Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Meh...doesn't feel like it's the same director..
    Trailers aren't typically put together by the director.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    And it adds all the Christian Bale vibe he has now. Nothing wrong with completely anthropomorfic aliens ( the MCU is full of them: Gamora,Drax, the whole Kree Race, Collector, Grandmaster, Xandarians,Asgardians,Yondu,Mantis....)

Look I see your position regarding this but my opinion is that excesive prosthetic leads to ....
    Funny that you say that, but the Gorr from the trailer looks more like this picture, terrible goofylooking.

I simple think the comic appearance is much better and they should had use it, it work for thanos and other things.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Kill Olympians? I hope not. Hercules and Thor would be a good buddy god movie I’d like to see.
    You can see in the trailer valkyrie using zeus lightning, so he, at least, is pretty much dead.

Marvel Studios doesn't do adaptations. Marvel Studios does inpirations. Beyond the fact that film and comics are two different languages it would be cathastrophic if we know the whole argument of the film because it's a verbatim translation of an existing comic.
    Good god, there is no a single stance when we discuss about comic-movie fidelity without someone saying we want something verbatim.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Kill Olympians? I hope not. Hercules and Thor would be a good buddy god movie I’d like to see.
    You can see in the trailer valkyrie using zeus lightning, so he, at least, is pretty much dead.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Not sure when the last time I read something with marvel Zeus but I’m pretty sure he can give away/loan out his lighting bolts.

And Mabye I just don’t remember it from Ragnarok but I’m pretty sure gods transferring powers hasn’t ever been a thing in the MCU even with Odins death.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Funny that you say that, but the Gorr from the trailer looks more like this picture, terrible goofylooking.
    That's debatable. I think it looks good. Not the same as the comics, obviously, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. The overall vibe is there, and in the trailer at least he seems adequately intimidating and badass; and fitting for the actor, much more so than I expected when I saw the casting.

Obviously we'll have to see the whole film to judge it properly, but "goofy" is not what comes to my mind after seeing the trailer. At all.

Good god, there is no a single stance when we discuss about comic-movie fidelity without someone saying we want something verbatim.
    Well...I don't know, maybe it's because regarding Gorr aesthetics you are actually saying it

Exhibit A.

I simple think the comic appearance is much better and they should had use it, it work for thanos and other things.
    Anyway if you find annoying the implication that wanting something faithful means everything should be the same you'll at least have to agree that the constant , endless and recurrent :"This is different. I don't like it" ...it is too. You go to youtube, reddit,everywhere and the first comments are always with no exception:"They changed this...they changed that". So rejoice, we are all annoyed lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Not sure when the last time I read something with marvel Zeus but I’m pretty sure he can give away/loan out his lighting bolts.
    Pretty sure Zeus is introduced so Gorr can kill him, and fuck olympus up, no reason to put him there otherwise, it will show that Gorr is actually a threat to gods, by showing him killing "the" chief of the greek pantheon

And Mabye I just don’t remember it from Ragnarok but I’m pretty sure gods transferring powers hasn’t ever been a thing in the MCU even with Odins death.
    I mean, im not well versed in mcu gods, but as far the mythos go, the lightning is not "his power" per see, but a weapon(much like mjolnir) forged by the cyclops, so in theory anyone could wield.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Well...I don't know, maybe it's because regarding Gorr aesthetics you are actually saying it

Exhibit A.
    Thats rly dishonest of you to say since im talking about appearance and not plot, and your point was about the plot of the comics.

they can make an entirely different plot but still keep fidelity with the characters appearance, as they done many times.

So, taking that in mind, there is nothing absurd in wanting Gorr appearance to look more like the comics, especially because he is badass looking in the comics, a damn alien corrupted by the necrosword, not a human in rags.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Zeus is introduced so Gorr can kill him, and fuck olympus up, no reason to put him there otherwise, it will show that Gorr is actually a threat to gods, by showing him killing "the" chief of the greek pantheon

I mean, im not well versed in mcu gods, but as far the mythos go, the lightning is not "his power" per see, but a weapon(much like mjolnir) forged by the cyclops, so in theory anyone could wield.
    Could very well be the case that Zues is just there to die, Im pretty sure that's what happens in the chaos war and so far this is reading alot more like a mini chaos war then god butcher to me. Though I think he and bunch of other gods come's back to life in the chaos war so wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't stay dead or if the movie end's with a "rebirth" of abunch of gods or something.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, taking that in mind, there is nothing absurd in wanting Gorr appearance to look more like the comics, especially because he is badass looking in the comics, a damn alien corrupted by the necrosword, not a human in rags.
    He seriously doesn't look that different. He's got a nose, and he doesn't have the two-tentacle-hair thing. That's basically all that they've changed.

