with cool stuff too. There is so much content I have yet to see because I can't commit to a raid schedule. It would be cool to do some of before it's 3 expansions later.

In my head it would work like everything else, you can run it solo or as a group but only one or the other and you are stuck with that choice through the weekly reset. Sure people will complain, but we are all gonna have difference of opinion. That's being human

As for player housing, well whatever. I don't see myself taking advantage of it if we had it but I am not mad that people want to. To each their own.
    this sounds like a good idea but ALOT of solo players will complain that it's too hard/too easy because those kind of players never shut up lol

I want a proper Nzod expansion that changes the whole world.
    A Legion expansion that actually invades all of Azeroth...
    Argus being its own expansion...
    I want the Emerald Dream expansion that was hinted at in Legion... but was barely explored...

I don't want 1 patch (per Xpack) or 1 topic per zone. I want THE WHOLE EXPANSION around those ideas. 1 Idea = 1 expansion. Don't mix it all together cus then there is no time to make each one of those as epic as they can be. Then you add some other stuff to keep it interesting, not the other way around.

I guess every single expansion in the last few years disappointed me. I expect more, and usually got less. It's all cool, I liked Legion and BFA, but they had ideas that could span 2 or 3 expansions. The feeling of rushed content sucks. It's like they don't care about the things I care the most about. Makes it feel horrible.

This is what I want and what it's too late to get. It's all ruined now. What I want from Blizz after 2022? Nothing lol. They can't really make anything anymore that excites me. The hype for me is gone. The only possible thing that will excite me at this point is WoW 2 or a HUGE Azeroth revamp again. That's all. Both of those wont happen so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    My desires for the game are fairly simple. I want:

An expansion that gives me new zones to level in with at least somewhat interesting questlines that don't rely on reading multitudes of paragraphs to understand.

An expansion that does not over complicate things with random expansion-long systems that punish you for literally any time spent playing the game on anything other than your main.

An expansion that doesn't push raiders to do PvP or constantly grind Mythic+ in order to maintain relevance, and the same for for players that prefer Mythic+ content or PvP. I would like each of these to maintain their own separate progression path.

An expansion that lets organized raid groups determine their preferred loot distribution method.

Unrestricted access to flight is a plus.
    YESSSSSSS. All of this, except the last part. I'm excited for dragonriding. Yes to all the rest though