Page 68 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    And here comes one of the usual suspects being annoying n obtuse

Chasing a ship is one thing, replicate shot is another
    I think that's fine in this case. It's a nice reference, and it's not done in an oppressive or cheesy way. It flows naturally, while still quoting a classic. That's a GOOD way of doing this.

And now they lessened Ahsoka's fight, which was unique what anyone has done to Vader.
    I think it's tricky when it comes to animated stuff. I'm not sure what the overlap is, exactly, but I wouldn't be surprised if a LARGE percentage of SW audiences are live-action exclusive and never look at animated stuff at all. Which means you can't really hold those parts sacrosanct, or risk limitations in storytelling and cinematography for very little reason.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reva didn't even use a non-existent bacta
    She teleported to Tatooine in a snap
    Her wound magically (star warsy?) moved to her belly
    Her spine is fine because she is obviously made of spine, no mobility loss (yes, Owen hit her in the center of the belly where the wound was, so it's thru the spine)

The fight between Obi and Ani is ruined by Reva cut ins.
    Vader not finishing the job
    Obi-wan not finishing the job
    Obviously because of plot armor. But execution is bad. Because it's the only reason.

And then Obi teleported (star warsed?) to Tatooine just in time, even though we are shown the events are developing at the same time.
    Then another piece of plot armor kicks is.
    And Reva will be fine, once The Sand is cleaned up from the wound.

Then Emperor says forget Kenobi. And Vader forgets Kenobi. Probably Palpy is Star Warsing the Vader replacement for Episode VI? Too far fetched? Or Vader lied while Star Warsing the Emperors demise in episode VI? Even more far fetched? Though we know he didn't look for Kenobi so he didn't lie.

"The future will take care of itself."

Completely anticlimactic.

What was this show about at all? Thank god there's only one season of it. Though it could fit into a single feature film, the trailer alone would do, what a waste of time.

At least we've got Liam Neessssson cameo at the end. Was it worth it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Now Reva slightly older, can appear in the Andor show n ruin that too...why stop there, add her to the ahsoka, bad batch show too..

wow, they actually did a solid job of coming full circle with the story.
    last episode was an 11/10 for me. just plain awesome star wars content. the fight between Obi-won and Vader and how it ended was perfect imo. the cameo appearances were awesome. the little dialogue nods to the first movie were very nicely done. the series had ups and downs, but the finale nailed it.

they could easily do a season 2 with a whole new story and having one of the particular cameo continue to appear would just be sweet. not beholden to any real history besides Obi-wan has to be on tatooine in 10 years.

this show was terrible lol another stinker from disney

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Reva didn't even use a non-existent bacta
    She teleported to Tatooine in a snap
    Her wound magically (star warsy?) moved to her belly
    Her spine is fine because she is obviously made of spine, no mobility loss (yes, Owen hit her in the center of the belly where the wound was, so it's thru the spine)
    I'll give you the teleport to Tatooine.

However, her wound didn't magically move, it was never where you said it was. It was always at her mid torso area or as you put it "belly."

The fight between Obi and Ani is ruined by Reva cut ins.
    Vader not finishing the job
    Obi-wan not finishing the job
    Obviously because of plot armor. But execution is bad. Because it's the only reason.
    Vader trapped a weaken Obi-wan under rubble. He did not believe Obi-wan had the strength to escape, so allowing him to suffer in his failure to stop him for the last moments of his life is definitely something Vader would do.
    Obi-wan not killing Vader is also in character for Obi-wan. He still can't give the finishing blow to his friend despite accepting his friend is gone.

And then Obi teleported (star warsed?) to Tatooine just in time, even though we are shown the events are developing at the same time.
    Then another piece of plot armor kicks is.
    And Reva will be fine, once The Sand is cleaned up from the wound.
    Obi-wan we clearly see arrive on Tatooine using a ship and hyperdrive ... what do you mean "teleported" to Tatooine?
    Well, she is walking around pretty okay right now.

Then Emperor says forget Kenobi. And Vader forgets Kenobi. Probably Palpy is Star Warsing the Vader replacement for Episode VI? Too far fetched? Or Vader lied while Star Warsing the Emperors demise in episode VI? Even more far fetched? Though we know he didn't look for Kenobi so he didn't lie.
    Yes, Vader lied to appease his master. How is this shocking to you?
    Also, just because he doesn't look for Kenobi doesn't mean he has "forgotten" Kenobi or didn't lie about moving passed Kenobi.

