Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And Blizzard OFFICIALLY recognizes this dress up as actual Dark Rangers.

Talents and skills are merely what you want. It has nothing to do with whether Dark Rangers are recognized as being playable or not.
    I think you are reaching there, as I said numerous times.

As the other poster said - it quite simply is not, simply because they are not undead. Blizzard gave this to people so they can roleplay as ones, but it's about the same thing as current Alliance "High Elves" which they caved on a year after Ion's "if you want that go Horde".

It's a quick and dirty fix and that's that. Lore-wise, of course Dark Rangers joined Horde/Alliance, but the thing we do now is indeed a cosplay + imagination. This is this and that is that.

---

As a whole - I hope this approach will persist, so instead of waiting years for specific allied race, you just get limited customizations rolled out as quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

As the other poster said - it quite simply is not, simply because they are not undead. Blizzard gave this to people so they can roleplay as ones, but it's about the same thing as current Alliance "High Elves" which they caved on a year after Ion's "if you want that go Horde".

It's a quick and dirty fix and that's that. Lore-wise, of course Dark Rangers joined Horde/Alliance, but the thing we do now is indeed a cosplay + imagination. This is this and that is that.

---

As a whole - I hope this approach will persist, so instead of waiting years for specific allied race, you just get limited customizations rolled out as quick fix.
    Im hoping they push it to a degree that spell effects can be tinkered with aswell but yes I echo your sentiment.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

You really think they are Paladins? Now i know who i'm arguing with...
    They are Warriors.

Their abilities can be found in the Warrior class: Avatar, Stormbolt and Thunderclap.

You really think they are suduetly rouges? Now i know who i'm arguing with...
    They are Hunters.

Their abilities can be found in the hunter class: multishot ,precise shots and snipers shot.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-04 at 07:07 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

---

If they made a questline that said High Elves are playable and recognized as such, then yes it would be official. If a Dev spoke out and called this specifically a High Elf customization, that would also confirm it. AFAIK, Blizzard has not actually gone out of their way to do this. That is the difference between mere roleplay and an in game acknowledgement of what these are.

Like I said, they could have merely called these 'Darkfallen' customizations. They have not. They called it Dark Ranger instead.

Woohoo Dark Ranger Paladins, Priests, and Warriors! I love it

5+ Year Old Account
    10.0 Death Knights can wield a shields. OH MY GOD, LORE OF THE GAME IS RUINED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

what an abomination it becomes!
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Right, which I have never argued against at any point in our discussion. You realize this, do you not? Your speculation for a future Elune expansion or that this is meant to appease the community is really just an opinion, and I'm fine with you expressing speculation. And I never once said Dark Ranger customizations replace a class.

You seem unable to accept the fact that Blizzard has Dark Rangers officially playable and represented through customizations. This is literally official lore now through the game.

You can choose not to like it, but there's nothing left to argue with me since this is literally how Blizzard has chosen to treat the Dark Ranger concept. I am not misinterpretting and twisting the lore to make it seem like Dark Rangers are represented in the game. The only problem here is that you are unable to accept what Blizzard has done themselves with the Dark Ranger concept. You're free to disagree with them, but it doesn't change the fact this is what it is.

They could have merely left it as 'Darkfallen' customization, but they did not. These are specifically presented as Dark Ranger customizations. That is official now. Your beef is with Blizzard, and your arguments don't change the fact they regard red eyed pale skinned Elves as Dark Ranger customizations.
    Yet, it isn't reserved to Hunters only?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

You really think they are suduetly rouges? Now i know who i'm arguing with...
    They are Hunters.

Their abilities can be found in the hunter class: multishot ,precise shots and snipers shot.
    Edge of Night
    Item Level 233
    Binds when picked up
    Dagger
    One-Hand
    Speed 1.80
    66 – 111 Damage
    (49.2 damage per second)
    +43 Agility
    +65 Stamina
    Equip: Your attacks apply Banshee's Blight, giving your finishing moves a 3% chance per combo point spent to deal 1391 Shadow damage. Banshee's Blight stacks up to 4 times as the target becomes more injured. (500ms cooldown)

Shadow Dagger — Sylvanas heaves corrupted blades, inflicting 9078 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 9 sec to all struck targets.

Windrunner — Sylvanas Windrunner is by far one of the most talented fighters from Azeroth, and can execute multiple abilities in quick succession, rapidly changing position to suit her combat needs.

Veil of Darkness — Sylvanas enshrouds an area in fog, inflicting 33050 Shadow damage and afflicting enemies within a deathly cloud, absorbing 32871 healing and inflicting 1100 Shadow damage every half-second. 25% of all healing bypasses this absorb. This effect begins at 6 stacks, and every second attempts to transfer 1 stack to a nearby player within 5 yards.

Banshee Shroud — Enshrouds Sylvanas in darkness, reducing damage taken by 99%.

Banshee's Blades — Executes a quadruple series of strikes at a player, each inflicting 16525 Physical damage and 24788 Shadow damage, applying Banshee's Bane.

Death Knives — Sylvanas places a mark on players inflicting 5508 Shadow damage every second for 5 sec. When removed, Death-touched blades fling out from the marked players in targeted directions, inflicting 16525 Shadow damage every second for 9 sec to players within 5 yards of any struck target.

Yet, it isn't reserved to Hunters only?
    Blizzard chose not to. Take that up with them, as I said I don't make these decisions. I'd say it's dumb as fuck considering they could have easily called them Darkfallen Customizations and leave it at that.

But it's pretty damn clear that Danuser had been hinting at Dark Ranger lore and quests as well as customization options coming up, and that's exactly what we got. Official Dark Ranger, playable through a customization.

7+ Year Old Account
    stuff not representing the RPG class
    and here's how the RPG class is actually represented.
    Heightened Perception (Ex): At 2nd level, dark
    ranger’s senses grow sharper than even those of other
    Forsaken. The dark ranger gains a bonus equal to half
    her levels in this class on Listen and Spot checks

Shadowmeld (Ex): At 2nd level, the dark ranger
    learns how to fade into dark conditions, wrapping herself
    with shadows. At night or in low-light environments, the
    dark ranger gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Stealth
    checks to hide while stationary.

Keen Arrows (Ex): At 4th level, the dark ranger
    doubles the threat range of all arrows or bolts she fires.
    This feature does not stack with other threat range
    adjustments such as Improved Critical or the keen
    weapon property.

Swift Tracker (Ex): A dark ranger of 5th level or
    higher can move at her normal speed while following
    tracks without taking the standard –5 penalty. She takes
    only a –10 penalty (instead of the standard –20) when
    moving at up to twice her normal speed while tracking.
    If a dark ranger already possesses swift tracker from
    another class, these penalties are adjusted to –2 and –5
    respectively
    Sounds an awful lot like a playable night elf dark ranger hunter right now doesn't it?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yeah, can't say I'm a big fan of the armor set.

I'd probably be happier with a transmog that looked more like HOTS Sylvanas.
    Should've been the Tier set from Nighthold recolor. Similar to how they took the Paladin legion set and recolored it for the BE paladins to give them an "updated" Blood Knight set.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

---

I agree, this is exactly how high elves are in wow as well.
    Its an rp element and its up to you as a player what you want to be for your own interpetation. So if you want to rp as a vampire from icc or a dark ranger from sylvanas time, you are free to do so. But in the end you are still a blood elf or a normal troll with a sandtroll skin. With that said, real Undead paladin is still not playable, nor do I see undead paladins fantasy with darkfallen look. It doesnt fit the sir siliek theme at all.

Some one posted a pic of a blood elf paladin with red eyes, with: told you so, now I am a canon undead pala vampire. Well actually, you are only that because you say so as its up to you what you are. But for others you are still just a blood elf with dark ranger costumization.

Its literally dress up and thats how blizzard wants players to create their own stories. The only good thing is that they give us options, sadly its not very fulfilling imo as it doesnt feel like a real darkfallen, rping is fun for some, but I would have liked it more if they had fun racials mentioning and adressing the san'layn for example or more costumization options. Its a fun addition, the red eyes, but thats it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-04 at 10:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Stop being so wrong, all Dark Rangers are undead just like a Deathknight and simular to Sylvanas in many ways, you are just angry as usual.

Player Dark Rangers are not real Dark Rangers, at least not yet tm.
    A dark ranger is just a dead elf being a ranger, thats it, regardless of people headcanon and fanfic.

Sylvanas is a banshee, thats why she had unusual powers.

Blizzard chose not to. Take that up with them, as I said I don't make these decisions. I'd say it's dumb as fuck considering they could have easily called them Darkfallen Customizations and leave it at that.

But it's pretty damn clear that Danuser had been hinting at Dark Ranger lore and quests as well as customization options coming up, and that's exactly what we got. Official Dark Ranger, playable through a customization.
    Weird.... because Demon Hunter and Death Knight customizations are exclusive to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    and here's how the RPG class is actually represented. Sounds an awful lot like a playable night elf dark ranger hunter right now doesn't it?
    The concept has been updated and developed since then.
    It is a 20 year old concept, might i remind you.

By the way, where did you get these abilities from?
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-06-05 at 06:36 AM.

Let Forsaken, Nightborne get the visuals, and open the dark ranger set looks to rogues as well
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    A dark ranger is just a dead elf being a ranger, thats it, regardless of people headcanon and fanfic.

Sylvanas is a banshee, thats why she had unusual powers.
    Wrong again.

