Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Thats legit info? I would like to have flying instead of ground mount tbh :P
    Nope, it hasn't been confirmed as the 6 month mount at all.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    If people enjoy playing the game, who are YOU to tell them what they should or shouldn't enjoy, and what they can do with their money?
    I'm not telling people what to do, I'm defending my opinion on the matter from someone (not you) who seems entirely unable to comprehend the idea some people think this is a really shitty and underhanded business practice

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You are literally the only person who cares. Can you not see that?
    Doesn't seem like it..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I'm not telling people what to do, I'm defending my opinion on the matter from someone (not you) who seems entirely unable to comprehend the idea some people think this is a really shitty and underhanded business practice
    But .... it's not? I would actually prefer it if we would have monthly loyality rewards instead of a single six months goodie.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    But .... it's not? I would actually prefer it if we would have monthly loyality rewards instead of a single six months goodie.
    I think at this point it's safe to assume they're never going to understand how businesses actually work. They'd probably be here complaining if it ends up being a new customer only perk, and they'd probably be here complaining if it was just straight implemented in the game because it's a "shitty reskin of a gronn and not a brand new unique skeleton/animation rig".

Of course, they apparently don't even play the game, so they're really just here being bitter about something other people enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Rigs take maybe 10 to 20 minuntes to do.

New models take hours if not days.

Anyone bitching about a rig is a moron.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks amazing. Either you are blind or just have a complete lack of good aesthetics
    If you think what looks like the byproduct of Alextrasza and Quasimodo having relations looks "amazing", ride along. We couldn't be further apart on what looks aesthetically appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    I don't think you understand what you're talking about tbh.
    It's literally a new model, if it's even real to begin with.
    It's not a new model, it's a new skin over an existing model.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You people obsess over the dumbest shit. Who cares if its a new model, rig, skeleton, skin or whatever other stupid ass terminology.

Does it look good to you? Yes? Buy it.

No? Dont buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Same model then. A reskin. People want new rigging, new animations, something unique to justify spending money, not something they can get from the garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Because people generally prefer new things instead of recolors. While a new skin is more than a recolor, only slightly so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Hi, working 3D artist here.

It is a new model.

Here's a little education:

A "model" is the three-dimensional arrangement of vertices in 3D space that are selectively connected into triangular faces, or polygons. This arrangement of faces, in this case into the form resembling a murloc, is called "topology." You may also hear this called a "wireframe" or "mesh." The novelness of the topology- that is, the number of faces and their arrangement, is what makes something a "different" model or not. Things are not "the same model" unless the topology is exactly identical.

A "skin" or "recolor" is the texture applied to this three dimensional arrangement of vertices by projecting a two-dimensional image onto a similarly two-dimensional layout of the model's topology. (Known as UVs, but that isn't really relevant.) Changing the skin is far easier, as you're simply re-painting this two-dimensional image, often simply with different colors to create what people might call "palette swaps" or "recolors." But the models stay the same between the different skins. You might be confused because games like Overwatch or LoL might indeed refer to different models for the same character as "skins," but if you're asserting that's the difference you mean... you're actually talking about a different model anyway.

Trust me when I say that there's no way they could have simply "shifted around" the existing faces from a gronn or yeti or naga brute a bit to make this murloc. It's a new model, through and through.

What you do likely mean is that these models all share the same rig, which may also be called a "skeleton." This is a series of joints and constraints in a 3D program that correspond to parts of the model's topology that allows an animator to animate the model or, in this case, re-use animations. The degree to which models and animations can be re-used can only be pushed so far between different models, which is why they all generally have the same pose and proportions. Having the topology be significantly different means that... well, the models break when you try and share the animations between them, because the parts the rig is trying to animate is far off from where the topology now is. You can see this in games like Overwatch, in which all the characters share the same rig (for expediency in rigging) but applying animations from the significantly different models of the characters to other characters technically works but creates hilarious and occasionally disturbing results.

Why do they re-use animations and skeletons? Because animations and rigs are the single most time-consuming aspect. Rigging artists (also called technical artists, though this term is more broad) are, in the 3D industry, practically worth their weight in gold and are in very high demand as rigging is a very finicky art to both learn and apply. There are generally a larger pool of animators, but animation cycles take a long time and models in WoW often have dozens of animations.