And WE KNOW HE LIED. His promise wasn't to forget Kenobi but to move passed his past life as Anakin and in Rebels he tells Inquisitors to catch Ahsoka, not kill, but bring her to him. Vader lied to Palpatine, period.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Vader does lie to emp, that's why he suggested turning Luke to the ewul side, to overthrow palpy, n he in turn to replace vader, sith are like that, douches.
    The "Luke, the emperor has seen his own fall, we are to rule as father and son" might be a lie too.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can hate on the first few episodes all you want, but the last one was worth it, especially the cameos at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    wow, they actually did a solid job of coming full circle with the story.
    last episode was an 11/10 for me. just plain awesome star wars content. the fight between Obi-won and Vader and how it ended was perfect imo. the cameo appearances were awesome. the little dialogue nods to the first movie were very nicely done. the series had ups and downs, but the finale nailed it.

they could easily do a season 2 with a whole new story and having one of the particular cameo continue to appear would just be sweet. not beholden to any real history besides Obi-wan has to be on tatooine in 10 years.
    Yeah, and the also actually managed to fix all of episode IV's lore fuckups, including Obi-Wan calling him just "Darth" and his whole "Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker" speach.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You can hate on the first few episodes all you want, but the last one was worth it, especially the cameos at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and the also actually managed to fix all of episode IV's lore fuckups, including Obi-Wan calling him just "Darth" and his whole "Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker" speach.
    General Kenobi!!!

I kinda wish Oven would kill Reva tho. Oh well maybe some1 will edit this one day .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are parts of the series that was really good, but there are parts that feel rushed.

Which is strange, I feel that the middle two episodes dragged, but the last two felt rushed.

There was a lot of good. I loved seeing Owen and Beru seeing Luke as their own child. It came across as believable. But, the danger to Luke just felt tacked on for no reason.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

People can hate on this all they want,

But I MYSELF enjoyed it rather well. Even though we all knew the ending before even the beginning of the series, somehow for me, it ended rather nicely.

I can see the Reva series being her chasing down all the Inquisitors but after that.......

The battle between Vader and Obi-Wan was really good. A mix of Force Powers and saber clashing. I liked Vader's line at the end of their fight, it goes well with what Obi-Wan tells Luke later.

Reva's arc, though predictable, kinda felt right in the end.

Bail's line well, we all know what is coming for them lol.

Is it me...... or did anyone else get SWtoR Jedi Sage vibes with Obi-Wan and the rocks

Over all for me, nicely done.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2022-06-22 at 01:29 PM.

I mostly enjoyed it but it being a prequel with important characters you're already well aware of how things will turn out. It drains away a lot of the dramatic tension.

As for Reva, I also don't mind her story arc but her story is inconsequential. She might get to do a few thrilling things but by the time we get Rogue One's time period she'll either be dead or living the life of a hermit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    As for Reva, I also don't mind her story arc but her story is inconsequential. She might get to do a few thrilling things but by the time we get Rogue One's time period, she'll either be dead or living the life of a hermit.
    In the end, when you think about it, the Obi-Wan series was her Origin Story lol. Obi-Wan was there merely for fan service while introducing the next series of SW. While I find the rumors of her getting her own series doubtful, I can see her being added to the Other series, Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian, and Ashoka.

This is purely my own headcanon but, she will be chasing down the Inquisitors, and happen to run into side quests in the other series. Reva as a stand-alone character, thus far, does not seem to be able to hold up a series, but as an inclusion into the other ones I can see that as a possibility.

Just give reva spin-off to rian johnson, that way only the biggest 'fans' will go see it...
    You don't now how much I love this idea.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You don't now how much I love this idea.
    Honestly, the hate and insanity from the Fandom Menace if it was announced as such would be worth the money thrown at the series for me.
    –The Sith Code

Overall it was not so bad - well it was no Mandalorian, but it was okish.

But again some of the things on that last episode were just straightout silly, obviously from the same writers as the sequels.
    An imperial star destroyer is not able to bring down a single civilian ship? The Lambda class shuttle should have sufficed for that job, they could have sent squadrons of TIE fighters after them. Hell, Vader might have just literally singlehandedly pulled in. Constantly missing probably is an hommage to the original Space Balls.

Kenobi letting Vader live once again? Why would he, especially after Vaders speech? But OK, whatever.

Solo should just bow, as Reva and Kenobi can do the Kessel Run in less than 12 seconds.

Gererally trying to squeeze in a story with existing characters with a known future is hard. Since we already knew that they would live, there was not really any suspense if they were together. And new characters, like Tara that we assumingly should have cared about, at least following her slowmo death scene, never really mattered.
    And that Reva ark - hey I am taking vengeance for killing my Jedi friends by killing the remaining Jedi friends until I fail to kill the actual murderer, but only after I got an motivational speech from one of the Jedi friends I was just hunting - yeah well, I wouldn't call it the height of storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Solo should just bow, as Reva and Kenobi can do the Kessel Run in less than 12 seconds.
    Oh come on! They have Hyperspace now, it's instantaneous and makes parsecs look silly.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    This is purely my own headcanon but, she will be chasing down the Inquisitors, and happen to run into side quests in the other series. Reva as a stand-alone character, thus far, does not seem to be able to hold up a series, but as an inclusion into the other ones I can see that as a possibility.
    1. Reva was weakest force user, she would just get pwnd
    2. Inqs die in sw show Rebels

10+ Year Old Account
    Qui-Gon ghost: Come on. We have a ways to go.
    5 minutes later: Btw, how did Reva survive that? I literally died.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Qui-Gon ghost: Come on. We have a ways to go.
    5 minutes later: Btw, how did Reva survive that? I literally died.
    Kenobi: "Our writers sucked in phantom menace, but not that hard!"