Third War
    WoW-novel-logo-16x62.png This section concerns content related to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
    When Prince Arthas Menethil invaded Quel'Thalas, he raised the fallen members of Sylvanas Windrunner's army either as incorporeal banshees or as intact bodies. These fallen high elves would become known as Darkfallen, prowling the lands as dark rangers for the Scourge.[3] Over time, some returned to the forests, others were sent on missions, and a few simply stayed put. When Arthas' power began to wane after his return from Kalimdor, Sylvanas called the dark rangers to her side. They accompanied her to Deatholme.[4]
    This indicates they are to most degree similar to Sylvanas, You can stop being wrong now.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-06-05 at 07:04 AM.

Weird.... because Demon Hunter and Death Knight customizations are exclusive to them.
    Yes, because they have lore that explains how the visuals are exclusive to the class.

Dark Rangers are not being defined having visuals exclusive to any class. Blizzard could have easily made these visuals exclusive to Hunters if they wished to, and they chose not to. Only the armor set is exclusive to Hunter. Red Eyes and Pale Skin are also not accessible to Demon Hunters or Death Knights. These are deliberate choices that they've made, for whatever reasons they chose to do it.

Like I said, I'd rather they go out of their way to add Dark Ranger spell FX if they are going to regard it as a customization, but clearly all they went for was red eyes and pale skin, which was exactly what they were hinting at for quite some time. I even pointed out to you how this was literally how Blizzard was defining Dark Rangers since they dropped the Sylvanas novel and straight up talked about this in interviews.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-05 at 07:14 AM.

Yes, because they have lore that explains how the visuals are exclusive to the class.

Dark Rangers are not being defined having visuals exclusive to any class. Blizzard could have easily made these visuals exclusive to Hunters if they wished to, and they chose not to. Only the armor set is exclusive to Hunter. Red Eyes and Pale Skin are also not accessible to Demon Hunters or Death Knights. These are deliberate choices that they've made, for whatever reasons they chose to do it.

Like I said, I'd rather they go out of their way to add Dark Ranger spell FX if they are going to regard it as a customization, but clearly all they went for was red eyes and pale skin, which was exactly what they were hinting at for quite some time. I even pointed out to you how this was literally how Blizzard was defining Dark Rangers since they dropped the Sylvanas novel and straight up talked about this in interviews.
    So, this customization option is of Darkfallen - Undead elves, as they have several classes associated with them: Dark Ranger, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warrior.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Let Forsaken, Nightborne get the visuals, and open the dark ranger set looks to rogues as well
    Forsaken already have red eyes and nightborne dont make much sense. I dont want nightborne to go the route of void elves. Just to be available without any story or mention.

All class options besides dk and dh are able to use them.

Edit: sorry you probably meant the transmog. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong again.

This indicates they are to most degree similar to Sylvanas, You can stop being wrong now.
    Well, that solves the long annoying discussion that sylvanas is the only one. Something that was semi grey area, but it just made more sense as we seen more banshees either in warcraft 3 and wow. I know some were using bodies such as these bandits and orges, but they were just able to leave them when they were killed. It doesnt sound weird they to could have been looking for their own dead bodies. In the book there was even a mention of some spell that was used to not make them rot.

This just gives the whole dark ranger/banshee thing more breathing room as much as some peoples dislike.

The whole darkfallen thing is just weird.. elf dks, mage sanlayn and dark rangers are all the same darkfallen, but sadly we just got one skin and eye color option as a package and I understand and actually share that opinion, that it doesnt really feel like I can truly fufull that fantasy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-05 at 12:18 PM.

So, this customization option is of Darkfallen - Undead elves, as they have several classes associated with them: Dark Ranger, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warrior.
    Yes, a Customization option that has not been reserved for a new race, nor for a hero class. It is a customization that represents Dark Rangers without the need for a Hero class or new Race/Allied Race. It is officially a Dark Ranger, as you stated.

7+ Year Old Account
    The concept has been updated and developed since then.
    It is a 20 year old concept, might i remind you.

By the way, where did you get these abilities from?
    The RPG concept hasn’t been updated as they stoped working on the RPG and it’s disconnected from wow. All dark rangers other then sylvanas can still fall with in the RPG concert just missing some spell stuff which can now be represented by Dark ranger priest which players can make. As far as Representing the RPG class wow has got it completely covered at this point.

Sylvanas her self has deviated from the RPG concept and would likely fall into a completely new class if the RPG was an on going thing just like how Dark ranger is a prestige hunter class she would likely be a prestige dark ranger class.

And the abilities are taken directly from the RPG horde player guide.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong again.

The only way they are similar to Sylvanas is by having the same spell put on her body so she wouldn’t rot onto there’s as well the novel never points to them having any powers like sylvanas or having any thing to do with banshees who are a separate group in the book.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-05 at 05:30 PM.