15+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I saw a leek a week ago including getting the name right and it gets really off the walls story wise

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Eh. I saw a leek a week ago including getting the name right and it gets really off the walls story wise
    There was a thread on resetera guessing the subtitle and rebirth and reunion where both guessed multiple times(and both used by square lol). Resetera is full of idiots so even an idiot could of got lucky with that.

That said we already know its going off rails since they straight up changed the timeline and it's a midquel now and no longer a remake. Deepground showing up in the DLC already was going off the rails entirely.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-17 at 06:16 AM.

If it’s the leak I think you saw then there will be a MASSIVE shitstorm at the game’s end and it will confirm a certain “Dood’s” theory correct

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    If it’s the leak I think you saw then there will be a MASSIVE shitstorm at the game’s end and it will confirm a certain “Dood’s” theory correct
    That would be hilarious to the fan boys who can't accept the fact Zack is a better character than bitch boy. Anyone that played through the shit ass gameplay of crisis core can confirm this, you don't get through that game without liking Zack because the gameplay is beyond terrible(looks quite improved in the remaster though so we'll see).

I don't think they have the balls to do it. I would applaud the shit out of them if they did.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-17 at 06:22 AM.

1.5 years? Fuck...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    They’re doubling down on making the remakes a kingdom hearts style shitshow. Great.
    Well, at least this time it comes as no suprise, so I will simply not bother with it at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There was a thread on resetera guessing the subtitle and rebirth and reunion where both guessed multiple times(and both used by square lol). Resetera is full of idiots so even an idiot could of got lucky with that.

That said we already know its going off rails since they straight up changed the timeline and it's a midquel now and no longer a remake. Deepground showing up in the DLC already was going off the rails entirely.
    It wasn't resetera. I'd post it, but it's kinda retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Real or not, I'm not the biggest fan of ff7 so as long as the combat and music is good that's all I care about. ff9 remake was on the nvidia leak though and if they fuck that up so help me god

I think I might have seen the same one. I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least some truth to it simply on the basis that they do genuinely seem to want to tie absolutely everything related to FFVII together. I'm expecting it all to ultimately end up with the sort of happy ending so I'll be surprised if any of the major deaths stick by the time all is said and done.

Besides the fact they showed no gameplay of Rebirth but walking...

VII Remake has the best combat Square Enix has ever made, only KH2 is even remotely in the same realm and even that is a stretch.
    While true that sadly isnt much to brag about.

Best of the trash pile.

That would be hilarious to the fan boys who can't accept the fact Zack is a better character than bitch boy. Anyone that played through the shit ass gameplay of crisis core can confirm this, you don't get through that game without liking Zack because the gameplay is beyond terrible(looks quite improved in the remaster though so we'll see).

I don't think they have the balls to do it. I would applaud the shit out of them if they did.
    I agree I don’t think they will, I do believe it’s a perception/cryptic line tbh, it will happen but it won’t happen at the same time, people will only believe it will have happened like in the original

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda weird that they're remaking Crisis Core when Crisis Core is supposed to be included in Ever Crisis and was in fact shown quite extensively in the new Ever Crisis trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I play Crisis Core before FF7? I've only played FF7 Remake part 1 and part of the original FF7, but I'm waiting for Ever Crisis to play all of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Can I play Crisis Core before FF7? I've only played FF7 Remake part 1 and part of the original FF7, but I'm waiting for Ever Crisis to play all of it.
    Sure. Its not a garbage mobile game and has a banging ost. They replaced the original zack va so it wont be as good as the original

Besides the fact they showed no gameplay of Rebirth but walking...

VII Remake has the best combat Square Enix has ever made, only KH2 is even remotely in the same realm and even that is a stretch.
    It’s the best action combat, but I still prefer the turn based ffx system.

And ff14 if you count that.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

It’s the best action combat, but I still prefer the turn based ffx system.

And ff14 if you count that.
    Turn based is a relic that I am happy they have moved on from. But that's just me.

Total monkeys paw on the FFVII remake, really wish it would have just been updated instead of what they did no interest in part 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Turn based is a relic that I am happy they have moved on from. But that's just me.
    Well, only in FF. Those of us who prefer ATB/Turn based style systems still have Dragon's quest.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    The problem I have with sentiments like this is that ultimately what it turns into is advocating for every game to have an identical combat system:

1. Third person
    2. Control one character
    3. Main attack abilities with combos
    4. Intermittent special abilities

It's boring and bland after awhile. Final Fantasy was traditionally about controlling a party of characters, not about fighting solo alongside some NPCs.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I've been out of the loop for about a year now, do we have any indication of part 2 release date or any info about it what so ever yet?
    NEXT winter on the release.

So, can we tell if they are using a overworld or not, yet? I'm guessing no. Will there be an area select screen and fast travel? Part 1 had good combat and music, but the filler was at least a long as the content and the density of midgar made the scope feel small, which was the same way with Midgar in the original, but the leaving Midgar moment was when that scope expanded and kinda blew my mind. Do we have that here, or are we just going to be getting stages?

The problem I have with sentiments like this is that ultimately what it turns into is advocating for every game to have an identical combat system:

1. Third person
    2. Control one character
    3. Main attack abilities with combos
    4. Intermittent special abilities

It's boring and bland after awhile. Final Fantasy was traditionally about controlling a party of characters, not about fighting solo alongside some NPCs.
    The weird thing is, I found turn based combat to be boring and bland.

Like I said, that's just me.