Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Buffed Naxxramas Will Backfire, Disaster Ahead!

As you might know, Naxx in WotLK Classic will be buffed and harder than it was back in the day. Some people cheer for this, but I think this will be a HUGE disaster for the game. Now, I will generalize some, and I don't speak for everyone, but I know many agree with me. Read everything before you comment please!

Lets face it, WoW Classic is the "dad-gamer" version of WoW. While there are some super tryhards, most of us are 30-40+ and have quite busy lives. Whether we have kids or not, being called "boomer" or "dad gamer" or even "casual" make most of us say "yeah, true" rather than getting upset. Where am I getting at? I'm getting at that many of us do NOT appriciate difficulty, and what we love of Classic is a nostalgic trip back in time, chill easy raids, and laughs with friends. If we wanted challenge, we'd play Retail.

The proof is out there. Classic since 2019 has been GREAT with a few exceptions, or rather 2 moments of total despair, Tier 5 pre-nerf and SWP. There is no coincidence tons and tons of guilds fell appart at those moments and that tens of thousands, maybe hundred of thousands of players quit. T5 and especially SWP was freaking awful and ruined so much of what we love with the idea of Classic.

For many, maybe even most of us "dad gamers", guildraiding is simply not an option, and hasn't been needed outside of pre-nerf T5 and SWP. Our lives are simply too busy. And that is fine. This is the version of the game that you should be able to Pug all the way. Do not say this game is made for guilds, cause it's simply not true. "Join a guild" is not an option and not relevant in this discussion. Anyway, SWP is completely unpugable. The only succesful pugs I've seen on Firemaw EU (the biggest server in Europe) are semi guild runs (which aren't really pugs) and GDKP runs. Doing like "hm, I got some spare time, lets run SWP, ok going trade chat LFM SWP Need..." days didn't exist now, and with the buffs to Naxxramas, they will still be non existent.

This is terrible. I hyped WotLK so much, for many, many months. Since I killed Illidan in January with a pug, I have hyped this, cause I knew the game soon (with SWP release) would be unplayable and I looked forward to easier content. Now, there is no hype. I am not sure I will do ANY boss in WotLK, and since I love raiding, should I even play it? Now, if you think "your loss", do you really think it's just our loss, when you start seeing thousands and thousands of people quit?

Look, T5 and SWP almost KILLED Classic TBC since it killed pugging. And worse yet, it's part of the continued growth of the cancer that is GDKP. People complain and rage over Diablo Immortal, but TBC is even more P2W with this plague that is GDKP. Cause lets face it, the ONLY way to experience SWP right now is to join a GDKP, and you can't get in those unless you are rich, hence making the game completely P2W.

What do you think is gonna happen with buffed Naxx. Soft Reset pugs will DIE. Pugging will DIE. Guild raiding is not an option for so many, many, many of us, our only 2 options will be to quit, or to basically buy gold and join GDKP runs of Naxx, making it further P2W. Does ANYONE think this is healthy for the game?

There are no winners with buffed Naxxramas. NO ONE wins with this. Buffed Naxx will be too hard for us dad gamers, but still give ZERO prestige for guilds, as it's STILL MUCH EASIER than anything retail offer, so who actually wants it buffed? Buffed Naxxramas will lead to so many thousands of people quitting, and those who stay will plague the game by making the dispicable thing that is GDKP even bigger. If you think GDKP is bad now, it's gonna get ten times worse in WotLK.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Blizz will nerf it after a while? Maybe even pre-launch? Do you think this can lead to the end of WoW Classic? I already predicted ICC will kill the game, and that Cataclysm will never happen, because those 2 are far too hard for what most people want. But that's far ahead, could this game be doomed even before we get it?

It won't be too hard at all.

Original Naxx was too easy for everybody. They simply want to make it so you can't walk into 10 man Naxx and clear it with level 77 greens like you could in real Wrath

It all depends on the buff. From what I remember it was a drool fest at level 80 and anyone could pug it without asking any questions. Even then with shit players. So I have feeling it's gonna flop over all the same if it's not buffed by a lot. Now it might be, because beta players are mostly the most hardcore of them all and know what to do. Personally I like easyish naxx to start and gear up getting ready for the first actual raid. And am kinda hoping they buff Ulduar just a bit.

Original NAXX was too easy and many people had their tier one raid achievement within the first month. However, I liked it being too easy. A group of us often took a lot of non-raiders in our guild through NAXX and got them into raiding. It's the old problem - there is no level that's suitable for everyone. Too hard and it excludes people completely. Too easy and it bores people to run it repeatedly. Exclusion is a bigger problem.

The better solution would be to make a heroic level for NAXX (heroic levels came later - but this should not be hard to do) and leave NAXX at its current difficulty.

Wrath naxx was so brain dead that they could probably buff it pretty significantly and still have it be easily puggable.

Of course they're buffing Naxx. The devs still on the WoW team detest lesser players. I mean, they really despise them. They wish they'd all just go away so they can make the game they want to make.

I suggest you follow their cue and just avoid Wrath Classic (and WoW in general.) Why send money that's going to pay the salaries of people who hate you?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I may have been mistaken but I thought they were only buffing HP and damage.

Mechanics themselves outside of maybe Horsemen and Thaddius are still pretty fucking hilariously easy.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I didn't know being 30-40+ makes you unable to press 2 buttons and take a sidestep every 20-30 seconds.

A 20% damage/hp buff or whatever they'll do won't change that.

In this post:
    Mass generalization without evidence
    Hyperbole interpretation of history without evidence that could be easily sourced
    Rejection of one of the key components that differentiates itself from retail (The need for being a guild member)
    Assuming a buffed NAXX will be harder than BT

General assessment: Doom and gloom based on FUD.
    @Battlebeard: Dont use being a dad as an excuse. If you want something you can just pick up with 0 commitments then retail is a good solution. Stop using "most" to back up your point of view because you have 0 evidence that anyone aside from yourself thinks like this. You sound like the type of person who will quote "the silent majority" in your argument like it does anything other than make you look like an idiot.

Chill. WoTLK is an easy expansion, nothing outside Heroic ICC and Hardmode Mimron/Yogg no lights + Algalon is going to be 'hard'.
    WoTLK was the start of making the game easier.

Literally, no one is agreeing with you. lol

Crying over something that hasn't even happened yet. How are kids these days so pathetic?

Yes, they said they will buff it because as others have said, you could clear it in greens/blues. That's far too easy if the gear isn't one of determining factors in if you succeed or fail. Do you not know where the term patchwork came from? It was from this raid tier because the boss stood there and was just a DPS race. That's how easy this place was, so many bosses where you tank/spank, and nothing else.

But here you are, crying already.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    (/snip)
    When Wrath first launched, my guild made a 10-man group and went into the dungeon. It was really tough, we almost wiped to trash mobs before reaching the first boss in the military quarter... before we realized we were a 10-man group in a 25-man instance.

Then we exited the instance, changed to 10-man, and then proceeded to steamroll the raid, even with none of us having raided the original Naxxramas before.

The point is that Wrath's version of Naxxramas was almost insultingly easy, at least for the 10-man version as my guild wasn't big enough for 25-man at the time, though I assume 25-man wasn't that far behind considering a group of 10 survived rather decently until the first boss.

80 Naxx was way to undertuned in retail. Even on my server, where the Illidan first kill happened in the wotlk pre-patch, was done with out effort shortly after the realm first level 80 achievements popped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It won't be too hard at all.

Original Naxx was too easy for everybody. They simply want to make it so you can't walk into 10 man Naxx and clear it with level 77 greens like you could in real Wrath
    I think the hardest thing in Naxx was the safety dance

My thoughts are I'd rather they leave it alone because I'd like to spend the least amount of time possible in that boring ass raid.

I don't think them buffing it matters much because I highly doubt they're going to go overboard with the HP/DMG buffs. Unless they do something insane like double the values it's still going to be a super easy raid that's heavily pugged. The sky isn't falling.

If they don't buff it, it will be cleared on the first night people can pull together enough people at a high enough level. There's nothing fun about that. We'll be asking for Ulduar by the 3rd day. At least if they buff it, there will be slight excitement for some of the gear it drops.

Don't worry, it will still be easy.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    I didn't know being 30-40+ makes you unable to press 2 buttons and take a sidestep every 20-30 seconds.

A 20% damage/hp buff or whatever they'll do won't change that.
    I can already feel my back screaming in pain

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If they don't buff it, it will be cleared on the first night people can pull together enough people at a high enough level. There's nothing fun about that. We'll be asking for Ulduar by the 3rd day. At least if they buff it, there will be slight excitement for some of the gear it drops.

Thats how we cleared it back in original release 2008. Most of top guilds in top 50 ish went in and 1 day cleared all of the content as soon as we had 25ppl at lvl 80. Thats why we called it wrath of the casual king xD
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Some servers had original naxx cleared by groups of 15-20 ppl for the 25 mode and the race to get the realm first titles. It was way too easy and it will be easier with today's knowledge. It's a good thing they rise the difficulty.