Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Who da hell is Calia?

Where/when ingame can I learn about that character?

Nowhere?

It doesnt exist then.
    Shes literally been around since legion, with quests and storyline. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Alliance should try tooth and nail to actually sabotage the forsaken at every turn, a strong forsaken nation, simply is not good for any of their members. Many humans want Lordaeron, helping the forsaken runs contrary to that, the forsaken still hold gilneas, allowing them to withdraw troops from there is only a short term solution, since these troops aren't spent and could be used against them in the next conflict.

In essence their overall goal should be to make certain the forsaken are in no way or shape of form capable to dictate terms at the negotiation table.

Your character is an alliance loyalist and should by all means tell calia to shove it.
    If you actually want Lordaeron, wouldn't it be good to clean it from blight? It's not like Alliance found a way to do that since the fall of Gilneas.

Ah, I see the Blizzard Defense Force has moved on to a new tactic.

Previously, any criticism was simply "parroting a streamer", which tried desperately to ignore the flaw that in that situation, at least one person had analyzed and constructed the criticism.

Now I see we're going the more personal route with "if you criticize, you're too dumb to follow it". Yeah, BDF is really going to win hearts and minds with that line.

More on topic, the only help the Alliance should give the Forsaken is freeing them from being "slaves to this torment". After all, if they go to the Maw, they can lick the Lich Queen's boots again. Not what will happen sadly, because the Alliance story is always "here, let me paint a target on my back to help the Horde's daggers".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    If you actually want Lordaeron, wouldn't it be good to clean it from blight? It's not like Alliance found a way to do that since the fall of Gilneas.
    Hindering the forsaken, does not mean outright stopping them, the more they have to focus on rebuilding, the less likely they are to focus on other matters. Forcing them to commit resources, they otherwise could use for brewing up a new strain of blight for example.

Helping the forsaken here, does not only help them to clean up very fast, it also gave their apothecaries new ideas to weaponize their blight

All in exchange of an unlikely withdrawal from gilneas, with two of the four council members most likely dead set against it.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2022-06-01 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea what is going on in the minds of Blizzards story writes, I really do not.
    It was just one expansion ago that we fought to destroy UC, now we help the forsaken to restore Lordaeron despite nothing has changed in the meantime?

I will not even start with all the other problems the alliance story ONCE AGAIN has and that only seems to be getting worse every single patch, but the whole PREMISE of this questline is so dumb, I ONCE AGAIN can't believe somebody approved it to be released.
    We are tricking the undead & horde to clean up Lordaeron for us, with a little bit of help from us. Once they are done 11.0 or 12.0 is coming soon and once again alliance and horde will fight. Now for lordaeron.

Or probably not.

But yeah I agree, it was a weird questline as a Human Paladin. Literally made no sense to me. Would imagine the humans would be interested in cleaning up the place and have it themself.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's a disturbing subsection of the playerbase who ignore any supplemental materials. Characters introduced there then appear in the game are derided as "Mary Sues coming out of nowhere." Character development that happens there and then shown ingame are written off as bad writing or plot holes.
    Just to point this out: If it's not in the game, it didn't happen. I like reading, I like Books, I even liked the old warcraft books, but the story needs to be told ingame, not in 3 Youtube Videos, 2 Short stories and some random books.

Another HUGE problem is that either the books retcon the game (like the Sylvanas novel in some cases) or the game later retcons the books, so you never know what actually happened, what is canon and what is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    But yeah I agree, it was a weird questline as a Human Paladin. Literally made no sense to me. Would imagine the humans would be interested in cleaning up the place and have it themself.
    To be fair, for a Paladin I could see the justification as "cleansing the land" is something they very likely would do, even if it is together with the Forsaken.
    I mean it's unlikely, but I can see arguments here for both sides why a paladin would feel conflicted about this and then decides to help either way.
    Same goes for Druids and Shamans, if you only look at the individual and not the organization behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Ah, I see the Blizzard Defense Force has moved on to a new tactic.

Previously, any criticism was simply "parroting a streamer", which tried desperately to ignore the flaw that in that situation, at least one person had analyzed and constructed the criticism.

Now I see we're going the more personal route with "if you criticize, you're too dumb to follow it". Yeah, BDF is really going to win hearts and minds with that line.

More on topic, the only help the Alliance should give the Forsaken is freeing them from being "slaves to this torment". After all, if they go to the Maw, they can lick the Lich Queen's boots again. Not what will happen sadly, because the Alliance story is always "here, let me paint a target on my back to help the Horde's daggers".
    Someone did not read Before the storm.

If Blizzard insists on everyone to read the books so the narrative makes sense then the game really is a lost cause.

The game needs to be complete in itself. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Hindering the forsaken, does not mean outright stopping them, the more they have to focus on rebuilding, the less likely they are to focus on other matters. Forcing them to commit resources, they otherwise could use for brewing up a new strain of blight for example.

Helping the forsaken here, does not only help them to clean up very fast, it also gave their apothecaries new ideas to weaponize their blight

All in exchange of an unlikely withdrawal from gilneas, with two of the four council members most likely dead set against it.
    Desolate council was always in favor of working with Alliance, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to point this out: If it's not in the game, it didn't happen. I like reading, I like Books, I even liked the old warcraft books, but the story needs to be told ingame, not in 3 Youtube Videos, 2 Short stories and some random books.