Sure, they threw some robes on him, but he's nekkid in the comics except for some strategic black lines. And I'll repeat what I've said since they announced Gorr; I'm betting they're using this film to do Gorr's introduction, his origins and so forth. And let's take a glance at the comics for that era;

No black lines from the Necrosword, he's just gray. Like we saw him in the brief clip in the trailer, save for not looking like Twilek Voldemort, which is a good thing because I guarantee those comparison would get made if they just did him up like this.

Also, on the Necrosword; yeah, we see Gorr with a black sword. That doesn't mean there's a symbiote connection. That doesn't mean it's gonna be as powerful as All-Black was in the comics. It doesn't even mean he's gonna have it for most of the movie. You can't presume anything, and of any of that, I have serious doubts Marvel would tie in symbiotes at this point, especially given that Sony's holding on to a lot of those licensing rights; even if it doesn't directly lead to Marvel having to give Sony a bunch of money for a film they had no part in, it still creates a connection they likely don't even want, when they can just go with "literally any other explanation ever" instead. The same way Ultron wasn't built by Hank Pym. The same way that Wanda and Pietro weren't mutants and their dad wasn't Magneto.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He seriously doesn't look that different.

You can possible be serious saying that while looking at then side by side.

Like, i know how you always want to be right, but rly, this is not an argument, he is that different, period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Could very well be the case that Zues is just there to die, Im pretty sure that's what happens in the chaos war and so far this is reading alot more like a mini chaos war then god butcher to me. Though I think he and bunch of other gods come's back to life in the chaos war so wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't stay dead or if the movie end's with a "rebirth" of abunch of gods or something.
    I don't think they will make the god rebirth right now, seems too soon and would, imo, cheapen a bit the story of god butchering.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-05-25 at 12:45 AM.

Ok ....moving on from Gorr ( because this can lead to another incident of 20 pages of the same thing).

Have you guys noticed Thor have a tattoo of Loki in the back....after centuries of conflict and botherhood he misses his dead bro.

/cry_a_little_tear.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they will make the god rebirth right now, seems too soon and would, imo, cheapen a bit the story of god butchering.
    true, but given that they are adding Jane to the story line and how they did Ragnarok I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t going for the riches Portrayal of god butchering.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think the premise could have legs if they don't overplay it on the girl power just for girl power's sake. Give it some substance, and we're gucci.

But DEAR GODS THE CGI IS TERRIBLE. It hurts, aaaaah. Why are we back in 2010 uncanny valley territory? Banner's Hulk doesn't look that bad! Oh wait, it's the budget isn't it.
    I mean it all depends are we talking Endgame scene or are we talking The Boys Season 2 finale where the girls beat the crap out of Stormfront? I'm all for it when it's done right, but MCU loves to shoehorn things.

Let's just be clear - the women in The Boys were not empowered. They were constantly gaslit and depressed and literally held down by men. They have one scene where they fight another woman, and all the comic book nerds are like "This is female empowerment!" but it does nothing to actually empower them as the very next scene they're again being gaslit by Vought and Homelander who are covering up the scandal that is Stormfront. They were constantly denied agency and only got it because Vought/Homelander could no longer ignore the fact that Stormfront was a Nazi, WHICH THEY HAD BEEN DOING, because it was now public, and public sentiment had turned against them, and not because they won some hard fought battle against the men over them.

I'm not saying the MCU is female empowerment either, it was just a cheesy team-up with a shallow message, but it annoys me that people look to that one scene in The Boys, Ellen Ripley, and Sarah Conner as examples of "proper" female characters, when in all three situations they're constantly undermined and gaslit by the men around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Let's just be clear - the women in The Boys were not empowered. They were constantly gaslit and depressed and literally held down by men. They have one scene where they fight another woman, and all the comic book nerds are like "This is female empowerment!" but it does nothing to actually empower them as the very next scene they're again being gaslit by Vought and Homelander who are covering up the scandal that is Stormfront. They were constantly denied agency and only got it because Vought/Homelander could no longer ignore the fact that Stormfront was a Nazi, WHICH THEY HAD BEEN DOING, because it was now public, and public sentiment had turned against them, and not because they won some hard fought battle against the men over them.

I'm not saying the MCU is female empowerment either, it was just a cheesy team-up with a shallow message, but it annoys me that people look to that one scene in The Boys, Ellen Ripley, and Sarah Conner as examples of "proper" female characters, when in all three situations they're constantly undermined and gaslit by the men around them.
    There was no "empowerment" in that scene. It was a minimal expression of Starlight, Kumiko, and Maeve regaining their agency, for a moment, and only against the most overt Nazi, aand then realizing it meant very little in the long term and quite possibly screwed them all.

