Poll: Will you return for DF?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    You are not the kind of person i was referring to in my post, you know how to search and judge, from your words you know what you are talking about.

im talking about people who obsesses over minimal things and flood these forums, demanding stuff while not caring about other systems or anything else in the game
    Oh I understand now, yeah like the people saying they will quit if dracthyr doesn’t get to be a warrior or something. Makes sense lol

I have no intention to play any expansion for the long haul so I usually sub for a month on release and close to expansion end. You get the honeymoon phase in the beginning when everyones attitude is non-hostile and everyone is just having fun doing the new content, then its best to play toward the end of the expansion to experience everything new to the game since you last played & tonnes of feedback resulting in QoL gameplay changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Poll tries to cover all bases, no bias from me either way. Its a simple question: From the little you have seen from DF, is it enough to bring you back?

Personally, im waiting to see more, in particular what they are doing with the classes. Nothing i have seen has interested me at all really, the dragon flying looks fun, but really wouldnt be enough for me to pay a sub and buy an expansion.

note - option for those who are currently playing and will continue to play so it doesnt appear bias.
    I haven't read ANY of the comments in this thread, but I did vote (I play now, will continue to play), but that's not what's so enlightening to me. 42 people who've voted (at the time of writing this) don't play WoW, nor are they interested in Dragonflight. So why on earth are 42 of you here...on this WoW website? Just to troll and try to make others dislike the game like you? Always baffles me why people who don't play, nor want to play, are here flaming the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    "Praise".. sure, lol. People mostly lament that there was at least something for the solo crowd, even though it was (most definitely) badly excuted, because everything in WoW needs to be part of the hamster wheel, even if it is a 50 ton lead cube.
    I never really had an issue with WF or IE. Quite liked them, though the darkshore WF was the worse than arathi. Problem with those features(especially IE), was that people figured it was required to farm it ALOT for AP and in the end Blizzard was to blame for that. Do IE, get AP = stronger character. So people farmed it like madmen, though it probably wasnt really required. The discourse said that it was though, so didnt matter.

Torghast has potential too, but that feature within the game will also be scrapped & forgotten. The concept is cool though and theres something there to build upon. Its much better now than it was in 9.0 & 9.1.

Would have quite liked if they carried on with WF & IE in SL to and beyond. But Blizzard has this habit of going balls deep on features in a xpac, only to NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN CAUSE X/Y instead of tuning/building upon it.

Anyway; I'll play DF for sure. I'll get the standard box price and be subbed for how long I find it fun.

Depends on whether token prices dip below 150,000g (they have at the beginning of the past two expansions). That'll give me one month to see how things go, but if gold income via leveling doesn't cover another month then I guess that's it. I HIGHLY doubt I'll find the game fun enough to spend my own money to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm on the fence about it. I'm probably 60/40 towards not coming back. I like what I've heard so far (mor or less) but since SL, I've gotten the feeling that the game direction just isn't my cup of tea anymore. They are reversing course on some of the stuff that drove me away, but I'm not confident that this game team is terribly interested in pushing the type of content and story that I like. Which is fine. I've gotten many years of fun out of the game so far.
    This is about where I am with everything. I like a lot of what I'm seeing out of DF and the team's decisions but I've been burned so bad by SL and BfA that I'm just not able to trust them. I think what will most likely happen for me is I will continue to watch the info coming out from the team and, assuming everything is executed well, I may resub for the Pre-patch event but not actually buy the expansion. Then, if they deliver 10.1 in a reasonable timeframe *and* its actually good, I may consider buying the expansion.

But who knows, maybe the expansion and its launch are so good they persuade me otherwise. I don't know how'd they would actually do that, but it's not impossible.

It's kinda weird, this is the first expansion I will not be playing at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    So why on earth are 42 of you here...on this WoW website? Just to troll and try to make others dislike the game like you? Always baffles me why people who don't play, nor want to play, are here flaming the game.
    It's like an ex-boyfriend that can't help but creep on their ex's socials, quietly judging every decision as if they're being made in bad faith and offering their opinions when they're clearly no longer wanted or appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Depends on whether token prices dip below 150,000g (they have at the beginning of the past two expansions). That'll give me one month to see how things go, but if gold income via leveling doesn't cover another month then I guess that's it. I HIGHLY doubt I'll find the game fun enough to spend my own money to play.
    You'll drop $60 dollaradoos for the game itself but want to skimp on the subscription? To each their own, I guess.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-05-02 at 03:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe.

Really want to see Blizzard change their mind and allow the new dragon race to be classes other than evoker. If that restriction stays in place I’ll probably pass until they lift it.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You'll drop $60 dollaradoos for the game itself but want to skimp on the subscription? To each their own, I guess.
    Oh, I won't be spending any real dollaradoos on it. I converted all my remaining gold to bnet balance (the reason why I don't have a full token's worth now), and unless something has changed since SL was released expansions can still be purchased with that balance. Don't know what's going to happen to it if the Microsoft deal passes and other than Diablo 4 there's nothing else I see myself spending it on over the next couple of years.

Yes. I bought a token for a month recently. Did all the ZM quest, made a couple of mounts, did an LFR of the final raid. Burned out on SL but I will definitely come back for DF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    I haven't read ANY of the comments in this thread, but I did vote (I play now, will continue to play), but that's not what's so enlightening to me. 42 people who've voted (at the time of writing this) don't play WoW, nor are they interested in Dragonflight. So why on earth are 42 of you here...on this WoW website? Just to troll and try to make others dislike the game like you? Always baffles me why people who don't play, nor want to play, are here flaming the game.
    I don't own a supra anymore. I frequent two supra forums. I haven't played rugby in a decade, and frequent one rugby forum.

Your logic is completely flawed and contains far too much salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    "Gating flying" dragon riding is literally a better version of our flying and it is day 1. It literally goes faster than 310 max flying speed.

People who are complaining about stuff like this are the reason why the devs barely listen to stupid feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Um...read the poll again. It shows more people are still playing and will continue
    100% this
    the dumbest people are often the loudest.

Maybe eventually. I'm done with playing at launch with the current design choice of delaying flying. It burned me out so badly that by the time they added flying to Shadowlands, I was just done with the game. I gave it a try and it's not for me. If it otherwise looks good I may try it later on, depends on what reception it gets compared to the last couple expansions.

Eta: yes I know dragonflight is there but for me it's a poor replacement. I don't want to play a mini game while traveling. I want my content to be at my destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's like an ex-boyfriend that can't help but creep on their ex's socials, quietly judging every decision as if they're being made in bad faith and offering their opinions when they're clearly no longer wanted or appreciated.
    So your opinion is if someone is not currently playing, their opinion is not wanted and not appreciated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    100% this
    the dumbest people are often the loudest.
    I think there is a world of difference between someone like myself who says they wish they had gone a different direction with M+, but understand thousands Like the current system, and so wouldn't want it changed, and someone who says "blizzard are dumb and should change M+ to this super specific playstyle I enjoy, or I'll quit and all my friends will quit and the game will fail".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rmh1985 View Post
    Maybe eventually. I'm done with playing at launch with the current design choice of delaying flying. It burned me out so badly that by the time they added flying to Shadowlands, I was just done with the game. I gave it a try and it's not for me. If it otherwise looks good I may try it later on, depends on what reception it gets compared to the last couple expansions.

Eta: yes I know dragonflight is there but for me it's a poor replacement. I don't want to play a mini game while traveling. I want my content to be at my destination.
    A mini game? You just.....fly. There are optional additional features, but I don't think any of it is mandatory except for in the challenge missions which are no doubt coming
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Obviously the "no interest option" is the lowest since most people that abandoned wow are not using mmochamp anymore?

I will play, however i always take breaks when we finish a raid tier, keeps teh game more fun when i dont play it 24/7.

I'll definitely play launch. How long I stay will depend on whether or not I decide to join a raiding guild and how well that guild ends up doing. I've always found WoW to be the most fun in a raiding guild that's pushing content together and I loved SL right up until my guild died at 3/8 mythic CN.

Yes, taking a break now and will come back for Dragonflight. Things like rated solo queue are super appealing to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    As always, we'll see. *Every* expansion announcement is made to sound absolutely awesome. You won't see the cracks until late alpha / early beta testing that will tell you how it will really be.

This will be the first expansion that I will not play, Shadowlands happened to be the only expansion I didn't play all the way through.

Of all the things that are wrong with the game, none of the announcements or interviews inspire confidence that Blizz will tackle the core issues with the game. What was shown and the verbiage used indicates that Blizz is in panic mode and giving in on just about anything they think will pull in more players. There's already some issues that Blizz has said they don't intend to change, which demonstrates that things aren't necessarily going to be turning around for good.

To make a metaphor, Dragonflight looks like it could be a really nice paint job on a house... but if the foundation of the house is damaged, it'll collapse sooner or later. Right now, Blizz is the contractor trying to sell people a house based upon the paint job they're doing while ignoring structural integrity issues... and sadly, many home buyers will get fooled by the paint job and end up buying a defunct house that wastes their time and money in the long run.

Earliest I'll come back is 11.0, and that's only if 10.0 blows it out of the water in terms of fun and quality (which I hope it does!), as well as Blizz actually demonstrating that they're turning a new leaf and changing philosophies towards the better. It's way too soon to know if Blizz is just playing the long con or actually intends to change for the better.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville