Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    But nobody actually gives a fuck that you support it or not buddy...

It's not a participative game creation. You are not at any steps asked to participe to the lore's continuation. A game is a cultural product you are free to consume or not. But nobody cares that you don't like its direction really.

Don't like it, don't play it. So no, you don't have to support it at all. Feel free to leave.
    I think you are also in the wrong part of the forum mate

Quote Originally Posted by Syrah-the-Old-One View Post
    It's fairly simple tbh : placing Calia as head of the Forsaken, because she has close ties to the Alliance, will help make sure another war doesn't come up because of the Forsaken.
    Pretty naive to think forsaken won't eat their own to keep the factions hot.
    ...and then there's the utter garbage writing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Alliance start war
    Oh no, Horde too powerful
    wait... some of the horde are Alliance sympathizers
    Alliance and rebels work together to beat big mean warchief

Alliance start another war
    Ohh no, now more Horde are on the side of the Warchief than before!
    dont worry, those Horde sympathizers will undermine the warchief and kill their own people!
    Alliance and rebels work together to not beat the warchief, but she stupidly reveals she's evil evil, so they set aside their differences and fight together some Old God and then some Death God.
    "wHyArEwEhElPiNgThEm?"
    I don't think you've been paying attention if you think the Alliance was the aggressors.

Garrosh attacked Night Elf lands to take their resources.

Sylvanas led an attack to kill Malfurion and destroy the Night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

Someone did not read Before the storm.

- - - Updated - - -

We should not have to. Despite my love for books, tell the important story in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    When a war is over nations usually start to normalise their relations. Sometimes a goverment gets replaced (this happened here) or there is some sort of temporal occupation or small bits of lands being exchanged, but as a normal Alliance player who supports Alliance policy, accepting the new Horde Goverment and helping them rebuild is the normal thing that would happen in a situation like that.

You can roleplay as some sort of ultraradical Nationalist, who hates the people of the Horde and refuses to accept the Forsakens claim to Lordaron, and start a protest in Stormwind instead of doing the quests of course. But that's definetely not the current stance of the Alliance goverment and it wouldn't fit with their role in the lore if it was.
    I think you really misunderstand what is happening here. Once again, there is a big difference between a truce, even some light support and literally helping rebuilding their research facility for biological and chemical weapons that they already have used against you multiple times in the past.
    Supporting that is not "normal behavior"
    Also please don't ignore that canonically there are only a few months between the burning of Teldrassil and the fall of the Jailer. The past 20 years of WoW history are just a faction of that in actual passed ingame time.

You know I played the questline myself just to find out.

Did you miss the letter at the end?

That may be the first time I've seen Genn Greymane smile since Legion.

(I mean it's almost a smile. That "I'm proud of my adopted son/king" smile that is so quickly crushed by Shaw. </3)

Killing Nathanos, punishing Sylvanas, all these things helped but this finally put him over the edge of actually being happy for once.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2022-06-03 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I think the point of the OP is that why are the characters of this fantasy world... like Genn sending you to help the forsaken which are essentially his and his people's mortal enemies.
    He doesn't, he sends you to spy on them. You, the adventurer, decide to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea what is going on in the minds of Blizzards story writes, I really do not.
    It was just one expansion ago that we fought to destroy UC, now we help the forsaken to restore Lordaeron despite nothing has changed in the meantime?

I will not even start with all the other problems the alliance story ONCE AGAIN has and that only seems to be getting worse every single patch, but the whole PREMISE of this questline is so dumb, I ONCE AGAIN can't believe somebody approved it to be released.
    The Alliance didn't fight to destroy Undercity. They fought to capture Sylvanas and bring her to justice for burning Teldrassil and genociding the night elves. Although, capturing undercity and reclaiming Lordaeron for the Alliance would have been a massive bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you missed the part where Gilneas will get a chance to rebuild. Smells like a Lordaeron revamp for 11.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea what is going on in the minds of Blizzards story writes, I really do not.
    It was just one expansion ago that we fought to destroy UC, now we help the forsaken to restore Lordaeron despite nothing has changed in the meantime?

