15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why anyone is bothering to sub when the library is horrendous. Like no resident evil, final fantasy, mgs 1, spyro or crash lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I dunno this was a problem with PS1 classics during the PS3/Vita days as well but NA got NTSC. It's usually a licensing issue on if they have legal rights to release that version in that country or not. OFC with Japan it's never an issue as there was only ever NTSC versions with Japanese language.

https://blog.playstation.com/archive...rmed-for-scee/

If I had to guess I would say NA will be fine and get NTSC, but EU is probably screwed and may be updated on a game to game basis like during the PS3 days.

I also see people saying that the general asia releases where PAL when they where originally released NTSC there but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of those countries never even got official PS1 releases back in the day and had to import everything so that's not entirely accurate either.
    Honestly the only reason people are worrying is because of the Playstation Mini using the PAL versions. People are worried that it will happen again.

But I would agree they are most likely to use whatever version they had up back on the PS3/Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Saw that Amazon is doing invitations to buy PS5s now. I wonder if stores will ever stock them physically.
    Target and gamestop stock them physically in stores, they just don't last long and gamestop requires pro membership+purchasing it in a bundle. Never seen one in a physical walmart or best buy tho not sure about them.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was alright all things considered even if I only cared about re4 and ff16

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont know why anyone is bothering to sub when the library is horrendous. Like no resident evil, final fantasy, mgs 1, spyro or crash lol
    You mean all the games that are being released as a remaster and/or remakes?
    Not that the 3e tier is that interesting but still

Yesterday was a huge gaming news day, and some great news came down the pike.

One was Dragon Age Dreadwolf. It's exciting because the title, Dreadwolf, has a very particular meaning to anyone who beat inquisition and dlc. While Inquisition was not a great game imo(and I've talked about it here a lot) just the title, Dreadwolf, shows that at the very least, whoever conceptualized this knows what makes the series good. Despite it all, very hyped for this one.

Then of course Resident Evil 4 plus release date, we have been speculating here about that, can't wait. March 24th, 2023

Then trailer and release date for FFXVI which looks really good and exciting imo.(summer 23)

We got SF6 announce trailer which looks meh, honestly, but still could be good.

Stray trailer and July 19th release.

Callisto Protocol also looks interesting and some more things.

Spider-Man to PC is huge for PC gamers. Maybe they can stop complaining about how gaming isn't fun anymore if they actually can play all the good games, lol. Not a fan of porting everything to PC honestly, from a business perspective, but for PC gamers it is a great deal.

PSVR2 is not my bag(I don't like the inconvenience of wearing a headset and not being very relaxed when gaming, and my past VR stuff, including Oculus Rift, PSVR1 and Move, collect dust). However, for fans, REVillage in PSVR2 is likely a dream and the Horizon spinoff looks quality.

Overall, I was very happy with the news that came out of yesterday, and considering what else we expect to come out next year(BotW2, Jedi Survivor, Wukong, BG3, Deadspace, Starfield, probably KOTOR) really hyped on 2023 now actually, lol. That's not even nearly everything, still have Nintendo to consider, how they will fill out the rest of 2022 and what they will release in 2023. What's going on with Silent Hill IP? Then games like Silksong and when will it release? Lots to be excited about, imo.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-03 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From a business perspective? That's literally the perspective they're going with in terms of going harder on PC gaming lol It makes perfect sense to do so.
    Short money vs long money.

Porting games to PC increases revenue, correct? That is why you think it is a 100% benefit from a business perspective, because of the raw revenue?

Why not release them on PC, Xbox, Playstation, and Switch via streaming, day and date?

Why not do that, since it would obviously increase revenue? What would they lose in doing that?

If you agree that releasing all of their exclusives games on day and date on all platforms, would cause them to lose SOMETHING(literally anything at all), then we agree. What we apparently disagree about is the value of that something they would lose.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    From a business perspective? That's literally the perspective they're going with in terms of going harder on PC gaming lol It makes perfect sense to do so.
    It's almost free money for Sony and semi stupid that it took them so come to this decision.
    Port the games after a year or so at which point you won't hurt your Playstation sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Why not release them on PC, Xbox, Playstation, and Switch via streaming, day and date?
    Because they are still in the business of selling hardware and getting people into their ecosystem and spending money on PSN.

On PS4 or PS5 they get a cut of every single game sold and every single MTX or DLC sold regardless of if it's their own release or not. On any other platform they only directly profit off their own releases.

Once a game has reached sales saturation and is no longer moving hardware for them, porting it to PC and selling it at full price again years later is literally free money for them that doesn't effect their hardware sales, and also basically advertises any future sequels to those same people who buy it who will have to buy the hardware if they want to play the sequel in a timely manor.

It's literally marketing that profits them, what is hard to understand about their current PC strategy?

I also expect their future MP GAAS offerings to be day and date on PC even though their SP games won't be. Those games need all the players they can get to keep them alive and people buying MTX. This is entirely different than the above reasoning for the SP games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-03 at 02:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    You mean all the games that are being released as a remaster and/or remakes?
    Not that the 3e tier is that interesting but still
    The originals are all better except re1. They all have value and without the heavy hitting ps1/2 games on there the service feels worthless

I 100% agree they shouldn't release SP games on PC day and date. I believe exclusives still hold value. However, the idea that porting all games to PC after one year is a slam dunk and an obvious idea that they just didn't take advantage of before....I disagree.

Let's look at another company. Nintendo. Do you think it would be a wise move for Nintendo to begin porting their biggest single player exclusives to PC, 1 year after they release on Switch? Is that a good idea, or not? Is it an easy and risk-free decision that anyone would make? Or is that decision difficult?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-03 at 02:34 PM.

I 100% agree they shouldn't release SP games on PC day and date. I believe exclusives still hold value. However, the idea that porting all games to PC after one year is a slam dunk and an obvious idea that they just didn't take advantage of before....I disagree.

Let's look at another company. Nintendo. Do you think it would be a wise move for Nintendo to begin porting their single player exclusives to PC, 1 year after they release on Switch? Why isn't that a good idea? Why is it a good idea for Sony?
    It's not even after a year in most cases though. Spiderman is almost 4 years old when it releases on PC and Miles Morales is 2 years old when it launches on PC. God of War was 3.5 years old etc... They still have yet to release a game that was PS5 only on PC, but Returnal might be soon because it's niche and probably already reached sales saturation but even that game is over a year old now.

So I have no idea where you get the idea that they are "porting games exactly 1 year after release" because that's not what they're doing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not even after a year in most cases though. Spiderman is almost 4 years old when it releases on PC and Miles Morales is 2 years old when it launches on PC. God of War was 3.5 years old etc... They still have yet to release a game that was PS5 only on PC, but Returnal might be soon because it's niche and probably already reached sales saturation but even that game is over a year old now.

So I have no idea where you get the idea that they are "porting games exactly 1 year after release" because that's not what they're doing at all.
    You're right, it's absolutely not what they are doing. Hypothetically, if it were, would it be a mistake?

You're right, it's absolutely not what they are doing. Hypothetically, if it were, would it be a mistake?
    They already said they are releasing games once they reach sales saturation which means they are no longer moving hardware, so if one game gets released 1 year after no it's probably not a mistake because they have actual data on that. None of us do. It will obviously continue to vary on a game to game basis.

Callisto Protocol, Resident Evil 4 and FF16, gimme!

Loved Dead Space, and never tried RE4.

still not porting of bb T_T
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Callisto Protocol, Resident Evil 4 and FF16, gimme!

Loved Dead Space, and never tried RE4.
    Even better news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Even better news.
    Never understand people crying about 'exclusives' getting ported, more exposure is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Even better news.
    Honestly, I believe the story is contrived(not by this YouTube creator necessarily, but in general). While I have seen Xbox Twitter go crazy since the “State of multiplats,” I have not seen the supposed heavy negative reaction from PlayStation fans. This feels to me like a astroturfed marketing campaign designed to point out that these games are also available on Xbox, and to attempt to rub Sony fanboys noses in crap over spider-man exclusivity loss, ironically by Xbox fanboys.

The state of play was really good, and Xbox has no big exclusive games this year, and suddenly we were talking about how crappy PS5 is on twitter, “organically.” It is incredible the amount of marketing Xbox has on the ostensibly organic level. If people don’t do Twitter, the fan boy wars between consoles is insane on twitter. Think 15 years ago times 1000. By far the most contentious is ps vs Xbox. There are plenty of creators that literally make a living off this.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-05 at 10:19 PM.

Honestly, I believe the story is contrived(not by this YouTube creator necessarily, but in general). While I have seen Xbox Twitter go crazy since the “State of multiplats,” I have not seen the supposed heavy negative reaction from PlayStation fans. This feels to me like a astroturfed marketing campaign designed to point out that these games are also available on Xbox, and to attempt to rub Sony fanboys noses in crap over spider-man exclusivity loss, ironically by Xbox fanboys.

The state of play was really good, and Xbox has no big exclusive games this year, and suddenly we were talking about how crappy PS5 is on twitter, “organically.” It is incredible the amount of marketing Xbox has on the ostensibly organic level. If people don’t do Twitter, the fan boy wars between consoles is insane on twitter. Think 15 years ago times 1000. By far the most contentious is ps vs Xbox. There are plenty of creators that literally make a living off this.
    What the hell does Spiderman have to do with xbox? It's not going on xbox, and it's not going on gamepass PC. Literally irrelevant to MS. If Xbox fans are astroturfing that it's an incredibly stupid thing to astroturf, if anything it's just clickbait masters trying to get hits from PC Mustard Race dude bros like vash. He certainly ate it up based on the post you quoted.

Playstation users have already played Spiderman years ago, its literally irrelevant to them so ofc none of them are mad about it or give a crap. Just made up garbage you would find on crapola boards like resetera or gamefaqs to platform war.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-05 at 11:20 PM.