Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    While I am not interesting in the class... out of the 4 classes added to the game, it's only the 3rd least interesting one to be added. (monk>evoker> death knight>demon hunter) Due to their themes.
    Obviously, when we are able to get a hands on experiences, it may go up or down.

tbh, imo that will end in a huge flop.

since it’s (after a while, when things are normalized) 1 class out of 13, it will please just 1/13 aka 7,7% of the wow playerbase. this is the already existing typical problem of every new class as a feature. but on top of that it

- just have 2 specs
    - is way less fitting into overall wow Arc
    - will not be that awaited as i.e. „playing Illidan“ (DH in Legion)
    - looks stupid to many ppls (as i see this in threads)
    - is not based on some wow key aspects (like DH or DK)
    - is transported in a non-crucial story xpac

what i wanna say:
    there is a huge difference between i.e. DH in Legion and Evoker in DF.
    imo it will be a huge flop. for many reasons.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-27 at 03:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Smile

I don't like this </troll mode on> but perhaps this is what "current" system can offer you without fear of shaking the tree.</off>
    Too narrow, unoriginal, and everything looks like class farfetched specifically for this race (= fraction), they might as well have their own racial version of mage/shaman/warrior/rogue/*looking with a laugh at taurens* paladins and priests... well, you understand. So, this was also basis for DH creation (namely, faction is interpreted as separate class, which is stupid and wrong). I see pattern, I voice it.

ps. Why do I insist that it's still basically the same system? Well, there are certain general signs... Yes - polished, but same in essence, which means it's going to repeat most of same core problems. And it doesn't matter which of classes will be under consideration.

hitch on topic: I don’t understand what race (Drac'thyr) has to do with regard to class (Evoker) discussion, they are 2 different planes

Edited:
    If I already touched on them (race), so I have to say following - I don't like idea behind them:
    1) if they wanted to give them dragon status, then humanoid form itself shouldn't look different from other races (no any evidence of scales by default; could be almost any race), BUT at the same time they could "bristle"/goes on partially covered with scales (this would be their combat form and no mini-dragon forms) during battle, as armor (along with real wearable one), as "basic" Azeroth's dragons actually do, using basic animations of other races, and become full-scale dragons only for the sake of traveling and cut-scenes
    2) if they wanted to give them status of dragon-people, then implementation itself is lame (them as ones, because Azeroth already has such and they aren't like them), it wasn't worth mentioning here about dragons in principle and in some way comparing with them, moreover - in this case, this race will immediately lose its essence/"ideological deliciousness" and lore component, but giving devs free hand in terms of appearance.

Since I don't like new direction of art since 2014 (you know), I won't comment on appearance of these "lizards", much less their humanoid forms, but you can guess what I think about the latest
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-04-28 at 11:01 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

5+ Year Old Account
    I honestly would rather have bard instead of this. I mean, it’s not that bad but I’m not a big fan of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they -- at the VERY least -- need to have the option to be classes other than Evoker. I'd be fine with them then.

I really hate this trend of two-spec, limited-race classes and Dracthyr is more of the same. Any hope I had of them putting in that extra bit of effort to make the class feel like it fits in was broken the moment I heard this.

It's actually a big deal for me because I think a lot of the fun of WoW's huge selection of races is how different it feels to play, say, a human mage compared to a troll mage. It's a problem that made me dislike demon hunters and it'll make me dislike evokers too, it almost feels disingenuous for them to claim there's a new race when it's tied to a single class.

And seriously, where the hell is a tank/melee dps third spec? For demon hunter I can reluctantly somewhat understand their perspective but with Evoker there is no precedent for this completely new idea, and I'd argue there's precedent within dragon lore for there to be a melee spec/role, considering you're a giant fucking lizard.
    Last edited by Irian; 2022-04-27 at 05:52 AM.

I'll answer when i've had a chance to try it out

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen the 4-5 spells in the announcement so i'm pretty confused how everyone in here can judge the class ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I find it pretty hilarious that your strategy here (and in other threads) is falling back on complaining about "furry", but then your ideal "what we should have gotten" version (and your main, according to your signature) is just more furry shit, but bara.

Self-hating furries, what a time to be alive.
    Lol this exactly!