A story of a slave beating up their master and fleeing is not "empowerment", it's a desperate attack to salvage the last glimmer of agency. Empowerment would be attaining a position of long-term power over those who'd oppressed them.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean it all depends are we talking Endgame scene or are we talking The Boys Season 2 finale where the girls beat the crap out of Stormfront? I'm all for it when it's done right, but MCU loves to shoehorn things.
    That scene is about as empowering as the MCU's all girl team fight thing. I.e. it's not, it's just an attempt at them saying "look girl power AMIRITE?!" which is exactly the wrong way to do it.

As for She-Hulk, I'll reserve judgement for when it's actually out. My hopes aren't high, but I'm always happy to be positively surprised. For all that's worth these days.

Imagine ignoring all the "girls get it done" subplot which was taking the piss of modern day "female empowerment" and thinking the boys is propping up female empowerment.

Its just calling it like it is. You can have female characters with strong aspects to their character without making them one dimensional just like male actors moved from Arnie/Stallone roles where they are unstoppable gods to the Bruce Willis in Die Hard role with his feet cut up by glass and just an average cop in above his head.

We'll skip the 80's phase for female characters soon enough.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2022-05-26 at 06:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how it was done in comics, but that Olympus (or w/e it is called where Zeus and co live) from the trailer looks campy af.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure how it was done in comics, but that Olympus (or w/e it is called where Zeus and co live) from the trailer looks campy af.
    Its very dull in the comics to be honest. One thing the movies have done is really well make them feel more massive and grander than their comic variants. And yes its campy, but Thor has been that way since Thor:Ragnarok, I think hats due to them actually trying to make the over use on colour seem very Ditko-ish. I like it. My main issue with the last two Thor movies like all movies since then is its over reliance on the humour. I hope they can still give us some laughs while giving the serious moments time to breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There was no "empowerment" in that scene. It was a minimal expression of Starlight, Kumiko, and Maeve regaining their agency, for a moment, and only against the most overt Nazi, aand then realizing it meant very little in the long term and quite possibly screwed them all.

A story of a slave beating up their master and fleeing is not "empowerment", it's a desperate attack to salvage the last glimmer of agency. Empowerment would be attaining a position of long-term power over those who'd oppressed them.
    Which unfortunately hasn't been exampled in the MCU yet. which boggles my mind why some people saw Captain Marvel as a female empowerment movie (a movie I actually thought was fine btw), I thought its lesson could be applied to anyone not just women. There was literally nothing 'feminist' about it. Sure it had the typical girl power moment near the end, but that felt more cute than being any serious message, and moments like that have been in cartoons and movies for years.

I think when someone says I wanna make this woman 'relatable' in shows and movies, there will be that certain audience that confuses it with 'feminism' which is a weird road map. I am not sure there are any feminist MCU movies yet. More relatable women, sure. But empowerment isn't something we have seen, Marvel doesn't have that many leading female roles in the MCU to be able to procure that message, only Captain Marvel and Black Widow. People need to stop listening to marketing and media jargon and just enjoy the movies or shows for what they are, if people go in with 'oh ma gawd feminism' then you are never going to be happy. Unfortunately there are people now who will see nothing but feminism, in everything and that's really sad.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-26 at 08:18 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Its very dull in the comics to be honest. One thing the movies have done is really well make them feel more massive and grander than their comic variants. And yes its campy, but Thor has been that way since Thor:Ragnarok, I think hats due to them actually trying to make the over use on colour seem very Ditko-ish. I like it. My main issue with the last two Thor movies like all movies since then is its over reliance on the humour. I hope they can still give us some laughs while giving the serious moments time to breath.
    Yes, Thor was too much of a goofball and clown in Ragnarok. One hope is that Gorr, being a super intense and nasty individual, will cut short the humour (also these weird black and white scenes when he fights others may be a good way to show toned down blood splatters). But like, fat Russel Crowe in golden armour holding a golden lightning bolt sitting on a golden throne, golden arena golden golden golden (and fireworks). Goddamn Sovereigns had less yellow than this.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-26 at 08:18 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, Thor was too much of a goofball and clown in Ragnarok. One hope is that Gorr is a super intense and nasty individual, so that make cut short the humour (also these weird black and white scenes when he fights others may be a good way to show toned down blood splatters). But like, fat Russel Crowe in golden armour holding a golden lightning bolt sitting on a golden throne, golden arena golden golden golden (and fireworks). Goddamn Sovereigns had less yellow than this.
    Thor in the comics has always been very stoic, but maybe Disney thought that was boring with all the 'ye shalt not stand against the power of Thor, thoust talk in third person' Thor. which is understandable, I suppose it works more for comics, for TV audiences it may be a bit too. much.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance