Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wait a minute…what happened to Remornia?

So Big Daddy Denathrius gets his soul sucked into her at the end of the Castle Nathria raid encounter (great fight with great voice acting BTW), then I remember the Dreadlords or someone steals the sword as … part of the second venthyr quest line?

But where’s the sword now?

I loved that plot line, I’m mad it seems to have been dropped.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    "With the Jailer in possession of four of the five necessary sigils to open the Sepulcher, the nathrezim revealed their infiltration of Revendreth and rescued their master by having Kin'tessa grabbing Remornia away."

Sounds like his plotline is finished for now and will be a plot hook in a later expansion, probably whenever we go back to the greater cosmos.

Gotta have them dreadlords return somehow, the team rocket of wow.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Blizzard put it behind a glass box, to be broken in case it's ever needed again.

Denathrius will pop out of the sword near the end of dragonflight to reveal whatever the jailer was super scared of transitioning us to the next expansion, "WoW: Next Cosmic Catastrophe"

10+ Year Old Account
    So Big Daddy Denathrius gets his soul sucked into her at the end of the Castle Nathria raid encounter (great fight with great voice acting BTW), then I remember the Dreadlords or someone steals the sword as … part of the second venthyr quest line?

I loved that plot line, I’m mad it seems to have been dropped.
    Currently held by a group of Dreadlords, somewhere unknown?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Basically he was meant to be killed off, but people liked him, so his life was spared, to be put in the ice box for possible future use.

Didn't mean they still had a role for him in Shadowlands, so we didn't see him again later. Could be several expansions before we see him again. Like Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Remornia remains a plot token and/or MacGuffin in the wings, awaiting a point in the story in which they want to bring back Denathrius for another delightful turn in the story's spotlight. It is presumably in the possession of the Dreadlords at current and could be reintroduced any time, anywhere.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    What sword?

It's probably just a splinter for the rest of the story... Like the other sword

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently missing, presumed...?

Two great ways to make use of Denathrius: either he seizes control of the Scourge on Azeroth (he is still a death god, and the Dreadlords were the original masters of the Scourge), or he attempts to seize control of the Legion, leverging any influence the nathrezim have amongst demon-kind.

I like that second one mostly because if Denathrius embraces the Fel and becomes a demon he could get some kickass wings to finally match his babies properly.

5+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know the Dreadlords fly off with the sword somewhere, no clue where. Mal’ganis didn’t have it when he died so I bet they are plotting some new scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The only good story thing in all of Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably stuck in the Danuser toybox until he randomly decides to bring it out later and have Denathrius return only to promptly fall on his ass after tripping over his lack of character. It really goes to show what little there is to the guy when they didn't even intend to let him survive the castle encounter until Danuser heard and enjoyed the VA's work only to stick him in a sword and have it disappear just so people forget he exists.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2022-04-25 at 06:52 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It will become the next DK artifact in Legion 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    This couldn’t be more accurate.

Reminder that Denathrius was never intended to be seen again, but Blizzard made a popular character by accident so now they have to hold him in a storage until they can milk him again.

For years I've been kinda over the fact that no one ever dies in this game.

We cut off Onyxia and Nefarian's head, hung it from the rafters of Stormwind / placed it on a pike in Orgrimmar, then in Cataclysm...just a setback!?!?!
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    It will become the next DK artifact in Legion 2.
    Legion 2: Dreadlord Boogaloo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    For years I've been kinda over the fact that no one ever dies in this game.

We cut off Onyxia and Nefarian's head, hung it from the rafters of Stormwind / placed it on a pike in Orgrimmar, then in Cataclysm...just a setback!?!?!
    Death has always been a slap on the wrist in WoW, more so now than ever before.

But if it helps in the case of Nefarian and Onyxia, both of them are actually undead in Cata. Nefarian's head was recovered by Twilight cultists (which both Stormwind and Orgrimmar were lousy with) and he was reanimated by the cult to continue his former work. The now undead Nefarian recovered his sister's head and body and reanimated her as well, albeit more as a dragon/abomination completely enslaved to his will. Both of them were then killed again, and have thankfully remained dead since, as we revisit their corpses in BfA to acquire Black dragon scales for Wrathion's proposed cloak to ward off the effects of Ny'alotha.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    What sword?

It's probably just a splinter for the rest of the story... Like the other sword
    pssst we do not talk about that other Sword just like Blizz