Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The new Night Elf tree is gonna be in Gilneas

Just wanted to put my chips on this one.

Undead will take Lordaeron, with Undercity being left to rot in blight, and Gilneas will have a world tree planted in its center. Night elves gave worgen a home after their city was lost, and now theyll get to return the favor.

Allied races: Lightborn Undead and Night Elf Worgen, conveniently the only two core races missing allied counterparts.

10.1?

Makes me think that if we want to fully retake Gilneas we're gonna need to grab that south west land mass out of the water.

And that's how you introduce the worgen shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Undead will take Lordaeron, with Undercity being left to rot in blight, and Gilneas will have a world tree planted in its center. Night elves gave worgen a home after their city was lost, and now theyll get to return the favor.

Allied races: Lightborn Undead and Night Elf Worgen, conveniently the only two core races missing allied counterparts.

10.1?
    You do realize UC has already been cleansed from the blight, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You do realize UC has already been cleansed from the blight, yes?
    That's actually not true. Undercity specifically has not been cleansed (lore-wise and ingame if you glitch through), only the Ruins of Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

10.1?
    Not going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I too thought of this. I would really like it to happen, but it's a lot of work for Blizz, so /shrug
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched that YouTube video also discussing this.

10+ Year Old Account

10.1?
    Not gonna happen, that is like shitting on a whole kingdom, as well, there are most likely better options. And seeing that Tyrande needs to talk to Ysera's daughter and her Green Flight, makes it sound like it is NOT going to be there, or where the old one were, but some place "secure".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

make it grow on the vindikaar to get the ultimate space-ship-tree with laser beams and shields to defend itself properly
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Way too complex for Blizzard’s actual WoW team.

Assume replacing giant sword in Silithus with giant tree in Silithus. And even that SOLELY happens, IF they find some giant tree sprite that exactly matches giant sword sprite. Otherwise some student has to use Photoshop and GFX designer tools for more than a day. Which is WAY too expensive for Blizz.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-06-11 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    make it grow on the vindikaar to get the ultimate space-ship-tree with laser beams and shields to defend itself properly

it would look like this?

Of course instead of a space-proof box, it would just be on top of the space ship floating around the planet. Let's gooooo
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-11 at 12:25 PM.

I put my chips on growing it around the sword in Silithus, but given the dialogue it seems more likely it'll be on the Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    it would look like this?

LET'S GOOOOOO
    Way too complex. Way too expensive.

If they ever revamp the zones the new tree needs to be somewhere where new players can start and go back and forth to. Unless the new tree isn't going to be a starting zone. Which kinda sucks. Where else would the Night Elves start that makes it truly feel like a Night Elf zone?

The awkward conversation between Genn and Tyrande/Malfurion when the tree starts growing to the size of Teldrassil and is slowly absorbing/destroying Gilneas.

"So, about this tree...!?!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new Night Elf Tree will be Teldrassil again but with new glowing-in-the-dark textures to symbolize Ardenweald magic. Same buildings for Darnassus.

Everyone will be mad at how cheap it will look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not gonna happen, that is like shitting on a whole kingdom, as well, there are most likely better options. And seeing that Tyrande needs to talk to Ysera's daughter and her Green Flight, makes it sound like it is NOT going to be there, or where the old one were, but some place "secure".
    I feel like literally nobody in this thread listened to this line during the quest because it's pretty obvious what they meant to imply is that the new tree is going to be planted at the Dragon Isles.

I mean, I guess it could be somewhere else, but I can't imagine somewhere else considering we already know we're going there and need an excuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If they ever revamp the zones the new tree needs to be somewhere where new players can start and go back and forth to. Unless the new tree isn't going to be a starting zone. Which kinda sucks. Where else would the Night Elves start that makes it truly feel like a Night Elf zone?
    Eh, it'd probably be for the best to take a leaf (heh) out of Teldrassil and just put a new world tree somewhere off of the coast of Kalimdor. I have no real stake in it given that I no longer play, though I'd quite like Teldrassil itself to be restored somehow.

The issue with putting the Night Elf core territory within the Eastern Kingdoms is that they'd be at even more risk of being side lined by humans than they already are at present. Kalimdor is their ancestral home and should remain as such, including clawing back every bit of lost ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw discussion about the "strong" possibility of a new tree being put in Silithus, either replacing the sword stabbed there or like next to it or something... where did this come from? And what are the hints/points of speculation around it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I feel like literally nobody in this thread listened to this line during the quest because it's pretty obvious what they meant to imply is that the new tree is going to be planted at the Dragon Isles.

I mean, I guess it could be somewhere else, but I can't imagine somewhere else considering we already know we're going there and need an excuse to do so.
    Indeed, some miss that part, Dragon Isles, or it is a place known only to the Green Flight, a little like the Red Flight had a sanctum in Twilight Highlands.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would zero chance of them moving to the EK. Especially with the Forsaken staying put in Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post

The quest says they are taking it there to protect it. There's no mention of them planting it there. Its pretty obvious its only to get blessed by all the Aspects once they get their powers back in 10.X
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-06-11 at 01:12 PM.