Another HUGE problem is that either the books retcon the game (like the Sylvanas novel in some cases) or the game later retcons the books, so you never know what actually happened, what is canon and what is not.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree with that, but it's dumb to just ourtight ignore other lore sources.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, for a Paladin I could see the justification as "cleansing the land" is something they very likely would do, even if it is together with the Forsaken.
    I mean it's unlikely, but I can see arguments here for both sides why a paladin would feel conflicted about this and then decides to help either way.
    Same goes for Druids and Shamans, if you only look at the individual and not the organization behind it.
    To your first part; 100% agree. If it doesnt happen in the game, I really dont care about it at all. Its very close to it never happend. It sucks that Blizzard dont deliver every story element in the game, especially important ones. Important lore has been left out of the game many times.

Sure, I can see that. But still - its not like alliance and horde really are great friends with a flip of a switch. Sure gameplay wise we can now play together, but besides that it feels kinda shallow. Should we expect orcs & trolls to come to IF/SW to help rebuild?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree with that, but it's dumb to just ourtight ignore other lore sources.
    It might be dumb, but it should always be more than enough to just play the game. If the game cant provide you with all relevant lore, something is wrong.

For the same reason we killed our own troops on behalf of Jaina and to bust out her brother and raided two Warchiefs. Slurp that slop and ask for seconds. Be sure to smile while you're at it though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

it makes no sense at all
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Someone did not read Before the storm.
    Nope, someone recognizes patterns and knows damn well that when Alliance helps the Horde, it ALWAYS bites them in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If Blizzard insists on everyone to read the books so the narrative makes sense then the game really is a lost cause.

The game needs to be complete in itself. Period.
    I don't like this either, but if the ppl buy this books, then the company will do it, because they get more money for almost nothing, just like classic, they don't improve the game, we see they even take things out, but not imporving anything, but they still pay for it.

I have no idea what is going on in the minds of Blizzards story writes, I really do not.
    It was just one expansion ago that we fought to destroy UC, now we help the forsaken to restore Lordaeron despite nothing has changed in the meantime?

I will not even start with all the other problems the alliance story ONCE AGAIN has and that only seems to be getting worse every single patch, but the whole PREMISE of this questline is so dumb, I ONCE AGAIN can't believe somebody approved it to be released.
    Oh cry me a river. The Alliance got to siege TWO Horde capitals and depose TWO Horde Warchiefs, winning TWO decisive faction wars, all while being the focal point of pretty much every storyline, and getting all the priority dibs on everything. Not to mention Alliance heroes constantly surviving, even most of their Warcraft 1 and 2 heroes are still alive and kicking, meanwhile Horde heroes from Warcraft 1, 2, 3 and WoW are all dead. And you're telling me you don't like to play along with the Horde? Oh the horror. As if Horde players love constantly interacting with Alliance heroes going neutral since all our heroes are killed off.

So go enjoy your faction pride while winning everything there is to win and being best at everything, but cry when the Horde is not straight up deleted from the game. Yeah, you really have it bad.

Because it's not longer World of Warcraft. It's World of Drum Circle Kale eating Wokecraft.

No, it really does not make sense. Once again, I understand why it is good for the Forsaken and the Horde. I just do not get why I, as an Alliance player, would want to support her?
    Because she's the person that the Alliance planted to maintain control over the Forsaken.
    And since the Forsaken are best equipped to clean the Blight, it is a smart move to help them do so.

I don't really understand why you're this confused.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a disturbing subsection of the playerbase who ignore any supplemental materials. Characters introduced there then appear in the game are derided as "Mary Sues coming out of nowhere." Character development that happens there and then shown ingame are written off as bad writing or plot holes.
    Because they did come out of nowhere and and it is bad writing and plotholes.
    Supplemental means it is added to support the main story. You don't use it to literally create characters and then drop them in the laps of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Who da hell is Calia?

Where/when ingame can I learn about that character?

Nowhere?

It doesnt exist then.
    Legion, BFA and Shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Honestly i thought the same thing, heh.
    I mean i'm literally helping them clean up their own plague with yet more plague.
    "Oh but we'll move out of Gilneas".
    Last i looked that place wasn't exactly crawling with Forsaken, thanks for giving us a purely symbolic gift.

And the best part is we just know they're gonna use that shit again, hell Faranell was RIGHT THERE going like "Oh i can't wait to have a proper lab again.".

Ugh. The SylvAnduin scene wasn't half bad at least, and Tyrande got a thingymagic that might provide some sense of renewal, but honestly the Alliance and its players have done so much swalling since BfA, that Yogg-Saron might be envious of the size of our mouths.

Oh and don't whine to me about horde capitals being raided; show, don't tell. How many have you actually experienced the consequences of? Even Undercity is getting reclaimed; The gnomes are bypassed yet again.

Perhaps we'll at least see something of Gilneas, that'd be neat.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-06-01 at 05:09 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    This really should have been a horde only quest and as a Forsaken i'm not sure why they invited me to see the night elves become a seed but whatever.

To be fair: If you use supplements to your story like that you're really just asking for it. Small wonder that people stop caring about the lore; they sign up for the game, not for random ass books of dubious quality.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.