Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Outside of the original Diablo, When have they ever innovated? They were know for taking genres they loved and making them accessible to the masses. They have never innovated.
    Welcome to MMO Champion where old Blizzard was god and cause they never played an MMO/RTS/Team objective based FPS before Wow, Warcraft, and Overwatch

Pry like 1 person here who's first fighter was Justice League Task Force and thinks they invented 2D Fighters

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    The best mobile games are the goofy ones - expecting a serious, deep game on mobile is cringe

Looks completely fine for the mobile platform, either you care about mobile games or you don't
    imo the best mobile games are ports of "actual" games, like Stardew Valley, Baldurs Gate, Monster Hunter Stories and others.
    Why can people not have expectations of something to not be generic mobile game #59402? It's BECAUSE people have no expectations and stopped giving a fuck, that mobile is such a mtx infested platforms where people EXPECT to have to pay or get a gimped game

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    You lost WC4 to WoW. Anyone actually thinking WC4 is ever going to be made while WoW is still around is a fool.
    Games could easily run parallel. For example WC4 could have campaigns that go through the expansion content of wow and flesh out some of the lore.

I dont care at all for a warcraft themed mobile game, it just feels like they are milking the franchise dry, though i get why they are doing it, there is a big mobile market and they would be stupid not to try tap into it but mobile gaming is generally only profitable because of gambling bullshit.

Id love to see warcraft 4 with campaigns for each faction leader throughout warcrafts lifetime, would go a long way to flesh out characters and fix plotholes, particularly characters like sylvanas who became an absolute mess through wow, or garrosh who was very flip floppy.

As for the mobile game, i dont want to hate it, i dont even want it to do poorly and i feel bad for all the devs that work on this stuff and get shat on by their target audience, but i understand why people feel this way.

I dont want a warcraft mobile game, i want warcraft 4 or a better wow. Hell id sacrifice all mobile games if HotS could just get some devs working on it again.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this game as a game for World of Warcraft-Fans or something. It is a ad for Warcraft, for Hearthstone. It is made to reach people who at the moment may be to young to play the other games or didn't even consider playing on a pc. The more people play this mobile game, the more will very likely try out other Warcraft games.

I'll be honest, I didn't think things could be any worse at Blizzard. I was very wrong. This game looks like it would have been fun, 8 years ago.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People saying that is bad are quite clueless.

Yes, sure, it might not be appealing to us, but it is brilliant. It fits the current phone gaming industry lol.

I for one am glad if they make a lot of money out of it. The more they make out of WoW, the less likely WoW becomes a P2W imo.

Yeah.. who is the target audience for this? Young people/kids have never heard of Warcraft, so why use this IP? Older people (the vast majority of WoW players are 30, 40, 50+ at this point) don't respond to this kind of frenetic music and marketing, nor do they really even play mobile games (that much). It's just... mind boggling. Such a management disaster, and a real shame and disappointment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean why..yes Warcraft is based on Warhammer they don't exactly own the patent on orc figurines
    Actually funnily enough, they kinda fucking do.
    its god awful, but thats the reason blizz removed all mention of "Greenskin" from wow, even when it was refering to non orcs, but people who were literally turned to jade and their "wonderful greenskin"

Also why they had to cut "GROM" from warcraft reforged to just "hellscream" cause grom is the name of a goblin warlord in warhammer that is copywritten.

and GW have cracked down HARD on copyright for a bit now, did you hear about the whole fan animation thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Xalea View Post
    Yeah.. who is the target audience for this? Young people/kids have never heard of Warcraft, so why use this IP? Older people (the vast majority of WoW players are 30, 40, 50+ at this point) don't respond to this kind of frenetic music and marketing, nor do they really even play mobile games (that much). It's just... mind boggling. Such a management disaster, and a real shame and disappointment.
    I mean you’ve made a mistake in thinking this game is targeting WoW players. This is a mass market game with mass appeal that is intended for anyone, which is pretty evident when Blizzard said ‘you don’t need to know any WoW lore to play this game’.

So it’s not really a management disaster when this is simply a foray into the mobile gaming scene which is massive and are gigantic cash cows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    imo the best mobile games are ports of "actual" games, like Stardew Valley, Baldurs Gate, Monster Hunter Stories and others.
    Why can people not have expectations of something to not be generic mobile game #59402? It's BECAUSE people have no expectations and stopped giving a fuck, that mobile is such a mtx infested platforms where people EXPECT to have to pay or get a gimped game
    You know this is an actual game right?
    Where do you think this game came from?
    It was a super popular style of game in warcraft 3 custom games and even starcraft and starcraft 2.

also since when were mobile games not actual games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalea View Post
    I find it funny why you among so many others here think they alone decide what the "Warcraft fans want"

Warcraft fans are normal every day people
    and on actual factual statistics, the average person wants this, speaking that supercell has been making these games and making MAD BANK and MAD PLAYER NUMBERS on them.
    The average person plays mobile games in some capacity every day, in bed before going to sleep, on the bus or train on their way to work or school, on the toliet in the bathroom, or simply to relax. just because someone likes world of warcraft does not mean they suddenly do not do any of these above things.

funnily enough being a warcraft fan makes you MORE likely to play something like this, as a fan of a game like wow you are more likely to spend your free time gaming, while the more "average" person may read a book or watch a show before bed, a "gamer" will play a game in their bed before they sleep. so being a gamer makes them more likely to play mobile games, then non gamers.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-04 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It was a super popular style of game in warcraft 3 custom games and even starcraft and starcraft 2.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it funny why you among so many others here think they alone decide what the "Warcraft fans want"

Warcraft fans are normal every day people
    and on actual factual statistics, the average person wants this, speaking that supercell has been making these games and making MAD BANK and MAD PLAYER NUMBERS on them.
    The average person plays mobile games in some capacity every day, in bed before going to sleep, on the bus or train on their way to work or school, on the toliet in the bathroom, or simply to relax. just because someone likes world of warcraft does not mean they suddenly do not do any of these above things.

funnily enough being a warcraft fan makes you MORE likely to play something like this, as a fan of a game like wow you are more likely to spend your free time gaming, while the more "average" person may read a book or watch a show before bed, a "gamer" will play a game in their bed before they sleep. so being a gamer makes them more likely to play mobile games, then non gamers.
    Pretty much. People are acting like this is made for warcraft fans, while that is right to some extent, it definitely wants to be more than that. I think it is made to increase its fandom. If they can convince some people to play this game, they are more inclined to try the MMO at some point. It is a way to draw more people into the universe.

If they play this right being a warcraft fan in a couple of years will have a completely different meaning.

I am pretty sure this will print money.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

That's why the quotes, since it's not just "AAA games" but indie, console, handheld and whatnot and wasn't sure what to call them (i think the term is "core game"?). That's what i wanted to differentiate, since "normal" games on pc, consoles and handhelds are EXTREMELY different in approach to development and especially monetization. What flys in a mobile game and is almost expected at this point (highly aggressive montization at every possible moment, up to a complete halt of gameplay until time is waited or money paid), would make something like Monster Hunter, Age of Empires or Valorant lose their fanbase very quick

You're all here complaining to your guta but if this is gacha, it will probably make more game for blizzard than all their games combined.

Yes, I think it sucks, the graphics are bad, the style and gameplay looks disgusting but it will have its base.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Do you not know Blizz devs hate NEs?
    True, I did know that. It just seemed like a stupid mobile game would be a time when they add that, but their NE hate persists through all games except like hots which is dead.

the undead faction is the scourge...
    the night elves have not been their own faction since warcraft
    and this is based on current wow, not warcraft.
    No it's not, Grom is on the horde in this. He wasn't part of the horde since WC3 when the night elves were their own faction. It's just these developers didn't know that.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2022-05-04 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmfo holy shit this looks fucking awful. First Overwatch 2 is a disaster. Then they announce ANOTHER god awful looking expansion. And now this garbage fucking mobile game. Blizzard as we once knew it is dead.
    Ya'll downers really need to go get a life or something. Like i've never seen a more miserable bunch of people. You literally sound like a 2 year old crying and screaming that everyone else looks at like wtf is wrong with this person.

Mobile game looks fun something todo when you're bored waiting somewhere.
    Dragon expansion looks great.

Blizzard ain't dead its just not what you want it to be, and that's perfectly fine. You guys needs to move on, plenty of people who are happy to enjoy their games without you and your negativity.

Looks like a mobile tower based game. Never really been into this genre. Not sure I’ll try it, but I might give it a go on some downtime since it’s free and has characters I know.

Looks like good production, It seems that they might deliver quality as it should be expected, and if not, it should always be demanded from Blizzard.

I wish this was a PC game too, while tinkering is always fun since it adds extra fantasy elements to your character. I feel like total complexity in video games is just bad and failed engineering on developers part. Hence this would be a perfect and chill PC game.

Also Tom, fucking pog. Welcome back!

I just got not words , this guys are so disconnected about the age and likes Of their audience its just insane,they want to kick is out so im off their ship for good, cancelling my Account both Here and battlenet. Its beeen enough.
    Have a great life.

Probably way too old for the target audience, but I like the art style, and the concept. Not that this hasn't been done before. Not that Blizz isn't late to the party, again.

At this point in what Blizz has become, if you expected more, that's on you, not on them. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, etc. etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    True, I did know that. It just seemed like a stupid mobile game would be a time when they add that, but their NE hate persists through all games except like hots which is dead.

No it's not, Grom is on the horde in this. He wasn't part of the horde since WC3 when the night elves were their own faction. It's just these developers didn't know that.
    Yeah cause we all remember sneed helping grom fight the 4 horsemen...