I will not even start with all the other problems the alliance story ONCE AGAIN has and that only seems to be getting worse every single patch, but the whole PREMISE of this questline is so dumb, I ONCE AGAIN can't believe somebody approved it to be released.
    Perhaps it does not make much sense, but at least it ended in some of the night elves rejoining their living kin, and that is better than nothing. With the night elves' population so extremely low, they need all the assistance they can muster at this point. Besides, even if the Alliance players refused to help, the Horde players would have done so in any case, and no difference would have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    I don't like this either, but if the ppl buy this books, then the company will do it, because they get more money for almost nothing, just like classic, they don't improve the game, we see they even take things out, but not imporving anything, but they still pay for it.
    Well, the night elves still got something in the end, new dark ranger customizations, and some of the Forsaken night elves rejoining the other kaldorei (although not Delaryn, she mentioned something about not belonging with the night elves, at least not yet).

Ishnu-alah. We walk the night.

- Are you going to rejoin the kaldorei?

After Darkshore, I do not know if they would welcome me. In that violent time of confusion, I fought against the kaldorei. I lost my faith.

I would not blame them for not accepting me, or the others that were raised in the aftermath. We may be on the road to accepting ourselves, but we are not done. And, fortunately, we are not alone anymore.

- Let's talk about something else.

<Tell Delaryn about Ferryn in Ardenweald.>

<Delaryn's subtle expression twists with a pained emotion, which then melts to relief.>

I am glad to hear that he is not in that dark, terrible place anymore. At least one of us has a chance to know peace. Thank you for telling me.

- Let's talk about something else.
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-06-05 at 03:51 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Well, the night elves still got something in the end, new dark ranger customizations, and some of the Forsaken night elves rejoining the other kaldorei (although not Delaryn, she mentioned something about not belonging with the night elves, at least not yet.
    I think this is just an empty bandage, i think most of the n elf fans don't really like this and they will be more happy a class skin to the n elf priest, mages or even a n elf paladin with a different looking and named skill. N elf heritage armor both high born and classic W3 looking ones or even the night elf boss set from Legion in the tomb of Sargaras. The dark ranger thing is welcome among the b elf fans and maybe void elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    I think this is just an empty bandage, i think most of the n elf fans don't really like this and they will be more happy a class skin to the n elf priest, mages or even a n elf paladin with a different looking and named skill. N elf heritage armor both high born and classic W3 looking ones or even the night elf boss set from Legion in the tomb of Sargaras. The dark ranger thing is welcome among the b elf fans and maybe void elfs.
    Well, I thought that dark rangers would be a new class, honestly, but this customization is interesting also, I suppose. I am interested to see when they will unlock the night elf and Forsaken heritage armor quests, if not now, then when exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ysera suggested Tyrande to take a seed to the Dragon Isles, if you stayed to listen to conversation after the cinematic. She did not specifically name "Dragon Isles", but it was clear enough from the way she addressed that land.

So this will be the next step, especially given Blizzard confirmed that Tyrande is one of the major characters in Dragonflight.

But what is that even supposed to mean? So Teldrassil will remain dead, but the night elves will leave Kalimdor and plant a new tree near the dragons or something? Or is the seed meant to reincarnate all those night elf souls somehow?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Well, I thought that dark rangers would be a new class, honestly, but this customization is interesting also, I suppose. I am interested to see when they will unlock the night elf and Forsaken heritage armor quests, if not now, then when exactly?
    Hope with the pre patch, or when the new expansions goes live

But what is that even supposed to mean? So Teldrassil will remain dead, but the night elves will leave Kalimdor and plant a new tree near the dragons or something? Or is the seed meant to reincarnate all those night elf souls somehow?
    It’s a pretty interesting idea, but i don’t think Ysera will come with them. I’m don’t really wanna a new world tree just a nice tree with silver flowers in the new capital maybe in a new temple garden or in a middle of the city. The n elfs not just druid oriented now, they have mages to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't think you've been paying attention if you think the Alliance was the aggressors.

Garrosh attacked Night Elf lands to take their resources.

Sylvanas led an attack to kill Malfurion and destroy the Night elves.
    Paying attention longer than you apparently.

Alliance were attacking the horde while Thrall was still Warchief, Jaina even brought demands to Thrall from Varian and he refused them(mind you the moment Thrall even leaves Orgrimmar, the alliance is attacking his ship).