So, to recap: The murloc mount is a new model (and a new skin for what that's worth.) It is a reused rig. Rigs get reused in WoW, and all video games, to a large degree because it would be extraordinarily prohibitive to make unique rigs and animations for every new asset.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-06-26 at 05:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    If that was an intended method of obtaining store mounts, then you shouldn't have to jump through the hoops of buying WoW tokens and converting them into Battle.net balance. They should just be on a vendor somewhere for the amount of gold that's equal to its cash shop price. The fact that these things are never advertised as being available via in-game gold and are always depicted to the masses as cash shop exclusives speaks for itself.
    There is no "intened" method. They pit it on the shop. Player use what method that is available to get it. Why do you care so much how others obtain it? You still have the ability to get it for gold. Grind up the gold to get the tokens to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow are you greedy and entitled. 6 months is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Hi, working 3D artist here.

/snip
    How dare you come into this forum with practical knowledge and experience? I'm going to have to ask you to leave your brain at the door.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    How dare you come into this forum with practical knowledge and experience? I'm going to have to ask you to leave your brain at the door.
    Indeed.

If people are going to be incensed, they should at least know what in the hell they actually intend to be angry about.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is no "intened" method. They pit it on the shop. Player use what method that is available to get it. Why do you care so much how others obtain it? You still have the ability to get it for gold. Grind up the gold to get the tokens to buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow are you greedy and entitled. 6 months is enough.
    Yeah, I'm totally entitled just because I think they should reward players who actually sub and keep the game alive. Honestly, people who never finish a patch and un-sub once they get what they want are a plague to guilds and the game as a whole. Monthly goodies or a battlepass would fight this behavior quite well =)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah, I'm totally entitled just because I think they should reward players who actually sub and keep the game alive. Honestly, people who never finish a patch and un-sub once they get what they want are a plague to guilds and the game as a whole. Monthly goodies or a battlepass would fight this behavior quite well =)
    What? Those people would be getting a reward under your system. This doesn't make any sense at all. They are rewarding the people who actually sub for long periods and support them. That's why the reward is based on multiple months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What? Those people would be getting a reward under your system. This doesn't make any sense at all. They are rewarding the people who actually sub for long periods and support them. That's why the reward is based on multiple months.
    Mhm, I get your PoV I guess. But these people would still get less rewards if they just drop out, especially under a Battlepass system.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

That is what the 6 month reward does. What you want is SIX rewards over that same time frame.You already get rewarded every 6 months, yet you want one every month and still claim you are not greedy and entitled?

You do not need to get a new shiny every month just because you stay subbed. Every 6 months is more than enough to reward you "for subbing and keeping the gaem alive". You absolutely ARE entitled.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is what the 6 month reward does. What you want is SIX rewards over that same time frame.You already get rewarded every 6 months, yet you want one every month and still claim you are not greedy and entitled?

You do not need to get a new shiny every month just because you stay subbed. Every 6 months is more than enough to reward you "for subbing and keeping the gaem alive". You absolutely ARE entitled.
    If you think so =)

I still think giving out more rewards for a six month sub would be awesome. Make it like the RaF system. And even better, don't just put it also on the store.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

If you think so =)

I still think giving out more rewards for a six month sub would be awesome. Make it like the RaF system. And even better, don't just put it also on the store.
    That is the very definition of greedy and entitled. That is why you think it would be awesome.

I'm guessing you were never taught the meaning of the word "no" as a child.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is the very definition of greedy and entitled. That is why you think it would be awesome.

I'm guessing you were never taught the meaning of the word "no" as a child.
    Yeah sure, you dislike the simple idea of making more loyality rewards available and instead of reacting normally, you resort to attacking me personally. You must be fun at parties xD

And btw, yeah I usually get what I want. Seems like you are jealous?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah sure, you dislike the simple idea of making more loyality rewards available and instead of reacting normally, you resort to attacking me personally. You must be fun at parties xD

And btw, yeah I usually get what I want. Seems like you are jealous?
    So your parents did give into your whining al the time and never told you no then. The real world is going to be a slap in the face when you realize you won;t always get what you want.

Also, I did not attack you at all. I just stated that your behavior was one of greed and entitlement. And no I am not jealous of one who is demanding that Blizzard give them more things instead of one every 6 months. And you have the swerve to say someone else is not acting normally? Ignore list it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They simply want more stuff. Greed, plain and simple.