That said we have next to nothing on the class so far. So idk if I like it? I like the concept a lot.

The race seems like a missed opportunity. Even if they want evokers to only be Drakthyr, I'm not seeing why Drakthyr can't be other classes too. Warrior and Mage both seem to fit, for a start.

But "some sort of dragon spec" has been my most wanted alongside Tinker. Really it's just tinker, bard and this that I want still. So I'm happy. Should've had a tank spec though...
    Last edited by Firefall; 2022-04-27 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Self-explanatory. Personally don't like it and I think the Drac'thyr should be a full race and the Evoker non-existent. Discuss if you wish.
    I like the concept of the Drac'thyr but not that they are locked to a single class. So, my vote is for 'No' to Evoker but not the race, but who knows, we've yet to try them after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The character model for Drac'thyr looks so off.. like it doesnt even belong in Warcraft at all. That completely ruins it for me.

Evoker is fine. Not my cup of tea, but neither are some current classes. Dracthyr are the problem for me. No armor and no mounting in dragon form, one class. Very meh.

No one has played it yet. So how can you like or not like something you've never experienced?

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    They have a super cringe human/humanesque form like a worgen *slits wrists diagonally*
    would have bought it day 1 now i will wait a year as usual.

i don't care for ranged gameplay so nope.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    tbh, imo that will end in a huge flop.

since it’s (after a while, when things are normalized) 1 class out of 13, it will please just 1/13 aka 7,7% of the wow playerbase. this is the already existing typical problem of every new class as a feature. but on top of that it

- just have 2 specs
    - is way less fitting into overall wow Arc
    - will not be that awaited as i.e. „playing Illidan“ (DH in Legion)
    - looks stupid to many ppls (as i see this in threads)
    - is not based on some wow key aspects (like DH or DK)
    - is transported in a non-crucial story xpac

what i wanna say:
    there is a huge difference between i.e. DH in Legion and Evoker in DF.
    imo it will be a huge flop. for many reasons.
    Anyone thinking this class is going to flop hasn't been paying attention to what this class is offering. While I am disappointed that it is only 2 specs, Demon Hunters have done just fine popularity-wise with 2 specs because they have nailed the fantasy of being a demon hunter. If this class nails the fantasy of being a dragon, then it's going to do very well also. Considering this class debuts in the DRAGON Isles, it's going to be next to impossible for Blizzard not to nail the fantasy. Players are going to be completely enveloped by it throughout the entirety of the upcoming expansion.

Further, there HAVE been people awaiting the opportunity to play a character akin to Wrathion, Kalecgos, or Alexstraza. Wrathion is easily one of the top characters in WoW at the moment, especially among the younger demographic of players. People LOVE dragons as a fantasy, and WoW is giving them that opportunity which is very novel in WoW's class lineup, and frankly the lineup of many MMO games.

Just look at the fan art already popping up;

I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I like the concept behind them and the spell visuals for sure…

But they look far too fragile and like a scalie’s fantasy than an actual “ideal soldiers/spellcasters for the dragons”

Though if they looked more like these I’d like them way better…

I hope these images make it to Blizzard and they try to make some subtle updates so that the race looks a little more like this.
    Small changes that make a big difference to the levels of badassery.

I like the visage forms, but find the dragon form uninteresting. The class fantasy doesn’t appeal to me. I have never mained DH but I definitely felt like I had to try it after the reveal, and I just don’t feel like I even need to do that with evoker. Seems like some people are into it, though.

I don't like it, as I don't like the Priest or Shaman as a class to play. It doesn't cater to me and my fantasy and I don't care if they would exist as a playable class or not. Which means I don't mind other people playing and enjoying them, I just wouldn't do and rather stick to the classes I do enjoy.

I also somewhat do agree with those who think that they neither fulfill the fantasy of being a Warcraft dragon, nor the fantasy of being a Warcraft dragonman. At least presented to us through Warcraft lore, being it game, books or comics, so far. It feels like another author is trying to write a continuation of a previous story, with his own new additions but also much disregard of any already established lore.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I personally predict the DE to be one of the top 3 classes in the game on a consistent basis. It's simply bringing too much to the table.
    People painting cleavage with some scales for color accents does not really tell us much about how popular the class will be in game.