Genn Greymane led an attack to kill Sylvanas and Forsaken before Sylvanas made her attack on the night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the quest should have ended with an in-game cinematic of Genn transforming into a Worgen, picking the player character up by their neck, SLAMMING THEM against the wall, absolutely pissed the FUCK OFF that we, the Alliance, helped THE FORSAKEN... Manduin walks in, berates Genn, he lets us down, finishes reading the letter, and apologizes for his actions.

But... meh.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Paying attention longer than you apparently.

Alliance were attacking the horde while Thrall was still Warchief, Jaina even brought demands to Thrall from Varian and he refused them(mind you the moment Thrall even leaves Orgrimmar, the alliance is attacking his ship).

Genn Greymane led an attack to kill Sylvanas and Forsaken before Sylvanas made her attack on the night elves.
    And absolutely none of that was in response to Horde provocations, no sir. Nothing like oh say years of Horde routinely kidnapping, enslaving, and murdering Alliance civilians, experimenting on them, putting them in arenas. No indeed, that would take time away from their nature hikes, basket weaving, and flower arranging.

Genn is totally unreasonable. He should THANK the Lich Queen for blighting his land to a hellhole, murdering his people and son. Sylvie-sempai noticed him!

Seriously, Horde fans preening about knowing lore while frantically trying to ignore any of it that shows what the Horde really is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Who da hell is Calia?

Where/when ingame can I learn about that character?

Nowhere?

It doesnt exist then.
    unfortunately no in-game but her actual debut was in Day Of The Dragon, which was published before Warcraft 3 was released
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Did it really? Seems to me like there are a still a lot of unresolved issues and many, many, many innocent casualties. There's a lot to be said about Blizzard's storytelling, but my biggest personal gripe is how quickly they go to "everything is fine again" mode after the big bad has been disposed of. They made such a big fuss about building up how horrible the BfA war was, how many innocent people died and how the Alliance and Horde alike were running out of soldiers - and now everything is okay because an armistice was signed?

It's simply not believable to me. I don't mind peace, but anything more than the most tenuous and frail peace the two factions have ever experienced just doesn't seem plausible.
    I'm still convinced that Anduin and Sylvanas are still in cahoots because there's really no reason either of them would suddenly change their mind knowing what they know. Even the cinematic seemed to almost indicate this unspoken thing between them. And yes, Anduin did understand the plan and was just at odds with the means not the end. The cutscene after Sanctum in Korthia shows he understands that there is a need to do it.

The point is, however, if the Jailer succeeded, the deaths of anyone on Azeroth that was necessary to achieve his goal would basically be voided anyway as he was rewriting reality. However, the blind zealots leading the covenants basically led us against him because "amg he was against the plan".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think she's suggesting to plant it there. She's saying it will be protected. So it's possibly not ready to be used yet or something

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    SPOILERS:
    So the UC and Tedrasil are both going to be rebuilt, and the horde and alliance are now realising that there are bigger issues than their petty wars which in the past had been led by those under the influence of other powers.
    Again ?
    Because I think it's the, what, third or fourth times it's happening ?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    And absolutely none of that was in response to Horde provocations, no sir. Nothing like oh say years of Horde routinely kidnapping, enslaving, and murdering Alliance civilians, experimenting on them, putting them in arenas. No indeed, that would take time away from their nature hikes, basket weaving, and flower arranging.
    It’s actually not brought on by horde provocations Varian makes demands of thrall based off of Twilight hammer attacks not any thing the horde actually does and when the horde tries to make peace another twilight hammer attack escalates things further after thrall is gone and garrosh is in charge.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It’s actually not brought on by horde provocations Varian makes demands of thrall based off of Twilight hammer attacks not any thing the horde actually does and when the horde tries to make peace another twilight hammer attack escalates things further after thrall is gone and garrosh is in charge.
    Or Blizz figured that all that is remembered and not rehashed as it would be tedious. The fact that people apparently missed all that though is likely part of why they feel they have to do "war is bad" stories.

Saying that the Horde's actions had nothing to do with it is absurd. Even under the most generous assumptions, Varian was inclined to believe the Twilight Hammer actions as something the Horde would do based on his knowledge and experience with them. It is far more likely and believable that Varian, who had absolutely no reason to think well of the Horde, would have fully considered them. Thus, whatever the case, that then means those actions do in fact contribute. This shouldn't need to be spelled out by Blizz.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2022-06-07 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/